Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I searched his site and can find NO KNIFE in Richards story. thompsondd where did you dig up the knife comment in your first post ?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry:  you bring a gun to a confrontation that you are initiating and you will quickly find yourself on the wrong end of hte law.

Poor bastard- I would have been more creative.

Hey buddy, lets go sailing i the gulf of Mexico.

KERPLUNK- I told you not to get wrapped up in the anchor.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#6]
As a local family law judge loves to say when a woman is crying on the stand about how her hubby beat her and forced her to snort coke and have sex at all hours of the day in odd positions, etc.

"Snow-White doesn't marry Godzilla."

I have added my corrollary:  Prince Charming doesn't marry the wicked Witch of hte West
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Whole thing is just fucking sad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I searched his site and can find NO KNIFE in Richards story. thompsondd where did you did up the knife comment in your first post ?

from many years ago when I first learned about the story.

ETA: I have an email out to my friend asking what happened to that part of the story.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I searched his site and can find NO KNIFE in Richards story. thompsondd where did you did up the knife comment in your first post ?

Since no one else mentions it, even Richard himself says nothing of a knife when he shot the scumbag why do you think its accurate to repeat it here ?

Before your e-mail edit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since no one else mentions it, even Richard himself says nothing of a knife when he shot the scumbag why do you think its accurate to repeat it here ?

Before your e-mail edit.

That's alright. I yanked it out of the original post unless I hear otherwise. I had noticed the same thing myself (no mention of what I thought I recalled) so I was checking it myself.

It would help answer Bama-Shooters question about self-defense.

It's not surprising, the mind is the first thing that they say goes......................

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
The 'right thing' is what you do when nobody is looking.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn I can get so disappointed sometimes with people on this site. I am not going to read all of the handwringing posts after the first page. I would have dispatched this pos shit poste haste with no regrets. If the law is so limp wristed that it can do nothing then I will. I however am not a 70+ year old man and would  not get caught. He would just cease to exist.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ah Paul my friend I'm afraid you have hit the crux of the thread for most people in todays world have never been confronted with the question what they would give their life for.

+1.

If something is that important, then you do what you have to.

Can't imagine what the founding fathers must have been thinking, going to war and putting their lives at risk over an idea set forth on parchment. Their families might have been without them.

We should all let our children die or be tormented. After all, we can have more. They only get one set of parents. It would be unfair to them to make a personal choice, and then take the punishment standing.

The world of today lacks true ideals and convictions. The fact that most people lack something of substance that they would lay their life down for, be it prison or death, is a sad thing indeed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That's alright. I yanked it out of the original post unless I hear otherwise. I had noticed the same thing myself (no mention of what I thought I recalled) so I was checking it myself.

It would help answer Bama-Shooters question about self-defense.

It's not surprising, the mind is the first thing that they say goes......................

I wanted the husband to have a knife I really did. Even if it was a throw down.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#15]
He sounds like an upstanding guy

- James
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
While I agree that some people just need killing, murder is murder, plain and simple and nothing can be done to excuse it. There were other choices besides A) do nothing or B) kill the bastard.

Half of your statement is true ("some people just need killing"), the other half sounds like it came out of the mouth of Alan Alda.  WTF??  We don't have multiple personalities. do we?

Yes we do!

No we don't!

Yes we do!

You be quiet!

No, YOU be quiet!

No, YOU be quiet!

(just kidding, of course)

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Tag for further consideration and forwarding when I get home and can email.

-K
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
While I agree that some people just need killing, murder is murder, plain and simple and nothing can be done to excuse it. There were other choices besides A) do nothing or B) kill the bastard.

In this case!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought most states had a 'disparity of force' law? For example, 3 guys jumping another guy and its a good shoot, or a 220lb man attacking a 100lb woman? A ~50yo attacking an ~80yo would most likely qualify.

If he'd used proper shot placement and a large enough cartridge, he probably could've walked.  One .45 to the forehead and a simple "He attacked me! I'm 80yo and cant defend myself physically" should have been all any jury needed to acquit if he'd done it in a room with no witnesses.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#20]
There are too few good men like him around these days. That's the mettle America used to be made of, as a father my heart and respect goes out to him, he did a father's duty.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top