BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not WWIII, but the destruction of America from within.

Vote next Nov. This is arguably one of, if not the, most important election in modern time. If any of the D candidates win the WH, we're done. America will be forever changed, mark my words. Remember that when you get pissy because 'your guy' didn't get the nod and contemplate staying home on election day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Europe is on track to become a Muslim dominated continent. I fear for my 2 year old son.  What kind of horrors he'll witness in his lifetime.
View Quote

This. I have three girls...
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's arguably been going on for over a decade now.
View Quote

You could say it started when Saddam invaded Kuwait.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, and the dumb a$$ gov. of my state is welcoming the enemy with open arms. :(
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

1500 years
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not WWIII, but the destruction of America from within.

Vote next Nov. This is arguably one of, if not the, most important election in modern time. If any of the D candidates win the WH, we're done. America will be forever changed, mark my words. Remember that when you get pissy because 'your guy' didn't get the nod and contemplate staying home on election day.

It's very important both domestically and internationally. SCOTUS is likely to have two judges retiring and IS is anything but contained. Meanwhile POTUS is importing Syrain rebels (they're already proving themselves a Trojan horse) promising background checks when we couldn't even do those same checks correctly on Bradley Manning.

Maybe that sort of shit is funny to morons but I'd rather not see things get worse.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
From the enemies` perspective I`d rather go to war with Obongo in charge rather than Trump or Cruz. Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think ww3 started with the embassy hostage taking in Iran in 79. Maybe even Munich. We sure didn't see it, but that's how it happens too. In the same way the treaty at Versailles fomented ww2, maybe the creation of Isreal set the stage for ww3. Not meant to blame Isreal,  btw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think we are.

I think ww3 started with the embassy hostage taking in Iran in 79. Maybe even Munich. We sure didn't see it, but that's how it happens too. In the same way the treaty at Versailles fomented ww2, maybe the creation of Isreal set the stage for ww3. Not meant to blame Isreal,  btw.

Look into Sykes-Picot for some of what is going on with ISIS.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not as a World War. For that matter, I think the term, "proxy war," is nonsense. A "proxy" is a substitute, a stand-in, someone who acts on behalf of someone else.

I don't know of anybody we've fought that was fighting for Russia. All of the opponents we've waged war against were fighting for themselves, not for Russia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How else would you characterize another proxy war with Russia?

Not as a World War. For that matter, I think the term, "proxy war," is nonsense. A "proxy" is a substitute, a stand-in, someone who acts on behalf of someone else.

I don't know of anybody we've fought that was fighting for Russia. All of the opponents we've waged war against were fighting for themselves, not for Russia.

EL OH EL

Go read a history book about the Cold War.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, you could call it WWIII, or you could call it "prophecy"

Either way, yes...I believe we are.

There are some very interesting puzzle pieces coming into alignment that 10-20-30 years ago people said you were crazy if you thought they would happen.

One big one I see soon is from Isaiah 17:1.....Damascus being reduced to a pile of rubble. When that happens that will be a big "I told you so" for a lot of people.

WWIII will be nothing like the first two.
View Quote

Great post. And incredibly prophetic, considering that city has been there for thousands of years. Yet even today, parts are being bombed into dust every day.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#11]
im not sure about a world war..... but damn sure a shitload of instability... with will probably result in either iran nuking someone... or providing a nuke, to allow terrorists to nuke someone...

which could result in nuke retaliation...... ( nuke iran)   which could lead to irans super power buddies possibly nuking us... or israel.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.   We are still fighting out the peace settlements of ww1.  We did the European borders in the 1940s.  Now is the time for the internal borders of the Ottoman Empire
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO!

World War 1 never truly ended.

This.   We are still fighting out the peace settlements of ww1.  We did the European borders in the 1940s.  Now is the time for the internal borders of the Ottoman Empire

Bingo!
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#13]
No.

Islam went to global war long before WWI.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Only a matter of time.  It's anyone's guess if the time is now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#15]
When the major powers go to blows, THEN you can consider ww3 has begun. Till then its just wars and rumors of wars, which have been escalating and setting the stage for the next, and the next, and the next....... but we're not there yet. A lot more and harsher economic problems have to arise first.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No.

Islam went to global war long before WWI.

View Quote

This is an interesting video.
https://youtu.be/t_Qpy0mXg8Y
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Not WWIII. You are witnessing the beginning of the Apocalypse.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Not WWIII. You are witnessing the beginning of the Apocalypse.
View Quote
Well that escalated quickly.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think it's an escalation of an ongoing battle, but certainly not WWIII.
View Quote

Considering now Russia is involved along with a good chunk of Europe getting more active and the ME, it may as well be another world war. Just different in terms of scale and tactics as the first two. It'll be longer too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

EL OH EL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EL OH EL

Who have we fought that was fighting for Russia?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EL OH EL

This isn't that complicated. Russia is propping up Asad. The CIA is propping up the forces fighting Asad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The period of relative peace in Europe following WWII was a historical anomaly that is probably coming to an overdue end.

WWIII? Who knows. Doubt it, since there are no major military powers that are likely to throw down in total war.
View Quote

For the past 200 some years we have had a historical anomaly where a particular peaceful culture has had dominance of the world's oceans (with the exception of the first half of 1942 in the Pacific). This has enabled a time of relative peace and prosperity.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Two things wrong with that scenario.

1. Despite the blusterings of Netan-yahoo, Israel isn't going to attack Iran.
2. The Israelis aren't dumb enough to start a war with Russia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So let's say Iran gets close to the bomb and Israel launches an attack. Well Russia doesn't care for IDF planes flying over their forces so they shoot a couple down. Well Israel can't stand that obviously. One, an existential crisis still exists if Iran gets a bomb so the strike must go on, two, they now have to return fire on Russia. So now Russia and Israel are at war.

You outed yourself in bold.

Also, you are being obtuse.  We weren't directly fighting the Soviets, however they were supplying money and arms to N. Vietnam, El Salvador, Libya, Saddam, etc.
So, yes, we were engaged in a proxy war.  How else would you describe the Bay of Pigs situation?  Using your logic, why would Cuba alone engage in a war with the US, since we are bigger, and they didn't have the economy for it?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Also, you are being obtuse.  We weren't directly fighting the Soviets, however they were supplying money and arms to N. Vietnam, El Salvador, Libya, Saddam, etc.
So, yes, we were engaged in a proxy war.  How else would you describe the Bay of Pigs situation?  Using your logic, why would Cuba alone engage in a war with the US, since we are bigger, and they didn't have the economy for it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So let's say Iran gets close to the bomb and Israel launches an attack. Well Russia doesn't care for IDF planes flying over their forces so they shoot a couple down. Well Israel can't stand that obviously. One, an existential crisis still exists if Iran gets a bomb so the strike must go on, two, they now have to return fire on Russia. So now Russia and Israel are at war.

The USSR trained the leadership of most of the communist revolutions. Lower level people were trained in North Korea or by Cuba. Cuba's secret police were trained by the East Europeans, I forget which but IIRC Germans or Poles, both of which had an excellent intelligence service.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Hide 'n watch.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#26]
nah
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The USSR trained the leadership of most of the communist revolutions. Lower level people were trained in North Korea or by Cuba. Cuba's secret police were trained by the East Europeans, I forget which but IIRC Germans or Poles, both of which had an excellent intelligence service.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Cuban BRAC (Bureau for the Repression of Communist Activities) was actually founded/encouraged by the CIA, although obviously not called that at the time.  An interesting web, indeed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

May I ask your approximate age?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus. H. Christ. For a site that makes fun or liberal feels, it sure does a bitching job at letting their emotions get the better of them all the time and completely destroy any rational thought.

May I ask your approximate age?

Middle aged.

I already lived through the hysteria of 9/11.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I still think Isis is worse than the Nazis as per this old thread I remembered.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This isn't that complicated. Russia is propping up Asad. The CIA is propping up the forces fighting Asad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EL OH EL

Yup. But Asad is not fighting for Russia, and the rebels are not fighting for the USA.

So, you didn't answer my question.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

And will continue......
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outed myself as someone who thinks "Bibi" is a yahoo? Gee, you catch on fast.

None of which were fighting against the USA for the Soviets.
So, yes, we were engaged in a proxy war.  How else would you describe the Bay of Pigs situation?

I'd describe it as what it was: Cuban exiles versus the Cuban military.
Using your logic, why would Cuba alone engage in a war with the US, since we are bigger, and they didn't have the economy for it?

Illogical question. Cuba did not attack the United States.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yup. But Asad is not fighting for Russia, and the rebels are not fighting for the USA.

View Quote

I have to think you're being intentionally obtuse by this point, so I'm done.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problemo. You were effectively done when you continued to evade answering the question, anyway.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted: Derp
View Quote

So, in other words, you make it up as you go along.

And yes, you're right, Cuba never attacked. Whose missiles were they aiming at us again?

Ahhh, California. Nvm.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#36]
We have just been going through "Cold War II" and it will soon start to heat up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty funny, coming from the person who talked about Cuba engaging in a war with the US.
And yes, you're right, Cuba never attacked. Whose missiles were they aiming at us again?

Make up your mind. Do you want to talk about the Bay of Pigs invasion, or the Cuban missile crisis?
Ahhh, California. Nvm.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Jesus. H. Christ. For a site that makes fun of liberal feels, it sure does a bitching job at letting their emotions get the better of them all the time and completely destroy any rational thought.
View Quote

People on here were calling for "security measures" after the Paris attacks that would have been blasted as being "unconstitutional/the last line in the sand/straight out of Nazi Germany and the USSR" a few days before. The American "right" displays the same hysterical/derpy reaction to terrorism as the libs do to shootings like Sandy Hook. The same emotional outbursts (lacking any thought or clue) that are found on lib sites occur on here too.

The best part is the backtracking on what govt actions are "constitutional" and the mental gymnastics used to "justify" their derpy "exceptions"....just like the libs. It is intimidate post 9/11 all over again. Give it a few years and people on here will be calling people "statists" for suggesting the same "security measures" they are suggesting now. It just makes them feel better to post this kind of stuff (sound familiar?).

You should expect it from the left (they flat out admit it) but for the "right" that loves to claim "logic, intellectual integrity, rational thought,..." LOL

One of the funnier things to watch on here.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
NO!

View Quote

I'm thinking this is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO!

Yep.

This whole moslem migration looks like a resurgence of the Ottoman Empire.  But the Knights Of Malta are not what they once were.  And the invaders are being welcomed with open arms.

So basically, we're fucked.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

People on here were calling for "security measures" after the Paris attacks that would have been blasted as being "unconstitutional/the last line in the sand/straight out of Nazi Germany and the USSR" a few days before. The American "right" displays the same hysterical/derpy reaction to terrorism as the libs do to shootings like Sandy Hook. The same emotional outbursts (lacking any thought or clue) that are found on lib sites occur on here too.

The best part is the backtracking on what govt actions are "constitutional" and the mental gymnastics used to "justify" their derpy "exceptions"....just like the libs. It is intimidate post 9/11 all over again. Give it a few years and people on here will be calling people "statists" for suggesting the same "security measures" they are suggesting now. It just makes them feel better to post this kind of stuff (sound familiar?).

You should expect it from the left (they flat out admit it) but for the "right" that loves to claim "logic, intellectual integrity, rational thought,..." LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus. H. Christ. For a site that makes fun of liberal feels, it sure does a bitching job at letting their emotions get the better of them all the time and completely destroy any rational thought.

There was a time here when the Patriot Act was overwhelmingly popular.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think it's an escalation of an ongoing battle, but certainly not WWIII.
View Quote

This.

Not to mention, everything before WWI wasn't "WWI in the making". Things could have gone very different, with just a few small acts here or there.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Not war per se, more like national suicide.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When the major powers go to blows, THEN you can consider ww3 has begun. Till then its just wars and rumors of wars, which have been escalating and setting the stage for the next, and the next, and the next....... but we're not there yet. A lot more and harsher economic problems have to arise first.
View Quote

Very true. The water is still relatively warm and comfortable in this pot. Boiling hasn't started yet...
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#45]
It is a possibility, but nothing big will happen until there is a new president.

Unless, a terrorist attack larger than 9/11 happens in America.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's pretty funny, coming from the person who talked about Cuba engaging in a war with the US.

Make up your mind. Do you want to talk about the Bay of Pigs invasion, or the Cuban missile crisis?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh, California. Nvm.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
1500 years
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

1500 years

Truth, he tells it.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EL OH EL

I guess the Vietnamese don't count.

ETA:  Got caught up, and read the rest of your derp.

Here's your that you have earned.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Welcome to 2001
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Definitely maybe.
Page / 4
Top Top