BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It really would have a massive impact of repeat offenders. Mexicans are not that stupid the only reason why they keep coming back is because the laws are so lax. Its just like NFA laws, if we break them for posessing an illegal MG we can get 10 yrs in prison plus a $250k fine. Very strict law and not too many break them per year. The only way to turn off the spigot with illegals is to first put a strict law on the books then work on the border issue.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
when caught you get an AUTOMATIC 5 YEAR FEDERAL PRISON SENTENCE.

Who is paying for this incarceration? You and Bill O'Reilly? .

Me? http://i.imgur.com/rmdSx.gif

It really would have a massive impact of repeat offenders. Mexicans are not that stupid the only reason why they keep coming back is because the laws are so lax. Its just like NFA laws, if we break them for posessing an illegal MG we can get 10 yrs in prison plus a $250k fine. Very strict law and not too many break them per year. The only way to turn off the spigot with illegals is to first put a strict law on the books then work on the border issue.

NAILED IT!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So we will be housing 1/3 of Mexico's  population in our prisons?  There has got to be a better way.
View Quote

Yes there is:

Hell half the Mexicans crossing the border would have a better life in a US prison.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

NAILED IT!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NAILED IT!!!

Nailed what? The NFA works because it targets law abiding citizens. You think criminal give a shit about the NFA?  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Off topic but why did this piece of shit murder this young woman?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gov would never pass that.

Illegals depress wages, drive up welfare costs, increase crime rates.

Its a triple play of good things for gov.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That fuckstick will actually thing he's God, and demand that we openly worship him if this happens.

Gov would never pass that.

Illegals depress wages, drive up welfare costs, increase crime rates.

Its a triple play of good things for gov.

I know, I just felt like bashing O'Reilly :)

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nailed what? The NFA works because it targets law abiding citizens. You think criminal give a shit about the NFA?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NAILED IT!!!

DETERRENCE BRO...its called deterrence...make the penalty stiff enough and they obey...we do...now many NFA violations  a year by criminals or law abiding...right now we have ZERO DETERRENCE... by and large most illegals with the exception of crossing the border illegally are legit, fairly honest people...stop the horde then concentrate of the criminals...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I know we can hire out the foreign nationals prison needs to the Honduran government.   We can pay Honduras to run prisons for Mexicans.   Or we could make it part of a Haiti jobs package and do it there.  I'm sure the Mexicans would just love their hosts.  Mexico is pretty serious on their immigration enforcement.  if we were half as strict as Mexico we wouldn't have this problem.

ETA-  What did I hear the other night,  27% of our prison population in the country already are foreign nationals, mostly Mexico and the like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we will be housing 1/3 of Mexico's  population in our prisons?  There has got to be a better way.

I know we can hire out the foreign nationals prison needs to the Honduran government.   We can pay Honduras to run prisons for Mexicans.   Or we could make it part of a Haiti jobs package and do it there.  I'm sure the Mexicans would just love their hosts.  Mexico is pretty serious on their immigration enforcement.  if we were half as strict as Mexico we wouldn't have this problem.

ETA-  What did I hear the other night,  27% of our prison population in the country already are foreign nationals, mostly Mexico and the like.

You, sir, are a genius.  I know just the place to do it, too.  Honduras has some islands off its coast that aren't getting much use.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
They should return all the violent illegals to Mexico......from an aircraft @ 30,000 feet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I was reading an article about Israel's walls.  Construction of their walls greatly reduced the number of suicide bombers, as well as illegal laborers.

Also, who says we have to deport these illegals to northern Mexico (where they could just hook up with a coyote and come over again?)  Why not south, south Mexico, to make it harder and more expensive for them to try crossing again?  Also, many are Central Americans who say they are Mexican so they can have an easier time of re-crossing?  

They say, "I am from Mexico."  We should say, "No, you don't even speak with a Mexican accent or can sing the Mexican national anthem. We think you are from Nicaragua.  That's where your plane is going.  Buh-by."
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

DETERRENCE BRO...its called deterrence...make the penalty stiff enough and they obey...we do...now many NFA violations  a year by criminals or law abiding...right now we have ZERO DETERRENCE... by and large most illegals with the exception of crossing the border illegally are legit, fairly honest people...stop the horde then concentrate of the criminals...
View Quote

So you're going to take a guy who was living in a shack with a dirt floor, no electricity, no running water, barely any food, no job and very little hope, and you're going to house him in a climate controlled facilty with utilities, cable TV, exercise equipment, and free meals, where they can learn a criminal trade from the Mexican gangs, and you're going to call that deterrence?

You better go see a headshrinker, so maybe he can talk you back from fantasyland into the real world.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Putting illegal alien repeat offenders in prison would be very expensive.

When caught, why not hit them in the knee with a sledge hammer and then return them to their country of origin?

No one dies.

Cost is minimal.

Likelihood of them making it across the border again is significantly reduced.

Problem solved!

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Needs more trebuchet.

ETA:  The most effective solution is not a fence, it's targeting those that employ illegals.  A big fine, and criminal charges for repeat offenders, for each one employed by an individual or company would kill the incentive for most of them to come to the US.  Don't throw the Mexicans in jail, scare the shit out of the Americans that give them a reason to come.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#13]
How about the ENOUGH Law.  We have laws about illegal immigration, murder and everything else already.  What we need are people who enforce them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Labor camps would be required to offset the cost of housing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Prison time will not stop the influx.  

The only thing that will stop it is giving a 5yr mandatory federal prison sentence to THE PEOPLE WHO HIRE ILLEGALS.

THEN, and only  then will you see illegal immigration stop on a dime.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They should return all the violent illegals to Mexico......from an aircraft @ 30,000 feet.
View Quote

IMO a trebuchet would be a more cost effective and entertaining solution. Imagine the revenue from a monthly Pay Per View and a YouTube channel.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#17]
How about when someone murders someone else, we murder the one that's still alive.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Saw the talking points last night. He destroyed SF, congress and the Obama administration.   You better believe the politicians saw it too and are talking about it.   Trump will probably be all over it.

I hope this gains traction.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Take away any benefits and they will stop coming(Not able to buy property or vehicles,get welfare or section 8,or social security) and prison time. You could actually have prsisons

built and run by GEO and CCA to house them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

When caught, why not hit them in the knee with a sledge hammer and then return them to their country of origin?

No one dies.

Cost is minimal.

Problem solved!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.qnjts6dNrqsKY3fVxNYvAA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0
View Quote
Your post gives me an idea.  TV screens along the border playing Miley Cyrus videos non stop.  Even the bravest of men would be turned back.

Much cheaper than building a wall and paying guards.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The only thing that will stop it is giving a 5yr mandatory federal prison sentence to THE PEOPLE WHO HIRE ILLEGALS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enough of that common sense crap.  Next thing you'll do is suggest the politicians actually fix the joke of an immigration/visa system.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sort of penalty only works on someone with something to lose - like you.  The gangbangers don't give two shits about the NFA - they will saw off a shotgun without a second thought.  

What we need are frightful penalties for EMPLOYING THEM.   Business crippling fines for repeat offenders - make all employers thing twice about that crew they have.  And ATF style & level heartless enforcement to back it up - seize the landscaper's truck & trailer, fine him 250k etc.  Stake out every roofing & concrete company.

That will have an effect.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe have a bunch of rednecks sit there waiting to do some target practice when they step foot on American soil. That would deter them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Stopping the flow of money to the south will also help.

Did you ever wonder what the hard working ones do with the money?  The live like rats, 2 or 3 men, one woman with an anchor baby (with EBT WIC etc.) while the men work two jobs for cash - or use your SSN for a year at the local concrete place...

So where does the money go?  Straight to the Western Union office.  From there to Mexico.  Shut that shit down and watch the fun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your post gives me an idea.  TV screens cameras and CIWS along the border playing Miley Cyrus videos non stop. broadcasting via pay-per-view.
Even the bravest of men would be turned back turned to red mush.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one dies.

Cost is minimal.

Problem solved!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.qnjts6dNrqsKY3fVxNYvAA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0
Your post gives me an idea.  TV screens cameras and CIWS along the border playing Miley Cyrus videos non stop. broadcasting via pay-per-view.
Even the bravest of men would be turned back turned to red mush.

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Off topic but why did this piece of shit murder this young woman?
View Quote

because he could.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hahahahaha.  Where you gonna get the money to house them?   Not just federally, but locally?  Where's the local money coming from? Who's going to get the illegals from the local jails?  So not thought out.
View Quote

House them in barracks like we did in WW2. Locate them in cold, inhospitable areas (northern states) and make it as uncomfortable as possible for them. None of this tropical retreat Gitmo crap. There will still be a cost for this, but I'm willing to pay an few extra bucks for it. And it won't take too many letters back home to their homies about the prison conditions before they decide the conditions may not be so bad in Mexico.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bill O'Reilly introduced on his show last night a campaign he is starting...his staff is going to shame congress into action on illegal immigration...he is going to do his level best to have KATES LAW enacted, he has had other victim laws passed this way on a state and local level......this law is named after Kate Steinle murdered in San Francisco by a 5 time deported illegal immigrant felon...heres how it works

Come across the border illegally and get arrested you automatically get DEPORTED...cross the border illegally again and when caught you get an AUTOMATIC 5 YEAR FEDERAL PRISON SENTENCE. The law should be simple, one-two pages would do it...

O'Reilly is pressuring Boehner and McConnel into sponsoring and passing legislation and putting it on Obamas desk...this would force Obama to veto a wildly popular law protecting our nations borders, our sovereignty and our citizenry from illegals committing crimes...

I encourage everyone here to contact their Representatives and Senators and DEMAND they cosponsor and pass this legislation without delay...when you call some will not know what your talking about...inform them...tell them you are holding them accountable...Feel free to post updates here on your congressmans reactions and comments and those who support this effort...

View Quote

The only issue I have about putting them in prison for 5 years is that someone (taxpayers) have to pay to house and feed this POS. Bill Mexico to take care of him. Or maybe load him up in a plane and deliver him back...... From 10,000 feet
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like it!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hahahahaha.  Where you gonna get the money to house them?   Not just federally, but locally?  Where's the local money coming from? Who's going to get the illegals from the local jails?  So not thought out.
View Quote

huge razor wire surrounded camp.... live in tents.... have them grow / harvest vegetables for the prison system, to help offset their time in jail.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I like it!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bill O'Reilly introduced on his show last night a campaign he is starting...his staff is going to shame congress into action on illegal immigration...he is going to do his level best to have KATES LAW enacted, he has had other victim laws passed this way on a state and local level......this law is named after Kate Steinle murdered in San Francisco by a 5 time deported illegal immigrant felon...heres how it works

Come across the border illegally and get arrested you automatically get DEPORTED...cross the border illegally again and when caught you get an AUTOMATIC 5 YEAR FEDERAL PRISON SENTENCE. The law should be simple, one-two pages would do it...

O'Reilly is pressuring Boehner and McConnel into sponsoring and passing legislation and putting it on Obamas desk...this would force Obama to veto a wildly popular law protecting our nations borders, our sovereignty and our citizenry from illegals committing crimes...

I encourage everyone here to contact their Representatives and Senators and DEMAND they cosponsor and pass this legislation without delay...when you call some will not know what your talking about...inform them...tell them you are holding them accountable...Feel free to post updates here on your congressmans reactions and comments and those who support this effort...

View Quote

What does he mean by "automatically deported?"  A person should have a hearing to ensure they are not a citizen or legal alien before being deported.  I've had a relative arrested because they thought he was an illegal alien and he was able to win at his hearing and avoid deportation (he was here legally).  It sure as hell should not be "automatic" in the sense that anyone arrested on suspicion of being an illegal is shipped out right away.  That would make for a stupid, unjust, and probably unconstitutional law.

And why the hell should we be housing a bunch of illegals?  Prisons are already overcrowded as they are, and all of that costs a lot of money.  Ship 'em out and send them far enough to make it harder for them to quickly turn around and cross again.  If there are aggravating circumstances, or a lot of repeat offenses (such as in this case), then sure, some prison time may well be in order.  But for a single repeat offence on something ordinarily a misdemeanour? I don't see the benefit here, and there are clear downsides which the benefits would need to outweigh.  You can't base laws and policies entirely upon a single incident.

I also hate it when people try to play on emotions by creating victim laws and naming them after victims, as if you don't care about the victim if you don't support their law.  Often they are overreactions or poor, quick solutions to real problems, and can result in a number of issues or even, in some cases, outright injustices, but are made easier to pass just by having the victim's name.  Often, a victim's name attached to a piece of legislation is an indicator that part or all of the law is bad or flawed.

And if Bill O'Reilly supports something, it definitely merits examination before I'd even consider supporting it.  The man is centre-Right at best, which carries a number of negative connotations with it, and rightfully so.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Secure the border.

Fortify it and properly patrol it.  Hell, civilian volunteers if properly deputized and trained could provide hundreds of man hours each year at no expense to supplement the government effort.

To imprison people for 5 years would require the cost of arrest, detainment, court proceedings, appeals, imprisonment, building more prisons to house them, hiring more federal corrections officers with legacy costs, and the cost of deportation. Not to mention that all of that is done AFTER they've been arrested and have had an opportunity to cause damage to the nation.

Keep them out in the first place and I'm not saying that none will ever make it through, but you'll have far fewer and at that point you can put in place tougher laws to take care of the few that do make it across. True, a small number would always slip through the cracks, but those are likely the harmless folks that wouldn't be a problem for our society.

View Quote
Then invade and conquer Tierra del Fuego in Argentina just to piss them off, and all deportees get dropped off there for a 4500 mile trip back up.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How about the ENOUGH Law.  We have laws about illegal immigration, murder and everything else already.  What we need are people who enforce them.
View Quote

No, AZ tried to pass a law to give the state the ability to enforce existing laws. Yes, a law to allow them to enforce existing laws. They got sued by Eric Holder and Obama's justice department for even trying.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Fact: If you've been convicted of a DUI in the States you will not be let in to Canada

Fact: If you've been convicted of assault you will not be let in to Canada.

Why can't we do thst?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Good and make it retroactive like the latenburg law
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Naming laws after victims is shitty and the very definition of knee-jerk reactionary bullshit, the kind of things our legislative branch was designed not to do.

We already have fucking laws on the books for this, we just need to enforce what we have.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Better still, come here illegally and commit a felony, get the rope.  <- I like this

View Quote

I'm ok with that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Labor camps would be required to offset the cost of housing.
View Quote

sounds like a plan
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
This. Making illegal immigration double-extra super illegal doesn't change the fact that the democrat regime is failing to faithfully execute the law. The solution to the problem is to replace that regime with a government that will faithfully execute the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

More laws will not fix the problem.

This. Making illegal immigration double-extra super illegal doesn't change the fact that the democrat regime is failing to faithfully execute the law. The solution to the problem is to replace that regime with a government that will faithfully execute the law.
The problem is the President is keeping the states from enforcing laws

This will be a good go around to his agenda
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Needs more trebuchet.

ETA:  The most effective solution is not a fence, it's targeting those that employ illegals.  A big fine, and criminal charges for repeat offenders, for each one employed by an individual or company would kill the incentive for most of them to come to the US.  Don't throw the Mexicans in jail, scare the shit out of the Americans that give them a reason to come.

View Quote

Digging through this thread for this post.  Every time somebody says "hurr durr build a wall" I want drink bleach.  Why in the blue fuck do people think illegals come here?
1.  Welfare benefits.  Thanks California.
2.  Jobs
That's it.  Cut off the tap, they'll disappear like a fart in the wind.  They will deport themselves!  Legalize MJ on top of that and you'll remove 90% of any incentive for drug mules/ gangbangers to stick around, either.

Businesses are also MUCH easier to find and regulate than half off-the-grid illegals, so enforcement becomes much simpler.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

... if Bill O'Reilly supports something, it definitely merits examination before I'd even consider supporting it. ...
View Quote

This is worth repeating.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Needs more trebuchet.

View Quote

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!   A week in jail for every illegal alien you hire, plus costs of incarceration, plus fines.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I like the idea, only make it five years hard labor.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Stopping the flow of money to the south will also help.

Did you ever wonder what the hard working ones do with the money?  The live like rats, 2 or 3 men, one woman with an anchor baby (with EBT WIC etc.) while the men work two jobs for cash - or use your SSN for a year at the local concrete place...

So where does the money go?  Straight to the Western Union office.  From there to Mexico.  Shut that shit down and watch the fun.
View Quote

20 years ago, I helped arrest an illegal from Honduras in Salt Lake City. Pioneer Park's little open air drug market.  While searching him, in addition to the usual half dozen little plastic bindles of heroin, I found he was wearing two pairs of pants, one over the other. Strange, but basically the second pair was his safe and wallet. He had over a dozen Western Union receipts from the previous 6 weeks. Turns out he was from a village not far from where I was stationed.

El Salvador has 1/4 of its population in the U.S.  Collectively, the 2 million of them send home around $20 billion, and there are entire towns where nobody works because they wait around for remittance checks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!   A week in jail for every illegal alien you hire, plus costs of incarceration, plus fines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs more trebuchet.

Would it matter to you if the illegal was hired based on the illegal's fraud?  Would it matter if HR for a company did the hiring and the owner wasn't focused on those details?  Would intent to break the law matter at all?  I could see a lot of injustices if the answer was no to any of these questions.

The problem with going after employers is and always will be the fact that the methods needed for that sort of enforcement are illiberal and can even be rather totalitarian, much like our tax enforcement and the war on drugs, and that you will encounter cases where there was not an intent by the owner to hire illegals.  It's a short-term solution at best, and a dangerous one from the perspective of any true liberal.

No one simple law or approach is going to solve this issue.  It's too massive and complicated for that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top