BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry.  I didn't hear you the first time !

Maybe I should turn up the volume on my speakers....  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Jesus H. Christ.  I go to Lake Tahoe for two days and look what you guys do.

Not that anyone cares, but I guess it's my turn to chime in.

Is there a written rule that says disputes / issues with GB or the mods should be kept private?  If there is, then shame on you SA.  If there's not, then what's the problem?

That is what seems to be the issue at hand here.  Going after spots of "trouble" instead of just things that really violate rules without question.

Seems like that's one of the growing pains of the board.  In a small community, mods can be a little more liberal in the way they enforce the rules, and that actually works [b]better[/b] than a strict "by the book" enforcement policy.  However, when you start growing as quickly as this place has, I think you have to be a little more careful in enforcement.  Else, you end up with situations like this.

A good example is DonR's comments about losing  $60.  With a small user base, everyone would know said user is a troublemaker if that is indeed the case.  With the sort of volume this place gets, there's no way I can read every post.  All the majority of people get to see is:  

"Hey, maybe you shouldn't do everything behind closed doors?"  

"Shut up or you're banned."

Can you see, DonR, how that would sort of give people the wrong idea?

All that being said, this is just another issue that will pass soon enough.  Nothing wrong with a little calm discussion about it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Sorry Ed. Didn't hear you the first time. Besides, red is much prettier. [;)]

Anyway, I already put in my .223....

USNA91 OUT!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Confederate, you make an outstanding point. It seems like every time SA has an altercation with someone, rather than settle it quietly through email, he'd rather play the martyr and parade his poor plight in front of the masses. I wonder why that is??

BTW- One more word out of you Hineline, and you're out 60 bux.
View Quote

You are right,here is a guy that loves to take take pot shots at people and try to piss them off for fun and he wants others to read this and feel bad for him.............

Ok dude I feel for you ................no,sorry that was just gas[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Santyth, you are absolutely correct. I completely forgot the fact that there are many members here who haven't been here long enough to remember Hineline's blatant contempt for the board and the members. His habit of finding a thread attacking a mod, the site, or even GoatBoy, and then dog piling on just hit me wrong. I should have handled it differently, and I admit it. Hell, I'll send him his $60 back out of my own pocket.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How truly sad that the "right" to post some sluts on a gun site is more important to you people than fighting for your gun rights.  If only you put the same effort into the latter as you people put into the former, maybe we'd have an easier time.  
View Quote

[pissed]

First of all, you don't know a God-damned thing about 99.99999% of the people on this board. Do you know how many have written letters to or called their legislators? Do you know how many are members of the NRA, GOA, JPFO, all three, or even more? Do you know how many have, in their own way, stood up to defend their rights under the 2nd?

No? Then [b]SHUT THE F*CK UP![/b]   [-!-]

The fact that we, who all agree on our rights under the 2nd Ammendment (otherwise we'd be bottom-feeding over at VPC's website), decide to argue over "sluts" on a website has NOTHING to do with our dedication to our rights.

I find your post to be snide, arrogant, holier-than-thou, and indicative of the typical megalomaniac who gets a little power and goes nuts with it.

You knee-jerked on SteyrAug's last thread, a thread that was tasteful and which he [b]specifically[/b] set up in accordance with the latest guidelines set forth by GoatBoy. If [b]you[/b] don't like those guidelines, why not take them up with GoatBoy rather than locking a thread because it [b]MIGHT[/b] go bad? Who are you, the Thought Police? Since you can obviously see so clearly into the future, would you be so kind as to give me the numbers for the next Florida Lotto?

Allow me to paraphrase YOU:

"If only you put the same effort into [b]punishing real violators[/b] as you put into [b]banning people who start threads where [i]others[/i] commit violations[/b], maybe we'd have an easier time."

"If only you put the same effort into [b]fighting for your gun rights[/b] as you put into [b]banning people who start threads where [i]others[/i] commit violations[/b], maybe we'd have an easier time."

I'm afraid that GoatBoy's defense of you may be mistakenly misguided. Every post I've seen from you leads me to conclude that you are a pompous idiot who is fully deserving of the name you've given yourself. Hopefully your stupidity won't drive many people away from what is otherwise a great web site. Judging from some of the posts above, that may already be happening. GoatBoy--This is YOUR business! Are you listening?

[b]F R E E   S T E Y R A U G![/b]

[soapbox]
View Quote

Settle down there turbo. Your attempts to be a tough guy will get you nowhere. [rolleyes]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top