Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:43:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure this place has been mentioned in quite a few federal law enforcement and intelligence memos....
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
In for updates/stories from jkstexas2001 regarding East Africa and Yemen.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:57:19 AM EDT
[#3]
yep.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:58:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:58:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My conscience would not let me even get near doing that.  You are depriving a person of something that may save their lives.  A person who tries to sell something like that and gets in trouble gets what is coming to them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The stolen Military Optics issue came up over at 68Fourms a while back.. I think the guys from TNVC explained to the masses what was going on so everyone into the NV thing would stay clear of suspect NV that showed up on Fleabay at ridiculously low prices..
I seem to remember a member telling a story about getting one on eBay and then being contacted by LE.
Too lazy to go search for the posts but yes,  I have heard about it.
My conscience would not let me even get near doing that.  You are depriving a person of something that may save their lives.  A person who tries to sell something like that and gets in trouble gets what is coming to them.

When I was stationed at Ft Campbell in the late 1980's there was a way to sneak out the back of the base without going through a gate.
One guy in our unit swiped an entire pickup load of gear, left the base and tried selling it all at the local surplus store.
The store owner told the idiot he needed to go to the bank and get the cash to pay for it all.
Instead, the owner called the base and the base MPs went over to the surplus store with the local cops.
Hilarity ensued and the E-4 thief spent time in the stockade as a E-1 Private.

Good to see you back!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:03:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I remember the OP.

Don't know why I do, but I do.

View Quote

Same here.

Txl
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:14:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Here ya go OP. A cleaner avatar pic.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:28:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He was a NCIS agent...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't there a ATF or FBI agent that always watched the EE for stolen stuff?

He was a NCIS agent...

Actually it was DHS HSI.

I know because I told him he should do the honorable thing and kill himself.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:33:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In for updates/stories from jkstexas2001 regarding East Africa and Yemen.
View Quote

This, welcome back, would love to get some intel about what is going in in that area of the world
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Here ya go OP. A cleaner avatar pic.

http://i.imgur.com/Z1LUKOQ.png

View Quote
Thank you very much!

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Same here.

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember the OP.

Same here.

Txl
I noticed your location says Somalia ... are you there right now?  If so you are very close to where I am working.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad to see you back.  Stay safe and keep us updated.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I noticed your location says Somalia ... are you there right now?  If so you are very close to where I am working.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember the OP.

Same here.

Txl

Lol.  It's become a thing to make your location Somalia.  I even had it for a bit, but I don't remember exactly why.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:51:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Walter White said Mike went to Belize.  I'm just down here looking for him.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Walter White said Mike went to Belize.  I'm just down here looking for him.
View Quote
Really.  Belize can be an unfriendly place lol.  I recognize that picture from Three Days of the Condor, btw.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And I'm not saying that you said most of what I said... What you said just spurred me to think and say most of what I said to add on to what you're saying... You see what I'm saying?

Also, I bet that there are a lot of politicians on here too. I'm sure Rick Perry and Ted Cruz are IM'ing each other right now discussing whether they should buy Larue uppers or LWRC uppers!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also isn't a known fact that feds look at the EE hell I think it is known that they have at least two different accounts. There is a reason you don't see PEQ15 class III lasers, made in Swedish aim point M2, and knights USMC marked Buis. This site does a pretty good job of keeping stolen stuff off what they can at least, eBay on the other hand is a free for all.

I don't know why it would be a secret that the feds are on here. Feds carry guns and as such many are gun enthusiasts, this is a gun enthusiast site so it's a natural assumption that they gravitate here. I'm sure that there are dozens if not hundreds of federal agents that surf this website every day through personal interest.

Im a small town piddly cop and I spend several hours on here everyday. Its not for investigative reasons, and its not on official business.... Its to get the latest gun news and listen about who met a fat chick on tinder or POF or who tried to dremel their AR barrel.

I bet if you tried to sell an IED frequency scrambler on the EE two dozen federal agents who are Team members on their own dime would put in a courtesy call to NCIS or whatever criminal incestigative division that handles that stuff. Hell I'm just a glorified parking ticket writer and I WOULD SNITCH you out for selling that shit online. I have a friend in the military that goes to all those dangerous places and dodges IED's and I would hate to think that he got blown up because I had the opportunity to prevent the enemy from obtaining our countermeasures and didn't do so.

If I was driving home from work and saw a fatality car wreck or some chick getting raped on a street corner or something, I would probably put in a courtesy call to the neighboring PD at the very least.

Same thing as the feds here raising an eyebrow when soldiers or contractors are trying to funnel anti- IED shit to god knows who, possible joe-schmoe or possible ISIS online...

I never said it should be secret. Not sure how you got all that from what I said. There was literally a thread in the EE that stated two agents usernames that where trying to return stolen goods. There all  different types of people on this site LEO, actors, doctors, lawyers, teachers, cooks, probably some politicians and many others. I never said anything about most of what you said.

And I'm not saying that you said most of what I said... What you said just spurred me to think and say most of what I said to add on to what you're saying... You see what I'm saying?

Also, I bet that there are a lot of politicians on here too. I'm sure Rick Perry and Ted Cruz are IM'ing each other right now discussing whether they should buy Larue uppers or LWRC uppers!

Well if they have been on here long enough they will decide to get both.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Not the first time or least not the only time:

USAF sergeant guilty of ammo theft

Starling sold ammunition on AR15.com, a firearms resource website with weapons manuals, discussion boards and a membership link to the National Rifle Association. That's where a truck driver from Wisconsin first saw a classified ad for brass shell casings, the witness testified. He wanted to make sure the seller was reputable before he made the purchase, the buyer said, so he asked for some identification.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#18]

I was on this bus the day before an Al Shabaab bomb went off and killed, maimed, and injured 30 people.  The hole you see in the side was caused by the blast.  This occured about 10km outside Nairobi.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://jkstexas.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/bomb.jpg

I was on this bus the day before an Al Shabaab bomb went off and killed, maimed, and injured 30 people.  The hole you see in the side was caused by the blast.  This occured about 10km outside Nairobi.  
View Quote

Damn!  Stay safe, and keep us updated on the area.

Tagged for more info...
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Shit!  We would be glad to send our president back there for a couple years if you think it would help.

ETA:  Stay safe.  Glad you weren't on that thing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Recovery of these items will reduce the likelihood that foreign entities can exploit the technologies and use these or similar devices against the US. military, NATO allies, or civilian law enforcement personnel during the course of their duties."

LOL, didn't we just leave about a half BILLION dollars worth of this type of stuff for the enemy in Yemen?

Oh, and I OWN page three

View Quote

"Do as I say, Not as I do"
You cannot own a page on an edit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No, I never got banned lol.  Been here in Africa past two years trying to cause Al Shabaab etc some problems lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought you got banned.
No, I never got banned lol.  Been here in Africa past two years trying to cause Al Shabaab etc some problems lol.

That seems like a fun and exciting job.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol.  It's become a thing to make your location Somalia.  I even had it for a bit, but I don't remember exactly why.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember the OP.

Same here.

Txl

It's become a thing to make your location all sorts of random countries or states.  It's all become quite confusing, and has all but destroyed the utility of the tool.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"Recovery of these items will reduce the likelihood that foreign entities can exploit the technologies and use these or similar devices against the US. military, NATO allies, or civilian law enforcement personnel during the course of their duties."

LOL, didn't we just leave about a half BILLION dollars worth of this type of stuff for the enemy in Yemen?

View Quote

It depends on the type of equipment.  Did we leave trucks, generators, etc.?  Yeah.

Did we abandon body armor, night vision, and range finders?  Not on your life.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Shit!  We would be glad to send our president back there for a couple years if you think it would help.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am glad I was not on that thing, too.  The bomb was in an unchecked suitcase.  Theoretically due to the heightened security ALL bags were to be checked but few actually are.  For about a week after that, if I rode public transportation, I always watched who ran to get off the bus when we stopped and if they left "anything"

Yes, President Obama's coming on July 23rd.  I will make a point to be somewhere else because of the mess his entourage causes, lol.  I'm guessing some people on his advance team will be at the Sarova Hotel because of its proximity to the State House (Kenya President Uhuru's compound).  I may drop in a little to visit because that is a VERY nice place to hang out - a lot of the nicer places in Nairobi continue the British traditions in many ways.  That, the New Stanley Hotel, and Safari Hotel are very good places to go when you want to get away from the "normal" way of life here.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Never done that lol.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For some reason your handle reminds me of a guy who Darth Vader choked a bitch at a gunshow in Tejas'.

Not sure why
Never done that lol.  

That was member SC-Texas:  Vender (M&A Parts) Attacks Customer at Houston Gunshow

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A brief went out about a year ago regarding military optical equipment, presumably stolen, being sold through various gun/equipment sites, and AR15.COM was on the list of those sites being used to sell that equipment. When I saw that I thought the owners/admins may want to know, if they have not been contacted already.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reading is for f ags, someone explain
A brief went out about a year ago regarding military optical equipment, presumably stolen, being sold through various gun/equipment sites, and AR15.COM was on the list of those sites being used to sell that equipment. When I saw that I thought the owners/admins may want to know, if they have not been contacted already.

Maybe you should also cross post this on Ebay where the majority of stolen military equipment is offered for sale.  

GAO: Stolen U.S. military gear sold on eBay, Craigslist

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2536667/networking/gao--stolen-u-s--military-gear-sold-on-ebay--craigslist.html

Stolen military hardware being sold-off on eBay

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/stolen-military-hardware-being-soldoff-on-ebay-7687501.html

NCIS Seizes Stolen U.S. Military Equipment From Local Pawn Shop

Special agents with the U.S. Naval Criminal Investigative Service tracked a medium range thermal biocular to the pawn shop after zooming in on a photograph of the item posted on Ebay.com, according to a copy of the search warrant obtained by Patch.

http://patch.com/california/temecula/ncis-seizes-stolen-u-s-military-equipment-from-local-pawn-shop
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That was member SC-Texas:  Vender (M&A Parts) Attacks Customer at Houston Gunshow

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For some reason your handle reminds me of a guy who Darth Vader choked a bitch at a gunshow in Tejas'.

Not sure why
Never done that lol.  

Oh man, what a classic.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hah, that was it!

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.418688.1314525270!/img/httpImage/alg-actor-edward-woodward-jpg.jpg

And yet I can't remember what I had for breakfast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you have an avatar with a closeup of some guy holding a pistol alongside his head, pointed up?
Yes, I had the picture of "Robert McCall" from The Equalizer.  Guess its time to renew my membership lol.

Hah, that was it!

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.418688.1314525270!/img/httpImage/alg-actor-edward-woodward-jpg.jpg

Damn, I'm impressed (not about the breakfast part)!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Membership is on me .    

If you have any openings in your AO, let me know.  I have a good friend in Kabul that is looking for a change of scenery.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will re-up my membership in a week or two.  It has been awhile.  I have to get online very late here to talk to you all but that's fine I'm a night owl anyway lol.  

Membership is on me .    

If you have any openings in your AO, let me know.  I have a good friend in Kabul that is looking for a change of scenery.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will re-up my membership in a week or two.  It has been awhile.  I have to get online very late here to talk to you all but that's fine I'm a night owl anyway lol.  

Membership is on me .    

It's good to have friends

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember the OP.

Same here.

Txl

LOL, no he's not in Somalia, just trying to be cool Libertarian guy.,
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you have an avatar with a closeup of some guy holding a pistol alongside his head, pointed up?
Yes, I had the picture of "Robert McCall" from The Equalizer.  Guess its time to renew my membership lol.

Hah, that was it!

The board was a lot smaller then.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I am glad I was not on that thing, too.  The bomb was in an unchecked suitcase.  Theoretically due to the heightened security ALL bags were to be checked but few actually are.  For about a week after that, if I rode public transportation, I always watched who ran to get off the bus when we stopped and if they left "anything"

Yes, President Obama's coming on July 23rd.  I will make a point to be somewhere else because of the mess his entourage causes, lol.  I'm guessing some people on his advance team will be at the Sarova Hotel because of its proximity to the State House (Kenya President Uhuru's compound).  I may drop in a little to visit because that is a VERY nice place to hang out - a lot of the nicer places in Nairobi continue the British traditions in many ways.  That, the New Stanley Hotel, and Safari Hotel are very good places to go when you want to get away from the "normal" way of life here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quick, make a golf course and give out free cigarettes at each hole.  Maybe he'll stay there.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top