Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of defendants have ptsd, victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse, severe neglect, so should someone who saw horrific deaths of his comrades in battle get a pass that some poor schmoe who was cornholed by his dad while his mom held him down doesn't?

He'll get a break that the rest of us wouldn't, might dodge a felony probably won't do time or only local, he should be in rehab with the guns hung up by now if he's smart.
View Quote

Well said. I was going to respond with something similar to SEKwhatevers comments on the last page.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So he's just a reserve cop?

After all the operator face shooter macho posturing going back months? A part time cop?
View Quote

In Lake Arthur, NM population 436.
All the "reserves" i've ever met from Lake Arthur are complete fucking poser morons.
All of them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

All the "reserves" i've ever met from Lake Arthur are complete fucking poser morons.
All of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After all the operator face shooter macho posturing going back months? A part time cop?

All of them.

Pressburg is not a poser. Shooting someone unintentionally while drunk, that is moronic though
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:19:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of them.

Macho posturing?  Poser?   It's amazing what the truly uninformed will come up with.  You clearly haven't met him and think you know all about him.  You know nothing but for some reason people try to make themselves feel important by thinking they have it all figured out.  Not that any of those involved care but that is both sad and pathetic.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

All of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of them.

Lol....I can guarantee I've met more of them than you and do not share your opinion. Chuck is a good dude. I wasnt there so I will hold back making a judgement either way.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol....I can guarantee I've met more of them than you and do not share your opinion. Chuck is a good dude. I wasnt there so I will hold back making a judgement either way.
View Quote

How many reserve cops from a town of 436 people can there be?  And how are you meeting them?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How many reserve cops from a town of 436 people can there be?  And how are you meeting them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Virginia at that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if there would be this much "support" if say... Costa ND'd into someones gut?

Or what if Sonny Russian Dude shot someone with an AK by accident? Surely the industry would immediately stand behind him.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In Virginia at that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Virginia at that.

In this thread we find out who's never traveled in their lives. Lake Arthur is right up the road from Artesia, NM, home to a FLETC academy. Need someone to explain why people from across the country might know some of the reserve cops in the area?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In this thread we find out who's never traveled in their lives. Lake Arthur is right up the road from Artesia, NM, home to a FLETC academy. Need someone to explain why people from across the country might know some of the reserve cops in the area?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Virginia at that.

Yes.  I've never traveled in my life because I haven't been to the middle of nowhere NM.  

So tell me, how many reserve police officers does this town of less than 500 people have?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess it's normal, but still odd,  for the internet pack mentality to have guys acting like hair dressers discussing the latest gossip on TMZ.  

I don't know him but he has a very impressive record of service,  and has provided tons of helpful knowledge for military, police,  and civilian gun owners that has made them safer and more prepared.

Good lesson learned in that ND's can literally happen to anyone.

And that would probably be the only valuable discussion,  an AAR.   Makes me feel even better about buying a 'gadget'  for my aiwb G19
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes.  I've never traveled in my life because I haven't been to the middle of nowhere NM.  

So tell me, how many reserve police officers does this town of less than 500 people have?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Virginia at that.

Ask stupid questions and expect to get stupid answers. Why does it matter how many reserve cops this small town has? Maybe they keep the reserve LEO status for a reason. Need someone to explain what those reasons might be?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Other than the width of Saudi Arabia I've circumnavigated the globe.
I'd consider that reasonably well traveled.
I had no reason to know where the FLETC is.
I do believe your premise is flawed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ask stupid questions and expect to get stupid answers. Why does it matter how many reserve cops this small town has? Maybe they keep the reserve LEO status for a reason. Need someone to explain what those reasons might be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Virginia at that.

A police department that shouldn't exist has so many reserve officers that people here know numerous ones?  I know exactly what their reason to keep LEO status is (it's in the city's codes that reserve officers get HR-218), why such a town would want to give a bunch of guys badges is the good question.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

In this thread we find out who lives within 15 minutes of FLETC and Lake Arthur and who's visited and thinks they know everything about the area and it's "reserve police force" that is nothing more than a good ol' boys club for the acquisition of LE only firearms and equipment.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A police department that shouldn't exist has so many reserve officers that people here know numerous ones?  I know exactly what their reason to keep LEO status is (it's in the city's codes that reserve officers get HR-218), why such a town would want to give a bunch of guys badges is the good question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Virginia at that.

You nailed it. The bigger issue not being discussed is that Tier Chuck was .25 and playing with a gun. I'm sure it wasn't the first time he's been hammered and started to play with roscoe but hopefully it's the last and he gets the help he needs. He's damn luck no one was killed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

They do it so everybody in the good ol' boys reserve club can get HR218 and buy LE only toys from another member of the club via letterhead but with personal money...
At least that's how it was explained to me by a member of the club when I was offered a spot in the club (which I declined).
The whole house of cards is just one high profile fuck-up away from collapsing... oh wait.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Vickers resume can't hold a candle to Chucks. Sorry.
View Quote

Vickers is confirmed Delta during a time of low conflict, an accomplished 1911 pistol builder and world class instructor.

"Roland" is an assumed identity used on the Internet and gun rags to pimp a fancy Glock 19 because apparently  serving as a confirmed Ranger during a time of medium intensity conflict,  bonze star winner, relatively unknown instructor and part time cop, wasnt sexy enough.

Both served honorably, comparisons are stupid.

The "hate" isn't directed at the man as much as at the marketing of the Roland Special. Much the same way much of the "hate" for Vickers is directly related to printer repair and Fireclean.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wonder if there would be this much "support" if say... Costa ND'd into someones gut?

Or what if Sonny Russian Dude shot someone with an AK by accident? Surely the industry would immediately stand behind him.
View Quote

You remember the Haley ND thread? It was hilarious. Even with video evidence people were coming out with f the woodwork to defend him and many said it wasn't a ND. Right up until he released a statement that it was a ND poor bastards didn't know what to say then.

If he would have shot somebody I can't even imagine the fallout.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Vickers is confirmed Delta during a time of low conflict, an accomplished 1911 pistol builder and world class instructor.

"Roland" is an assumed identity used on the Internet and gun rags to pimp a fancy Glock 19 because apparently  serving as a confirmed Ranger during a time of medium intensity conflict,  bonze star winner, relatively unknown instructor and part time cop, wasnt sexy enough.

The "hate" isn't directed at the man as much as at the marketing of the Roland Special. Much the same way much of the "hate" for Vickers is directly related to printer repair and Fireclean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

How can you call it marketing when he isn't making a dime off of it?  Listen to the modcast about its origins, he'll he's not even the one who named it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Macho posturing?  Poser?   It's amazing what the truly uninformed will come up with.  You clearly haven't met him and think you know all about him.  You know nothing but for some reason people try to make themselves feel important by thinking they have it all figured out.  Not that any of those involved care but that is both sad and pathetic.
View Quote

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/the-guns-network/the-roland-special-glock-19/

Now imagine how different the reaction would be if that article said "a retired Army Ranger has come up with an interesting concept concealed carry handgun..." Instead of using more buzzwords than an extreme shock ammo catalog.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#23]
The surest way to be bit by a snake is learning how to be a snake handle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Maybe anyone can fuck up with a gun, but a guy who shot his buddy while he was falling down shitfaced drunk isn't exactly proof of that
View Quote

Why do you hate our soldiers?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chuck was with the Ranger Regiment, then AWG and then moved on to Delta. He has been fighting the GWOT for 15 years. From the very beginning at Roberts Ridge to just retiring on Jan 1 from SFOD. Yes, that is a hell of a lot more than Vickers has done (not taking anything away from the LAV). They were in the service in different times.

BTW... he doesn't make a dime off of the "Roland" G19.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They do it so everybody in the good ol' boys reserve club can get HR218 and buy LE only toys from another member of the club via letterhead but with personal money...
At least that's how it was explained to me by a member of the club when I was offered a spot in the club (which I declined).
The whole house of cards is just one high profile fuck-up away from collapsing... oh wait.
View Quote

The chief of that police department's Facebook profile pic is Judge Dread. Doesn't exactly scream professionalism.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The chief of that police department's Facebook profile pic is Judge Dread. Doesn't exactly scream professionalism.
View Quote

Their police station looks like one step above a mud hut.

ETA:  interestingly, City Data for the town shows zero full time police officers.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Their police station looks like one step above a mud hut.

ETA:  interestingly, City Data for the town shows zero full time police officers.
View Quote

Do a Google Maps street view tour of Lake Arthur.
The whole town is one step above a mud hut and requires zero full time and no reserve police officers.
Chaves county SO could easily handle the towns policing needs.

Another interesting deal is why they choose to have a city reserve program instead of using the New Mexico Mounted Patrol program.
Program oversight at the podunk level vs. oversight at the state level?
Things that make you go hmmmm...
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Ever seen a volunteer fire department where half the members were hose sniffers, the other half were firebugs and the one thing they all had in common was a love for flashing red lights and sirens on their personal vehicles?
Yea... the Lake Arthur police reserve program is something like that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ever seen a volunteer fire department where half the members were hose sniffers, the other half were firebugs and the one thing they all had in common was a love for flashing red lights and sirens on their personal vehicles?
Yea... the Lake Arthur police reserve program is something like that.
View Quote

Yes

Yes I have
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#31]
That's kinda hilarious and awesome,  even if part of the reason is that it's unusual.

Hopefully he is cool enough to also drive a muscle car as his personal patrol vehicle
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Good lesson learned in that ND's can literally happen to anyone.

And that would probably be the only valuable discussion,  an AAR.   Makes me feel even better about buying a 'gadget'  for my aiwb G19
View Quote

I already know a ND can happen that's why I treat guns with respect, you really trying to sell this as a learning lesson?

He almost killed a guy while drunk.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Chuck was with the Ranger Regiment, then AWG and then moved on to Delta. He has been fighting the GWOT for 15 years. From the very beginning at Roberts Ridge to just retiring on Jan 1 from SFOD. Yes, that is a hell of a lot more than Vickers has done (not taking anything away from the LAV). They were in the service in different times.

BTW... he doesn't make a dime off of the "Roland" G19.
View Quote

That all may be true. Think how different this whole discussion would have gone if they led with that.

By being vague about "Roland," knowing the G&A readership and online nut huggers would fill in the blanks with larger than life stuff, then not correcting those assumptions, they created skeptics. Those skeptics may in a sense feel validated by "Roland" doing something so stupid.  Is that fair to Mr Pressburg? Of course not. But it was the entirely predictable outcome to anyone even remotely familiar with the online gun community.

The lesson, to future members of the military trying to transition to the civilian gun culture is this. You must be brutally honest about your background and correct any misinformation posted by sycophants, no matter how well meaning. Lest you be held to the impossible standards set by such exaggeration.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The whole town is one step above a mud hut and requires zero full time and no reserve police officers.

Another interesting deal is why they choose to have a city reserve program instead of using the New Mexico Mounted Patrol program.
View Quote

Chief probably gives out badges in exchange for free training.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot the invitations to the really cool SHOT Show parties.

I imagine that in exchange for a reserve deputy position, with the privileges that carries under HR218, the reserve cops/travelling trainers teach a class nearby once a year (so the Chief can attend) and then do a "shift," which is nothing more than an armed ride-along with the Chief, followed by dinner and drinks at the Chief's house. The Chief gets some cool-guy training, gets to attend the best SHOT Show parties, and can rub elbows with his idols, both online and in real life. The cool guys get a shiny badge, some sexy, LE-only toys, and the ability to carry a loaded gun with normal capacity mags everywhere they teach, even in restrictive States such as CA or NY.

That town sounds a lot like the kind of place which would hire a Chief who'd later get fired for wanting to form a SWAT Team for the 2-man department. Just another Podunk Chief wanting to run with guys he knows about from the internet and uses his position and authority to buy his way into their good graces. But, hey, at least this Chief hasn't dove into any Baghdad ditches.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I imagine that in exchange for a reserve deputy position, with the privileges that carries under HR218, the reserve cops/travelling trainers teach a class nearby once a year (so the Chief can attend) and then do a "shift," which is nothing more than an armed ride-along with the Chief, followed by dinner and drinks at the Chief's house. The Chief gets some cool-guy training, gets to attend the best SHOT Show parties, and can rub elbows with his idols, both online and in real life. The cool guys get a shiny badge, some sexy, LE-only toys, and the ability to carry a loaded gun with normal capacity mags everywhere they teach, even in restrictive States such as CA or NY.

That town sounds a lot like the kind of place which would hire a Chief who'd later get fired for wanting to form a SWAT Team for the 2-man department. Just another Podunk Chief wanting to run with guys he knows about from the internet and uses his position and authority to buy his way into their good graces. But, hey, at least this Chief hasn't dove into any Baghdad ditches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can back up these accusations with facts, right?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll note my use of the phrase "I imagine..." That phrase implies I'm thinking out loud, spitballing ideas, rather than making statements of fact. The very beginning of that paragraph clearly states the rest is conjecture, and nothing more. But, hey, whatever it takes to help you with your idolatry of an alleged drunken, brother-in-law-shooter. As for me, I've seen enough idiots in the military to just give someone a free pass simply because they put on the same uniform I wore and went to the same places I've been. If I were to do that, I'd have to excuse SGT Cloud, a former NCO from my old unit, who, during an argument with his wife, stuck the barrel of a shotgun in her mouth, made his 3-year old son put his finger on the trigger, and threatened to make the kid kill her.

Doing stupid shit, especially with a gun, is not excused by past military service. If anything, someone with his kind of background ought to already be painfully aware that the time to pull out guns is not while shitfaced drunk. Instead of excusing his behavior because of his service, I prefer to use his military record as the reason to hold him to a higher standard. Twenty plus years in the military, especially in special operations units, should have instilled a lot more common sense into him.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted: a SWAT Team for the 2-man department.
View Quote

If you only knew how close to reality you are...
Many shenanigans going on in Lake Arthur, Dexter and Hagerman when it comes to tiny towns with way out of proportion LE reserve rosters and equipment on their books.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you only knew...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: a SWAT Team for the 2-man department.

If you only knew...

I would love to know how many reserve officers they have.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#40]
The amount of purse swinging post whores trying to make themselves relevant by
kicking a man of substance in the REAL gun community is sickening. People that
dont even shoot guns and/or even own any to begin with unless its an SKS or
Tapcoed piece of shit DPMS or maybe a ragged ass XD and pop of a few rounds
in a ditch and consider themselves experts.

Douchebaggery at its pinnacle by a bunch of no count, closet democrats that
have their collective heads stuck up their asses. If they only would open their
eyes and see the fields of broken hearted dicks that they have sown.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure if ignorance or subterfuge.  The reserve cop status has nothing to do with the Border Patrol academy being down the road.

My guess is the Chief William Norwood - who is facebook friends with a lot of P&S folks and the instructors that make the circuit - is a TIer One jock sniffer and met Pressburg on LF or P&S and offered to hook him and his buddy up with creds.  Maybe he met him at a Pat Rogers class.  I don't know.   But  I seriously doubt Pressburg went to any sort of academy.

Or maybe he's been handing out creds to former D-boys for a while and Pressburg is just one of many.

Could be either one.

Either way, Pressburg and guys like him aren't going Bum Fuck New Mexico to pull shifts as reserve cops.  The Chief is hooking them up for carry privileges and the right to buy discounted/restricted firearms.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not sure if ignorance or subterfuge.  The reserve cop status has nothing to do with the Border Patrol academy being down the road.

My guess is the Chief William Norwood - who is facebook friends with a lot of P&S folks and the instructors that make the circuit - is a TIer One jock sniffer and met Pressburg on LF or P&S and offered to hook him and his buddy up with creds.  Maybe he met him at a Pat Rogers class.  I don't know.   But  I seriously doubt Pressburg went to any sort of academy.

Or maybe he's been handing out creds to former D-boys for a while and Pressburg is just one of many.

Could be either one.

Either way, Pressburg and guys like him aren't going Bum Fuck New Mexico to pull shifts as reserve cops.  The Chief is hooking them up for carry privileges and the right to buy discounted/restricted firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be either one.

This is it exactly. I've seen this several times in small town PDs. Chief gets the cool guy by association and the reserve guys get letterhead guns and carry privileges.

Edit to add that the issue isn't Chucks BS reserve deputy status. The issue is being super drunk and then being incredibly reckless.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Didn't look like the way i had expected him to look.
View Quote

You should have seen him at the Danger Zone fundraising party at SHOT a couple of years back.... he looks totally different in his mug.

My guess is that guys like him don't keep the same look for long.

He'll come out of this ok if everything is on the up and up-and I expect it will be.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is it exactly. I've seen this several times in small town PDs. Chief gets the cool guy by association and the reserve guys get letterhead guns and carry privileges.
View Quote

So what. Who cares.

If it bothers you that much: Pack an extra Tampon
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Could be either one.

View Quote

I don't have a problem with any of that.

More people carrying the better on average.

Shooting somebody is a whole different matter, drunk or sober.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So what. Who cares.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what. Who cares.

What's your problem princess? Did you find out that your boyfriend / idol is a reckless drunk?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So what. Who cares.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what. Who cares.

Yeah.  What kind of people aren't for people using connections to government influence to do shit that is illegal for everyone else?

Given this I hope the victim sues the police department for failure to supervise and owns that shitty little town.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top