Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 310
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Head shot kills.  When they go splat and the damage you did comes up in yellow numbers, that's a critical hit, a precision kill.  The vex goblins and the like, their crit spot is on their bellies, harpies, shoot the red eye, minotaurs/praetorians don't have a crit spot, just hammer on them until they die.  Everything else, shoot it in the head.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tried to do the vanguard precision kill bounty and I'm not sure what they call a precision kill. I've been using the sniper rifle and have many head shots and still no precision kills recorded. What give??

Head shot kills.  When they go splat and the damage you did comes up in yellow numbers, that's a critical hit, a precision kill.  The vex goblins and the like, their crit spot is on their bellies, harpies, shoot the red eye, minotaurs/praetorians don't have a crit spot, just hammer on them until they die.  Everything else, shoot it in the head.

Yea I've had many yellow number kills but it's not counting towards the bounty.. I've tried to look it up on Google and bungie the only thing I find is others complained about it no definite answer to the issue. Maybe it's in the works to a bug fix?? Just didn't know if it was just me haha
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The shot you kill them with has to be the headshot. Shoot them wherever else you please, but it only counts if you kill them with a headshot.
View Quote

Ok I'll pay closer attention to the kill shot to see what happens  thanks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thx to Gromann for the VoG hm help.  Went stupid fast and I got lucky to get the mythoclast on my 2nd atheon kill.
Killing atheon in 2 teleports rocks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thx to Gromann for the VoG hm help.  Went stupid fast and I got lucky to get the mythoclast on my 2nd atheon kill.Killing atheon in 2 teleports rocks.
View Quote

Congrats

Just finished my 2nd Crota run.  Got Black Hammer, shader, ship, and warlock helmet.  Doing one more run in an hour or so for my hunter.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#6]
If anyone needs another gun for a raid, I'm all about it.

Nailgunner548 on PSN
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:02:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Hopping on for the last Crota raid of the week.  Anyone in on xbone?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:33:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shot you kill them with has to be the headshot. Shoot them wherever else you please, but it only counts if you kill them with a headshot.

Depends on the enemies as well. Vex usually require a shot in the stomach for it to be a precision shot. Basically, whenever the text is yellow, it is a precision shot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:24:28 AM EDT
[#10]
This week:

Titan - VoG Normal

Ascendant Energy everything except for 3 shards and chatterwhite

VoG Hard

Ascendant Energy everything except for 3 shards and a space ship

Fuck it, I'll try again...

Hunter - VoG Normal

Gjallarhorn!

WOOT!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Depends on the enemies as well. Vex usually require a shot in the stomach for it to be a precision shot. Basically, whenever the text is yellow, it is a precision shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I've seen a vex yet I'm only level 11 Will be on pretty much all day today to catch up to our kids level haha
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't think I've seen a vex yet I'm only level 11 Will be on pretty much all day today to catch up to our kids level haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You won't see vex till you get to Venus
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
My 3rd character needs a full run on xbox1.  I've only cheesed Crota and the sword bridge prior to him though.  Any idea on a time frame I'm sadly on EST.

dhoskins is my tag
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My 3rd character needs a full run on xbox1.  I've only cheesed Crota and the sword bridge prior to him though.  Any idea on a time frame I'm sadly on EST.  

dhoskins is my tag
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dhoskins is my tag

Already finished earlier this evening.  Will be doing a lot of them come reset tomorrow though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got Fatebringer, and it is glorious.

That is all.
View Quote

It sure is isn't it?

Cannot wait for an Arc Burn Nightfall now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh God, doing the weekly, the packs of thrall that rush you at the beginning. Crit one of them and the entire group explodes in fire and arc. The explosions are for real. And that ain't even with the explosive rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all.

It sure is isn't it?

Oh God, doing the weekly, the packs of thrall that rush you at the beginning. Crit one of them and the entire group explodes in fire and arc. The explosions are for real. And that ain't even with the explosive rounds.

The Explosive Rounds are my next unlock on Fatebringer.  Is that the preferred perk in that slot?  Does the arc explosion and the explosive rounds stack?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Explosive Rounds are my next unlock on Fatebringer.  Is that the preferred perk in that slot?  Does the arc explosion and the explosive rounds stack?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all.

It sure is isn't it?

Yes, the gun is even more of a beast once you unlock the explosive rounds.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

It sure is isn't it?

yes.  Unlock the explosive round perk.  Its worth it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know if I am getting Seasonal Affective Disorder or not, but I've had zero energy after about 9 PM the last week or so. I fully intended to play last night but instead I fell asleep on the couch watching TV shows with my wife.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Tonight I plan to gather missing ghosts in the Cosmodrome, possibly more, then do some PVPing.  Would be awesome to get another 6 man Arfcom PVP powerhouse going.  Hit me up after 10pm cst if you wanna dominate the crucible.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't know if I am getting Seasonal Affective Disorder or not, but I've had zero energy after about 9 PM the last week or so. I fully intended to play last night but instead I fell asleep on the couch watching TV shows with my wife.
View Quote

Dan, I've been dragging ass lately as well.  Must be the crap weather.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#24]
just confirming, if you run VOG HM. you get the rewards for HM plus normal correct? i.e no reason to run both correct?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

just confirming, if you run VOG HM. you get the rewards for HM plus normal correct? i.e no reason to run both correct?
View Quote
correct.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I would not use explosive rounds if I were you.  Not sure if it's been covered on this forum but it's been broken down on reddit pretty well.  They do not add any additional damage to the weapon.  Basically all they do is split your weapon damage 60/40.  60% of your damage will be directed on the target as normal, the other 40% will now become AOE splash damage.  All 40% of that splash damage will not be absorbed by your target, you'll lose a lot of it to nothing.  

Explosive rounds only serve a purpose when taking out large groups of trash mobs as you'll slightly damage enemies near your target at the expense of not doing big damage to one of them.  This is easily testable, I did it for myself.  Load up any mission, patrol or strike and find the biggest, baddest guy you can find.  Use the gun without explosive rounds and fire a couple rounds at the critical hit spot....remember how much damage each shot does.  Now equip explosive rounds and do the same thing...notice how much less damage you are doing.

TLDR; explosive rounds take away 40% of your direct weapon damage and make it AOE (area of effect) damage.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Tonight I plan to gather missing ghosts in the Cosmodrome, possibly more, then do some PVPing.  Would be awesome to get another 6 man Arfcom PVP powerhouse going.  Hit me up after 10pm cst if you wanna dominate the crucible.
View Quote

I need to do the thorn PVP stuff so I may be down for some PVP tonight after bounties.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
correct.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
correct.    

I have heard (not confirmed) that you can get the gorgon exotic chest on normal even after a HM clear though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would not use explosive rounds if I were you.  Not sure if it's been covered on this forum but it's been broken down on reddit pretty well.  They do not add any additional damage to the weapon.  Basically all they do is split your weapon damage 60/40.  60% of your damage will be directed on the target as normal, the other 40% will now become AOE splash damage.  All 40% of that splash damage will not be absorbed by your target, you'll lose a lot of it to nothing.  

Explosive rounds only serve a purpose when taking out large groups of trash mobs as you'll slightly damage enemies near your target at the expense of not doing big damage to one of them.  This is easily testable, I did it for myself.  Load up any mission, patrol or strike and find the biggest, baddest guy you can find.  Use the gun without explosive rounds and fire a couple rounds at the critical hit spot....remember how much damage each shot does.  Now equip explosive rounds and do the same thing...notice how much less damage you are doing.

TLDR; explosive rounds take away 40% of your direct weapon damage and make it AOE (area of effect) damage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interesting, I am going to have to test that out, I still like the explosive rounds, there is nothing like clearing out a mob with a well placed head-shot especially during a nightfall with Arc burn. Field scout only adds 1 plus 23 to your reserve which isn't really that great either and it becomes even less important once you unlock the outlaw perk (precision kills increase reload) I actually like this perk better than the explosive rounds.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Interesting, I am going to have to test that out, I still like the explosive rounds, there is nothing like clearing out a mob with a well placed head-shot especially during a nightfall with Arc burn. Field scout only adds 1 plus 23 to your reserve which isn't really that great either and it becomes even less important once you unlock the outlaw perk (precision kills increase reload) I actually like this perk better than the explosive rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That perk is firefly (precision kills cause enemy to explode) which is different than explosive rounds.  Firefly is fucking amazing and totally different.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone know how the Companion app works as far as showing how much of the Raids you have completed?

I've finished Crota's End but lack one drop on VoG...not sure what drop I missed, but the last bar (4 total) isn't lit up. Does each bar represent a section, last one being Atheon? Or is their no order to them?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Oracles, Templar, Gatekeeper, Atheon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone know how the Companion app works as far as showing how much of the Raids you have completed?

I've finished Crota's End but lack one drop on VoG...not sure what drop I missed, but the last bar (4 total) isn't lit up. Does each bar represent a section, last one being Atheon? Or is their no order to them?

Oracles, Templar, Gatekeeper, Atheon

This. It doesn't tell you which ones those represent though which is very annoying.  Usually I just get in a group starting at the templar and do it from there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#35]
It must be the Oracles that I missed out on then.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#37]
That's about the worst draw ever
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

No worries gentlemen!

SO CHEESY!
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#39]
nice!
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Now that's thinking.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries gentlemen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7QqEbCjvU

SO CHEESY!

this is 11ty billion times better than the other cheese spot, sucks that there's no burn this week, BUT this one isn't to big of a deal.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Will definitely be using that tonight, thanks hoss.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll be sticking to my cheese spot by the crates. But a couple people can jump up there if they want. Don't die trying to make it up there!

No burn? WTF is this ?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#44]
That's a nice spot. I'll use that in the future. Ran both weeklies and did 2 chest runs, got nothing but shards/coins. My Hunter did get a cloak from a chest that look like fly's wings. Kinda weird...
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That's a nice spot. I'll use that in the future. Ran both weeklies and did 2 chest runs, got nothing but shards/coins. My Hunter did get a cloak from a chest that look like fly's wings. Kinda weird...
View Quote

I got my THIRD fucking No Land Beyond...mother. fucker.

That cloak actually looks bad ass with the crota raid gear and shader.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Cerebus Vae is the 2nd worst nightfall. And the boss fight is the easy part now, it's all the other parts before that which are annoying.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Cerebus Vae is the 2nd worst nightfall. And the boss fight is the easy part now, it's all the other parts before that which are annoying.
View Quote
I usually run past most of it until I get to the end.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Got dragons breath from the 1st chest and a bunch of shards.
I also cheesed the 1st section on all my toons and the bridge boss with my warlock.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Destiny is much more enjoyable when you reach 20. Getting cool gear is the best part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got the game yesterday and it's pretty fun only made it to level 11 so far but I have Monday off. Going to push toward 20 haha got to catch up to the kids.

Destiny is much more enjoyable when you reach 20. Getting cool gear is the best part.

Just hit 20 over the weekend.  Got to 25 pretty quickly off drops.  However, I swear, if I get another AFK'er in my strike group I'm going to find a way to stick my boot through the network and kick that mofo in the teeth.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Crapped out on the loot chests this morning. All I needed for over a week is 4 shards to hit LV 32. What do I get? 2 shards, 4 energies, and no weapons.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top