Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That should work great. I used an ACOG for part of an event, worked well. Not sure how a red dot sight would do, I've never had much luck shooting precisely with those myself - anything in the ACOG, 1-4, or even 3-9 hunting scope realm should be fine. If you don't have anything like that look at the Primary Arms 1-4/6 models or the 1-3 Weaver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so I just figured out that I can't really use Tech-Sites on my Tac-Sol 10/22 barrel, so what optic would those that have attended suggest using?

would something like the Primary Arms 1-6X work?

That should work great. I used an ACOG for part of an event, worked well. Not sure how a red dot sight would do, I've never had much luck shooting precisely with those myself - anything in the ACOG, 1-4, or even 3-9 hunting scope realm should be fine. If you don't have anything like that look at the Primary Arms 1-4/6 models or the 1-3 Weaver.

Agree with everything 53vortec said.  The only optics that are less than ideal are the mega high magnification (more than 10 or 12X) just because like any high power scope it's easy to lose your "bearings".

If using an optic make sure you have the eye relief set so that it's useable for prone.  Lots of folks have the optic pushed back for bench shooting and then it's almost unuseable in prone when their head is inches further forward.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess if I showed up with a CZ452 with iron sights and 5rd magazines I would be SOL...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I guess if I showed up with a CZ452 with iron sights and 5rd magazines I would be SOL...
View Quote

If you could get 10 rounders you might be fine.

I was half thinking about running it with my Marlin XT-22, but I have an optic on there and a handful of 10 round mags
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I was planning on using a scope for the next Appleseed I attend. However, I can't push the scope any further forward to have a decent sight picture when I am shooting prone. I am looking at a pin hole. I have a rail on top of the rifle and the mount is in the furthest rails. The scope is all the way forward to the adjustment turrets. FWIW: the scope is a Leupold rimfire scope.

As far as shooting a bolt action with five round mags...........I don't know if there are specific rules about how you load your magazines. The course of fire for stages 2 & 3 says you load 8 and 2. You shoot the 2 and then change mags. However I am guessing that the exact quantity isn't as important as the fact that you are doing a magazine change. After I found out that I can't really use my scoped 10/22 (see above), I decided to shoot my next Appleseed with a Mossberg M44 bolt gun that I got from the CMP. It has an eight round magazine. However, when I have loaded eight rounds in it, the first round doesn't want to feed. So I have been practicing loading one mag with six and the other with four. That is going to have two work. In my experience, Appleseed seems to be very friendly to whatever you bring: they will try to make it work. So I am not really worried about the magazine issue.
I did some internet searching and found some 15 round mags for the M44 and I ordered them. Hopefully the shipping will be prompt. That would enable me to not have to do a mag change at all on stages 1 and 4 and also allow me to load 8 & 2 on stages 2&3; but if I don't get them, I am going to use what I have. No big deal.

Now showing up with one five round mag would be an issue. It isn't like they wouldn't let you shoot; but it would not allow you to do the normal course of fire.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was half thinking about running it with my Marlin XT-22, but I have an optic on there and a handful of 10 round mags
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought about that too, those are hard to find.  Do you think I would be at a disadvantage using a bolt-action instead of semiauto?  I can't justify buying one now, for financial reasons.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thought about that too, those are hard to find.  Do you think I would be at a disadvantage using a bolt-action instead of semiauto?  I can't justify buying one now, for financial reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will be at a slight disadvantage only because the stages are timed. You don't be able to shoot AS fast as a semi-auto.  However there is no reason why you can't do it with a bolt gun.

I fully intend to.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Bolt action is gonna make it difficult for you.

But if it's between going with a bolt and not going at all, definitely GO!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

A guy next to me on the firing line was shooting some type of falling block single shot .22. Run what you brung, they'll gladly work with you.

The one thing was kind of funny was how badly a shooter with an M1907 leather sling tripped them up, considering it's such a sling-centric event. Guess Fred doesn't sell those.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was planning on using a scope for the next Appleseed I attend. However, I can't push the scope any further forward to have a decent sight picture when I am shooting prone. I am looking at a pin hole. I have a rail on top of the rifle and the mount is in the furthest rails. The scope is all the way forward to the adjustment turrets. FWIW: the scope is a Leupold rimfire scope.

As far as shooting a bolt action with five round mags...........I don't know if there are specific rules about how you load your magazines. The course of fire for stages 2 & 3 says you load 8 and 2. You shoot the 2 and then change mags. However I am guessing that the exact quantity isn't as important as the fact that you are doing a magazine change. After I found out that I can't really use my scoped 10/22 (see above), I decided to shoot my next Appleseed with a Mossberg M44 bolt gun that I got from the CMP. It has an eight round magazine. However, when I have loaded eight rounds in it, the first round doesn't want to feed. So I have been practicing loading one mag with six and the other with four. That is going to have two work. In my experience, Appleseed seems to be very friendly to whatever you bring: they will try to make it work. So I am not really worried about the magazine issue.
I did some internet searching and found some 15 round mags for the M44 and I ordered them. Hopefully the shipping will be prompt. That would enable me to not have to do a mag change at all on stages 1 and 4 and also allow me to load 8 & 2 on stages 2&3; but if I don't get them, I am going to use what I have. No big deal.

Now showing up with one five round mag would be an issue. It isn't like they wouldn't let you shoot; but it would not allow you to do the normal course of fire.
View Quote

The rounds in mags is important, because it is done to force a mag change while shooting at a target, before you transition to the next target.  Chances are they will let you load differently if you are having issues getting your gun to work with the round count, but you probably won't get a rifleman patch even if you do shoot 210+.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Did a Kidd trigger job on the 10/22 tonight, so now it's time to figure out an optic!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I did the Long Rage Appleseed at Camp Atterbury JMTC with my GF last year, it was a memorable experience.

Centerfire rifles out to 400, 500 yards.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Met the Colorado Appleseed coordinators yesterday at the http://www.colorado2a.org/ meet and greet.

They explained the whole course of fire and we talked general stuff.

On day 2, we'll be shooting out to 575 yds!

Really looking forward to the shoot in the few weeks.

I think I'm going to get this cheapie for the 10/22: (there's only a red dot on it now)

http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-ar-optics-2-7x32-rimfire-riflescope-w-bdc-reticle-matte-black.html

I'd get the Primary Arms 1-6, but it's out of stock until Sept
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:58:27 AM EDT
[#16]
patchouli I got your message.

You were the straw that broke the camels back... my inbox is now full so I can't send until the cache clears tonight!

Yes, certainly interested is the answer.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You were the straw that broke the camels back... my inbox is now full so I can't send until the cache clears tonight!

View Quote

Ok.  Mount too?

Here's mine mounted.

I basically bought it to see if I like the concept of a 1-6 on my rifle.  Weight and quickness, etc

Haven't shot it yet but love the reticle. Glass is decent.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:16:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do it. You won't be disappointed. Two days of solid instruction for $60.

I know of no other nationwide organization that is both 1) more effective at teaching positional rifle marksmanship and 2) more dedicated to promoting our heritage of liberty.

Brianf31
Project Appleseed Instructor
View Quote

what happened in the organization. I've heard some things
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:19:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I did it twice. at ramsuer with fred teaching. Its a good program. I did it with a Garand before all the current craziness.  (2004-2005) I shot rifleman at 25s meter on the ghost targets, but had to leave  when we were doing it at distance (family stuff). So I did not get to get my patch. I am confident I could have.

Its a good program. Solid fundamentals. and its not easy to shoot rifleman. and those guys who are crack shots are fun to watch!

There have been a few changes since then I understand.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ok.  Mount too?

Here's mine mounted.
.http://i60.tinypic.com/byelf.jpg.

I basically bought it to see if I like the concept of a 1-6 on my rifle.  Weight and quickness, etc

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.  Mount too?

Here's mine mounted.
.http://i60.tinypic.com/byelf.jpg.

mount too!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is this not the same organization that requires you to use a copyrighted target that you have to purchase? If not, my bad.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a revenue generation scam. That said, you get to shoot guns, so how bad can it be?

You wanna back that statement up?

Don't waste your time; he can't.
Is this not the same organization that requires you to use a copyrighted target that you have to purchase? If not, my bad.  

not when I was there. It was a part of your fee.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Some of the Appleseed instructors were PMIs, though.

On a related note: very few shooters who were (claiming to be) Army, Navy, Air Force, OR Marines make Expert on their first weekend.  (Of course, it's possible some of them just claim to be military to get a discount on the weekend... )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do it. You won't be disappointed. Two days of solid instruction for $60.

I know of no other nationwide organization that is both 1) more effective at teaching positional rifle marksmanship and 2) more dedicated to promoting our heritage of liberty.

Brianf31
Project Appleseed Instructor

Is USMC a national organization?

There was a guy here who claimed that an Appleseed was as good at teaching rifle marksmanship as Marine boot. Which is horseshit, of course....volunteers at a two-day course can't possibly compare to two solid weeks with professional PMIs.

That said, I think the Appleseed is a great program for beginners. Just be realistic about what to expect, and realize that simulated 500 yard targets are not the same as learning to shoot with wind at 500 yards.

Some of the Appleseed instructors were PMIs, though.

On a related note: very few shooters who were (claiming to be) Army, Navy, Air Force, OR Marines make Expert on their first weekend.  (Of course, it's possible some of them just claim to be military to get a discount on the weekend... )

I am not exactly an elite marksman but got my patch on the first try.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Appleseed with the wife and 4 kids is a great mini vacation, cheep too.  Fun times for sure.

I must have 4 or 5 of those Appleseed T-shirts
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I got my patch on my first attempt, using the rifle shown below.
I have an offer to all my local customers/friends that I'll give $250 to anyone who shoots Rifleman on their first attempt using a center-fire rifle and iron sights. Not a single person has taken any money from me yet.  The millenial/airsoft generation knows what looks cool in the picture threads, but 90% of gun owners in the country cant shoot worth a shit.  The Appleseed Program is the best thing to come along since the DCM/CMP.
http://www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/appleseed.jpg
View Quote

Do I have to drive to Ohio to take your money?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I had a good time and learned a lot.  

I brought a non-FF AR and the sling does mess with POI.  The mag can interfere with your arm too.

In hindsight, a 10/22 with Tech Sights would have been a better choice.

Member jlficken got his rifleman badge with an otherwise stock 10/22 w/ Tech Sights and a 87# factory trigger.
View Quote

He's not kidding about the trigger.  It is still horrible after 10K+ rounds through the gun.  It is all of 12lbs but I am just used to it I guess since I have had it for 20+ years :)

Tech Sights made a huge difference in shootability with the gun and were a large part of shooting it well I think.  I really want one of the 50th Anniv guns too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have an offer to all my local customers/friends that I'll give $250 to anyone who shoots Rifleman on their first attempt using a center-fire rifle and iron sights. Not a single person has taken any money from me yet.  The millenial/airsoft generation knows what looks cool in the picture threads, but 90% of gun owners in the country cant shoot worth a shit.  The Appleseed Program is the best thing to come along since the DCM/CMP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's  "alright".  Basic marksmanship. Instructors... meh.  Story time... meh

Better than nothing

Better than most rifle shooters in America, given that barely 15% of shooters can score Expert at either 25 yards OR the actual known distances.

Got your Rifleman patch on the first try, did ya?  

Was that just at the 25yd range? I've always heard shooting with a tight sling on an A1 makes it go all wonky at range.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:16:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The rounds in mags is important, because it is done to force a mag change while shooting at a target, before you transition to the next target.  Chances are they will let you load differently if you are having issues getting your gun to work with the round count, but you probably won't get a rifleman patch even if you do shoot 210+.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see, that makes sense to so degree I guess. They want to see if you still have NPOA after mag change ? With my rifle You are making a mag change before you change targets on Stage 2 and adding a mag change in stages 1, and 4 (if you are shooting a 10/22 you can load all 10 on 1 & 4). So the only stage effected would be stage 3. And even there you change mags and still have to have NPOA , it's just not at the same point.

I am assuming they make some kind of allowance for people who don't have a rifle with an eight round mag ? Like the rifle I want to shoot.

I have a Riflemans Patch, so it isn't a big deal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Hmm,

I've been thinking about going to one, and bringing the fiance with me.  Would be nice if they had one at the local range, but it looks like they are offered not too terribly far away.

My main question.  

The rifles I have are a CQBR type AR... ie 10.3" SBR....

And a Winchester Model 52 Target,  (Very accurate, Pan style peep sights, and heavy.  Also currently only own the blocked magazine that holds one round)  

Could I get away with either of these? or would it be silly to bring, and I would be better picking up a 10/22 or similar for the event?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:36:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A single shot will not work for the course of fire. The 10.3" SBR will work just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmm,

I've been thinking about going to one, and bringing the fiance with me.  Would be nice if they had one at the local range, but it looks like they are offered not too terribly far away.

My main question.  

And a Winchester Model 52 Target,  (Very accurate, Pan style peep sights, and heavy.  Also currently only own the blocked magazine that holds one round)  

<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/CQBR_zpsaadbcc8f.png.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/CQBR_zpsaadbcc8f.png</a>
<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/19B0257C-8D62-4E2E-83AC-44BAD15F856F-17070-00000A472B595590_zps1cdfb1d4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/19B0257C-8D62-4E2E-83AC-44BAD15F856F-17070-00000A472B595590_zps1cdfb1d4.jpg</a>

Could I get away with either of these? or would it be silly to bring, and I would be better picking up a 10/22 or similar for the event?

A single shot will not work for the course of fire. The 10.3" SBR will work just fine.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:39:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Better than nothing
View Quote

good basic marksmanship skills - lots of 'SCHTIC'

some of the instructors have seen a few too many movies about boot camp.

overall fun - just take with a pinch  of salt
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:42:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

You can use the AR if you have the ammo.

But if you have the money, I would want a 10-22.  Your neighbors on the firing line will appreciate you more, too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:43:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Its a revenue generation scam. That said, you get to shoot guns, so how bad can it be?
View Quote

care to elaborate how it is a scam?
range fees and other costs are what account for the 60$ charge.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm not saying the training is horrible or that it is too basic.

I am saying the quality of instructor is...highly variable.  The way they run it too, is a bit "rushed" too.  They pull you into a group and show a technique, then you go back to the line and immediately fire it.  Very little, to no time to "dry practice" it and get corrections, find positions.

Then the breaks for stories should be cool... but are pretty lame and a time waster. Stuttered by some guy who thinks he's james earl jones.

As for my scores. I did okay for using a gun with a broken rear sight (literally half the sight was missing).

I didnt get my super cool patch. Maybe if we spent more time practicing positions and correcting them instead of listening to a shitty retelling of common history, I would have.

Other than that... it's fun to shoot stuff.

View Quote

"common" history that the majority of those attending the classes have never heard? thats not common if you ask me.
its great to get kids interested in their nations history, with factual historic events, not the watered down shit that is history in public schools these days
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You only need to shoot 4 MOA, that sling isn't going to pull out of a 4 MOA group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that just at the 25yd range? I've always heard shooting with a tight sling on an A1 makes it go all wonky at range.

You only need to shoot 4 MOA, that sling isn't going to pull out of a 4 MOA group.

Neat, I may take mine to the next event.

Do you have any experience shooting the A1's slung at longer distances?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  I know an Appleseed instructor in training who can shoot timed AQTs all day long and make 210+ pretty much every time.   He uses a stock 452 LUX model equipped with a usgi sling.   He is just a machine with a bolt-action.

I've seen other shooters do as well using Savage Mk IIs.  Working the bolt does tend to  break your natural point of aim (taught during Appleseed), but you can train yourself to re-acquire it rapidly and finish the stage in the time allotted.  It will be challenging.  10-rd mags are helpful, but not necessary.

The  AQT  is derived   from a course of fire that is  decades old,   originally developed for the  1903 Springfield  using 5-rd stripper clips.    You would simply be going old-school.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Better than nothing
View Quote

Found yer problem. The quality of the instruction is dependent on the quality of the instructor. It is a basic rifle marksmanship course and with good instructors pretty much EVERYONE will benefit. If you went through the course and thought it was of no use to you, I'd like to see your perfect target. If you went into it expecting a fighting rifle course like Gunsite or Pat Rodger's offers, then it's no surprise you were disappointed.

Appleseed is a program that is intended to take novice shooters from a position of zero experience with rifles to the ability to shoot less than 4 MOA with irons or unmagnified optics from field positions. Experienced shooters are reminded of the fundamentals and get an opportunity to identify and eliminate bad habits. It is an outstanding course for rifle marksmanship. It is not a combat course but the fundamentals can dramatically improve your effectiveness in a combat course.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Hmm,

My main question.  

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/CQBR_zpsaadbcc8f.png

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/19B0257C-8D62-4E2E-83AC-44BAD15F856F-17070-00000A472B595590_zps1cdfb1d4.jpg

View Quote

It would be really hard with the single shot, but you could get in some darn good practice. I took my old school T-bolt and barely missed getting my rifleman patch even though I only had one 5rd mag. I would empty the mag and then feed them in with my trigger pulling hand. I found that if I held the rounds just right in my hand that they weren't too bad to feed in. I just needed the extra 2-3 shots I couldn't get off due to time since I had to blast away to get as many shots on paper as possible.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah 'cause people should teach stuff for free because racism.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hmm,

My main question.  

<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/CQBR_zpsaadbcc8f.png.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/CQBR_zpsaadbcc8f.png</a>
<a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/19B0257C-8D62-4E2E-83AC-44BAD15F856F-17070-00000A472B595590_zps1cdfb1d4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/19B0257C-8D62-4E2E-83AC-44BAD15F856F-17070-00000A472B595590_zps1cdfb1d4.jpg</a>

View Quote

Use the AR. Learn to shoot that well. SBRs are not intrinsically less accurate than longer barreled ARs so you should have no trouble at 25m. If ammo is the concern, then buy a 10/22 with tech sights or a conversion kit for your AR. Of course, .22lr is still not that easy to come by, either....
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Ok the NPOA thing has convinced me to go with a 10/22 rather than a CZ 452

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Weaver makes rings that will allow a forward or rearward offset:http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_bases/rings/detachable_top_mount/default.aspx.

I would ask you if it is possible that the scope is already to far forward with your current set-up.  Try moving the scope, without the tops of the rings installed, backward and forward, repositioning your rings if necessary.  In my experience, a tiny viewing aperture through a scope means that it is mounted too far away from the user's eye.  Start from the beginning, and see how things go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weaver makes rings that will allow a forward or rearward offset:http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_bases/rings/detachable_top_mount/default.aspx.

I would ask you if it is possible that the scope is already to far forward with your current set-up.  Try moving the scope, without the tops of the rings installed, backward and forward, repositioning your rings if necessary.  In my experience, a tiny viewing aperture through a scope means that it is mounted too far away from the user's eye.  Start from the beginning, and see how things go.

Thank you very much, I ordered the rings when I read this, and got them today.
They are perfect. I now have a good clean sight picture in prone. I have to chicken neck in standing to get the full field of the scope, but that is a good thing.
The rear of my scope is not approx. flush with the back of the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got this issue with my bolt gun fixed also.
After I posted this, I went on line to buy a couple spare mags for the Mossberg M44. They had larger magazines and I got them a few days ago. This is stupid, but I don't know how many they hold, but it is at least 13 because I have been practicing for this weekend and began each session with a Redcoat. But, I have never tried to load one to capacity......maybe it holds 15 ? Anyway, I can now load 8 and 2. As an added bonus, the much longer mag is much easier to make the mag changes with. The original factory mags just barely stick below the gun. These new larger capacity mags stick out like 3 inches.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#48]
got my rifle together

if I fail to shoot well, I won't be able to blame the gear

(I might need to get an extended scope rail to let me go one or two more notches forward for eye relief)
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

got my rifle together

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d157/Gatordonald/Arfjunk/6FDB23AD-E33E-4CCD-AF0F-367117A9F7C3_zpssscszpyq.jpg

(I might need to get an extended scope rail to let me go one or two more notches forward for eye relief)
View Quote

Sexy rifle.

Yeah, I think you're gonna have big time eye relief problems with it in its current config.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sexy rifle.

Yeah, I think you're gonna have big time eye relief problems with it in its current config.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
got my rifle together

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d157/Gatordonald/Arfjunk/6FDB23AD-E33E-4CCD-AF0F-367117A9F7C3_zpssscszpyq.jpg

Sexy rifle.

it's ok seated and standing... it's too close prone
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top