Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I don't own a glock and won't be buying one.
I thought they were over rated any.
View Quote
way

me too
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
who is the idiot, get a name, nail them!!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF...

If they are not gonna chance their policy, they are not getting any business from me anymore. I trusted them and thought their policy was as rugged as their guns...guess not... [:(]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's a link to tonights 60 Minutes episode which I did see.

[url]http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml[/url]

but strangely the Ballistic Fingerprint story doesn't seem to be there.

And while it's true that ANY manufacture who want to sell handguns uin MD must participate with this program, unlike Glock, most don't endorse the program.

Glock thinks it is a good idea and should go national.
View Quote

SA, my take on the big picture is CBS had the Ballistic Fingerprint story "in the can" as a filler to use when another story didn't pan out.  And what was missing that Sixty Minutes supposed to air tonite??...  The Michael Jackson segment.  No Michael Jackson = big hole in the broadcast.  They lost their headline-stealing segment.  So they pulled a story out of the dustbin and run it as filler.  Voila'... Ballistic Fingerprinting as America's next Crisis-du-Jour.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a G27 that a carry everyday and I trust my life to it.  I believe Glock makes pistols as reliable as anything out there.  I watched this program tonight also and heard the statement by Glock's VP.  To tell you the truth it tore a hole in my gut.  I didn't want to believe it but I heard it loud and clear and realize that I can no longer support Glock.  Sometimes who you thought was your best friend actually turns out to be your worst enemy.  BTW, what is the going price on a Sig Pro?  Does it come in .40 or .45?  That is a sweet pistol that could possibly be replacing my Glock soon.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The answer is simple....[size=4][red]HK[/red][/size=4] AND [size=4][blue]SIG[/blue][/size=4] !!!!

I never liked glocks, now I hate them. [puke]GLOCK
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Before everybody gets their panties in a twist we should wait and see if that guy is a VP two weeks from now. With some good old fashioned gun owner backlash they might just fire him. I don't think this is anything compared to Smith and Wesson. If you want to boycott somebody boycott them first.

PS...for all you guys saying that you want to get rid of your evil Glocks, give them to me. I will pay $200 cash for any third generation pistol, $35 for any hi-cap mag. That is a standing offer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I like my Glock 19 & 26 but the main reason I own them is because they are the only handguns that my department allows.I'd much rather carry something else.I cant believe that Rat Bastard is supporting this ballistic fingerpointing bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you honestly think that IF they fire him or give disciplinary action it wont just be smoke and mirrors to appease us? Call me I have a bridge to sell you.

Now I said boycott because I think if those who demonize S&W have a real commitment to the cause they will boycott glock as well because this is as big a stab in the back as anything S&W was ARMTWISTED into doing, and glock seems willing to go along without issue.

We will see.

Wolfpack, I dont know where you live but in most states all handguns get papered, this means NO pvt sales per say.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#14]
They need to be taught a lesson.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
.........ever heard of a private party sale? Almost every single gun I own has no yellow sheet on it...do it!
View Quote

Wolfpack
 2/9/2003 9:36:51 PM

My Ruger 10/22 came with 2 expended cartridges.....BAN RUGER!!
View Quote

Wolfpack
 2/9/2003 9:37:51 PM

My Walther P-22 came with 2 expended cartridges...BAN WALTHER!!!
View Quote

[ Edited By WOLFPACK on 2/9/2003 9:38:28 PM ]

I'm just a dumb ole country boy but these statements seem to contradict each other. I wouldn't put to much weight on WP posting.

Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#17]
That was close! I was looking at getting the compact .45. Looks like the defender will do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The answer is simple....[size=4][red]HK[/red][/size=4] AND [size=4][blue]SIG[/blue][/size=4] !!!!
View Quote

For today... What will you guys do tomorrow?

[b]Boycott 'em ALL!...that'll learn em![/b][rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Wanna blast Glock?  Go to their Glock Shooting Sports Foundation website and click the link to "Guestbook".  This is their only internet comment area for the entire company.

[url]http://www.gssfonline.com/index2.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[URL=http://www.duke.edu/~java32/60_Minutes_-_Find_The_Gun.mpg]Video Here: 60 Minutes - Find the Gun (MPEG1, 45 seconds, 5,029KB)[/URL]
View Quote

[b][size=4]Watch the video! That bastard![/size=4][/b]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I'm livid after watching that video! Ohhh, let Glock learn the lesson that was taught to S&W!

I can't wait to see what kind of spin Glock puts on this! It was pretty obvious and blatant!

No more Glock's for me pending the outcome of this fiasco.

Glock needs to fire the VP and assure us they will not sell us out like Ruger and S&W, may both these companies rot in HELL!

Gun companies need to see that U.S. gunowners are a stubborn and unforgiving lot, we would rather start handbuilding our own guns than support this kind of B.S.!!!

Repeat, I would rather handbuild my guns before I support the shit! [cuss]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Before everybody gets their panties in a twist we should wait and see if that guy is a VP two weeks from now. With some good old fashioned gun owner backlash they might just fire him. I don't think this is anything compared to Smith and Wesson. If you want to boycott somebody boycott them first.

[red]PS...for all you guys saying that you want to get rid of your evil Glocks, give them to me. I will pay $200 cash for any third generation pistol, $35 for any hi-cap mag. That is a standing offer.[/red]
View Quote

There are always those who will abandon their principles when it benefits them finacially.....assuming they have any principles to begin with.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Fat chance for that VP to be fired. I don't know what he is VP of, but as a "former prosecutor" he was hired for a politcal purpose, perhaps he is their General Legal Counsel. Glock Inc was most likely well aware in advance of his comments and approved of them, perhaps scripted them.

Glock is playing the old game of Colt/Ruger/S&W, but with a pro-gun Congress and White House, and close to ZERO chance of any new gun control laws, why is anyone's guess.

Sickening.

I always liked the grip feel of the XD, now I can finally start to enjoy it.......

Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

And if we do nothing.... then what ?? [stick]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wolfpack
 2/9/2003 9:36:51 PM

View Quote

Wolfpack
 2/9/2003 9:37:51 PM

My Walther P-22 came with 2 expended cartridges...BAN WALTHER!!!
View Quote

[ Edited By WOLFPACK on 2/9/2003 9:38:28 PM ]

View Quote

The Walther P-22 is imported by S&W, who are the ones that do the BFing. And thats no suprise from Rugar, sellouts.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[URL=http://www.duke.edu/~java32/60_Minutes_-_Find_The_Gun.mpg]Video Here: 60 Minutes - Find the Gun (MPEG1, 45 seconds, 5,029KB)[/URL]
View Quote

[b][size=4]Watch the video! That bastard![/size=4][/b]
View Quote

Makes me sick.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#27]
What makes this persons statement odd is that the polygonal rifling in Glocks makes them difficult... if not impossible, to perform a ballistics match on the bullet (yes, I'm aware that for right now that any database will be of shell casings).

In fact, IIRC, Glock started producing barrels with traditional land and groove rifling because of an incident involving several officers in a shooting. Seems that investigators couldn't determine which LEO shot a suspect because they couldn't match the bullet to any one particular officers handgun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'll make a bet that the statement is retracted.  There may be a VP looking for a new job next week also.  This won't go over well for them at all.  For Glock, the SHTF senerio is on the horizon.
View Quote
As with other retracted statements, it will just be to cover their asses.

I saw the show when I was channel surfing when there was some big wig from these anti-gun groups.  I never watch these people because they make my blood boil.  They have no facts, just emotional bullshit, distorted statistics, and outright lies.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I was out to dinner tonight with my wife.  The TV behind her was on and I saw glock firing 3 rounds through their guns and collecting the shells in small envelopes which were being cataloged.  I couldnt hear the audio but I knew exactly what was going on.  It looks like they have already started ballistic fingerprinting. I WILL NOT BUY A GLOCK!  I NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL!
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Glocks are great guns, I carry a 27 everytime I leave my house. I'm not gonna commit any crimes so why exactly do I care if they have a shell casing from my gun? If I murder someone I have more to worry about than a shell casing sitting in a fed warehouse somewhere, if my gun is ever stolen I will report it as so. IMHO the gun I carry must go [b]BOOM[/b] everytime I pull the trigger....give me my Glock which has never had a FTF or a FTE.
View Quote
That's just great.  So, it does not matter to you that you carry a gun whose maker supports the anti-gun groups.  Nice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I just watched the video...

I can't believe it!!!

Well, looks like I'll need a replacement for a few glocks I have around here.

I'm absolutely stunned.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Ahhhhhhh the beautiful XD... who's Glock?  Oh yeah... sorry... I get side-tracked when I have a large cumbersome knife stuck in my back.

Would someone kindly remove this and stick it in that VP's soul?
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Look at it from Glock's point of view. Glock is already doing ballistic fingerprinting, so what does it matter if the casings are added to a national database? Costs them nothing. And if it solves crimes, that means less gun legislation.  Too bad they did not come up with this idiot scheme instead of a AW ban or Mag ban back in 1994.

[b]BTW, every manufacturer that sells [handguns] into NY or MD does it. THAT MEANS EVERY HANDGUN MANUFACTURER. What are you going to buy now?[/b]

Now, before you flame me, I think it is the BIGGEST waste of money and effort  I have seen. Clearly, this is being put forth by those that sell the Database software, or the fingerprinting machines.
View Quote
What a bunch of crap.  It's one thing to do something because it's mandatory, it's a completely different matter when your VP endorses it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glocks are great guns, I carry a 27 everytime I leave my house. I'm not gonna commit any crimes so why exactly do I care if they have a shell casing from my gun? If I murder someone I have more to worry about than a shell casing sitting in a fed warehouse somewhere, if my gun is ever stolen I will report it as so. IMHO the gun I carry must go [b]BOOM[/b] everytime I pull the trigger....give me my Glock which has never had a FTF or a FTE.
View Quote

I guess you support Licensing and Registration, afterall you [red]probably[/red] wont be using your gun(s) in crimes, you shouldnt mind if the government keeps track of them.
View Quote

Wrong, I [b]won't[/b] be using my guns in crimes. I already have to register them with the Las Vegas Police so what's new? You can go and boycott Glock for the rest of eternity but I [b]PERSONALLY[/b] would rather have a gun that works and a shell casing in a warehouse somewhere than a gun I'm not so sure will work and no casing. Glock has been doing the shell casing thing for a year now, why are you all of a sudden upset?

View Quote

I bought a S&W way back in the day.  They pissed me off, I wont buy another.

I also purchased a Glock several years ago.  They have now pissed me off, I wont buy another.

As far as owning a gun that "goes bang" every time, Glock does [b]NOT[/b] have the market corned on that count.  

Hmmmm...It seems the time has come for an HK and a Kimber.  I can tell my wife that it's now a moral imperative.      [;)]

I wonder what the conversations going on over @ GlockTalk are like right now?
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wanna blast Glock?  Go to their Glock Shooting Sports Foundation website and click the link to "Guestbook".  This is their only internet comment area for the entire company.

[url]http://www.gssfonline.com/index2.htm[/url]
View Quote

Apparently the RAT BASTARDS don't want to see our comments, the guestbook link no longer exists.

ColtShorty©

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#36]
[:O] [:D]  [:O] [:D]  [:O] [:D]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#37]
the big issue if you listen again to the report, they specifically say "that the ballistics database will let them determine the [i][b]first owner[/i][/b]. This happens now in NY and MD. Not only are the shell casings sent to the state, [i][b]the buyers name, address and information are sent to the state[/i][/b].

For the reaction over at GT, check out [url=http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133776]GT Reaction Thread[/url]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I, too, watched that segment and was stunned to hear it. At that moment, I was wondering how many of you guys were watching it too.

I also think Wayne LaPierre needs to do a better job of presenting himself. To the undecided sheeple he just looks too stern or menacing. Can't really put my finger on it.

Never cared for Glocks anyway. Always been a Sig man.

We all need to let Glock know what we think of those statements.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess you support Licensing and Registration, afterall you [red]probably[/red] wont be using your gun(s) in crimes, you shouldnt mind if the government keeps track of them.
View Quote

Wrong, I [b]won't[/b] be using my guns in crimes. I already have to register them with the Las Vegas Police so what's new? You can go and boycott Glock for the rest of eternity but I [b]PERSONALLY[/b] would rather have a gun that works and a shell casing in a warehouse somewhere than a gun I'm not so sure will work and no casing. Glock has been doing the shell casing thing for a year now, why are you all of a sudden upset?

View Quote
We are upset that a Glock VP actually went on TV and endorsed this crap.

You keep saying that you want a gun that works.  What, a Sig doesn't work, an HK doesn't work, any number of 1911 makes don't work, Rugers don't work, Berettas don't work,..................?

Weak argument.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#40]
This is a little strange.....

I bought a new Glock 23 a month ago here IN Maryland.

There werent any shell casings and the barrel was unfired.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You guys are doing a lot of talking [b]here[/b], I don't see anyone posting emails that they sent to Glock...why? Another thing...ever heard of a private party sale? Almost every single gun I own has no yellow sheet on it...do it!
View Quote
Are you Glockaholics so enamored with Glock that it overrides a little thing called PRINCIPLES?????????
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#42]
The guys over at GT are seriously pissed.

This is going to be a nightmare for Glock.  Glock owners for the most part are fanatically loyal about their guns and the company just crapped in its messkit big time on this one.

I had been on the fence about Glock's in general.  This tears it.  Not a snowballs chance in hell of any of their products ending up in my collection.

Guess they really don’t give a damn about Joe-Sixpack, just the cops and feds.  Oh well, let’s see how well they survive on just that income since I have a feeling that’s all they’re going to get from now on.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's one thing to do something that is mandated, it's completely different to publicly state your support for it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Bye Bye G19.  

It's a great carry gun.  What do I replace it with?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Pffft

Another manufacturer shitlisted! Oh well, Sigs and HKs are better guns anyway.

I haven't bought a Ruger since 1990. It has been about that long since I bought a Smith or a Colt.
View Quote
What did Ruger do, in detail?
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Shit, I woulda thought by now ther would be some steals on Glocks in the EE. [>:/]
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Get typing or writing...

GLOCK Inc. USA, Canada
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA

Tell these assholes we mean business, and that business goes elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Yes, I am pissed on glocktalk!  DigDugAR15!
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Who cares? As long as your not a criminal or intend on becoming one then why worry about it? What will happen if ALL firearm manufacturers follow Glocks lead? Will everyone stop buying firearms?
Link Posted: 2/9/2003 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Who cares? As long as your not a criminal or intend on becoming one then why worry about it? What will happen if ALL firearm manufacturers follow Glocks lead? Will everyone stop buying firearms?
View Quote

Hello troll!

All firearms manufacturers won't go along with this because they don't want to go out of business.  Do a little reading on a company called Smith and Wesson.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top