Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know why anyone supported her at any point.

Add this to the long list of retarded shit she says.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait- I take it all back, this isn't an empty campaign promise after all.

This is actually a very clever tactic she's using, for when gas prices plummet because she's completely tanked the economy. Because at that point, at least she can claim she kept her campaign promise to lower gas prices.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is one of the most biased articles I've read this month.
Her polices would tend to reduce gas prices. It would have been better to not give a dollar amount.

Oh, is that what it is. Gotcha.

You mean like borrowing money from hostile regimes to finance the global American military adventure and the continued failed war of social nuttiness? Yeah, that will strengthen the dollar.

She's a dummy. I told ya.

I have no idea what you are blabbering about. And neither do you, it looks like.

Bachmann would not continue the Fed spending and thus the borrowing from China. The wars are negligible compared to social spending. As usual, you focus on "THE WARS OMFG!!!!" rather than the real spending problems we have.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]
This is entirely doable.
Start by returning to a strong dollar policy.
Open drilling and gas  exploration.
Widen the use of nuclear reactors. Provide permits for new ones and create insurance markets to reduce risk.
Use the petroleum reserve to break speculative trades. Flood the market at inopportune times to disrupt trade. Announce this as a policy.
Begin to break opec. Leave the gulf to care for itself. Withdraw military support form nation states that don't provide reduced costs on oil.

Yeah, we could totally do this.  Since it is an already manipulated market space, the Austrian in me won't be too upset.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If she could introduce fiscal policies which strengthen the dollar while the EU implodes I could see it. I doubt she could get enough oil out of the ground fast enough to drop the price that much.

If she introduced policies to deflate the dollar enough to make gas cost $2 it'd be like driving a spike into the base of our economy's skull. If you want to see EVERYBODY out of work, and 100% default rates on loans, you just go looking for deflation.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, that is a tricky statement, but what if she can successfully open up the ability to drill all over the US where it is now currently prohibitive?

The price of oil is a world wide problem, OPEC would just lower their production temporarily keeping the prices high and running us dry.  

You remember what the cost of gas was when obama was immaculated? it was less than $2

Not around here. I bought my truck before he was president and remember crunching the gas numbers before buying because it was at $3.50 a gallon.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#7]
It is a $1.49 move. There are a variety of actions that can be done by government to facilitate a $1.49 drop in price.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Her polices would tend to reduce gas prices. It would have been better to not give a dollar amount.

You mean like borrowing money from hostile regimes to finance the global American military adventure and the continued failed war of social nuttiness? Yeah, that will strengthen the dollar.

I have no idea what you are blabbering about. And neither do you, it looks like.

Bachmann would not continue the Fed spending and thus the borrowing from China. The wars are negligible compared to social spending. As usual, you focus on "THE WARS OMFG!!!!" rather than the real spending problems we have.

Fair enough. I should have possibly been more specific.

Afghan-Iraq-WOD-SS-Medicaid/Medicare. The half dozen back breakers-documented time and again.

Is Bachmann serious about winding down any of these gorillas? That's what I thought.

And congrats on your new child
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
if you don't know, the price of oil has more to do the strength/weakness of the dollar than anything else.

Right.  She could drop the price of oil like a rock by destroying the economy.  I hope she has other plans.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is actually a very clever tactic she's using, for when gas prices plummet because she's completely tanked the economy. Because at that point, at least she can claim she kept her campaign promise to lower gas prices.

No what it really is is desperation as Perry moves to the front. It's nothing new. Mitt for brains is beginning to lash out. If Perry can keep his cool, not act like an inbred and keep his mouth shut socially speaking, it's a done deal.

Perry's statement on leaving abortion to the states was encouraging.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't believe any president could do that.  That's a dumb promise.  But I guess after "I'll close gitmo" and "I'll stop the war" it's open season on promising things you can't deliver.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#13]
She's digging her own grave...

If the wannabe republican nominees would just SHUT THE FUCK UP and stick to facts instead of shooting their mouths off about stupid shit they might have a chance, but I suppose that's too much to ask.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I like her, but she needs to double check her calendar with regards to birthdays and funerals.  

Also, I'll vote for her if she gets the nod.  Ron Paul and Ross Perot are in the same boat: good ideas but bad delivery.  Both have the charisma of a dead goat.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's ok fellas, there's a new sheriff in town........and his name is Rick Perry. Shepherd Smith has given the green light to shred Bachmann. You don't have to shill for her any longer.

I thought Perry was a governor?     I hope Paul Ryan gets in the race to end this Perry suckfest

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

How much would gas cost with new refineries allowed to be built, less EPA nonsense, and no government tax on it?

$3.50 cents a gallon, because you'll fucking pay it.

Bachmann's crazy eyes are making more sense, btw.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Somewhere, Sarah Palin is smiling because (finally) someone else is setting off the stupid-o-meter... sigh.

Palin, Bachmann, and Paul should get together and host a retard-a-thon.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fair enough. I should have possibly been more specific.

Afghan-Iraq-WOD-SS-Medicaid/Medicare. The half dozen back breakers-documented time and again.

Is Bachmann serious about winding down any of these gorillas? That's what I thought.

And congrats on your new child

Thank you.

And if I had reason to believe that Bachmann was not serious about reducing .gov spending my support of her would disappear.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No what it really is is desperation as Perry moves to the front. It's nothing new. Mitt for brains is beginning to lash out. If Perry can keep his cool, not act like an inbred and keep his mouth shut socially speaking, it's a done deal.

Apparently Perry is talking about not believing in evolution and such.  It's like they can't help it or something.  There is no need to bring up evolution in a Presidential campaign.  None whatsoever.  To bring it up is stupid.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pols really do have to think before they speak in today's age of 'everything is recorded and put on youtube immediately'.
This R primary is going to be the most heated since 1980, because the real election will be the R primary.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This R primary is going to be the most heated since 1980, because the real election will be the R primary.

I hope so.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#22]
How is she going to do that? Congress gave the banks (collectively the FED) the job of printing and handling money supply. Until that stops, we have control of dick.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#23]
If she's elected, that will come back to bite her.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

40 years ago, OP went to church. He went in late, sat in the back close to the door with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. After the closing prayer, he waked to the drinking fountain, took a sip of water, scowled around the lobby, then exited the church. As he sat in his car he mumbled, "Damn Christians, no one even so much as said hi to me!"

And he's been bashing believers on Arfcom ever since.

Yep.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Apparently Perry is talking about not believing in evolution and such.  It's like they can't help it or something.  There is no need to bring up evolution in a Presidential campaign.  None whatsoever.  To bring it up is stupid.

... If being an Evangelical leads you to bash homos, fine. If being an Evangelical leads you to outlaw abortion, fine. BUT COME ON- If being Evangelical leads you to believe that Creationism/ID should be taught in school and not understand the facts behind evolution, WTF????

Seriously, this hardline "I'm Christian and my preacher told me evolution is crock" b.s. is such a turnoff for voters like me... Even when the economy is the #1 issue, seeing a candidate who doesn't believe in evolution is equivalent to seeing a caveman run for POTUS.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
40 years ago, OP went to church. He went in late, sat in the back close to the door with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. After the closing prayer, he waked to the drinking fountain, took a sip of water, scowled around the lobby, then exited the church. As he sat in his car he mumbled, "Damn Christians, no one even so much as said hi to me!"

And he's been bashing believers on Arfcom ever since.

Yep.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't believe it will ever happen and I wouldn't vote for her in the primary just to find out. If she was in the general election against Obama, she would probably get my vote, though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yes, that is a tricky statement, but what if she can successfully open up the ability to drill all over the US where it is now currently prohibitive?

Sure POTUS could unravel a lot of red tape for drilling and IMO almost as important for the cost of energy, get us building nuke power plants. But the communist tree huggers will still have lawyers and will tie that shit up in court for years no matter who is in the whitehouse.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... If being an Evangelical leads you to bash homos, fine. If being an Evangelical leads you to outlaw abortion, fine. BUT COME ON- If being Evangelical leads you to believe that Creationism/ID should be taught in school and not understand the facts behind evolution, WTF????

Seriously, this hardline "I'm Christian and my preacher told me evolution is crock" b.s. is such a turnoff for voters like me... Even when the economy is the #1 issue, seeing a candidate who doesn't believe in evolution is equivalent to seeing a caveman run for POTUS.

Yeah, it's stupid, but if he has enough sense to listen to his advisors it shouldn't really matter.

Bush didn't either, but he had the sense to listen to his science advisor who did.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Pols really do have to think before they speak in today's age of 'everything is recorded and put on youtube immediately'.

This is where we agree 100%

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's poor Southern Strategy to get the Evangelical-Dixie vote.It may very well work in the primary but if he keeps this up, Obama doesn't even have to show up to the debates.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Best strategy any dem can take is to keep their  mouth shut and wait for the GOP to self-destruct. Works every time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's almost like they want Obama to stay in power.  I sure hope you're mistaken about the whole anti-evolution stupidity.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

She should eat another corn dog.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/18/news/economy/bachmann_gas_prices/?iref=NS1
"Under President Bachmann you will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon again," Bachmann told a crowd Tuesday in South Carolina. "That will happen."

Sure, politicians promise all kinds of things on the campaign trail. But Bachmann, a leading contender for the 2012 Republican nomination, is wading into truly tricky territory.

The price Americans pay at the pump is tied to the crude oil market –– a global system largely beyond the reach of Washington.
The price of oil has a lot to do with monetary policy from the fed which is also tied in to Washington spending.  Additionally it is also tied in to how much domestic drilling and refining we do.

Bringing back a strong dollar policy along with  allowing unfettered drilling and refining would bring back gasoline and diesel to historic norms.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I'll put pop and candy machines in the lunch room and 30 minute longer recess!!!!!

I allways feel like everything candidates say is the same as what kids would say when running for president of an elementary school. Promise everything and deliver nothing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
...pop...

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Happy B-day Elvis!!!

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Defund the EPA and start issuing permits

Yup.  It can be done.  Easily?  Probably not.

Considering the EPA and the Brown Clown's troops are defying a federal judges over drilling permits I can imagine a new President could bring the EPA into line simply by turning the personnel obstructing the court order over to the judge and telling them to get their own lawyers. The message would received and fairly quickly, if not the President could apppoint a new EPA head who would rain pinkslips like Jack Welch.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

De-funding the EPA is not only a bad idea, but it is a colossally bad idea.

Many of you are too young to remember:

Do you really want companies like 3M to dump toxins into our rivers? Do the people down stream from industrial plants deserve to get cancer, birth defects, and leukemia?

Do you want to live in a housing development that was built on the sight of a chemical dump? Love Canal

Do you want to live in a town like Woburn Massachusetts where a company poisoned the wells by illegal dumping?

When I was a kid in the early 70's we were told not to swim in the Mississippi because you would get a rash.

Just like the St. Louis river up by Duluth, there were pollutants and raw sewage being dumped directly into the waterways.

Do you think rich f––ckers that own large corporations care if you and your family get sick?

If the EPA was gone you would see even more health issues than we do now.

rant off.

Exactly. People like to blame the EPA as the easy scape-goat. When in fact it is extremely important.

I've never understood why so many people support the idea of shared risk for individual gain...

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'll put pop and candy machines in the lunch room and 30 minute longer recess!!!!!

I allways feel like everything candidates say is the same as what kids would say when running for president of an elementary school. Promise everything and deliver nothing.

Student government elections were the first thing I thought of too.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's almost like they want Obama to stay in power.  I sure hope you're mistaken about the whole anti-evolution stupidity.

There's a thread about it around here somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've read and heard "experts" claim that if we were self reliant on our own resources, and increased the refining process, it's entirely likely we could have gas at $2.00 and lower, even with the increased state taxes imposed on gas.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
De-funding the EPA is not only a bad idea, but it is a colossally bad idea.

Many of you are too young to remember:

Do you really want companies like 3M to dump toxins into our rivers? Do the people down stream from industrial plants deserve to get cancer, birth defects, and leukemia?

Do you want to live in a housing development that was built on the sight of a chemical dump? Love Canal

Do you want to live in a town like Woburn Massachusetts where a company poisoned the wells by illegal dumping?

When I was a kid in the early 70's we were told not to swim in the Mississippi because you would get a rash.

Just like the St. Louis river up by Duluth, there were pollutants and raw sewage being dumped directly into the waterways.

Do you think rich f––ckers that own large corporations care if you and your family get sick?

If the EPA was gone you would see even more health issues than we do now.

rant off.

I am all for not only defunding the EPA, but eliminating it outright.  The EPA goes way too far and is a way to regulate many aspects of our lives.  Where there are legitimate isses, like public dumping or other directly harmful and egregious acts, it is something the individual States are perfectly capable of taking care of if they so choose.  All the little regulations and the like should just be gone at any elvel of government.  I do not want the government regulating most aspects of my life.  That is the opposite of having a free country and small government.  Actions that cause direct harm to others and the public have been something that laws have always addressed to some degree in every free polity.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh.  Maybe the democrats are right... republican candidates are, in fact, fucking morons.  Question is, is stupid better than evil?
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Empty promises and campaign rhetoric.

Washington can't exert enough influence on OPEC to lower crude prices; starting domestic drilling won't see any effects on gas prices until 4+ years down the road.

Bachmann needs to retake macro-economics.

Maybe she has a plan.  IMO the US could blow up OPEC any time it wanted to.  We use approx. 25% of the world's crude.  Unless China/India want to fill their swimming pools with it, that gives the US a pretty big stick assuming Canada would go along with it.

We could do a 55 MPH on Fed highways (which means people in Texas would drive 65 MPH instead of 75 MPH, before you get all huffy), and cut consumption 5%.  Then pick off the OPEC states one by one.  Set up open bidding available to any who want to play fair.  Sudden death to any who are caught price fixing.  Probably VZ would be first.  Eliminate tax on domestic crude to the refiners (sort of an inverse tarrif).
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Plan to reduce gas prices.

1. STOP PRINTING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Slap the EPA like a street corner whore that wouldn't give Ray Ray his money. (make them puke up OSD permits, ANWR exploration permits)

3. Eliminate Federal Gas Taxes

4. Stop borrowing money for BS programs

Would that get us back to sub $2 a gallon, probably not but it would be nice if someone made a run at it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh.  Maybe the democrats are right... republican candidates are, in fact, fucking morons.  Question is, is stupid better than evil?

People who would make great candidates tend not to run for elections of any sort except maybe some local stuff.  At times I find it hard to blame them for such a decision.  Our political system as it is currently designed gives the advantage to the worst, not the best.  That tends to happen when your form of government is, as Aristotle states, the rule of the worst part of the people for their own benefit.

While he's hardly perfect, right now I'm still supporting Johnson.  He is by far better on the issues and regarding his record than any candidate currently running and he is quite far to the Right; he also has an elective history of winning elections in which most voters were Democrats, despite being a staunch Rightist.  Naturally, he is largely being ignored by the media and polling agencies while persons not even running are paid attention to in relation to the primary race.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

It is a $1.49 move. There are a variety of actions that can be done by government to facilitate a $1.49 drop in price.

That's true, and she won't set any of it in motion. Not that it matters, she's not going to be president.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Another lying whore (pimped by the big money puppetmasters) who will tell you anything to get you to get in bed with her.  It is not just Bachmann, it is every politician who sells the constitutional freedoms of American citizens for any price.  If Americans are so shallow as to believe $2 a gallon gas will solve their problems they are delusional.
Page / 5
Top Top