BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 83
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now that I'm back to working in DC, finances will improve.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone sent Surveyor any more money?  From talking to him, it sounds like he's pretty much paid for everything out of pocket, and I'd hate to see him take a big loss just so we can all have fun.  I'd donate more money myself, but I'm kind of short on funds at the moment.

That's what you get for working on the railroad, all the live long day.

Until you kill yourself.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, there's that.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Until you kill yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone sent Surveyor any more money?  From talking to him, it sounds like he's pretty much paid for everything out of pocket, and I'd hate to see him take a big loss just so we can all have fun.  I'd donate more money myself, but I'm kind of short on funds at the moment.

Until you kill yourself.

At least this time he's got enough sense to leave MD behind for the Fredericksburg area. Major improvement in my book.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

At least this time he's got enough sense to leave MD behind for the Fredericksburg area. Major improvement in my book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until you kill yourself.

Fredericksburg isnt even DC in my book.  Im just up the road in Stafford, and I'd  say we're  the southern edge of NoVa.

Sadly, looks like someone in my wife's  office might have suicided by gun today, so no guarantees the locale will make that big a difference.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm totally in for Cola Warrior East 2.
View Quote

I know Surveyor got your name on the list, but nobody has acknowledged this yet...

We got a long time listener, first time caller, guys!  

Not that there's anything wrong with lurking - I did it myself for a while...  but you go from lurker straight to Cola Warrior?  That takes balls.

Prepare your sphincter.  

The esophageal sphincter, obviously.  What else did you think I meant.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I know Surveyor got your name on the list, but nobody has acknowledged this yet...

Not that there's anything wrong with lurking - I did it myself for a while...  but you go from lurker straight to Cola Warrior?  That takes balls.

Prepare your sphincter.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prepare your sphincter.  

So RobSmalls is now deep-throat?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate to break up your little love fest, but are any of you fuckers in the Richmond area?  

I know for damn sure my little POS Nissan won't be able to handle much more than a gravel road, so I'd need a ride
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hate to break up your little love fest, but are any of you fuckers in the Richmond area?  

I know for damn sure my little POS Nissan won't be able to handle much more than a gravel road, so I'd need a ride
View Quote

which one is you in  your avatar?

Just want to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm in Richmond, but my BIL is coming with me, and I ain't having somebody ride bitch for 2 hours in my Ranger to Appomattox.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's all blacktop all the way to the site.  Once you get there, there should be a parking area nearby that people will be shuttling to and from.

A Mazda Miata made it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm in Richmond, but my BIL is coming with me, and I ain't having somebody ride bitch for 2 hours in my Ranger to Appomattox.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He can ride on the jumpseat in my Ranger.  Assuming he isn't taller than about 5'5".

#MidgetTruckMafia
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He can ride on the jumpseat in my Ranger.  Assuming he isn't taller than about 5'5".

#MidgetTruckMafia
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

#MidgetTruckMafia
LOL I'm figuring my gear is going to have to go back there since I'm bringing in a load of firewood, and possibly plywood.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I made it in a Miata. Well, all but the last couple of hundred feet, anyway.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been friends with TheRex for a long time, and he's been trying to get me to one of these events for a bit.  So, why the hell not?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've been friends with TheRex for a long time, and he's been trying to get me to one of these events for a bit.  So, why the hell not?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens at Cola Warrior, gets blasted all over Arfcom
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Was this before or after the lug-nut fiasco?  I'm calling shenanigans.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Exactly 2 weeks from now I expect to be sitting by a campfire, about a half pint of scotch in, and starting to believe about 7% of the lies being told around the fire.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Exactly 2 weeks from now I expect to be sitting by a campfire, about a half pint of scotch in, and starting to believe about 7% of the lies being told around the fire.
View Quote

I'll probably be balls deep in Beer/Shine/Whatever and passed out dangerously close to the fire.

ETA: Or me and my +1 will dig ourselves a hasty in the woods and fall asleep in that
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll probably be balls deep in Beer/Shine/Whatever and passed out dangerously close to the fire.

ETA: Or me and my +1 will dig ourselves a hasty in the woods and fall asleep in that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of my friends wonder why I bought a nice tent. I've been to the site overnight or more 5 times, and I've never slept in one. A ground cloth and a good sleeping bag near the fire has always suited me.

P_More, whom I've been friends with for nearly 25 years, saw me sleep in a tent for the first time this last year when we stayed on the side of the James River in the summer. Fucking Mosquitoes.

ETA I used it at CW3. Fire ants and thunderstorms and hell-fire.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/yqcdTYb8GHc

One eye...100 extra pounds...yeah. I'm still in.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

All of my friends wonder why I bought a nice tent. I've been to the site overnight or more 5 times, and I've never slept in one. A ground cloth and a good sleeping bag near the fire has always suited me.

P_More, whom I've been friends with for nearly 25 years, saw me sleep in a tent for the first time this last year when we stayed on the side of the James River in the summer. Fucking Mosquitoes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, My buddy and I each have tents. But we might either sleep by the fire or make a little hooch using a tarp and some trees.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Y'all need to find some tents like this on Craig's list ($200)

http://vid326.photobucket.com/albums/k410/m35ben/Mobile%20Uploads/20140823_114907_zpsazv6yktj.mp4

In other news the Texas cola warrior training ground is coming along nicely

from this

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a pretty ginormous tent.  If you don't bring one, and the weather gets shitty, there will be space for a few, depending on how much gear we need to stow.

Also, got the cargo carrier in and assembled last night, so the generator is definitely coming.  I also have one of those emergency jump-start batteries w/inverter that I'll keep charged, so if you really need to charge your cell phone after we kill the generator for the night, I should have you covered.  

Don't know if the caterer is still looking for a boiler/steamer setup, but I'm bringing mine, it's the same burner someone brought last year.  I'll also have a second burner setup that can be used for whatever.  I plan on using them both for breakfast, but after that if someone needs/wants to use them, they're welcome to.

Lights...I'm just going to hit up HF for some cheap-o extention cords and lights.

Folks coming into the airport, do you have rides arranged?  If not, PM me with name, flight #, and arrival time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Still in.

Been visiting my native people. But will be back late next week.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Still in.

View Quote

lets do this.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#28]
70+ people going to event.

19 people so far have donated to assist in covering costs. Out of those 19 a few of them aren't even attending.  

The event is 2 weeks off. Stop being stingy, skip lunch twice and send the man 20 bucks or so. Every little bit helps guys.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
70+ people going to event.

19 people so far have donated to assist in covering costs. Out of those 19 a few of them aren't even attending.  

The event is 2 weeks off. Stop being stingy, skip lunch twice and send the man 20 bucks or so. Every little bit helps guys.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Will donate funds when I return.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

lets do this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still in.

lets do this.

I was training hard, but the last month out here has me a little off. Now you might at least give me some competition.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#32]
An unfortunate coincidence just occurred

I applied to the FWC as a LEO and need to do my indoc stuff along with my PT test and it is this same weekend.
There is no way to go about changing the dates earlier or later, trust me I begged.

Who should I send the NV prizes to that I was planning on bringing?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was training hard, but the last month out here has me a little off. Now you might at least give me some competition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still in.

lets do this.

young bloods.

I barely sneaked a 300 yesterday.

shit gets harder.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

young bloods.

shit gets harder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still in.

lets do this.

young bloods.

shit gets harder.

I see through your pretend you're not prepared strategy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I applied to the FWC as a LEO and need to do my indoc stuff along with my PT test and it is this same weekend.
There is no way to go about changing the dates earlier or later, trust me I begged.

View Quote

Damb dude, I was looking forward to going up against You again in NV.

Prizes can be sent to Surveyor, Trojanman or Me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I see through your pretend you're not prepared strategy.
View Quote

old age and treachary will only get you so far.

Just make sure you bring cigars.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shit, everyone in my carpool has backed out.  It's me, isn't it?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, me too. Ive been working on this application for months and they sent me the indoc dates a few days ago unfortunately.
If i get picked up by them my vacation days are going to be allocated for the swamp.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry man. Ill chip in for gas still to help out.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#39]
What about the cuddle tent.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What about the cuddle tent.  
View Quote

Struggle snuggle don't need no tent
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check prices, maybe fly like KaiK.  Loaner guns a-plenty, rides to-and-from the airport available.  Gotcha covered.

Or get some Audible books and enjoy the drive.  Think how much more comfortable the drive will be if you don't have to wear pants.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Think how much more comfortable the drive will be if you don't have to wear pants.
View Quote

Who said he was going to be wearing pants anyway?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I dropped you off the list pb. Wish you could make it, but I know how that goes. You move on their schedule, or you can let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Will someone please go behind me and count the list? I've counted twice and keep coming up with 71 people on the "IN" list.

I don't have access to my spreadsheet right now so I can't be certain.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I dropped you off the list pb. Wish you could make it, but I know how that goes. You move on their schedule, or you can let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Will someone please go behind me and count the list? I've counted twice and keep coming up with 71 people on the "IN" list.

View Quote

72.  56 and 16 +s.

ETA:  And 3 names left on standby.  Convenient.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

72.  56 and 16 +s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

72.  56 and 16 +s.

Well shit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Are there any SUPPLIES we need? What are we supplying of our own?

Do we still need food?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Sylvan, have you been in contact with wag? I'm not going to take him off until he says otherwise obviously, But I messaged him 10 days ago and he still hasn't opened the message. I assume he's still dicking around out there somewhere.

Haven't heard from A-A-Ron in that time frame either.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sylvan, have you been in contact with wag? I'm not going to take him off until he says otherwise obviously, But I messaged him 10 days ago and he still hasn't opened the message. I assume he's still dicking around out there somewhere.

View Quote

I can't speak for AARon or Wag.

However I think Wag is incommunicado.

Skyshark may be able to get a message to him, however.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
I told him to come post here. He was all "I might be buying a house that weekend".

I'll ping him to let him know he needs to post or lose his spot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Are there any SUPPLIES we need? What are we supplying of our own?

Do we still need food?
View Quote

What you need to bring:
Your "A" game
Camping gear
Rifle, pistol, mags and ammo,
Eye and ear pro
Your own Sodas!

Food will be served Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, and Saturday Dinner. This is still not fully funded.

Walmart is 10-15 minutes away from the site.

We have firewood covered between two different guys bringing it and what we can dig up on site.

I believe we have 3 committed ATV's, we could use another (hell, 2 if possible.)

Maybe some shop lights for the evenings (TrojanMan and I both are bringing generators.)

Maybe some shelters. May not need them, but it would be nice if the weather turns shitty on us.

Gas in gas cans.

We really should have just about everything covered.

ETA Radios...I think b-stitch has that covered for the organizers, but you guys might want  your own to comm on site.
Page / 83
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top