Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
:  people who are docile, compliant, or easily influenced :  people likened to sheep

James Nichols, who ran the family farm here, stamped dollar bills with red ink in protest against currency and told his neighbors that they were “sheeple” for obeying authority like livestock. — Sara Rimer and James Bennet

Apple's debuted a battery case for the juice-sucking iPhone—an ungainly lumpy case the sheeple will happily shell out $99 for. — Doug Criss

Merriam-Webster

I saw it on MacRumors. They're upset for some reason...
View Quote

I like my Apple products, but they can pretty much go suck it for all I care anymore.  Every product "improvement" seems like more a way to separate you from your money to buy more crap for something that is already expensive.

No ear jack on ip7...instead you need to buy and replace something that gets lost easily...a dongle.
No USB ports...yup...go buy a dongle.
No Optical drive on any of the computers.  Yep...go buy an external disc drive...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Who the hell cares what other phones/computers people prefer?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who the hell cares what other phones/computers people prefer?
View Quote
Beats me. My only criteria is can I shitpost with it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Sent from my iPad Pro 9.7"
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like apple for the warranty

I have a no contract carrier

samsung laughed at me when I purchased a brand new phone and asked about a warranty

so baaaaa

baaaa

ba
View Quote
I like the ability to go to the Apple Store to have my phone repaired once it's out of warranty.  When I had an Android, I had to go through my carrier and got a refurbished phone in the mail.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Battery sucking what?

My 7+ does an easy two days on a charge, with fairly heavy use.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One fucking mouse button?  What the hell am I supposed to do with that?
View Quote
Click it!

Sent from my iPad pro
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I've gone through two Samsung tables in the last 4 years vs the wifes Ipad she's had for like 5 years.  And her battery lasts a lot longer on a charge.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I dont even want to think about who and how much apple had to pay to make that happen
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The major airlines (and most of the minor ones) provide an Ipad to each pilot, for use as an EFB.  (Electronic flight bag)

It replaces all of the Charts, Maps, Manuals and documents that used to be carried in those big leather flight kits.    

It's difficult to explain how amazing that is, that an off the shelf product can replace so many critical functions; and that it can be reliable enough and rugged enough for everyday use.
I dont even want to think about who and how much apple had to pay to make that happen
I never thought about it before, but it's damned near impossible to get the Feds to approve anything new...maybe Apple .... Helped...

The fact is though, Ipad is The perfect solution, and it happens to be off the shelf, and very cheap (by aviation standards).   Management wanted it because its cheaper and Pilots wanted it because its lighter and easier than doing paper revisions.   It also adds extra funtionality like weather maps, etc.         Truthfully, its a Godsend.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:14:53 AM EDT
[#10]
GD loves first world problems

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's the bitch of it.

I need the damn thing to work like a Box end wrench.

It's a liability to have to dick with it, when the objective is to simply turn a nut.

Android requires constant fucking with things, and options that are open ended.

Adapt or endlessly tinker.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fought Apple as long as I could.  I didnt want to go to Apple but Android forced me.  My $500 Google phone and Android OS were both piles of shit, so I sadly went to Apple.  Next time have a better product and dont be a total shithead company, Google and I wont go to Apple.  Seems simple, doesnt it?

That's the bitch of it.

It's a liability to have to dick with it, when the objective is to simply turn a nut.

What are you having to constantly fuck with?
I turn my android phone on and it works.

I have heard this a couple of times and I am curious.
Serious question.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an iPhone 5s and the battery last for 2 days or so. Why would I have spent more money on a non iPhone just to be different? The 5s makes phone calls, texts and has Internet access.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know about apple phones much but their macs sure are useless.
View Quote
There are so many clueless morons in this world
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#14]
You know all those android commercials you see on tv?
They were made on Apple Macs

And if you ever fly again, it's an IPad that got you there
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#15]
The irony here is an OP from NJ complaining about blind obedience.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Glocks are closer to Samsung.

They're both known to explode.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Lol.  ITT: A lot of exaggerated bullshit flying from both sides of the fence.

Android works fine.  Apple works fine.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The irony here is an OP from NJ complaining about blind obedience.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Point to the doll where that bad Apple touched you.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Point to the doll where that bad Apple touched you.  
View Quote
I have an iPhone and I've had MBPs. I just posted the story from Macrumors.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Clearly you don't know much a fucking thing about Macs either.
View Quote
Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Apple is for cucks
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#24]
I remember shit like this when I was in middle school. I always thought it was because we were kids. Now I see age has nothing to do with it.

Retarded thread is retarded.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like apple for the warranty

I have a no contract carrier

samsung laughed at me when I purchased a brand new phone and asked about a warranty

so baaaaa

baaaa

ba
View Quote
Samsung now has Samsung Protection Plus.  Which is similar to Apple Care.  Before that there were several other plans you could have chosen.  I am a huge android fan but broke down and sold my android tablet and bought a iPad Air 2 because I use it mainly for my DJI Phantom 4 and I am tired of the work around to get it to connect to the my Phantom 4.  Don't count on me getting an iPhone anytime soon though.  I love my galaxy S6 too much.  Plus I can use Samsung pay almost anywhere.  Apple pay only works on NFC credit card machines.  It will be interesting to see if Apple licenses LoopPay from Samsung or finds some way to get around the patent or just leave it totally out of the iPhone 8.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't know about apple phones much but their macs sure are useless.
View Quote
Yeah there's absolutely nothing you can do with a 15" Retina display MacBook. I tried to nail a fence with one, tried to go on the internet, swat flies...can't find one use for it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Juice sucking iPhone? My personal phone is a 6s plus. My company phone is a galaxy s7. I can go whole days of heavy use without charging the iPhone and can leave it idle for days without it running out of juice. The galaxy runs out of battery if you leave it out on the counter overnight and is dead in a matter of three hours or so of continuous use.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm on my third Android phone since 2010. I'm not sure what "fucking around" is necessary. Mine have always worked and worked well.

Last two have been Samsung Galaxy models, and I can't tell you how many times an iPhone user has marveled at the quality of pictures from my camera, or Samsung Pay, or the direct Wi-Fi file transfer between other Samsung devices, or a multitude of other things over the years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Apple is for cucks
View Quote
Apple does what I need it to do, and does it well. The guys who rendered these iOS apps below haven't been able to do this for Android or Windows based tablets.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#30]
You are fake news

Sent from my iPhone7
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Apples are the glocks of the computer world.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Pretty much.

So useless that my G4, despite being well over 10 years old, runs very nicely (with the original monitor too).  The only downside is that it's a bit of a wind-tunnel.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#34]
My 4s has been through hell and back and still keeps running. Will I buy one of the new Iphones? Fuck no, nothing but problems.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#35]
This thread is tarded.

And so is Android.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Only apple products I like are the iPhone and iPad. Their computers are overly expensive for what you get.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I use Galaxy phones but have an iMac as a home computer. Since I'm not into fucking around with computers, this thing is perfect for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Both Mrs. O's and my iphone, had bad touchscreens 5 months in.
Never buying another
View Quote
And my iPhone 4 lasted for years without a problem before the battery started draining quickly.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Serious question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fought Apple as long as I could.  I didnt want to go to Apple but Android forced me.  My $500 Google phone and Android OS were both piles of shit, so I sadly went to Apple.  Next time have a better product and dont be a total shithead company, Google and I wont go to Apple.  Seems simple, doesnt it?

That's the bitch of it.

Serious question.
My last phone was a Google Nexus 6P.  It was a decent quality phone, not bargain basement.  Bought from Google, made for Google.  It was uncracked or modded in any way.  Within 6 month the issues started.  First it stopped charging plugged into the wall with the factory power block.  Used a different one and then it worked again just slower.  Then the supplied cable stopped working, got an aftermarket one and it worked again.  Then it wouldnt charge through the wall at all.  No problem just have to charge through the USB port.  Then the cable stopped working with the USB, had to use the really short one.  Then the wifi started dropping off all the time, but my laptop was fine on the same connection.  Then wouldnt connect at all to the wifi, had to only use mobile data all the time.  Then the charging cable had to be fucked with to get it to charge at all.  Then USB charging was intermittent.  Then updated to the newest release of whatever their horseshit OS at the time was and all hell broke loose.  Then the day before my international flight it stopped charging at all. Excellent timing.  So I start the trip with like 40% battery life, so obviously cant use it for anything because you dont know when you will have a working phone again.  It wouldnt connect to airport wifi no matter what you did.  Literally everyone in the airport has free wifi except me.  Cant coordinate with anyone meeting me in a foreign country where I have no data of course. Got to where I was going and borrowed a phone till I did my research and bought an iphone7.  Never looked back.  

If I wanted to fuck around all day to just go about my business Id buy a French car.    I dont have time for all that horse shit.   Just ridiculous.  

Forgot to mention:  Have a friend who also had the 6P and within 6 months his motherboard went out and was replaced under warranty.  Then before 1 year his speakers went out and needed to be replaced.  So of the two Nexus 6P's both had catastrophic failures within 6 months time.  So 0/2 for Google. Next.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My last phone was a Google Nexus 6P.  It was a decent quality phone, not bargain basement.  Bought from Google, made for Google.  It was uncracked or modded in any way.  Within 6 month the issues started.  First it stopped charging plugged into the wall with the factory power block.  Used a different one and then it worked again just slower.  Then the supplied cable stopped working, got an aftermarket one and it worked again.  Then it wouldnt charge through the wall at all.  No problem just have to charge through the USB port.  Then the cable stopped working with the USB, had to use the really short one.  Then the wifi started dropping off all the time, but my laptop was fine on the same connection.  Then wouldnt connect at all to the wifi, had to only use mobile data all the time.  Then the charging cable had to be fucked with to get it to charge at all.  Then USB charging was intermittent.  Then updated to the newest release of whatever their horseshit OS at the time was and all hell broke loose.  Then the day before my international flight it stopped charging at all. Excellent timing.  So I start the trip with like 40% battery life, so obviously cant use it for anything because you dont know when you will have a working phone again.  It wouldnt connect to airport wifi no matter what you did.  Literally everyone in the airport has free wifi except me.  Cant coordinate with anyone meeting me in a foreign country where I have no data of course. Got to where I was going and borrowed a phone till I did my research and bought an iphone7.  Never looked back.  

If I wanted to fuck around all day to just go about my business Id buy a French car.    I dont have time for all that horse shit.   Just ridiculous.  

Forgot to mention:  Have a friend who also had the 6P and within 6 months his motherboard went out and was replaced under warranty.  Then before 1 year his speakers went out and needed to be replaced.  So of the two Nexus 6P's both had catastrophic failures within 6 months time.  So 0/2 for Google. Next.
View Quote
For an alternate viewpoint, I had to switch from a 6P to a 7+ for work.  The iPhone is worse in almost every meaningful category, and most frustratingly, its all things that could be so easily corrected.  The fact that I can't put apps and widgets exactly where I want them is simply idiotic.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

For an alternate viewpoint, I had to switch from a 6P to a 7+ for work.  The iPhone is worse in almost every meaningful category, and most frustratingly, its all things that could be so easily corrected.  The fact that I can't put apps and widgets exactly where I want them is simply idiotic.
View Quote
Are you referring to moving App icons around on the screen?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I use iPhone, my wife has a Samsung.  Every time she hands me her phone to show me something, the UI is so inconsistent and busy that it inevitably winds up putting me in the calendar or something.   Don't swipe over here, don't swipe over there, don't for God's sake inadvertently touch the side buttons. You'll wind up in some completely unrelated app with no idea how you got there or how to get back.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Its a damn phone people, not a dektop computer.

I have nothing but Apple products because they're simple. I avoid complication. I have had two Android phones and hated them. If it takes me more than two steps to make a call, its too complicated.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Androids suck.

/thread
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Both Mrs. O's and my iphone, had bad touchscreens 5 months in.
Never buying another
View Quote
Try not putting the phone in your backpocket.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I use iPhone, my wife has a Samsung.  Every time she hands me her phone to show me something, the UI is so inconsistent and busy that it inevitably winds up putting me in the calendar or something.   Don't swipe over here, don't swipe over there, don't for God's sake inadvertently touch the side buttons. You'll wind up in some completely unrelated app with no idea how you got there or how to get back.
View Quote
Those things are just problems for you because you're used to an iPhone. Same way as when I pick up an iPhone I find it clunky, but I can move pretty fast and gracefully with my Samsung phones.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, we'll tell you what you can do and how you'll work. Think Different. LOL The two words "options" and "customization" are seldom heard in the Appleverse.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#48]
when you are live with no room for error you have to go mac

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havent minded most of that.  The scroll speed is annoying though. But as long as the phone works then I can deal with it.  I sure put up with a lot before the 6P refused to work at all.  Its not like Im asking a lot.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Apple in terms of their desktops and laptops are easily the best values out there.  Especially if you want higher performance.  I definitely dont rub it in, but I always chuckle a bit to myself when PC users see my mac.  Dont worry mates, 2-3 years and _maybe_ you will be able to pick up a PC that is this fast.  Maybe that is a little smug, but again, its a Mac, some people dont research their purchase and thats is hardly my problem.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top