Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The Sunday talk shows should be interesting tomorrow. Who will Obama trot out this time. Certainly not Susan Rice.

Yep. If they stick to their story, then they might have some reason to think that they'll get away with it. If they start throwing Romney into it, then they are busted.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
All this drama is "not optimal" .
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Obama  Gallup job approval down 7 points in 3 days.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gallup-obamas-job-approval-drops-7-points-3-days

Ooops.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ham needs to turn this into the October surprise right now

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/37144547/Interesting-Rumor-Concerning-General-Carter-Ham-and-Stand-Down-Order.aspx

Interesting Rumor Concerning General Carter Ham and Stand Down Order   (Posted on 10/26/12 at 9:45 p.m.)

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.

quote:

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
"(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham's place as the head of Africon.

I found this story when I got home after hearing this story.

quote:

President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced Thursday.

General Rodigues Nominated as Head of Africon

As I was typing this I heard John Bolton on Greta say that there are conflicting reports of General Ham's comments on this tragedy and why a rapid response unit was not deployed. Bolton says someone needs to find out what Ham was saying on 9/11/12.

Interesting to say the least.

Whoa if true this will destroy the Obama admin *if* the general fight it. This would be a good place for Sen McCain or Grhamn to step in.

Graham is generaly too liberal and likely gay but he will break it off in Obama in this issue if given the chance.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/37144547/Interesting-Rumor-Concerning-General-Carter-Ham-and-Stand-Down-Order.aspx

Interesting Rumor Concerning General Carter Ham and Stand Down Order   (Posted on 10/26/12 at 9:45 p.m.)

I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.

quote:

"(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham's place as the head of Africon.

I found this story when I got home after hearing this story.

quote:

President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced Thursday.

General Rodigues Nominated as Head of Africon

As I was typing this I heard John Bolton on Greta say that there are conflicting reports of General Ham's comments on this tragedy and why a rapid response unit was not deployed. Bolton says someone needs to find out what Ham was saying on 9/11/12.

Interesting to say the least.

Whoa if true this will destroy the Obama admin *if* the general fight it. This would be a good place for Sen McCain or Grhamn to step in.

Graham is generaly too liberal and likely gay but he will break it off in Obama in this issue if given the chance.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought it read ARFCOMS top general.

Don't be silly people!

It will be a cold day in Hell before anybody relieves Ed Sr!!!!!!

shit they are on to us.... Bravo team abort.. i said abort damn it!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thirty seconds to a minute sounds fishy to me. I'm sorry but this reeks of internet lore, rumor, innuendo, and speculation. I'm not buying it especially coming from an unnamed source that's connected. I could be wrong and if I am my opinion will change but right now I'm calling bullshit.
[/quote]

Yea, 1 minute to relieve your commander? On who's orders, nothing happens in a minute.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#10]
A lot of you guys are making jokes, but this situation is turning into the biggest scandal and criminal act of a president in the history of the country.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A lot of you guys are making jokes, but this situation is turning into the biggest scandal and criminal act of a president in the history of the country.

We've got 3 threads running on the whole situation.  Makes it tough to keep up with what has been posted.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#12]
wtf is going on in my country

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thirty seconds to a minute sounds fishy to me. I'm sorry but this reeks of internet lore, rumor, innuendo, and speculation. I'm not buying it especially coming from an unnamed source that's connected. I could be wrong and if I am my opinion will change but right now I'm calling bullshit.

Yea, 1 minute to relieve your commander? On who's orders, nothing happens in a minute.[/quote]

bullshit...one phone call and you are relieved.  Trust me.  It is easy.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, 1 minute to relieve your commander? On who's orders, nothing happens in a minute.

[/quote]

cant a CO be relieved without a "phone call" if the situation permitted it?

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[/quote]

yes, in theory.
Generally there is some build up, however.  In this case, I can't see it happening that quickly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Considering this, amongst other things, a bit of gallows humour is not unfounded.

It's a defense mechanism that nature/god gave us.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

All this drama is "not optimal" .

ouch.  groan.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, and not a fuck will be given on November 7. That's how important it is.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ditto.

I thought maybe Ed Sr. had fired Aimless or something.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Interesting. My CSM just got orders for there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Rumor is that I am taking over.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As you were.  I'll be in the area all day.

Carry on!

Wait I thought you were Arfcom's dictator?

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on!

Sic semper e-tyrannus!

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on!

He gives it up when the crisis is resolved and goes back to farming.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't be silly people!

It will be a cold day in Hell before anybody relieves Ed Sr!!!!!!

shit they are on to us.... Bravo team abort.. i said abort damn it!!!

Damnit! I already had Mom pack my clean underwear and started baking the Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Ed

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and not a fuck will be given on November 7. That's how important it is.

those of us pissed off are already working to remove the traitor in chief. to anyone else it won't matter if they even ever hear about it.

I'm willing to bet that, if Romney wins, "those of us" won't give a rats ass about this story. Which is, as I read your post, what you're saying.correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

wtf is going on in my country  

we have a communist as president and one of Jeff Dunham's puppets as VP

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is the worst/largest government scandal I've ever seen, it's even worse than F&F (which was downright evil) and it's happening right at election time.  And the scandal is directly attributable to the unbelievably bad judgement and amateurishness of the President.  If he gets re-elected we are doomed.  

And most of the media are doing everything they can to ignore it and cover for him. History will not be kind to Obama and his minions. This will be his legacy. Betrayal, abandonment, and death of Americans at the hands of savages that he's groveling to. Obama's presidency is the biggest inside job aimed at destroying American power and influence seen yet. It makes perfect sense for those of you who watched 2016: Obama's America.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the worst/largest government scandal I've ever seen, it's even worse than F&F (which was downright evil) and it's happening right at election time.  And the scandal is directly attributable to the unbelievably bad judgement and amateurishness of the President.  If he gets re-elected we are doomed.  

And most of the media are doing everything they can to ignore it and cover for him. History will not be kind to Obama and his minions. This will be his legacy. Betrayal, abandonment, and death of Americans at the hands of savages that he's groveling to. Obama's presidency is the biggest inside job aimed at destroying American power and influence seen yet. It makes perfect sense for those of you who watched 2016: Obama's America.

This!

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

snip//
//snip

This is the most cowardice, idiotic, indecisive, anti-American, backward thinking, and treasonous response I have EVER heard. Of course you send them into harm's way. THAT'S THEIR JOB!!!!!!

<––See tank

If given the SITREP, there isn't one American Fighting Man, Door Kicker, Lead Farmer, Modern Day Bad Ass that wouldn't have left every ounce of their blood and guts in the Benghazi sand to support their brothers-in-arms. If the Sec. of State, Sec. of Defense, or POTUS can't make the decision to put them in harm's way for over 7 hours. Let the men with boots on the ground make that decision. It wouldn't take 7 seconds.
Might I remind you of two operators that demanded to be inserted into a crash site, under insurmountable odds, with limited ammunition, facing an angry mob of indigenous personnel to save one Blackhawk crew.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Wow.  "inappropriate judgement"?  What would that encompass?

Lots of points surfacing on this event.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, in theory.

Generally there is some build up, however.  In this case, I can't see it happening that quickly.

Maybe it is just hyperbole.

If there is even a kernel of truth to Ham being relieved due to what occurred of 9/11, that kernel and all the other information coalesce to imply some very disturbing things about the administration. I'm not entirely sure I can continue to believe that this is just unintentionally malfeasant, incompetent, and myopic decision making. The only thing that slows me from calling it treason is that I just can't see the motive for these actions being intentional.

If Obama gets another 4 years after this, we are going to be in for some really hairy shit.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, in theory.
Generally there is some build up, however.  In this case, I can't see it happening that quickly.[/quote]

I can.
Possible Scenario:

Gen Ham: Sir, based on the emails we have received I have teams ready to go.

Unknown Authority: Gen. Ham, stand down your troops. You are not authorized to send military forces.

Gen Ham: Screw that, Sir. Those are our people. We can save them. I'm sending our troops in to get them.

UA: You'll regret this. *click*

*ring ring*

Duty NCO: Hello?

UA: Give me the second in command.

XO: What can I do for you, Sir?

UA: Relieve Gen Ham and stand down the teams on alert.

Total time: 1:30.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Any corroboration of this rumor?
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Any corroboration of this rumor?

Didn't happen.

They weren't anywhere near Libya on 9/11.

The Stennis group deployed from Bremerton in late August and had entered the Navy 5th Fleet's area of operations in the Middle East on Oct. 17 after sailing across the Pacific.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If it was a Republican

But nothing this insane would happen or even occur to a Republican to do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 2:55:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on!

Who told you about Phase Two Bravo?

Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:06:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, in theory.

Maybe it is just hyperbole.

If there is even a kernel of truth to Ham being relieved due to what occurred of 9/11, that kernel and all the other information coalesce to imply some very disturbing things about the administration. I'm not entirely sure I can continue to believe that this is just unintentionally malfeasant, incompetent, and myopic decision making. The only thing that slows me from calling it treason is that I just can't see the motive for these actions being intentional.

If Obama gets another 4 years after this, we are going to be in for some really hairy shit.

Watch 2016, it will suddenly make sense.

TL;DR - anti-colonial leftist, brainwashed as a useful idiot, sees America as the primary source of evil and is tearing down every edifice that allowed us to get where we are so as to undermine our ability to inflict our evil on others.  Assuming that view is correct, the man honestly thinks destroying us is saving the world, that by implementing his marxist programs he is helping people.  There is nothing more dangerous than a committed true believer, especially when he is as wrong and misguided as only a leftist can be.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#41]
IMHO,I am beginning to wonder that Christopher Stevens was sacrificed. Did he know something that the Obama Administration did not want to get out
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:22:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm hoping he starts talking.  

If he values his career he won't.

Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Nothing to see here.

Just go vote for the common man and the middle class hero Obama. He will give you I phone I hear.

Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

His career is over. The subtle meaning behind this is that its his fault. (The deaths) They wont SAY that but every window licker in the country will hear the MSM say , 4 Americans died and this guy got relieved= It was his fault.

The only way he can save his "career" is to spill the beans.

I doubt he will.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:42:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If his Wiki is to be believed, Ham had PTSD, so any testimony would have that highlighted.
I think he was in Nevada a day or so prior, although physical location on that day is not known.
Nothing I have found says anything about future assignments. May be as simple as if you want to retire as a **** instead of ***, or be brought up on insubordination (if the rumors about him wanting to go ahead anyway have any credence - and it is the Interweb).

Could have been something along the lines of 'we are ready to respond' and told 'do nothing until the JAG review and committee of lawyers (Leon - '63 Santa Clara University School of Law, Hillary -
J.D. Yale Law, '73 and Barry - J.D. Harvard '91) have determined a legal action, and Ham said WTF? we're going and got the hook.

The investigation of the lavish spending of his AFRICOM predecessor is interesting - has run 17 months and still pending with Panetta (a disposition no doubt coming after the elections)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_E._Ward

Do these things always take that long? Curious.

Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:44:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glad I wasn't the only one.

holy cow, so did I.
Our minds are forever burned with Arfcom...
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:54:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't see these two weasles (McCain, Grahamm) lifting a finger to do anything.

This thread is not about them, it's about your hero in the White House.

Not voting for 0bama. Am voting for Romney.

Donk's right, though, especially about Graham.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I read the whole thing and finished asking myself: "so is this guy a member here" ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 5:37:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He hasn't even been in command 2 years yet.
He is being relieved.
The only real question is why.
For comparison, Kip Ward had 3 1/2 years in command.

3 years for a cocom is fairly standard (curious what the actual average is for geo-COCOMs.)

Good question. I looked at the UCC histories, threw it all into Excel and here are the averages (USSOUTHCOM data was not readily available, acting commanders with short terms, i.e. a few days or month or so were not included, and current commanders were also not included as their terms are not complete)

Here's what I came up with for averages:

EUCOM -               4.082   years
AFRICOM -            3.436   years
USSOCOM -          3.025   years
USPACOM -           3.006  years
USSTRATCOM -    2.714  years
USTRANSCOM -    2.667  years
CENTCOM -            2.477  years
USNORTHCOM -    2.197  years
USSOUTHCOM

When I take the average of all the commanders, I come up with 3.0305 years, so Sylvan's guess was pretty close

Depending on when Rodriguez assumes command, Ham will likely be well under the average, having started 3/8/11. I'm guessing a quick confirmation for Rodriguez, and maybe a change-over in February or thereabouts?

General Ham's assignments are in the Wiki, haven't seen much (good or bad) from those who worked with/for him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm sure Panetta knows much more about deploying combat troops than Ham.

What he meant was,'we had an illegal op going down, that we didn't make Ham privy to, it went bad and we need everybody to burn"
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top