User Panel

Page / 109
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep.

My hypothesis as Ive said before.

ISIS takes Baghdad and most of the portion of Iraq up to Syria. Iran takes the portion closest to the Gulf, The kurds take their piece and a stalemate ensues.

What kills me is all of the world wide liberal hell raising against the US when we were in Iraq and when ISIS is in their bringing he old school genocide and religious persecution it's grave yard quiet.

No one cares who dies unless the Americans can be blamed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Baghdad would/will be a bloodbath.

Yep.

ISIS takes Baghdad and most of the portion of Iraq up to Syria. Iran takes the portion closest to the Gulf, The kurds take their piece and a stalemate ensues.

What kills me is all of the world wide liberal hell raising against the US when we were in Iraq and when ISIS is in their bringing he old school genocide and religious persecution it's grave yard quiet.

The sunnis aren't going to give up the oil fields, which are mostly in shiite areas.  The solution, of course, is to not make them shiite areas.

now.  how is that going to happen.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Memlik Pasha @MemlikPasha  ·  12h
Looks like recent #ISIS raid in the area overran ISF base just 500 meters from the ?adithah dam
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
20 July 2014
Yesterday Fallujah was the scene of the largest military operations and the fiercest shelling since the beginning of the Anbar crisis. The military action has resulted, according to initial counts today, in the deaths of 19 residents and the wounding of 41 others. Numerous residential districts were targeted in the central, northern, and southern sectors of the city.

In Al-Garma, there was an attempt by army forces yesterday to storm the town. The military had planned to penetrate into the town but they were surprised by the intense resistance from within; clashes and bombardment have killed 2 residents and wounded 8 others in this first attempt to overrun the town which is still being controlled by the gunmen.

In Ramadi, fighting is taking place inside the city, especially in its western districts that had been secure up to about one month ago, with many Ramadi residents moving into them. The situation has now been reversed: the gunmen are in control and are trying to advance into other parts of the city, particularly toward districts where military barracks and positions are located, such as the Anbar Operations Command and the 8th Brigade HQ where most of the security commanders are stationed. Clashes have taken place and and we can still observe the rocket and mortar fire in the vicinity of the 8th Brigade position.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks like recent #ISIS raid in the area overran ISF base just 500 meters from the ?adithah dam
View Quote

So now the IS is kicking the butts of "the best" the IA has to offer.
If our guys are embedded with anyone in the IA it has to be these folks.
The news of these guys getting overrun and surrendering makes me concerned for the safety of our guys on the ground.
It's becoming very apparent the IA dosent have the ability to stop these folks much less make some gains.
We need to get every American out of there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all of you for updating this thread. This subject seems to have fallen out of the regular news cycle and it is great to be able to catch up with this thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Majority of Americans don't care what is going on overseas. Heck a great majority couldn't tell you what is going on in any detail in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Ukraine, etc.

As long as American soldiers aren't dying and we are not spending money militarily overseas all is good. Some don't even care about that as it dosent affect them in their everyday lives as they see it.

All they care about is how many bars of reception they have on the I-phone and that American Idol is on tonight.

They fail to see the future implications of what events like this mean for us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Majority of Americans don't care what is going on overseas. Heck a great majority couldn't tell you what is going on in any detail in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Ukraine, etc.

As long as American soldiers aren't dying and we are not spending money militarily overseas all is good. Some don't even care about that as it dosent affect them in their everyday lives as they see it.

All they care about is how many bars of reception they have on the I-phone and that American Idol is on tonight.

They fail to see the future implications of what events like this mean for us.

That's all correct but I was referring to the 24/7 non-stop "Bush/Rethuglicans = Hitler" the libs were pushing when he was in office. Double standard is best standard as they say.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks to all of you for updating this thread. This subject seems to have fallen out of the regular news cycle and it is great to be able to catch up with this thread.
View Quote

I agree.

Here are some of dead bad guys.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#8]
When I got back from my year long sabbatical in tikrit i was pissed because all these effing hippies were telling me we were taking their oil and when I got home i had to pay $5 a gallon for gas!  If we're taking it lets take it!!  And throw in a discount for vets that deploy, watch how many people would start fishing for deployments instead of dodging them.

Politicians need to treat our military the same way responsible people handle guns aim carefully and don't point it at anything you aren't willing to destroy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#9]
edit
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The sunnis aren't going to give up the oil fields, which are mostly in shiite areas.  The solution, of course, is to not make them shiite areas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I know it will result in a ton of snackbar videos.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The news of these guys getting overrun and surrendering makes me concerned for the safety of our guys on the ground.
It's becoming very apparent the IA dosent have the ability to stop these folks much less make some gains.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure ISF means Iraqi Security Forces.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

I'm interested in that myself.

INA, IP dont have shit to work with. ISIS is the big dog now, the question is can they beat Iran and the shia militias.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your correct. I knew that too. Too many acronyms these days and I wigged.
All I was picturing was a repeat of the video from last week of the special forces guys in the black unis surrendering and getting popped in the head.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

INA, IP dont have shit to work with. ISIS is the big dog now, the question is can they beat Iran and the shia militias.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

The answer is fairly obvious.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Haven't really heard too much about the Iranians in this thread.  Saw a couple of pictures of Iranian caskets, not much else though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Haven't really heard too much about the Iranians in this thread.  Saw a couple of pictures of Iranian caskets, not much else though.
View Quote

Appears they are running the show.

A military officer from the Kurdish peshmerga: "Suleimani has given up on the Iraqi army.

His plan in Iraq is to use the army to hold checkpoints but properly train elite fighters to do the real fighting.

re: Speicher Base:many of the captured soldiers had been executed. They are parading prisoners through the streets of Tikrit
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Iran is worried: they have their hands full with Syria already and are very worried that if they send the Pasdaran into Iraq in sufficient numbers to win it will mean the Saudis arming the Sunni tribes directly and not having enough jackboots to keep the Mullahs in power at home if the people take to the streets again

Regardless,unless they make a big effort soon IS will be in Baghdad soon
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:25:53 AM EDT
[#19]
So far it appears that the IA and ISF have failed to rally in any meaningful way.  Baghdad is doomed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Jihadists seize Iraq monastery

Mosul (Iraq) (AFP) - Jihadist militants have taken over a monastery in northern Iraq, one of the country's best-known Christian landmarks, and expelled its resident monks, a cleric and residents said Monday.

Islamic State (IS) fighters stormed Mar (Saint) Behnam, a 4th century monastery run by the Syriac Catholic church near the predominantly Christian town of Qaraqosh, on Sunday, the sources said.

"You have no place here anymore, you have to leave immediately," a member of the Syriac clergy quoted the Sunni militants as telling the monastery's residents.

He said the monks pleaded to be allowed to save some of the monastery's relics but the fighters refused and ordered them to leave on foot with nothing but their clothes.

Christian residents from the area told AFP the monks walked several miles along a deserted road and were eventually picked up by Kurdish peshmerga fighters who drove them to Qaraqosh.

http://news.yahoo.com/jihadists-seize-iraq-monastery-005850871.html

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Jihadists seize Iraq monastery

Mosul (Iraq) (AFP) - Jihadist militants have taken over a monastery in northern Iraq, one of the country's best-known Christian landmarks, and expelled its resident monks, a cleric and residents said Monday.

Islamic State (IS) fighters stormed Mar (Saint) Behnam, a 4th century monastery run by the Syriac Catholic church near the predominantly Christian town of Qaraqosh, on Sunday, the sources said.

"You have no place here anymore, you have to leave immediately," a member of the Syriac clergy quoted the Sunni militants as telling the monastery's residents.

He said the monks pleaded to be allowed to save some of the monastery's relics but the fighters refused and ordered them to leave on foot with nothing but their clothes.

Christian residents from the area told AFP the monks walked several miles along a deserted road and were eventually picked up by Kurdish peshmerga fighters who drove them to Qaraqosh.

http://news.yahoo.com/jihadists-seize-iraq-monastery-005850871.html

View Quote
Iraq needs more Templars and Hospitalers.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#22]
21 July 2014
The Anbar areas that have been relatively calm, particularly the western town of Rawa - more than 250 km from Ramadi - have been bombarded since last night, targeting the outskirts of Rawa and some of its districts. The bombardment wounded at least 60 residents, including women and children. The attacks were carried out by army gunships that targeted a number of residences and resulted in demolishing large parts of Rawa's new stadium. The local government and the residents have denounced, expressing surprise at the random bombardment of people's homes.

In Fallujah, yesterday was another day of violence, with the aerial bombardment that targeted a number of the city's districts. Initial casualty figures list 7 residents killed and 17 others wounded in central Fallujah.

In Al-Garma, the military operation attempted incursion into the town, but the fierce resistance by the gunmen within the town is still holding the security and army forces at bay. Residences have been bombarded, and security forces are saying that 34 gunmen have been killed, and 4 residents have also been killed and 11 others wounded.

In Ramadi, intermittent clashes are continuing in the city's western sector districts, from which many families have made and are making their way to Hit and Al-Baghdadi.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Jihadi bragging in Syria, some grahic

http://justpaste.it/sha3er

This when they took one of the big oil fields
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Shit!  So it looks, to me, like ISIS is taking ground against the Kurds and ISF/IA forces.  How many fighters do they have?  Originally, I heard a very small amount of fighters, like a few thousand to under 10k, at the most.  There's no way they can hold the ground they control and gain ground with that.  Is anyone hearing ballpark figures?  It seems like tens of thousands by the damage they're doing...
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Shit!  So it looks, to me, like ISIS is taking ground against the Kurds and ISF/IA forces.  How many fighters do they have?  Originally, I heard a very small amount of fighters, like a few thousand to under 10k, at the most.  There's no way they can hold the ground they control and gain ground with that.  Is anyone hearing ballpark figures?  It seems like tens of thousands by the damage they're doing...
View Quote

I have been wondering the same thing. Must be more.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have been offered little resistance by IA and ISF.  Indeed, those fools have provided ISIS with arms.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Rami @RamiAlLolah  ·  4h
Anti #Maliki armed groups made significant gains towards W and SW of #Baghdad.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Jihadi smack talk on Israel in English (if you can cipher it)

http://translate.google.com.sa/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjustpaste.it%2Fgb6m
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#32]
It may be because I have been drinking, but I cannot understand this propaganda.
To me it says two completely different things.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Is Al-Garma the same as Al-Karma? Place was wicked back in 06, there were a couple tribes and takfiri in the area that were always going at it, split by the S-curve at the end of town.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is Al-Garma the same as Al-Karma? Place was wicked back in 06, there were a couple tribes and takfiri in the area that were always going at it, split by the S-curve at the end of town.
View Quote

it is

PM out
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#35]
ISIS is kicking Assad's ass at the same time.

The Shaar gas field in central Syria saw some of the heaviest fighting. It is a crucial gas supply facility for the country's central region and among the largest in Syria. Islamic State fighters attacked the field Wednesday night -- just hours after Bashar al-Assad was sworn in for a third, seven-year term as president --  and seized it Thursday, killing 270 government soldiers, guards, and staff. According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based NGO, at least 40 militants from the group formerly known as ISIS were killed. Over the weekend the body count grew by 100

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/07/21/overlooked_syrian_conflict_hits_new_death_toll_record
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The Shaar gas field in central Syria saw some of the heaviest fighting. It is a crucial gas supply facility for the country's central region and among the largest in Syria. Islamic State fighters attacked the field Wednesday night -- just hours after Bashar al-Assad was sworn in for a third, seven-year term as president --  and seized it Thursday, killing 270 government soldiers, guards, and staff. According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based NGO, at least 40 militants from the group formerly known as ISIS were killed. Over the weekend the body count grew by 100

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/07/21/overlooked_syrian_conflict_hits_new_death_toll_record
View Quote

Assad's FM just declared victory and thanked the Russians.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#37]
22 July 2014
From last night and into this afternoon, there has been a further attempt to assault Al-Garma on four fronts. Extended clashes and battles have left 4 of the town's residents dead and 9 others wounded. Some public buildings and other government facilities were shelled indiscriminately.

In Fallujah there have been some greater casualty counts, with 11 residents killed and 31 wounded by the military operations and the yesterday's bombardment of the city.

In Ramadi, gunmen are still holding the city's western districts that have been bombarded and attacked by security forces, while the city's central districts are still relatively quiet.

Gunmen are still in control of the western townships in Anbar (Ana, Rawa, Al-Qa'im, and Rutba). 'Preemptive' air strikes have been targeting gunmen positions in the Iraqi-Syrian border regions; 1 gunman was killed and 7 were wounded in these attacks.
Posted by Al-Iraq Al-Hurr at 7:31 PM
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
22 July 2014
From last night and into this afternoon, there has been a further attempt to assault Al-Garma on four fronts. Extended clashes and battles have left 4 of the town's residents dead and 9 others wounded. Some public buildings and other government facilities were shelled indiscriminately.

In Fallujah there have been some greater casualty counts, with 11 residents killed and 31 wounded by the military operations and the yesterday's bombardment of the city.

In Ramadi, gunmen are still holding the city's western districts that have been bombarded and attacked by security forces, while the city's central districts are still relatively quiet.

Gunmen are still in control of the western townships in Anbar (Ana, Rawa, Al-Qa'im, and Rutba). 'Preemptive' air strikes have been targeting gunmen positions in the Iraqi-Syrian border regions; 1 gunman was killed and 7 were wounded in these attacks.
Posted by Al-Iraq Al-Hurr at 7:31 PM
View Quote

I'm reading some desperation on the part of the government, if I interpret this correctly.   It appears they are shelling and bombing in lieu of door to door ground operations.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes,and they don't make it real clear who is doing the shelling
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Not good if true.

The above video, posted on the 24th of June, shows combatants in Syria’s western city of Hama firing a 9K32M (NATO reporting name: SA-7b) man-portable air defence system (MANPADS) with a non-standard battery attached. Other instances of improvised batteries being used with MANPADS have previously been documented in Syria, with one video released by Free Syrian Army (FSA) militants demonstrating how they were able to jury-rig a series of motorcycle batteries in order to fit a 9K32M. Another video shows rebels using a 9K32M with an improvised battery being used to successfully engage and bring down a helicopter.

More recently, Syrian rebels posted images to Facebook showing a self-contained rechargeable battery pack believed to be designed to fit the 9K32 and 9K32M systems (see image gallery below). While the post has now been removed, the group posted brief technical specifications claiming the unit weighs 370 grams and allows a targeting window of 30 minutes, significantly longer than the original batteries. With MANPADS documented in Syria often over 40 years old, original batteries may be have deteriorated or been damaged, making improvised solutions attractive.
View Quote

http://www.armamentresearch.com/improvised-manpads-batteries-employed-in-syria/
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Not good if true.

The above video, posted on the 24th of June, shows combatants in Syria’s western city of Hama firing a 9K32M (NATO reporting name: SA-7b) man-portable air defence system (MANPADS) with a non-standard battery attached. Other instances of improvised batteries being used with MANPADS have previously been documented in Syria, with one video released by Free Syrian Army (FSA) militants demonstrating how they were able to jury-rig a series of motorcycle batteries in order to fit a 9K32M. Another video shows rebels using a 9K32M with an improvised battery being used to successfully engage and bring down a helicopter.

More recently, Syrian rebels posted images to Facebook showing a self-contained rechargeable battery pack believed to be designed to fit the 9K32 and 9K32M systems (see image gallery below). While the post has now been removed, the group posted brief technical specifications claiming the unit weighs 370 grams and allows a targeting window of 30 minutes, significantly longer than the original batteries. With MANPADS documented in Syria often over 40 years old, original batteries may be have deteriorated or been damaged, making improvised solutions attractive.

Anybody else reminded of this discussion from a month ago?  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1635364_ISIS_captures_US_made_Stinger_MANPADS_from_Iraqi_Army_.html&page=5#i47802981
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not good if true.

Anybody else reminded of this discussion from a month ago?  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1635364_ISIS_captures_US_made_Stinger_MANPADS_from_Iraqi_Army_.html&page=5#i47802981

That is what made me post that
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#45]
John Beck ?@JM_Beck  2m
BREAKING - Hearing reports of a bombing in the Shiite holy city of Kadhimiya, #Iraq. At least 24 killed and 35+ wounded. @vicenews
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#46]
hehe, I remember him

Michael Crowley ?@CrowleyTIME  6m
So that's why the English-fluent ISIS fighter @khorasani_  stopped tweeting:
Killed in Syria.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Al Arabiya English ?@AlArabiya_Eng  58s
#Veil your #mannequins, #ISIS tells Iraqi shopkeepers

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

They've been kicking his ass.
Page / 109
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top