User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck it, it's gotta happen eventually, lets knock the rotten piece of shit down, roll up our sleeves and rebuild...

Sounds perfect and clearly the only viable solution..only one problem with the plan:  everyone has their own take on shit and even on a "conservative" forum we have about 15 ways to look at the same thing. You see here in America we're not all guided by one ignorant faith to all point us in the "right" direction, we all do our best to make the right decisions or at least what we perceive to be..and so frankly good or bad, we'd be about as tribal as the middle east ever was.

We have states for a reason.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Standard and Poors downgrades, suddenly finds itself in a government investigation.

Chicago strong-arm politics at its finest.

I suspect that a reprisal "investigation" of the next rating agency isn't going to fool anyone this time.  And I DO believe that even among his supporters, he will have used up his "goodwill."

–– John

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:00:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Both parties are to blame, which makes sense because they are both two sides of the same coin.

Obama's economic policy has differed little from that of Bush.

Both signed massive spending increases into law.

Both have cut taxes.

Both supported and implemented inflationary policies (Ben Bernanke)

Both supported TARP and the bankster bailouts.

Before you blame everything on the "librul congress", remember that Republicans controlled Congress from 2000 to 2006.

And remember that it was Dick Cheney, hero to many here, that told us "deficits don't matter".

This is the absolute truth, even though many here don't want to admit it. The only solution I see is hitting the reset button. Get ready for hell.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both parties are to blame, which makes sense because they are both two sides of the same coin.

Both have cut taxes.

Before you blame everything on the "librul congress", remember that Republicans controlled Congress from 2000 to 2006.

And remember that it was Dick Cheney, hero to many here, that told us "deficits don't matter".

Do you really believe that Republicans are as much responsible for the deficit as Democrats?

I mean, come on now.

Oh, and both parties did not support Obamacare.......wait until that one kicks in!!

Let's see.  Under Bush, we had two wars, No Child Left Behind, Department of Homeland Security, and Medicare Part D.  Prior to Obama, we had had Republican presidents for 20 of the last 28 years.  Over that time, the deficit went from $1 trillion to over $10 trillion.

The democrats have only "controlled everything" for 4 of the last 32 years.  That's it.  Both parties are worthless and both deserve the blame.

The idea that Republicans are "fiscally conservative" has about as much truth to it as the "democrats care about the little guy".  Both slogans are complete bullshit.  Only those blinded by partisan allegiance can fail to see the truth.  If only they would step back, they would see that both the left and the right are mere puppets, controlled by a single master.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BECAUSE THE FUCKING GOD DAMN DEMOCRATS DON'T WANT TO CUT BACK ON SPENDING, THE WANT TO CONTINUE TO SPEND, SPEND, SPEND, AND SPEND!

Red Team vs. Blue Team, blah blah blah.  No one gives a fuck anymore.  They're all on the take.  There is no solution to this shit, and no one wants to take the blame for the inescapable eventuality.  They should all burn, every last one of them.  Europe is a fraud and is fucked, China is a fraud and is fucked.  We're a fraud and we're fucked.  Everybody's fucked.  I know the pain that is coming, and you know what, I'm glad the markets still believe all the bullshit that is funneled out of the rumor mill daily, because I'm not quite where I want to be when everything goes boom; and boom it will go.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both have cut taxes.

Do you really believe that Republicans are as much responsible for the deficit as Democrats?

I mean, come on now.

Oh, and both parties did not support Obamacare.......wait until that one kicks in!!

Both parties are responsible.  Both parties voted to get rid of  the Glass Steagall Act.  This allowed for derivative trading which created the financial mess we're in.  Both parties pushed NAFTA through. It was conceived during the Reagan Administration and could not be pushed through by Bush.  It sailed through under Clinton.  Free trade backfired on the middle class when their jobs got exported to the third world nations.  The big winners were the multinational agricultural corporations.  They wiped out a small Mexican farmers who then immigrated illegally to the US to seek work (so they can feed their families).  Over 11,000,000 middle class production jobs were lost because of free trade.

Both parties also voted for TARP which transferred the burden of private debt onto the American taxpayer.  Why should we the people cover the losses of investors who invested poorly?  They didn't share their profits when they were making it?  Second, the removal of Glass Stegall allowed banks to shift their bad investments over to their savings, giving investors dibs on the cash in most folks savings accounts.  Granted that FDIC will bail out the little guys if the investors clean out the bank, but guess who will be funding the FDIC in the end?  Same people who will be paying for Freddy Mae and Fannic Mac and Sallie Mae –– We the People.

Remember that both parties are bought and paid for by Wall Street.  That's why our congress critters vote in their interests (as if TARP was in our interest).
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

so, as soon as we have a black president, we have bad credit?  

I told him that leasing rims was a bad idea.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

could we get a cosigner?

Maybe we can put down Yellowstone as collateral.  

California

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Well this would suck for the stock market.  And for the USA as a whole.  

Hope they are wrong.
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#11]

he's lolling at your inferior neckbeard.

actually I think he's non-plussed with Obama's laughs at destroying the economy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When are they going to stop dropping turds in the toilet bowl and just flush the damn thing already.
Just flush the dang thing and get this whole mess over with. The sooner we bring on hell the sooner we can work our way out of it.

Amen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BECAUSE THE FUCKING GOD DAMN DEMOCRATS DON'T WANT TO CUT BACK ON SPENDING, THE WANT TO CONTINUE TO SPEND, SPEND, SPEND, AND SPEND!

Red Team vs. Blue Team, blah blah blah.  No one gives a fuck anymore.  They're all on the take.  There is no solution to this shit, and no one wants to take the blame for the inescapable eventuality.  They should all burn, every last one of them.  Europe is a fraud and is fucked, China is a fraud and is fucked.  We're a fraud and we're fucked.  Everybody's fucked.  I know the pain that is coming, and you know what, I'm glad the markets still believe all the bullshit that is funneled out of the rumor mill daily, because I'm not quite where I want to be when everything goes boom; and boom it will go.

And a Hallelujah!
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck it, it's gotta happen eventually, lets knock the rotten piece of shit down, roll up our sleeves and rebuild...

Sounds perfect and clearly the only viable solution..only one problem with the plan:  everyone has their own take on shit and even on a "conservative" forum we have about 15 ways to look at the same thing.  You see here in America we're not all guided by one ignorant faith to all point us in the "right" direction, we all do our best to make the right decisions or at least what we perceive to be..and so frankly good or bad, we'd be about as tribal as the middle east ever was.

And this is why:  1. It will fail, nobody can gain a consensus on a a fix, not that any of the fuckers really know what they are doing anyway, and 2. The best we can hope for is that some small piece of the American Idea survives, the nation will not. Tribe comes before nation state.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top