Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#1]
That rig in the OP has got to be the dinkiest little thing I've ever seen...

Makes me miss the days of being a Company Man.

- AG
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does a degree in geology help in this field?

depending on what you want to do, yes.

oil companies love geologists.

they are the ones that figure out where the oil and gas are located.

also, some service companies like mudlogging companies like geologists, but the pay will undoubtedly be better with an oil/gas company.

I'm in my first year of a geology degree and have heard some secondhand stories of fresh graduates making some serious cash. Thanks for the insight

As a jr geo there is more money in Oil and Gas than in Mining.

I have 4 Geologists that work for me, with the highest salary (30 year hand) making $165K.  Most O&G geologists have master's degrees.  I have a Tech that is a kid freshly from college with a geo degree that we are grooming to be a full geo that makes $65K.

- AG
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Off the coast of Cabinda Province (West Africa)....

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]

A couple I found, sorry theyre off my phone.

Link Posted: 5/13/2011 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Bumping the thread to ask a question of you oilfield guys.

Any of you folks deal with Sanjel USA? I have been looking at Oilfield driving jobs up in the Williston area. Sanjel had a recruiting session here yesterday, but they were specifically hiring for Riverton WY and it was mandatory you relocate there (not gonna happen). So I mentioned their Williston operation and the recruiters seemed to like that I was interested in that area. I would like opinions from folks who do this type of work. Financially, is it feasible to drive back down to WY on my off-days? "Man-Camps" are no big deal, and I would put up with that over dragging my trailer up there, especially in the winter months. I know the money is pretty darn good right now up in that area...much better then driving jobs down here. The housing situation up in that area sucks ass from what I hear, and that's why they have moved in "accommodations" for the workers.

Not sure if I want to drive water/tanker/frac trailers, etc, or go the well servicing route. All I know is that I don't want to do a normal OTR gig...just too boring IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/13/2011 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Any of you folks deal with Sanjel USA? I have been looking at Oilfield driving jobs up in the Williston area. Sanjel had a recruiting session here yesterday, but they were specifically hiring for Riverton WY and it was mandatory you relocate there (not gonna happen). So I mentioned their Williston operation and the recruiters seemed to like that I was interested in that area. I would like opinions from folks who do this type of work. Financially, is it feasible to drive back down to WY on my off-days? "Man-Camps" are no big deal, and I would put up with that over dragging my trailer up there, especially in the winter months. I know the money is pretty darn good right now up in that area...much better then driving jobs down here. The housing situation up in that area sucks ass from what I hear, and that's why they have moved in "accommodations" for the workers.

Not sure if I want to drive water/tanker/frac trailers, etc, or go the well servicing route. All I know is that I don't want to do a normal OTR gig...just too boring IMHO.

They were recruiting at school as well, but I went with Schlumberger as a wrench in Midland TX.
Link Posted: 5/13/2011 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Why are they flying the Puerto Rican flag at the same height as the American flag?

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 1:33:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

IM sent
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Why are they flying the Puerto Rican flag at the same height as the American flag?

Because it isn't that flag?  Texas has that distinction.  Our flag is flown at the same level when there are two flagpoles available.

Only state afforded that dignity.  Because we were at one time a sovereign nation.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top