Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Stupid man. Could be he had been in before and just couldn"t stand any more ass rape. Doctors can sew you ass hole up, but shit to draw on two officers. Mental fuck up or just crazy. Anyway one more space avalible in the jail. If he was local money will be made from funeral home to cemetery.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sure it wasn't a Viridian X5L Gen 2? It has more of a Diamond shape flood like in the 2nd video and strobe with green laser.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty good advertising for Streamlight's TLR-2 G too. Laser picks up well through the strobe

Yes, need one

Sure it wasn't a Viridian X5L Gen 2? It has more of a Diamond shape flood like in the 2nd video and strobe with green laser.

You may be right. There's more space between the light and frame than TLRs have.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like they would train to use the taser weak side so they dont mix up their kit.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My only problem with that is the female didn't start shooting UNTIL the guy was going down. It's a good shoot, but she needs more training and especially should recognize when the threat is down.
View Quote

She just had some more training. I will not second guess the police in this situation. Too many armchairs in this thread that are able to critique an event that went from hot to finished in right around two seconds.

Glad they came out of it ok.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
That's not a good shoot. That's a great one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Incredibly Suicidal Stupid suspect...........stole maybe $20 worth of beer from walmart then pulls a fake gun on the Police Officers forcing BOTH of them to shoot him.  

The Police DID THE RIGHT THING.....sadly they will deal with killing another human for their lifetime.

Damn stupid shame.

Glad the Police Officers, and innocent public inside the restaurant were safe.  

My Thanks and Respect to these Police Officers
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Family says he dindu nuffin', turning his life around. Dude must have been drunk or high or something. That's like suicide by cop.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn, he got uber-deaded.

He looked drunk when he drew, he very easily could have shot her.
View Quote

BB gun. dude deaded himself on purpose.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Poor training recruiting.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Find it odd that she went for her taser first while calling out gun to her partner, then dropped it to shoot him while he was on the ground.  But whatevs, good shoot, keep up the good work
Poor training recruiting.  

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]
So... do the jews get blamed for killing another palestinian?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
that. was. AWESOME.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow dude was quick .
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Why'd they have to shoot him, why not pepper spray or a good tazering?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Way to stay muddy, my friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't want to be caught dead at Applebee's.

Way to stay muddy, my friend.

EhL-Oh-EhL.  Well played gentlemen.

Also, justified shoot.  

Anyone know the caliber/model of the Glocks? It's ARFCOM, I have to ask..

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Why'd they have to shoot him, why not pepper spray or a good tazering?
View Quote
Not sure if serious.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Another tier 1 female cop late to the party and late to use force.  I'm sure she made herself the center of attention after this.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

Female drew the tazer as it looked like they were going hands on for a split second. Gun Gun Gun. Ditch the tazer and shoot a motherfucker.

The officers did the best job you could hope for. I had a toy gun pulled on me. You don't have the luxury of identifying it at that second. Suicide by cop.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Big props to the male officer's draw speed on that. Based on the laser his accuracy looked pretty good, too.
View Quote

First round looks premature, high and to the left, but I could be wrong. Regardless, he did a hell of a job.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Another tier 1 female cop late to the party and late to use force.  I'm sure she made herself the center of attention after this.
View Quote

Really? She did a pretty good job considering the situation.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#23]
All the anti female comments here crack me up.
Which officer made contact with a theft suspect and didn't pat him down? Which officer had the suspect behind him for about 70% of the contact? Which officer observed a knife and instead of securing it pushed it a couple of inches away leaving it and exposing the knife to the suspect?  Which officer thought the suspect was going to run/fight and drew a taser and then transitioned to firearm? Which officer gave a warning (gun) dropped taser, drew/fired weapon and clear radio traffic? Which officer yanked/shoved the suspect giving both officers chance to draw?

The female officer was on the support side of the BG's draw, and was most likely drawing her taser in reference to his actions. She did transitioned to her pistol after seeing the BG's pistol and yelling gun. Her actions show how the brain works and her transition to pistol was decent under stressful circumstances.

I hate MMQB these officers but the most mistakes shown in this video were not made by the female officer.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Which officer made contact with a theft suspect and didn't pat him down? Which officer had the suspect behind him for about 70% of the contact? Which officer observed a knife and instead of securing it pushed it a couple of inches away leaving it and exposing the knife to the suspect?  Which officer thought the suspect was going to run/fight and drew a taser and then transitioned to firearm? Which officer gave a warning (gun) dropped taser, drew/fired weapon and clear radio traffic? Which officer yanked/shoved the suspect giving both officers chance to draw?

The female officer was on the support side of the BG's draw, and was most likely drawing her taser in reference to his actions. She did transitioned to her pistol after seeing the BG's pistol and yelling gun. Her actions show how the brain works and her transition to pistol was decent under stressful circumstances.

I hate MMQB these officers but the most mistakes shown in this video were not made by the female officer.

View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Excellent point, especially about the pat down.

Also, the female officer's cam is an excellent example of the OODA Loop.  She ditches the taser and draws, but doesn't get her 3-4 shots off until after the suspect is on the ground.  Her trigger finger was reacting to the gun in his hand when he was a threat.  As I said, I think they both did a good job, especially since she was playing catch up with the threat.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Also, the female officer's cam is an excellent example of the OODA Loop.  She ditches the taser and draws, but doesn't get her 3-4 shots off until after the suspect is on the ground.  Her trigger finger was reacting to the gun in his hand when he was a threat.  As I said, I think they both did a good job, especially since she was playing catch up with the threat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup,  they both did very well.
This video shows the importance of controlling your suspect on initial contact and how quickly things can turn ugly when you don't.
I was impressed how calm and how clear the female cops radio traffic was immediately after the shoot. She is far from a rookie.
The posters bashing her have shown just how clueless they are.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#27]
In Before Troubleshooter or Ballista
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Apparently, it was a BB gun.

Police later determined the weapon was a BB gun designed to look like a 9 mm handgun, leaving unanswered questions about why Bushey drew the firearm in the first place.

READ MORE: Officer-involved shooting victim's brother: 'He was trying to turn his life around' ...at 47 years old.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Apparently, it was a BB gun.

Police later determined the weapon was a BB gun designed to look like a 9 mm handgun, leaving unanswered questions about why Bushey drew the firearm in the first place.

READ MORE: Officer-involved shooting victim's brother: 'He was trying to turn his life around' ...at 47 years old.

well, according to the same article,
Bushey's brother, Jeff Bushey, said there were few warning signs that his brother would be involved in this type of altercation. James moved in with Jeff about six months ago from New Hampshire. Jeff Bushey said James had gone through a divorce and was struggling to get back on his feet.

Another victim of divorce court system?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Dumbass.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Good job.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.  

Shit happened at the speed of life.  At no time did she appear to freeze or go all deer in the headlights.  Nor did she seem to display any done-this-a-million-times apathy.  Her commands before the shoot and after were controlling and calm.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#32]
So, did they taze his fat, quivering ass after they killed the shit out of him? Because that would have made it perfect.

#whitelivesdon'tmatter
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#33]
LOL from her angle it kind of looks like she shot him in the dick while he was on his back.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#34]

stupid fuck, was he trying suicide by cop?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Good shoot.

When do the whites riot over this?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#36]
In before the "She could have just beat him to death with one of her big flabby arms" crew.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I know right, couldn't they have just shot him in the arm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But, but, he didn't even point it at them...

I know right, couldn't they have just shot him in the arm?

Shoot the gun out of his hands..........

I mean every cop can do that right?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I counted 12 rounds fired.
Libs will claim excessive use of force.  
They say nobody needs more than 10.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Great officer safety... if you notice at 1:13 guy cop moves silverware out of reach of passing perp. The small stuff like that keeps you alive.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My only problem with that is the female didn't start shooting UNTIL the guy was going down. It's a good shoot, but she needs more training and especially should recognize when the threat is down.
View Quote

I was going to criticize her but after watching the guys bodycam, I support her shooting as well.

Perp looked like he was about to scuffle/run and about to need the tazer, she was tracking until he pulled a gun. Good transition and recovery.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#41]
the amount of shots fired and the part where's he's already got 15 bullets in him and she fires 3 more while he's on the ground was a tad bit excessive to me, but adrenaline i guess.

looks like suicide by cop to me though, i certainly wouldn't have pulled a bb gun on cops unless i wanted to die. he could have just made a run for it if he were feeling ballsy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#42]
GJ on those officers. Glad they made it home safe
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was just about to post that about the taser. Agreed on all points.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Palestine PD uses 40 S&W if that's of any interest here.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Find it odd that she went for her taser first while calling out gun to her partner, then dropped it to shoot him while he was on the ground.  But whatevs, good shoot, keep up the good work
View Quote

there is a view from her camera too on liveleak. She gets rounds on target before he is on the ground.

J-
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#46]
guy coulda put someones eye out
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The primary shooter's view:

https://youtu.be/0V9AOsWQzpc
View Quote

Well, that's one way to wipe that smirk off that dirtbag's face
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of this, plus she did not freeze. If you watch her camera she actually initially lunges at the gun in an attempt to secure it. You put a gun in my face, actually have had it happen,at that distance we are more likely to fight over the gun than for me to take the extra half second to draw. BG already had the drop on em.

J-
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not enough facts. Will wait until video comes out. Will wait until facts come out at trial.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I hope the female officer gets a talking to about pulling her taser first.
View Quote

I think she already had it out?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top