Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
My oldest Remington is a 1989.
SAFE!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy a Savage...

Accurate, lower priced, and it doesn't go off when you don't want it too...
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Any of you guys have old 700's you want to get rid of, send them to me for proper disposal.

I wonder if I could get tax-exempted if I started a home for abandoned and unwanted pre-1979 700's?
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I've recently started seeing them advertise their channel, on other channels.

Tells you something.
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you pull the trigger just prior to flipping the rifle off safe?

No, what would the purpose be of pulling the trigger prior to taking it off "SAFE"??

Please keep your logic out of this, you happen to be posting on ARFCOM.  

You are correct. This was a Dan Rather story on CBS. It was a mother in Wyoming I think that killed her son.

Disregard the 1st rule of gun safety (Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction) at the risk of your life or someone elses.

Link Posted: 10/17/2010 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a very real problem.
My Remington 600 fired once at the range when I released the safety.  Finger was not on the trigger.  Sent it back to the factory; they fixed it.  (Or said they did.)
I thought they redesigned the system, but this article alleges they did not.  If the article is correct, then this is a major fiasco, like Ford and the Pinto.  If the article is incorrect, then this is shameful defamation.
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Did you pull the trigger just prior to flipping the rifle off safe?

No, what would the purpose be of pulling the trigger prior to taking it off "SAFE"??

Sometimes, if they get dirty, pulling the trigger while it's on safe will move the sear bar out from under the sear and it will go boom when it's taken off safe.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top