BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So.... You're gonna throw it down the driveway?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even though Fallout 4 will be great, stop pre-ordering games this late out from release.

It's going to be a broken mess at launch (just like Fallout 3, probably ), and we're all going to love every single minute of it, but those who make broken games at launch will never learn not to do so if we give them a billion dollars for a game that is 6 months away from launch.

The collector's edition Pip Boy isn't even modeled correctly.

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Pip.jpg

It is for the one in FO4. I'm buying it to display and then see how guys over at the replica props forum modify it to look a little more worn. I've always liked movie,TV and game props so this is a nice addition and that capsule for it is an even nicer addition.

FO4 in game PipBoy
http://mgnews.ru/video/image563x309/13820/Fallout-4-video-5.jpg

FO4 PipBoy edition
http://www.gamepur.com/files/images/2014/fallout4-pipboy-device-real.jpeg

I'm thinking that Boston vaults might have smaller, rounded and more advanced PipBoys due to The institute.

yep im already thinking of making it a bit more worn looking, although they look pretty clean in that screenshot

i mean, a nuclear blast wave would have tossed one down a driveway, somewhere, probably. could mimic it after that one
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:39:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Am I on the right track in FO3? I'm a level10, working on the third chapter in Moira's mission. Trying to head to rivet city.
View Quote

Side quests are good ways to build up for the main quest.  Just make sure you do everything she asks, including optional stuff.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:55:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even though Fallout 4 will be great, stop pre-ordering games this late out from release.

It's going to be a broken mess at launch (just like Fallout 3, probably ), and we're all going to love every single minute of it, but those who make broken games at launch will never learn not to do so if we give them a billion dollars for a game that is 6 months away from launch.

The collector's edition Pip Boy isn't even modeled correctly.

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Pip.jpg

It is for the one in FO4. I'm buying it to display and then see how guys over at the replica props forum modify it to look a little more worn. I've always liked movie,TV and game props so this is a nice addition and that capsule for it is an even nicer addition.

FO4 in game PipBoy
http://mgnews.ru/video/image563x309/13820/Fallout-4-video-5.jpg

FO4 PipBoy edition
http://www.gamepur.com/files/images/2014/fallout4-pipboy-device-real.jpeg

I'm thinking that Boston vaults might have smaller, rounded and more advanced PipBoys due to The institute.

yep im already thinking of making it a bit more worn looking, although they look pretty clean in that screenshot

Lol, There's better ways to "weather" props.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm not using it to play either. I'll download the app to see what it does exactly, but the PipBoy is for display and I'll most likely be modifying it. I'm into replica props so different strokes and all that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are fans that make pip boys that hold your phone with 3D printers, some are amazing quality. Much better than the flimsy toy the special pre order shit is coming with.

Also this is one thing I love about being an adult. If I want to spend a few hundred bucks on stupid shit, not only is the money there, no one will tell me no.

Those either have molded in knobs and dials that do nothing with no space for electronics or have the cutouts for everything but are in the white, no electronics, no hardware, etc. If any of the RP forum guys buy the PipBoy edition there will be plenty of members there modifying them. I'm sure there will be scans of it so they can 3D print them as well, but they'll still just be the basic shell.
All are different, some are basic and others aren't.  

Either way I'm not playing with one of those hanging on my arm, and if I don't have to use the phone for the game I won't.

It's all novelty.

I'm not using it to play either. I'll download the app to see what it does exactly, but the PipBoy is for display and I'll most likely be modifying it. I'm into replica props so different strokes and all that.
Same, I'm just sayin if there isn't any Pip Boy editions around when I'm ready to buy something like that, I got better options.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:44:02 AM EDT
[#5]
So I upgraded to the Ultimate Edition on PS3... What a buggy piece of shit! I had 3 freezes and a random reboot in 2 hours.

I'll be going back to vanilla NV I guess.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I upgraded to the Ultimate Edition on PS3... What a buggy piece of shit! I had 3 freezes and a random reboot in 2 hours.

View Quote

Oh yeah, theres a lot of holding your breath while waiting for a load screen, very frequent saves (if it freezes and you have to reboot it'll corrupt the save, which is awesome to see pop up on the screen)  After playing on both the 360  & Ps3 the 360 version was definitely a bit more stable.  It was the same way with Skyrim.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys, just got my form 1 approved, thought I'd show off a bit

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, theres a lot of holding your breath while waiting for a load screen, very frequent saves (if it freezes and you have to reboot it'll corrupt the save, which is awesome to see pop up on the screen)  After playing on both the 360  & Ps3 the 360 version was definitely a bit more stable.  It was the same way with Skyrim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to try deleting all game data and reinstalling since I installed it over vanilla NV. Also I read turning off auto save helps greatly. If that doesn't work I've got a week to get a full refund. I just hope FO4 is better and the PS4 version isn't just a shitty port like the ps3 games were from Beth.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp201/copperhead035/Guns/IMG_20150617_232042_zpsiivbrezn.jpg

View Quote

Badass! I've been wanting to do Brotherhood of steel themed rifle for awhile now!
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp201/copperhead035/Guns/IMG_20150617_232042_zpsiivbrezn.jpg

View Quote

Fuck the brotherhood
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Badass! I've been wanting to do Brotherhood of steel themed rifle for awhile now!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Right now it's just kind of slapped together with spare parts. Not sure how it'll end up
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck the Brotherhood! NCR for life!
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Cali lol. You're just jealous of my functional mag release
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and running water...
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
and running water...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and running water...

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

and running water...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and running water...

We'll have Hoover soon enough.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I kept the NCR and Brotherhood in good graces until I had the power to make the wasteland mine.

I let the Brotherhood stay in my wasteland because they are cool cats.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and running water...

Do you have a B-29?

Cause I've got a B-29

And a robot army.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I kept the NCR and Brotherhood in good graces until I had the power to make the wasteland mine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I waltzed into their base and killed them all with a 5.56mm Service Rifle with AP rounds. Their energy weapons and lasers were no match for my good ole AR-15.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you have a B-29?

Cause I've got a B-29

And a robot army.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and running water...

Do you have a B-29?

Cause I've got a B-29

And a robot army.

We have The Boomers.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We have The Boomers.
View Quote

You know, I have a feeling we played similarly, but after I made everyone promises to help them I told them to get the fuck out of the Mojave cause it was mine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You know, I have a feeling we played similarly, but after I made everyone promises to help them I told them to get the fuck out of the Mojave cause it was mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have The Boomers.

I made good on my promises. The Boomers were fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#23]
This game will make me finally get a ps4.

Saw some guy sent Bethesda 11.2 lbs of bottlecaps in hopes of a preorder

https://games.yahoo.com/news/fan-tries-preorder-fallout-4-043700825.html
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have The Boomers.

I kept The Boomers around, they be good people.

When they bombed the dam at the end of the game I literally yelled fuck yeah. It was an awesome moment.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

When they bombed the dam at the end of the game I literally yelled fuck yeah. It was an awesome moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have The Boomers.

Same here. Dirt napping Ceasar's Legion guys with an M1 Garand, AR-15, 1911, and .44 Magnum at the dam, and then going and clearing out Ceasar's Legion's camp, then executing Ceasar himself with a 1911 was a pretty great moment too.

(I have all the DLC.)
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Fallout shelter is a great time waster.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Man, I just learned what assholes the Brotherhood are in NV.  I decided to let Veronica go back to the Elder with the data from Vault 22, and four of the assholes ambushed us and tried to kill us when we were leaving the bunker.    

The worst part is, I can't wear the damn armor that I took off their bodies, after my trusty Anti-Materiel rifle was done with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, I just learned what assholes the Brotherhood are in NV.  I decided to let Veronica go back to the Elder with the data from Vault 22, and four of the assholes ambushed us and tried to kill us when we were leaving the bunker.    

The worst part is, I can't wear the damn armor that I took off their bodies, after my trusty Anti-Materiel rifle was done with them.

Yeah, they're a bunch of dicks. Plus... you stick a fucking explosive on my neck? You best never take it off. Brotherhood learned the hard way what happens when you do.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most of the comments on Reddit are calling him out for drinking "hard cider" and only for inking .879 beers a day.  

Lightweights deserve nothing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Trying to scoop CounselofDave on fallout news is futile. Motherfucker has a direct telepathic link to their PR department or some shit.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Most of the comments on Reddit are calling him out for drinking "hard cider" and only for inking .879 beers a day.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh, or perhaps he found the last remaining bottlecap press?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You mean like Battlefield 4 did 2 years ago?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a hunk of plastic. I don't know why people are getting so emotional and upset about the collectors edition. In some places people say they are in tears and devastated because a few neckbeards are hoarding them

Yeah, I don't get it either. The lunchbox or bobblehead was cooler, if I was the type of person to display such stuff, but most likely those would have ended up in the trash a long time ago. The pipboy looks cheap and it doesn't even work, it just holds a phone.

On the other hand, the ability to use your phone or mobile device as a second accessory screen is a cool and innovative feature. That I am excited about.

You mean like Battlefield 4 did 2 years ago?

I don't know, probably haven't played a game in 2 years. I'm an old school gamer and most of the games made these days have zero appeal to me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Most of that sounds ok, but this:

"V.A.T.S. has received some slight overhauls. It no longer completely pauses the action, and critical shots are no longer random. If you look at the videos, you'll notice a "critical" bar on the bottom of the screen that the player fills. Once it is fully filled you can decide when to use it. Your luck skill determines how fast the bar increases, and there are perks that dig into how criticals work and how you use them."

Lame.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I tend to side with Mr. House. There was an option in the game to let you convince House to keep the BOS around, but the game devs left it out.

Out on the Nexus there's a mod that re enables that option if you want to keep them around, which I always do.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

and running water...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and running water...

I would think Texans would be tired of running water by now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Haters gonna hate.  FO4 still looks awesome.  It won't be perfect, but it'll be damn good.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's where I'm at right now. Lvl 13 or something. Just started working on the Utah Dlc. Digging' the 1911.

Playing blackjack with a character that has LUCK - 9 is basically theft. Lol.

Side note, playing on PC and with the YUP patch couple other bug fixes and some graphics mods, been rock solid. One crash in over 24 hours of gaming.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

No! The House technocracy must reign supreme! Only under his watchful eyes can New Vegas truly achieve its former glory.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I tend to side with Mr. House. There was an option in the game to let you convince House to keep the BOS around, but the game devs left it out.
Out on the Nexus there's a mod that re enables that option if you want to keep them around, which I always do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like House, really do, he seems like a swell guy.

I just like being in charge more.

I also wiped out the raiders and the Khans.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
"V.A.T.S. has received some slight overhauls. It no longer completely pauses the action, and critical shots are no longer random. If you look at the videos, you'll notice a "critical" bar on the bottom of the screen that the player fills. Once it is fully filled you can decide when to use it. Your luck skill determines how fast the bar increases, and there are perks that dig into how criticals work and how you use them."
Lame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lame.

Yup.

Quoted:

Trying
to scoop CounselofDave on fallout news is futile. Motherfucker has a
direct telepathic link to their PR department or some shit.

Nothing that awesome, my Facebook is flooded with Fallout shit, and it's the only reason I even have a Twitter account... so I see a lot of stuff posted, and if it's not here I'll post it for the guys who have more of a life than me.

Quoted:

Haters gonna hate.  FO4 still looks awesome.  It won't be perfect, but it'll be damn good.  

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lpQvoHDEkrs/hqdefault.jpg

TOTALLY not hating, I'm still personally excited as shit, and will enjoy every second of it.  There are just some things I wish were either done differently, or left alone due to tradition (skills, dice rolls, etc).

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I preferred House being in charge - then he has all the headaches of running New Vegas, while I run around rogering hookers in Gomorrah and cheating at blackjack with my 10 Luck. It's like being a post-apocalyptic trust fund baby!

Besides, chicks dig it when you take them to the Lucky 38.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yup.

Nothing that awesome, my Facebook is flooded with Fallout shit, and it's the only reason I even have a Twitter account... so I see a lot of stuff posted, and if it's not here I'll post it for the guys who have more of a life than me.

TOTALLY not hating, I'm still personally excited as shit, and will enjoy every second of it.  There are just some things I wish were either done differently, or left alone due to tradition (skills, dice rolls, etc).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lame.

Yup.

Quoted:

Trying to scoop CounselofDave on fallout news is futile. Motherfucker has a direct telepathic link to their PR department or some shit.

Quoted:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lpQvoHDEkrs/hqdefault.jpg

I just wish it was less console friendly.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I just wish it was less console friendly.

View Quote

Doesn't bother me much.  I own both PC and XBox copies of 3 and NV anyway, and tend to play on both.

I'll probably do the same for 4.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I preferred House being in charge - then he has all the headaches of running New Vegas, while I run around rogering hookers in Gomorrah and cheating at blackjack with my 10 Luck. It's like being a post-apocalyptic trust fund baby!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually kill House but I'm thinking about siding with him on my current game. My character makes a pretty good living as a prospector and hired gun. He regularly bangs that Sarah chick down at vault 21 for the "well rested" bonus and keeps a separate ammo fort inside of Bradley's Shack. I could see him letting House run vegas while he spends his retirement gambling and hunting deathclaws.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:29:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I usually kill House but I'm thinking about siding with him on my current game. My character makes a pretty good living as a prospector and hired gun. He regularly bangs that Sarah chick down at vault 21 for the "well rested" bonus and keeps a separate ammo fort inside of Bradley's Shack. I could see him letting House run vegas while he spends his retirement gambling and hunting deathclaws.
View Quote

While House is a pompous ass, he does reward a reliable employee. Worth a try.

I rarely go Legion, as I find them far too untrustworthy. NCR is somewhat okay, despite the unreliability of Chief Hanlon. House is the best bet, IMO. Making New Vegas a sort of Switzerland is quite appealing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:39:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
Cause her Vault runs "Deep and Wide, It's full of corridors and rooms that go far" right ,

When I have played the only quest I have never finished were Veronica, Arcade, Ultra Luxe, & Gomorrah because I usually find them buggy & broken since I've only ever played 3 & NV on

console. I usually book it straight to Zion or take the long way around to get a few more levels killing pretty much everything in sight.

Then once in Zion I kit up with all the Survivalist kit plus Daniels hat and authority glasses when shit isn't hitting the fan then continue the story as normal.

Once I get bored or at the end of the story without doing the dam I collect the helmets of fiends and deathclaw hands that I kill.

I use the various "shacks" as safe houses with Wolfhorn Ranch being my main base since there is a few crops, rad water, plus a

fire place and bighorners for meat just over the ridge and the deserted farm for more maize a hop and skip away.

The shacks are merely places dump loot, Victors shack & Fields' Shack and the brotherhood bunker(sierra madre) are the only ones that I remember from the last run I had stuff stashed at.

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top