Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:02:07 PM EDT
A controversial voter-turnout tactic employed by Senator Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign in Iowa is cropping up in New Hampshire, this time by way of a mysterious organization about which few public details are available.

Voters in New Hampshire received envelopes in the mail this week claiming to contain “important taxpayer information,” according to Christopher Crawford, who received one of the mailers and posted pictures of it on Twitter. Mr. Crawford, who recently moved to Washington, was visiting his parents at their home in Nashua, N.H., this week when he opened an envelope addressed to him only to find a chart showing the names and voting history of several of his parents’ neighbors.

“What if your friends, your neighbors, and your community knew whether you voted?” the mailer says, before promising Mr. Crawford that “we plan to mail an updated chart” after the New Hampshire primary.

The tactic, known as “vote shaming,” is designed to encourage people to turn out to vote. Mr. Cruz’s version, sent to voters in Iowa, contained a stamp suggesting to recipients that they were guilty of an unspecified “voting violation.” The mailer drew condemnation from voting officials in Iowa.
View Quote

Link

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Come on Cruz, get your people under control.

Cruz 2016
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Like I said before, if you think this is a legit government document, you don't need to be voting for anything more important than the employee of the month at Subway.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there proof the Cruz Campaign sent them ? Trump's people could do that just to make Cruz look stupid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]

7.12 Billion people on the planet and Cruz is the only one that can do this? After the negative reactions from this happening in Iowa, I wouldn't imagine Cruz's people would do it again.

People are sure pussies. Just throw it in the trash if you don't like it.

I'd guess the people most offended are likely guilty as charged.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Telling folks you voted? Big deal...what's to be ashamed of?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Come on Cruz, get your people under control.

Cruz 2016
View Quote

PACs can do what they please. Cruz could ask them to stop but they don't have to.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Annnnnnd the Cruzader Apology Squad is already at work!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]
People should be ashamed of who they are voting for.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is there proof the Cruz Campaign sent them ? Trump's people could do that just to make Cruz look stupid.
View Quote

In Iowa it clearly stated Paid for by Friends of Ted Cruz
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where's the proof this is from Cruz? What do we have to apologize for?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#13]
No picture of anything Cruz related or any proof he mailed the letters in this article. And yet some people gobble this shit up.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Cruz is turning into a real dickhead.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Like I said before, if you think this is a legit government document, you don't need to be voting for anything more important than the employee of the month at Subway.
View Quote

That doesn't make it right.  Plenty of idiot voters out there.  Cruz is taking advantage of it too.  What a chump.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Cruz is turning into a real dickhead.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I didn't get one!! what the fuck..I also didn't get a bunch of junk mail from the NRA!!!.....WTF.....I must not be on "THAT" list!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No picture of anything Cruz related or any proof he mailed the letters in this article. And yet some people gobble this shit up.
View Quote

It's the exact same thing he was doing in IA.  I'm sure it'll come out that it's him.

And this one looks even more official than the IA mailer.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Just proves that the lying Trumpeteers here are not above making shit up out of whole cloth. You smell that? Folks that's Grade A desperation!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That doesn't make it right.  Plenty of idiot voters out there.  Cruz is taking advantage of it too.  What a chump.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why should Trump have the monopoly on that voting base?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I was going to post but decided to read first. There are groups that send stuff and run ads as well that are not affiliated with the campaigns

CRUZ 2016
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#22]
People who suggest this has anything to do with Cruz or his supporters are liars or fools.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's the exact same thing he was doing in IA.  I'm sure it'll come out that it's him.

http://lawnewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/voter-shamer-mailer-1-e1454965737171.jpg

http://lawnewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/voter-shamer-mailer-2-e1454965769920.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://lawnewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/voter-shamer-mailer-1-e1454965737171.jpg

http://lawnewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/voter-shamer-mailer-2-e1454965769920.jpg

You people are a special kind of special. So Cruz gets blasted or doing a mailing that clearly says it was paid for by him, and used no seals or official marks... So you think he would do another, leave his name off it (which is required by law), and use seals to make it look official? I think it's more likely Trump or Rove are behind it to smear Cruz.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#24]
bunch of sandy vaginas up in this mother fucker lately.

CRUZ 2016
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

In Iowa it clearly stated Paid for by Friends of Ted Cruz
View Quote

Where did it say that?   Anyway the big problem is sharing that information with the neighbors.  Sure it is public info but if that is your criteria making it OK, then have you registered your support for the Texas newspaper publishing the addresses of every police officer?  

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

CRUZ 2016
View Quote

So you must be favor of the Texas newspaper publishing the public information of every police officers address.  After all "it's public info".
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Where?   Anyway the big problem is sharing that information with the neighbors.  Sure it is public info but if that is your criteria making it OK, then have you registered your support for the Texas newspaper publishing the addresses of every police officer?  

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaWc4BPW4AAhne2.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaWc4NMWQAA5Xzi.jpg:large

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?   Anyway the big problem is sharing that information with the neighbors.  Sure it is public info but if that is your criteria making it OK, then have you registered your support for the Texas newspaper publishing the addresses of every police officer?  

So the Iowa mailings are proof in New Hampshire?

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So you must be favor of the Texas newspaper publishing the public information of every police officers address.  After all "it's public info".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRUZ 2016

Show me how the physical safety of voters is threatened by this... Publishing cops names and addresses could potentially endanger them or their families. Your BS analogy is weak.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Show me how the physical safety of voters is threatened by this... Publishing cops names and addresses could potentially endanger them or their families. Your BS analogy is weak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CRUZ 2016

If it is public info then their safety is already threatened.  Either publishing public information is ok or it is not.  In my opinion both types of public information is not acceptable.  You are the one making up the exceptions, that only when Ted Cruz publishes public information is it ok.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Seemed to work in Iowa.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Ted Cruz 2016

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll go on record, as Trump supporter, that I do not think Ted Cruz sent out this mailer.  The letter is terrible with a terrible font, it looks very rushed.  Cruz's campaign is more professional than that.  So I don't believe Cruz is behind this one.  However, I do have to laugh at Cruz because he opened himself up to this shit show by what he did do in Iowa.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Dirty Tricks in Two-Oh-One-Six
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRUZ 2016

I would be worried that a zealot supporter of another politician may use that info and endanger me or my family...and you only have to read a few of the political threads here to see it.......
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I quoted the wrong post by Hiram.  I was responding to the "It's clearly marked from Ted Cruz" comment.  Maybe on the back of the envelope or paper but it is not clear in the images I showed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If it is public info then their safety is already threatened.  Either publishing public information is ok or it is not.  In my opinion both types of public information is not acceptable.  You are the one making up the exceptions, that only when Ted Cruz publishes public information is it ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRUZ 2016

Whatever dude, your desperation is palpable... No proof Cruz is behind this, and voting information is public from one easily accessible single point - the Board of Elections. Every campaign I ever worked on (and that's dozens) had walking sheets of party enrollees, and included information on the last time they voted... And any citizen could walk into the BOE and get the same information.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I would be worried that a zealot supporter of another politician may use that info and endanger me or my family...and you only have to read a few of the political threads here to see it.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRUZ 2016

I'd be more worried about Cubans parachuting onto the local high school football field and taking over.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#39]
When Trump gets up to his old tricks, does he donate money to anti-gun Democrats...?!-?!

I would take Cruz's "old tricks" over Trumps "old tricks" any day of the week...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dirty Tricks in Two-Oh-One-Six
View Quote

Would it have been better if he just bought the votes?  You know, cost of doing business sort of thing?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Whatever dude, your desperation is palpable... No proof Cruz is behind this, and voting information is public from one easily accessible single point - the Board of Elections. Every campaign I ever worked on (and that's dozens) had walking sheets of party enrollees, and included information on the last time they voted... And any citizen could walk into the BOE and get the same information.
View Quote

Says the person excusing the behavior, even though you don't think he did it.  What if it was Trump that did it this time?  Are you going to be defending Trump's actions or will you be attacking him for it?

If you see above, I stated that I don't think Cruz put this out.  It looks cheap and rushed.  Something that a candidate with limited funds would put.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'd be more worried about Cubans parachuting onto the local high school football field and taking over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRUZ 2016

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Says the person excusing the behavior, even though you don't think he did it.  What if it was Trump that did it this time?  Are you going to be defending Trump's actions or will you be attacking him for it?

If you see above, I stated that I don't think Cruz put this out.  It looks cheap and rushed.  Something that a candidate with limited funds would put.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Situational ethics are always good for a laugh.  Although the practitioners are sad.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CRUZ 2016

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Hey,  he is christian and forgiven.  He can do whatever he wants.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Who cares?

It's public information. Here in Wisconsin you can buy these voter lists off the GAB website.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#47]
lol only the second primary and its dirty trick after dirty trick. Going to make for an interesting election year at this rate.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Cruz slips to 5th place, Jeb in second:

With the New Hampshire primary happening tomorrow, a new Emerson College statewide survey shows Republican Donald Trump poised to win in the Granite State with 31% of likely GOP primary voters. The battle is on for second place, with the next four candidates separated by just 5 percentage points: Jeb Bush (16%), John Kasich (13%), Marco Rubio (12%) and Ted Cruz (11%). In the Democratic primary, Bernie Sanders maintains a lead over Hillary Clinton, 54% to 42%.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the goal is to get more people at the polls, so be it. I support it. We have no way of knowing how they will vote.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

With the New Hampshire primary happening tomorrow, a new Emerson College statewide survey shows Republican Donald Trump poised to win in the Granite State with 31% of likely GOP primary voters. The battle is on for second place, with the next four candidates separated by just 5 percentage points: Jeb Bush (16%), John Kasich (13%), Marco Rubio (12%) and Ted Cruz (11%). In the Democratic primary, Bernie Sanders maintains a lead over Hillary Clinton, 54% to 42%.

You Trumplodytes sure live for polls. How did that work out for you in Iowa?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top