User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought he smoked massive amounts of it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obama hates the weed. They are going to wait, build a case and then come down on the weed shops and their gun owning users like two tons of bricks.

Wait and see.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/us/banks-say-no-to-marijuana-money-legal-or-not.html?_r=1

TL:DR Banks, even state ones want nothing to do with the finances of the (il)legal drug trade.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-29/banks-financing-mexico-s-drug-cartels-admitted-in-wells-fargo-s-u-s-deal.html

Everyone knows the real money is in the cartels.

I guess knowing what you're doing is illegal makes it easier to conduct business compared to grey markets.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
since when does not enforcing the law mean it is void?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

TL:DR Banks, even state ones want nothing to do with the finances of the (il)legal drug trade.

View Quote

Yet they launder drug money on a daily basis and provide banking to illegals.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#5]

I would just like to see some fidelity to the foundational
law rather than the acceptance that it can be amended at will by judicial fiat.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Risk/reward.

Cartels have more money, are willing to pay for laundering services and aren't going to talk about it; unlike some hippy selling weed out of a quasi-legal dispensary.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would just like to see some fidelity to the foundationallaw rather than the acceptance that it can be amended at will by judicial fiat.

View Quote

The system is broken, so people try whatever they can within the existing framework.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Obama hates the weed. They are going to wait, build a case and then come down on the weed shops and their gun owning users like two tons of bricks.

Wait and see.

View Quote

I hope the Kenyan is stupid enough to do that.  It would piss a huge # of the hippies off, and cost the communists even more support here in Colorado.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He did before the conversion.

Obama and Co are not the friends of the weed smokers like they thought he would be. More weed raids on medical weed shops have taken place during his time in office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait and see.

Obama and Co are not the friends of the weed smokers like they thought he would be. More weed raids on medical weed shops have taken place during his time in office.

I think you're seeing this all wrong, Bama.  All the raids aren't because he hates teh ganja, it's because he wants to keep it all for himself and the wookie.  Legal weed = less for the white house staff.

Sorry for the hijack.  You guys carry on with your legalspeak that I don't understand...  
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
no one said it was void.  

and i'm not even saying one would win a case like this. but, it's worth a shot as MJ is a much easier sell to the court than MG (did I just write that?)  You don't have medicinal NFA (hey, that gives me another idea)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

no one said it was void.  

and i'm not even saying one would win a case like this. but, it's worth a shot as MJ is a much easier sell to the court than MG (did I just write that?)  You don't have medicinal NFA (hey, that gives me another idea)

Quit thinking... before you have an accident.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait and see.

It is not the weed he hates. He hates that states are using it as a way to say FU to the fed and fed drug laws.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

no one said it was void.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no one said it was void.  

Shooting MGs is a great source of stress relief for me personally.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no one said it was void.  

Probably more expensive though (due to the current laws regarding FA and of course demand for munitions these days).
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Internal dem polling before Nov elections will be what decides MJ's short term fate in CO.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Obama hates you using the weed without collecting the taxes. They are going to wait, build a case and then come down on the weed shops and their gun owning users like two tons of bricks.

Wait and see.

View Quote

FIFY

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
FIFY

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Obama hates you using the weed without collecting the taxes. They are going to wait, build a case and then come down on the weed shops and their gun owning users like two tons of bricks.

Wait and see.

FIFY

I want to believe that, but it's not true, either.

The man straight up hates weed. More than Bush, even.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wait and see.

View Quote

No Obama loves weed, why? Because its going to give the perfect reason to take guns away from a bunch of US citizens. Remember the end game is no guns for anyone, so that he can declare himself the next King George.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait and see.

Obama is just watching the Federal employees back.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#21]

No pot thread is actually about marihuana.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tagged. I don't understand all this lawyer-talk but I want to.
View Quote

Then take your skull full of mush and go to law school!

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I said Obama, not the dems. While free the weed brings out the dems and libs, proof in the pudding is Obama has stepped up enforcement on "legal" weed.

Stoners are haven't figured that part out yet and it shows on here when out resident stoners think Obama is proweed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait and see.

Disagree. The Dems are floating ballot measures in several states because pro-pot voters tend to vote for Dems.

But back on topic, in Colorado, they are scanning your ID if you buy recreational MJ. I wonder who is maintaining that database and where is the info going?

I said Obama, not the dems. While free the weed brings out the dems and libs, proof in the pudding is Obama has stepped up enforcement on "legal" weed.

Stoners are haven't figured that part out yet and it shows on here when out resident stoners think Obama is proweed.

I personally think these ballot measures are a one-time desperate shot for the Dems. It paid off in Colorado, but are those voters going to come back and vote Dem again now that the issue is essentially off the table? I'm guessing not unless Republicans threaten to make it illegal again.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I personally think these ballot measures are a one-time desperate shot for the Dems. It paid off in Colorado, but are those voters going to come back and vote Dem again now that the issue is essentially off the table? I'm guessing not unless Republicans threaten to make it illegal again.
View Quote

So it's a sure thing then?  Just look at the demographics of those who strongly disagree with making cannabis legal and read any of the threads about it here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So it's a sure thing then?  Just look at the demographics of those who strongly disagree with making cannabis legal and read any of the threads about it here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and I wouldn't disagree with you on that note either. They certainly don't help themselves at any rate.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/us/banks-say-no-to-marijuana-money-legal-or-not.html?_r=1

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-29/banks-financing-mexico-s-drug-cartels-admitted-in-wells-fargo-s-u-s-deal.html

Everyone knows the real money is in the cartels.

I would rather back and finance the cartels too, just because I can't stand the majority of the people involved in the Denver legal? drug trade.

Does anyone else laugh their ass off at the liberal faggots that love to spout that 0bamacare is THE LAW OF THE LAND and must be enforced are the exact ones that say the fed gov should ignore the drug laws?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  You'll see the usual bunch of old bible beaters or people who just hate the 'culture' talking about how we need to re criminalize the demon weed while there's still time to save society while using zero rational facts of logic to back up their position.  Just like Birth control and Gay issues.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

no one said it was void.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no one said it was void.  

You're going to sell MJ to a federal court?

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#31]

The state needs to start a credit union for this purpose. issue debit cards for weed purchase. remove all cash from the industry.
View Quote

Then those cards will get traded like EBT/WIC ones. Regardless of the form, money is money. Unless they tax the cards when loaded, the IRS heads will explode.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

no one said it was void.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no one said it was void.  

Therapy dog?

Therapy M-16.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 4:36:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The man straight up hates weed. More than Bush, even.

View Quote

Because coke is better!
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 5:23:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yup.  You'll see the usual bunch of old bible beaters or people who just hate the 'culture' talking about how we need to re criminalize the demon weed while there's still time to save society while using zero rational facts of logic to back up their position.  Just like Birth control and Gay issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or we read Aldous Huxley.

Take your Soma. A stoned voter is never an angry voter.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait and see.

It's almost like he's a goddamn hypocrite.

Oh wait... he IS a goddamn hypocrite.

Penn Jillette's rant on this issue covers it better than I ever could.   Google it.  Fox aired it when he made it... even though it came from his podcast which is highly atheist.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Or we read Aldous Huxley.

Take your Soma. A stoned voter is never an angry voter.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2014 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Penn Jillette's rant on this issue covers it better than I ever could.   Google it.  Fox aired it when he made it... even though it came from his podcast which is highly atheist.
View Quote

NSFW language BTW

Link Posted: 1/14/2014 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

NSFW language BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWWOJGYZYpk
A quality rant, for sure.

Link Posted: 1/14/2014 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#39]
All I can say is, less fed more state.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I would rather back and finance the cartels too, just because I can't stand the majority of the people involved in the Denver legal? drug trade.

Does anyone else laugh their ass off at the liberal faggots that love to spout that 0bamacare is THE LAW OF THE LAND and must be enforced are the exact ones that say the fed gov should ignore the drug laws?

View Quote
It's proof liberalism is a mental disorder.

They want to outlaw guns yet they've been smoking illegal dope.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We  just need to wait for the first denial of purchase or arrest. It'll be interesting if any national firearms rights group will get involved in the fray.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait and see.

Which, is why I think a timely lawsuit as a declaratory action would force their hands now, and can be used against them in other matters.

We  just need to wait for the first denial of purchase or arrest. It'll be interesting if any national firearms rights group will get involved in the fray.

Partner Chris Williams, the only marijuana provider arrested in the crackdown to go to trial, was found guilty of eight drug and weapons charges.

Montana Cannabis partner sentenced to probation

http://www.businessinsider.com/montana-medical-marijuana-federal-crackdown-2013-5

Pot advocates were running caravans, helping hundreds of residents in a day get medical marijuana user cards. Some doctors who conducted cursory exams on scores of people were fined.

"For a long time, we were hearing complaints from local law enforcement and from citizens ... that they were tired of marijuana and they were tired of it next to schools, to churches, people smoking it openly on the streets,"

In Montana, what started out as a system to provide marijuana to those with health problems turned the state into a source for drug trafficking, Cotter said. The industry had ballooned so much and so quickly that drug traffickers were operating under the guise of medicinal caregivers, and the pot was being sent to users in New Jersey, Virginia, Colorado and other states, he said.

Now, marijuana is still in Montana

http://www.cannabisnews.org/montana-medical-marijuana-industry-on-wane/2012/01/02/

He didn’t mention anyone by name but one Missoula resident, Jason Christ, became infamous for Internet “tele-clinics” and traveling “cannabis caravans” where physicians provided medical marijuana recommendations for hundreds of people in a few hours.

“I know that the people in my home community are happy that the storefronts are no longer present and the billboards are not actively promoting the product and sending messages to the youth of the community.”

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top