Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I remember Plato's Retreat in NYC, it was a first for me when a girl invited me to go with her. It was a lotta money to get in, lockers and a towel that did not reach around, kinda wierd to see a  couple undress and seeing some awesome pie right there in the locker room.  DJ music with a disco, a fishbowl orgy room, a labyrnth maze of rooms where all kinds of sex was going on, swimming pool with a waterfall, lots of pie. yeah lots of pie. No liquor though, went once never went back , woulda went back if some hot babe invited me.....I heard they opened a place in South Florida with the same name but stuff like that does not flourish here....

I shudder to think what that would look like in South Florida, with all those old people

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How the hell is it even legal for a place like that to exist?

Is that like saying "nobody needs a military assault rifle" ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this the Christian Temperance Union meeting?  

I was out in the hall, wandering around when I heard a lot of self-righteous bullshit.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:13:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:18:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How the hell is it even legal for a place like that to exist?

Is that like saying "nobody needs a military assault rifle" ?

Nope.

Not at all!

Why would you even think of equating the Constitutionally secured RKBA with such filth?

Such idiocy should be so obvious as to make your hands tremble as you typed that reply!

It may very well be that you have the right to park your penis in any willing 'garage', but for Land's Sakes, don't try and relate it to the noble and righteous freedom that we have secured in the Second Amendment!

Please!

The Founding fathers were totally unconcerned about your or anyone else's prick.

Understand?

Eric The(Ruffled)Hun

So you will stand up for the 2nd but not the 1st?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:24:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Post from bgcc11 -

So you will stand up for the 2nd but not the 1st?

I love the First Amendment almost as much as the Second, but let's be reasonable.

Without the Second, the First is always at the mercy of the Central Government.

That said, please explain what part of the First Amendment was designed by the Founding Fathers to protect where you wish to place your wiener!

Eric The(SharpeningHisKnife)Hun

What part of the Constitution gives the government the power to regulate where people put their wieners?

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#9]
The question was not where one parks his dick. The question was, "How is it legal for a place like this to exist".
That's like someone saying " How is it legal for civilians to attend Blackwater"
BTW
The brain is the best weapon we have in our arsenal to protect our constitution.
Dont ya thank?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#10]

No thanks. All I can think about is an HIV and STD factory...

+1
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:35:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I lived for awhile in San Fran...    I wouldn't even know where to start will what I have seen.

How often did you visit Fire Island while you were there???
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:37:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Post from Kharn -

What part of the Constitution gives the government the power to regulate where people put their wieners?

Generally, none that I can think of, but that isn't the question, now, is it?

We are talking of protected and secured rights, here.

Not wishful thinking!

Please discuss!

ETA - Is there any basis for denying a person the right to park his penis in the garage of an 'underaged' owner?

Then whatever the right may be cannot be absolute, can it?

If there is a right to begin with!

Eric The(Historical)Hun

Actions do not have to be protected rights to be outside the Constitutional realm of government oversight.  And lets keep this to a discusison about the regulation of consenting adults, not involving kids.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:43:16 AM EDT
[#13]
^ exactly ^

Quoted:
The question was not where one parks his dick. The question was, "How is it legal for a place like this to exist".
That's like someone saying " How is it legal for civilians to attend Blackwater"
BTW
The brain is the best weapon we have in our arsenal to protect our constitution.
Dont ya thank?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:45:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:49:16 AM EDT
[#15]
ETH:
If its a public health issue, fine, close the places.
But if they're going about it "safely" (ie big fricken bowls of condoms and dental dams all over the place) and it is not a public health risk, then where does the government have the power to regulate on the basis of moral/immoral activity?

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:51:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Post from Kharn -

Actions do not have to be protected rights to be outside the Constitutional realm of government oversight.

Absolutely!

But don't prance about calling 'parking your penis' where you wish a 'constitutional' right, or one that is 'co-equal' with the Second Amendment, or anything else so profane and idiotic, as others have!  

And lets keep this to a discusison about the regulation of consenting adults, not involving kids.

Why not?

Oh, BTW, here's a little snippet from a legal website, let's see your take on it:

"Early in the AIDS crisis, many gay-rights activists appealed to claimed rights associated with "sexual freedom" to resist the closing of the gay bathhouses in San Francisco, where unprotected sexual activity was rampant. Some entrepreneurs asserted rights associated with "free enterprise." But other citizens challenged these rights claims in the interest of public health.

"Ultimately, the public health interest prevailed and the bathhouses were closed down. Throughout the controversy, however, the debate was structured by law and the language of law. Words such as "claims," "immunities," "powers," and "liberties" are part an parcel of the language of rights. These words are used to define societal relationships, but are different in kind from other words that also define societal relationships, such as love, friendship, respect, or envy. The language of rights is about enforceable entitlements. Rights are interests constituted by law and enforceable by governments. Love, friendship, etc. are not constituted by law; rather they emanate from the individual — "and we don’t look to governments to enforce them."

Are you agreeable with the notion that the government can close down 'gay bath houses' in the name of public health?

Are you comfortable with that idea?

Does it offend your sense of what personal rights are, or are not, covered in the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

Please discuss.

Eric The(Professorial)Hun

You're still debating a point no one has made.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Back in college I would have slammed three shots of whisky, induced an impressive quantity of other random chemicals into my body, checked the deordorant, walked in, and shagged some serious pie until the place closed....

These days....nah.  I go to be early cause I've got responsibilities n stuff.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Back in college I would have slammed three shots of whisky, induced bunch of other random chemicals into my body, checked the deordorant, walked in, and shagged some serious pie until the place closed....

These days....nah.  I go to be early cause I've got responsibilities n stuff.

There's always retirement to look forward to
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:55:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:58:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:02:39 AM EDT
[#21]
EricTheHun:

The very same public health factors that could compel a government shut of gay bath houses in San Francisco could very well shut down a 'sex club' in Florida, could it not?

Most likely, yes.

What would your reaction be IF the State of Florida attempted to shut down this 'sex club' for the same reasons as the gay bath houses?

As long as the law passes Constitutional scrutiny, then its ok.

I mean, after all, it's activities that are just as protected as the RKBA, is it not?

I never said that, there's a difference between protected by the Constitution and not among the regulatory powers granted to the govt by the same.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:04:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Post from bgcc11 -

You're still debating a point no one has made.

Cat got your tongue, eh?

That's what I thought.

Do you think that the 'right' to park your penis someplace you wish is co-extensive with your RKBA?

That's all that I wish to see answered.

Or discussed.

Eric The(Obstreperous)Hun

My tongue being occupied by a pussy is not currently relevant.
Neither is constitutional right of where to park my dick relevant to the the question being debated here.
[ How is it legal for a place like this to exist?]
^ That's the question ^
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:12:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:13:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I thought we were talking about booty here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:16:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Nice reply, Kharn!

I bristle at the notion that we've had more than 200 years of liberty, with millions of men fighting and dying to defend the right to park your wiener in someone else's garage.

Period!

These soldier/citizens fought for noble and lofty purposes, and not this bullshiite rampant sexual perversions!

So, whatever you do, don't tell me that 'nude dancing' is a protected activity under the First Amendment to the same degree, extent, whatever, with the RKBA under the Second Amendment!

That dog don't hunt around these parts!

Eric The(Serious)Hun

Again
Where one parks his dick is not the question being debated here.
But
If you want to bring up soldiers; Betty Grable's ass was the absolute motivation to kill a fascist during WWII. The pursuit of Betty Grable's ass was the freedom our soldiers were defending.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Post from bgcc11 -

Again
Where one parks his dick is not the question being debated here.
But
If you want to bring up soldiers; Betty Grable's ass was the absolute motivation to kill a fascist during WWII. The pursuit of Betty Grable's ass was the freedom our soldiers were defending.

grableonline.tripod.com/betty001.jpg

Still haven't gotten the point, eh?

'Absolute motivation'???

Betty Grable's ass?

Are you watching the Playboy History Channel again, son?

Eric The(Hysterical)Hun

The point is "how can a place like that be legal?"
That unamerican question is the question being debated here.
Not the distraction you introduced ("where one parks his dick").
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:46:06 AM EDT
[#31]
how can this place be legal? easy it's a matter of freedom. gotta remember, you dont have a right to happiness, etc. Just because you don't approve of what others do means it has to be illegal. I think these sex clubs are perfectly legal under the guise of freedom. I mean I do find them to be somewhat morally reprehensible, but I'm not about to say close them down. I mean nobody is making me go to them, I don't care for them so I stay the hell out. period.

ETH: It is comparible to the 2nd in the fact that the same attitude is taken to these clubs as is taken with assault weapons and such. if you don't like it, then don't go to it. same with the guns, if you don't like em, don't buy em. PERIOD.

They're private clubs and from what i've heard, they're well concealed. They're not SCREAMING out saying "hey lotsa sex here! come on in!!!!!" all over the front of the building. In fact it sounds like something that would take place in some upscale fancy home belonging to some aristocratic british family who enjoy exploring the more primal areas of human nature.

Not my forte, but hey, to each his/her own.

EDIT: and yes it does scream of disease factory, but again, no one's MAKING you go to it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#32]
No, I have not.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:02:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
For those that want to got to one of these places..........have at it.  People can live a long time with AIDS now days.

Unfortunatly this is true.

It used to be the case that darwinism was treated swiftly, also helping out population control and cleaning humanity of the ignorant.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Eric,

I don't want a sex club in my town.  I went to one titty bar in my life, and I'll not go back.  I felt the atmosphere there was bizzare--I genuinely felt sorry for everyone in that place.

The BOR are there, there is no denying it, and it is the law.  There is no provision guaranteeing a persons right to shake titties as a business.  All that said--and I'm sorry this is going more off topic--the BOR should be interpreted simply as: "The Constitution defines and binds the power of the Federal government.  If a power isn't defined in this document, it doesn't exist.  Here are just ten 10 examples of powers this document does not allow...."  I think the BOR was a mistake as it attempts to define what is not included in a document, which is ilogical, and leads people to think these are the only right we have.  The BOR is/was an insult to the very notion of a limited government.   I guess I'm just saying that sometimes the BOR cuts; sometimes it heals.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:36:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#37]
pics?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:44:44 AM EDT
[#40]
damn....

My wife and I looked into that place for our honeymoon.  Opted for St. Lucia instead.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pics?

Posted them several years ago. None would survive the current CoC.

They caused a proper stir back then too, if The Neutral Observer is not mistaken.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:57:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
SEEMS LIKE WE'RE BECOMING MORE AND MORE LIKE THE EUROPEANS, GOD HELP US.

There are now sex and S&M clubs in some cities in India.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#45]
full body condoms?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:02:27 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
SEEMS LIKE WE'RE BECOMING MORE AND MORE LIKE THE EUROPEANS, GOD HELP US.

No way.  We're WAY more kinky than those dweebs.

Now where did I put that goat?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:02:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Post from bgcc11 -

The point is "how can a place like that be legal?"

That was the question being debated until you linked that right with the RKBA, as I've pointed out above.

With that linkage, I have asked you to defend your statements and you have failed to do so.

That unamerican question is the question being debated here.

It was until you attempted to link it with the RKBA!

'Baby, things change.' ~ Dwight Yoakum.

Not the distraction you introduced ("where one parks his dick").

The distraction was introduced by you, my friend, and I will not let it rest until you either acknowledge that the right to operate a sex club is NOWHERE protected in the US Constitution or by any other ennumerated, secured right in the Bill of Rights, unlike the RKBA, or defend your statements!

That distraction is just the sort of wiggle room that the enemies of the RKBA seek to establish!

BTW, what do you think of the City of San Francisco's decision to close down the 'sex clubs' in that city?

I know that these 'sex clubs' were 'merely' gay bath houses, but the principle should be the same, right?

Eric The(GettingImpatient)Hun

There is a constitutional right to this, its the 9th amendment.   Not everything has to be enumerated, and I grow tired of you and your ilk's constant arguments in defense of controlling other people's lives because you disagree with them, spawned by your religious beliefs.  

If you don't like sex clubs, don't go to them.   If you don't like homosexuality, don't be gay.   If you don't like guns, don't own them.   What a difficult concept.

..and you know what else?  I don't care if the constitution enumerates it or not, freedom isn't granted by a document - I will not let mine be restricted by any person, regardlss if their 'power' comes from a political document or their religious tomes.  

Live free or die.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
who invited jimmy swaggart? or, is that 'oral' roberts i'm hearing in the pulpit?

Wrong and wrong.  Slick Willy.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top