BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
BooHoo.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Can someone please insert the jerk off banana just to make me lol, I like that little bastard and don't know how to make it work
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

More like someone's interpretation of such considering our past.  We wouldn't have this kind of idiocy otherwise.  Now waiting too long is cruel and unusual.  Before long, life sentences will be cruel and unusual.  Three cheers for your evolving Constitution.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This should be SOP.

If only it weren't for that pesky constitution.

More like someone's interpretation of such considering our past.  We wouldn't have this kind of idiocy otherwise.  Now waiting too long is cruel and unusual.  Before long, life sentences will be cruel and unusual.  Three cheers for your evolving Constitution.

It doesn't really take interpretation to figure out that torturing someone to death is cruel.

I never said anything about an evolving constitution

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Lead is cheap and effective.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It doesn't really take interpretation to figure out that torturing someone to death is cruel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This should be SOP.

If only it weren't for that pesky constitution.

Might have been cruel but not unusual; been going on for centuries.
To be constitutionally banned it has to be both; otherwise the word 'or' would have been used instead of 'and'.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We have to kill people compassionately and make sure they enjoy their death experience.

Only the .gov can fuck up killing people this bad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know a lot will disagree with me, but execution should be done swiftly and with little mess or fuss. It is the only way to keep enough people on the side that agrees with it to keep it a viable option for sentencing.

Get all gung ho about it, and public opinion will shift. We should be campaigning for a new, faster, and more effective drug for lethal injections to combat those seeking to end them altogether because of several high profile instances like this.

No, fuck that shit.  The reason why we're having this predicament right now is because of all the do-gooders hemming and hawwing about the most "humane" method of execution.  How the fuck do these idiots even know what is "humane?"  Have they even been executed before?

We keep adding all these complicated processes to something that shouldn't be complicated, and then wonder why the hell things are going wrong.  It's pure idiocy.

You're killing somebody, it's not that fucking hard.  Lop off their head, shoot them in the dome piece, who gives a fuck, just stop making it complicated.  Why not come up with a way to immediately penetrate or sever the brain stem?  Shouldn't be too complicated and won't involve drugs which different people can react differently to.

We have to kill people compassionately and make sure they enjoy their death experience.

Only the .gov can fuck up killing people this bad.

What I don't understand is how we've gotten the whole "animal euthanization" thing down pat.  100's if not 1000's of animals are put down everyday.  I don't hear too many stories of those things going awry.  How the hell can a veterinarian in a small office figure this out yet .fed gov can't?

It is sheer fucking idiocy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Rehearsing for pay-per-view, maybe?  No one wants to pay $60 to watch a first round knockout...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Me either.
But if you have to do lethal injection why not use the stuff the vet uses to euthanize an animal?
That stuff works instantly and the animal passes quickly and painlessly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really don't get this shit.
Why the fuck can't we just put them against a wall, and shoot them? What the fuck is so wrong with that? It's fast, it's cheap, and it works.
I don't get it.

Me either.
But if you have to do lethal injection why not use the stuff the vet uses to euthanize an animal?

I've never understood why this isn't a viable option.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They can't get whatever the newer stuff is any more.  

Edit and now these states that have executions that take forever and have people screaming for hours are going to get told by federal courts to stop executions using these methods. Messing up an execution is just asking for the Feds to step in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So why the sudden change with the old drugs they used to use?
They can't get whatever the newer stuff is any more.  

Edit and now these states that have executions that take forever and have people screaming for hours are going to get told by federal courts to stop executions using these methods. Messing up an execution is just asking for the Feds to step in.

5 minutes, a cheese wire, and an automatic winch. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the fuck can't we just put them against a wall, and shoot them? What the fuck is so wrong with that? It's fast, it's cheap, and it works.
I don't get it.

Me either.

Probably some bullshit rule about not approved for human use or something. Kind of like sterilizing the injection area and using sterile needs and IV lines, we are executing the bastards infection and tetnus aren't a big concern.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad he suffered.

All death row fuckers should suffer.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]

+1 on guillotine. Fast, sure death, which takes less time than ANY other system.

The "advances" in execution technology have made it 'cleaner' for the observers, not for the inmate.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Did he die in the end?  Then it wasn't a "botched" execution.

cnn did 15 minutes on this story today, not once did they mention what the guy did to deserve the death penalty.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't get it.
View Quote

Faggot judges.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#18]
How about one of those nail guns they use on cattle?  Applied to the base of the skull so the NOK can still have open coffin funeral.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I know a lot will disagree with me, but execution should be done swiftly and with little mess or fuss. It is the only way to keep enough people on the side that agrees with it to keep it a viable option for sentencing.

Get all gung ho about it, and public opinion will shift. We should be campaigning for a new, faster, and more effective drug for lethal injections to combat those seeking to end them altogether because of several high profile instances like this.
View Quote

We have several, and they don't require injection.
Helium. Nitrogen. Neon. Most any gas that is not oxygen EXCEPT for carbon dioxide will do. Put the convict into a pure, non-oxygen environment and after a few seconds he'll simply stop breathing.
CO2 triggers the gasping, breathing reflex. It is CO2 that causes the intense discomfort of "drowning," that makes you gasp after exerting yourself. If you aren't breathing oxygen, you aren't producing CO2; you stop breathing. There's a reflexive action that resembles drowning toward the end but the patient is unconscious by then.
Ever get "high" while huffing helium to make your voice squeaky? That's what's going on. Do this often enough and you must force yourself to breathe.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Why not come up with a way to immediately penetrate or sever the brain stem?
View Quote

We have it. It's called "a bullet to the back of the head." Properly administered, it severs the brain stem.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Meh...   Good gasp.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it.

Me either.

Heck, a large air bubble injected into each carotid artery should do the trick.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Meh
It wasn't botched...the end result just took a little longer (sometimes its hard to put down evil)

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Who, in their right mind, believes someone that has done something to somebody else (maybe several other people) so terrible that they get the death penalty should be treated humanely.

They don't treat others with mercy or care about the pain and suffering they caused.  They probably enjoyed causing that pain/suffering.  

So why should they (or anyone else not directly involved) be assured of no pain/suffering when they leave this world.

It's called "JUSTICE" for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Stated goal was to kill the guy. Guy died. Sounds like a sucess story to me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:01:32 AM EDT
[#26]

As long as the needle was clean.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#27]
The "cruel and unusual" standard ought to be set by reference to the killer's own regard for the victims.

2 hours to die?

So sorry, but this killer let two people bleed out and die after being shot.

No sympathy here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#28]
We need a mechanical means of execution.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Who, in their right mind, believes someone that has done something to somebody else (maybe several other people) so terrible that they get the death penalty should be treated humanely.

They don't treat others with mercy or care about the pain and suffering they caused.  They probably enjoyed causing that pain/suffering.  

So why should they (or anyone else not directly involved) be assured of no pain/suffering when they leave this world.

View Quote

[DEVIL'S ADVOCATE] It's bad enough that the State should stoop to the level of a murderer, and kill a convicted criminal; to cause him pain and suffering (an act which is forbidden by the Constitution, by the way) is another step down the slippery slope to barbarism.

Killing any person in a cruel manner is not justified. The state has a duty to enforce justice; but pandering to a desire to see someone suffer, no matter how much he seemly deserves to suffer, is wrong.

It's bad enough that the bleating hearts are so loud. We don't need to add fuel to their arguments by causing needless pain to the convicted. "Justice" was not in the heart of the murderer; cruelty and mayhem were there. Justice must be at the heart of the justice system.[/DEVIL'S ADVOCATE]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:57:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:22:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We have it. It's called "a bullet to the back of the head." Properly administered, it severs the brain stem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Why not come up with a way to immediately penetrate or sever the brain stem?

Nah, we have to economize this stuff! Think of the taxpayer. We must do to execution what Henry Ford did with the automobile, economy of scale! I'm thinking steam catapult. If it can get an F18 off the flight deck of a carrier there's no reason it can't pull a razor blade through the necks of several dozen inmates.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:27:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Supreme Court and Constitution?  

The problem is guys on death row keep bickering over what really are humane ways of killing them, so,they get killed with increasingly iffy, meds. Really we should go back to firing squads if they want to keep bitching that very drug is too cruel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Supreme Court and Constitution?  

The problem is guys on death row keep bickering over what really are humane ways of killing them, so,they get killed with increasingly iffy, meds. Really we should go back to firing squads if they want to keep bitching that very drug is too cruel.

I thought we got rid of those things already.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:31:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Enjoy.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:33:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Gee, that's too bad.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:51:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
People got their panties in a wad that their product was being used to carry out the death penalty.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So why the sudden change with the old drugs they used to use?

People got their panties in a wad that their product was being used to carry out the death penalty.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

What's wrong with Chlorine and Ammonia?

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:55:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Ya know--I don't get it....

Where are the folks representing the victims--most of whom did NOT have the luxury of being pain or terror free.

The "botched" executed POS went to sleep, felt & remembered NOTHING, and died from respiratory failure from an OD, while his victims died how? Oh yea, he was snoring--who the frig doesn't snore with deep sedation.

Anti-death penalty people don't get it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:02:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Drowning in your own juices is pretty harsh. There are times I think it's reasonable--like the home invasion here in NH where a gang literally butchered a mom & her daughter--chlorine would be too nice to the shitstains.

But giving someone a massive dose of a sedative so they are unable to think, form memories or care--then hanging, shooting, letting them go into respiratory failure, etc--I don't get why the knickers knot.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:05:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Boo F**kin Hoo.
forget the cocktails, Grab a big bag of Heroin off the Evidence Shelf,
Blow off the Dust from Storage and fill him up.
Never saw a unhappy dead Junkie
Save Cash, Recycling is good.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:07:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Justice served.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:24:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Haven't you heard?
What little ammo you can get lately is soooo overpriced.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it.

Haven't you heard?
What little ammo you can get lately is soooo overpriced.....

So you do what the Chinese do, and bill the family for the bullet. Shit, a 9mm slug to the back of the head is what, 30 cents, tops...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:30:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Just because he was gasping doesn't mean he was conscious.  The solution is to triple the dose of the drugs.  "Ouch" said no one overdosing on heroin ever.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:36:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:51:27 AM EDT
[#45]
ANASFWG
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:59:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The "cruel and unusual" standard ought to be set by reference to the killer's own regard for the victims.

2 hours to die?

So sorry, but this killer let two people bleed out and die after being shot.

No sympathy here.
View Quote

I like this method
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:00:00 AM EDT
[#47]
As long as we're throwing out ideas, I've always thought that putting the condemed in a box with a mildly hungry grizzly bear would be a good method.  It could be quick or it could last for quite a long while.  Gnaw on an arm for a while, take a nap.  Peel off a quadricep, nap, etc,etc.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:04:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I certainly don't have a problem with the death penalty for certain crimes.
But taking two hours for an execution to end is out of bounds.
Of course this is happening because of the lack of availibilty of the previous drugs used because of the festering left in the European countries that demanded an end to the selling and making of these drugs.
So if the states that are really serious about capital punishment want this punishment to continue they are going to have to come up with a way to make these drugs in sufficient quantity and quality to get the job done properly or they are going to have to consider going back to the electric chair,gas chamber,or firing squad.

Texas currently has ten executions scheduled between now and March.
I think we will continue on with them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:06:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:08:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Practice makes perfect
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top