BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not just the UK....I've had grown men who didn't know how to change a tire, and one who couldn't reset a breaker...yeah  he called the police because he didn't know that putting 4 extension cords full of assorted crap on one outlet would pop a breaker and turn off the power...  NEVER underestimate the ability of people to be stupid.  A friend of mine  (Very pretty girl, GREAT tits, and no pics)  once told her father and brother that she didn't need to learn how to change a tire because "I have these"  her brother went out and let the air out of one of her tired and told her "Now wgat?  I don't give a damn about "Those". ...so she learned to change a tire.
View Quote
I don't know how to change a tire.  With liabilities I wouldn't want to change one.  But still, I have no idea how a Jack works or if my spare has air.  I keep fix a flat and AAA.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was having a conversation with my dad last week about how I don't understand how people can live needing someone else for even the most basic repairs and maintenance. I'd have to make at least 3x what I make now in order to keep what I have maintained, repaired, or replaced by other people instead of doing it myself.
View Quote
To be fair, there comes a point where your time is more valuable than the cost of hiring someone to do it.  When people start making real money, it is better to focus on work and get paid...rather than trying to take time off work to do a project.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

To be fair, there comes a point where your time is more valuable than the cost of hiring someone to do it.  When people start making real money, it is better to focus on work and get paid...rather than trying to take time off work to do a project.  
View Quote
This is true. Some people take it to the extreme though.... 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd say the opposite is true.  In the days of youtube, you can find videos showing you how to do pretty much whatever.  

When I was 17 I started working on my own car with no experience or help, didn't want to pay so I just used some videos and shit i read online.  Did radiator, water pump, tstat, sensors, basically anything that didn't require cracking open the actual engine (because it never needed it).  

I'd say they're polling the real dumbest of the dumb to get that result
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't know how to change a tire.  With liabilities I wouldn't want to change one.  But still, I have no idea how a Jack works or if my spare has air.  I keep fix a flat and AAA.
View Quote
Wtf is this even supposed to mean?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Just look at how many folks here who will spend ridiculous amount of money on
firearms and the like because they are scared shitless the item won't work 100% forever.

Stuff breaks. Hell, rocks break.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top