Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You didn't like Resurrection?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Who the heck sends male gays to colonize a planet????

ETA: also tag
View Quote

This right here, makes zero sense.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
KP in the house!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, our first mission to establish a colony on a far, inhabitable planet, and who do they spend $492 million each on?

A gay couple who can't breed.  

Must be under a democrat administration.

Like what are they going to be?  The designated interior decorators?
View Quote

If they were really going for acceptable genetic diversity and kickstarting a colony on a  minimal footprint it would be something like 3-1 women and no monogamy allowed.

Might not send men at all actually, just jizz in a freezer, but lets ignore that possibility.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No one on here's going to watch it because there's a homosex couple in the movie lol
View Quote

Serious question. If your plan is to "colonize" a planet. Why send a gay couple who can not produce offspring?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What the fuck is a gay couple doing on a "Couples" colonization trip--whereby every seat is quite fucking valuable.
And...if homosexuality IS a genetic aberration (I was born this way, you know); why would you increase the chance of a genetic defect
in future generations?  Fucking PC bullshit in my Sci-Fi, FUCKING AGAIN..

FUCK THAT>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one on here's going to watch it because there's a homosex couple in the movie lol

What the fuck is a gay couple doing on a "Couples" colonization trip--whereby every seat is quite fucking valuable.
And...if homosexuality IS a genetic aberration (I was born this way, you know); why would you increase the chance of a genetic defect

FUCK THAT>

It's odd. By the time we have achieved the ability to travel to distant solar systems we will also have the knowledge to isolate and remove the gay gene, no?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Equal Opportunity, yo! Fuck science!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny imo.  The premise based on the trailer is they are sent out to start colonizing the planet.  Thus they send couples in order to start the new civilization.  Last I checked, 2 dudes cant reproduce, so why would you bring them on a mission to colonize a planet?  

Equal Opportunity, yo! Fuck science!

Hard science is out yo. consensus feelz science is in. They could adopt.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh, then we agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know the CGI in trailers isn't always the final product, but I hope they polish that a lot more. 38 years of technological advances you'd think we'd have better looking Xenomorphs than in Alien/Aliens.

Either way this trailer gives me hope we'll get the Blomkamp sequel.
Yeah, the CGI xenomorph in Alien was terrible...

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I meant the practical effects in '79 are better than the CGI we are getting now. I would much rather see a return to practical effects with CGI assisting.
Oh, then we agree.

Yep, the dudes in the suits rocked.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

FUCK THAT>
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Serious question. If your plan is to "colonize" a planet. Why send a gay couple who can not produce offspring?
View Quote

They can impregnate the females and have surrogate mothers for their gaybies.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

i find it amusing just how many GDites believe that gay males are somehow incapable of doing their duty by procreating.

dear dumbshits--turkey basters have been invented.  and if we're going to be scrupulously accurate, the crew would be about 3:1 females to males.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Will be seeing
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know that might not be a bad idea. Everybody homo. They play round robin artificial insemination. Everybody gets their sperm and eggs harvested. Kind of like replicating an insect colony.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You know that might not be a bad idea. Everybody homo. They play round robin artificial insemination. Everybody gets their sperm and eggs harvested. Kind of like replicating an insect colony.
View Quote

this.  homosexual crewmembers would be ideal, since kinship bonds would not be fraught with emotional possessiveness and jealousy.  baby making would be just civic duty, like jury duty.

your move, homophobes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

this.  homosexual crewmembers would be ideal, since kinship bonds would not be fraught with emotional possessiveness and jealousy.  baby making would be just civic duty, like jury duty.

your move, homophobes.
View Quote

Isolated small numbers of people will always have emotional bonds, jealousy, and drama.  Homo or not.  No getting around that!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#16]
The real problem will be with the lesbians. There is no u-haul in space to carry their baggage.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Didn't know this was coming out.

Rewatched Prometheus last night.

The android and the dog tag are fucking with me!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Kenny Mother Fuckin Powers himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that Danny McBride? LOL.

Kenny Mother Fuckin Powers himself.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Soooo they are on a colonising ship and the crew is made up of couples and there is a gay couple... on a colonising ship?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Isolated small numbers of people will always have emotional bonds, jealousy, and drama.  Homo or not.  No getting around that!
View Quote

true, but but the case of gay couples, it would be completely excluded from the childbearing process.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The real problem will be with the lesbians. There is no u-haul in space to carry their baggage.
View Quote

lol--how many gay men do you know?  

lesbians have a shit-ton of baggage, but on the whole, they're a lot more emotionally self-sustaining than gay men.  gay men are analogous to straight women, except far more prone to drama and histrionics.  gay women tend to be more like straight men.

who would you rather have on your team?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The movie will probably have a short segment on some kind of genetic engineering tech that allows them to mix their DNA and one of them to be impregnated. And they will make it seem like it is normal and commonplace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

please tell me how a gay couple will be passing on that genetic 'defect' to future generations...

The movie will probably have a short segment on some kind of genetic engineering tech that allows them to mix their DNA and one of them to be impregnated. And they will make it seem like it is normal and commonplace.

They use the black goo as lube and then do the butseks. Botta boom Botta bing, the first chest busting alien is born!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If they were really going for acceptable genetic diversity and kickstarting a colony on a  minimal footprint it would be something like 3-1 women and no monogamy allowed.

Might not send men at all actually, just jizz in a freezer, but lets ignore that possibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, our first mission to establish a colony on a far, inhabitable planet, and who do they spend $492 million each on?

A gay couple who can't breed.  

Must be under a democrat administration.

Like what are they going to be?  The designated interior decorators?

If no men then who would they make all the sandwiches for?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

lol--how many gay men do you know?  

lesbians have a shit-ton of baggage, but on the whole, they're a lot more emotionally self-sustaining than gay men.  gay men are analogous to straight women, except far more prone to drama and histrionics.  gay women tend to be more like straight men.

who would you rather have on your team?
View Quote

No I'm sure you are right...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Teh gay agenda!!

Everyone who watches it will turn queermo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#26]

it appears that the only gay people you're familiar with are pictures on the internet, and you have no actual experience.

then again, this is the case with most subjects and most posters in GD.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

it appears that the only gay people you're familiar with are pictures on the internet, and you have no actual experience.

then again, this is the case with most subjects and most posters in GD.
View Quote

No I know a lot of gay young men from college. Except for the dick sucking, they are pretty squared away. I just used two famous wackos to refute your position.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, this thread turned...weird.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Is your member still engorged?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No I know a lot of gay young men from college. Except for the dick sucking, they are pretty squared away. I just used two famous wackos to refute your position.
View Quote

you clearly didn't learnt he definition of 'refute' in college.

you ought to get a refund.

but at least you spent time with "a lot of gay young men", so maybe you got your money's worth.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

but at least you spent time with "a lot of gay young men", so maybe you got your money's worth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To deny, contradict, disprove
Go ahead tell me those broads are wrapped tight and self sustaining.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

To deny, contradict, disprove
Go ahead tell me those broads are wrapped tight and self sustaining.
View Quote

yrah, you didn't disprove shit.

but first, tell me what "on the whole" means, in your understanding.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Massive fights every 28 days. 
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

first, tell me what "on the whole" means, in your understanding.
View Quote

No you tell me why you'd rather spend time with this
Attachment Attached File

Instead of Big Pony or Little Pony?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Andrea Dworkin air attack back on! sham marriage FTW
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Here comes the boom. Mary Daly. Sure she's sane. Just look at her
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

No men? Just women and frozen sperm? Who will open the pickle jars?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:10:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#39]
I might be in the minority, but I really would have preferred to see the engineers story followed more than the alien story line. Seriously, didn't they play that fucking alien shit out? Let me quess.... acid slobber and little chest bursting?

I grew up going to the movies and love them, but Im sick and tired of having lbqt bullshit rammed down my fucking throat!!! For fuck sakes!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I might be in the minority, but I really would have preferred to see the engineers story followed more than the alien story line. Seriously, didn't they play that fucking alien shit out? Let me quess.... acid slobber and little chest bursting?

I grew up going to the movies and love them, but Im sick and tired of having lbqt bullshit rammed down my fucking throat!!! For fuck sakes!!!!
View Quote

I find the Aliens pretty boring too. We all know what is going to happen. It's like Freddy nightmare on elm street part 33 1/3.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111690/image-157111.JPG

View Quote

lol.

you keep bringing up exceptions.  the more you write, the more obvious it is that you're talking out of your ass instead of speaking from experience.  gay men are fun to work with, but in general their tardy/absentee/drama level is even higher than high school girls.  on the whole, the lesbians who have worked for me have been as reliable as mormons.  the queens that have worked for me have been as reliable as cheerleaders.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:11:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

lol.

you keep bringing up exceptions.  the more you write, the more obvious it is that you're talking out of your ass instead of speaking from experience.  gay men are fun to work with, but in general their tardy/absentee/drama level is even higher than high school girls.  on the whole, the lesbians who have worked for me have been as reliable as mormons.  the queens that have worked for me have been as reliable as cheerleaders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111690/image-157111.JPG

lol.

In my limited sample size, I'd rather work with lesbians than another gay, Hillary loving, Puerto Rican.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In my limited sample size, I'd rather work with lesbians than another gay, Hillary loving, Puerto Rican.
View Quote

the more i think about it, the more i'm willing to acknowledge that most of my experience with both groups has been 10+ years ago, and social behavior may have changed a lot in the interim.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:42:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

So than the Alien is a gerbil that explodes from Richard Gere's ass?

Ed
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Good thing I dont know who Danny McBride is. Looks like he fits the role just fine. Rumor about that Shaw is counterpart to David in this movie. Rumor that it isnt just David we see in a cloak and hood. I think this is going to be a winner. I'm very intrigued by the engineers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The dog tag is Shaw's. Her helmet is also in that scene. Per Ridley Scott and Michael Fassbender, she is very much alive.

Quoted:

You're not. I'm there too. I'm one of those people I always turn Alien off after they get back to the ship since it turns into nothing more than a slasher film(yes, I'm one of those people who thought Aliens was better). The fossilized Engineer being discovered is my favorite scene though. I loved the mystery that surrounded it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is that Danny McBride? LOL.
View Quote

Big 'ol Titties!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Come on guys, I said we should ignore that possibility, this is why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Is this supposed to be a prequel or a separate event?
View Quote

Sequel to Prometheus.

Then there's 1 more and we get to the original alien.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Soooo they are on a colonising ship and the crew is made up of couples and there is a gay couple... on a colonising ship?
View Quote

There's a lot more folks on the ship in stasis
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top