A Shotgun and a Glock 19 are about to fight each other, who wins
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Niether. Cuz shotguns are gay. Glock 19

Glock 19 wins in every battle unless it's against an AR, where it looses.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Full tube, locked and loaded.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hot Standby: Full mag, hammer down on empty chamber safety off.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Glock 19. If there is a question, glock 19 is the answer.

Fuckin '03ers

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're inanimate objects.

Are you a liberal that thinks guns kill people on their own???

You know what I mean

Glock 19. If there is a question, glock 19 is the answer.

Fuckin '03ers

You definitely have confidence in your choice of the G19.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Condition 1.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

this lol
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Cruiser safe, by policy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Duh. This man gets it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#10]
The shotgun goes in a case in the back of the vehicle.

The rifle goes up front "cruiser ready."
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your shotgun.

Cruiser safe = Full mag tube, empty chamber, hammer cocked, safety on.

Cruiser Ready = Full mag tube, empty chamber, hammer decocked, safety on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/Mossberg%20Rebuild%202014/20141014_165405_zps3c94019f.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/Remington%20870%20Rebuild%202015/20151019_165655_zpsiqvjs7hl.jpg
View Quote

Cruiser safe ? = Full mag tube, empty chamber, hammer cocked, safety on OFF.

All the safety does on a shotgun if keep the trigger from being pressed. Serves no other purpose, so I leave mine off if the chamber is empty.

Once I rack the slide but I am off target, then the safety is on.

I don't know what you call this condition but it makes the most sense to me. I prefer the hammer cocked so that the slide isn't sloppy. Once you "decoct" a shotgun (press the trigger) then the slide will walk especially on a well worn or oiled pump. Keeping the hammer cocked keeps the pump action locked. It can only be un;locked again by pressing the trigger or by hitting the release bar. I see this as a safety in itself. Anyone ignorant of how an 870 work can't just pick it up and shoot it... YMMV
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Banzai Ready:

One in the chamber (dragons breath)
Empty mag tube
Safety off
Bayonet affixed
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't have to hit the release button when chambering a round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cruiser safe.  Dropping the hammer never had even occurred to me.... what would the rationale behind that be?

Don't have to hit the release button when chambering a round.

Tracking.  

I do keep a 14" 870 loaded, but it's down pretty far on the "OH FUCK!!!!" depth chart.  To be perfectly honest I couldn't tell you with any certainty of its exact "condition" right now without going to the safe and looking I'm positive there's at least a full 5-round tube of 000 buck though.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope you guys that keep chambered shotguns in your closets understand that they bump fire easily.

The safety doesn't do a damned thing but keep the trigger from being pressed... If a chambered shotgun falls on the ground it goes BOOM, safety or not.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Hot standby
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Condition 1 FTW!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I hope you guys that keep chambered shotguns in your closets understand that they bump fire easily.

The safety doesn't do a damned thing but keep the trigger from being pressed... If a chambered shotgun falls on the ground it goes BOOM, safety or not.
View Quote

That's why I'd never store a long gun in a vehicle with a round in the chamber.  I can't imagine a traffic accident sucking less with the addition of a rifle bullet or charge of buckshot thrown into the mix.

Just on the floor leaning up against a corner in a closet or safe though... pretty darn safe.  The "impact" won't be in the right direction to create an "inertia" fire.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's why I'd never store a long gun in a vehicle with a round in the chamber.  I can't imagine a traffic accident sucking less with the addition of a rifle bullet or charge of buckshot thrown into the mix.

Just on the floor leaning up against a corner in a closet or safe though... pretty darn safe. The "impact" won't be in the right direction to create an "inertia" fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just on the floor leaning up against a corner in a closet or safe though... pretty darn safe. The "impact" won't be in the right direction to create an "inertia" fire.

I don't know... Have you tried it yet?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Neither.  I don't carry a shotgun anymore.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Cruiser ready, with a safety flag poking out of the action so, [DonCorleone] and I hope that day never comes [/Don Corleone] I won't forget there's nothing in the chamber and  get a click instead of a bang.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So you can rack the slide and load the shotgun..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cruiser safe.  Dropping the hammer never had even occurred to me.... what would the rationale behind that be?

So you can rack the slide and load the shotgun..

without having to hit the action bar...
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Full Tube, one in the Chamber, 6 in the receiver caddy and safety on

870P  
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm gonna cry foul on that unless you have some evidence that doesnt include, "my uncle heard it from a guy"
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm gonna cry foul on that unless you have some evidence that doesnt include, "my uncle heard it from a guy"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try it for yourself...
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Try it for yourself...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try it for yourself...

Falling muzzle-first.... probably going to go off.  Falling butt-first... might go off.  Falling pretty much any other way... almost certainly not going to go off.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Yep
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I do keep a 14" 870 loaded, but it's down pretty far on the "OH FUCK!!!!" depth chart.  To be perfectly honest I couldn't tell you with any certainty of its exact "condition" right now without going to the safe and looking I'm positive there's at least a full 5-round tube of 000 buck though.  
View Quote

I left my 11-87 with the chamber empty but the magazine tube loaded with 3 1/2" shells for a month or two in the closet. Went to chamber it one day and the shells had swollen up a little from being under spring pressure - absolutely would not chamber (these were standard plastic hull shells). Don't know if it could happen with 2 3/4 or 3" shells but that sure was an eye-opener for me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#35]

14" Benelli M2s kept Cruiser Safe.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Full tube, chambered, safety on.
I carry a handgun with a round in the chamber, why wouldn't I store my long guns the same way?
View Quote

What this guy said.. Why would it be any different?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Falling muzzle-first.... probably going to go off.  Falling butt-first... might go off.  Falling pretty much any other way... almost certainly not going to go off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try it for yourself...

As in you have scientific proof of this or its just possible under certain conditions. Certainly heard a tale or two of "it just went off" but yet to seen it proven on video so just looking for some sort of documented evidence of this happening of a stock out the box mass produced shotgun on a regular basis as to substantiate "Probably"

If i drop my AR on its muzzle is it probably going to go off?

im not saying they wont. Ive just never heard of such a thing so if im doing something insanely dangerous i would like to find out. Cause i got a bunch of shotguns all loaded in this manner.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#38]
One in the top barrel, and one in the bottom barrel.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:56:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You can rack the slide and go. Don't have to push the slide release button before you rack it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can rack the slide and go. Don't have to push the slide release button before you rack it.

I am not an LEO, nor do I play one on TV.  But would that be a bad thing?  Assuming you train to hit the slide release to rack the shotty, wouldn't that perhaps foul up some hoodlum/yokel/wanker/jackass that grabbed the shotgun from the cruiser and tried to blast you with it?  I mean, his fumbling with a gun he might not know much about might buy you enough time to draw and fight your way back to your longarm in such a situation, yet not cost you much time if you train for it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Practically all modern handguns have firing pin safeties, while most long guns don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Full tube, chambered, safety on.
I carry a handgun with a round in the chamber, why wouldn't I store my long guns the same way?

Practically all modern handguns have firing pin safeties, while most long guns don't.

Yup.

My long guns do not get one in the chamber until and unless I believe the need to fire is imminent.

Cruiser ready for me in all long guns, tube-fed and otherwise.

Handguns are carried Condition One.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:51:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:54:32 AM EDT
[#42]
My shotgun is kept just like my rifles, and all other defensive tools. Fully loaded, one in the chamber. safety on. Most of my pistols have no safeties, so they're just cocked and ready to rock.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:57:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Cruiser Safe, but it's a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I am not an LEO, nor do I play one on TV.  But would that be a bad thing?  Assuming you train to hit the slide release to rack the shotty, wouldn't that perhaps foul up some hoodlum/yokel/wanker/jackass that grabbed the shotgun from the cruiser and tried to blast you with it?  I mean, his fumbling with a gun he might not know much about might buy you enough time to draw and fight your way back to your longarm in such a situation, yet not cost you much time if you train for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Electric rack locks in a locked vehicle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:04:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

When I roll with a shotgun that is how I do it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:11:13 AM EDT
[#46]
The 930, has a full tube, chamber empty, safety on. Pretty sure the hammer is cocked as it never occurred to me to do otherwise. Granted its a semi, so just rack the bolt and ready to go. Makes sense in a pump though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:16:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Another "ready" vote. My Mossberg sits next to the dresser, full tube, empty chamber/hammer down.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

This one
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Cruiser ready for shotguns.  Chamber loaded safety on for rifles.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top