Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 102
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can ban people, but you can't ban safety.

Safety science always finds a way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fun fact.

If you join a group called ar-15 nation on the facebook.  Then tell a transvestite that it needs to utilize its safety you will be banned.

You can ban people, but you can't ban safety.

Safety science always finds a way.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, we can argue about what position for the selector all day, but it's fact that this is the only way to turn your weapon into the arms room...

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, we can argue about what position for the selector all day, but it's fact that this is the only way to turn your weapon into the arms room...

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11071301_1127471813945482_6639993508043459374_n.jpg?oh=7ba4de55fb05bf0742436b1cc5434c24&oe=56779B8F

View Quote

On safe?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

On safe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11071301_1127471813945482_6639993508043459374_n.jpg?oh=7ba4de55fb05bf0742436b1cc5434c24&oe=56779B8F

On safe?

Looks like we finally agree

ETA- we have to turn in weapons on safe in my unit's armory as well....
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

One dollar? Lol.

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, that certainly put that issue to rest.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, that certainly put that issue to rest.
View Quote

The science has been settled, yet safety violators still exist.

The weapons handling community needs to adopt a zero tolerance attitude toward safety violators.

When safety violators emerge, the natural reaction should be an uncontrollable urge to ram the rock hard throbbing scientific truth of weapons safety down their safety violator throats.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Alas there will be one more.

I feel a ripple in the force
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Spreading the word of safety science in music form:

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a confession to make
I applied my safety after each engagement at the range today.
I also applied my safety on a empty and cleared rifle when I put it into the safe.
Mister H do you think spring science will keep my rifle in fighting condition?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Should have stuffed a PT belt in the chamber to make it triple safe.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Man I'm still laughing about how hard that picture backfired.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I also applied my safety on a empty and cleared rifle when I put it into the safe.

View Quote

Science says compare the number of threads on Arfcom about hammer springs wearing out to the number of threads about having an ND.

Then divide by 1.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:34:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Science says compare the number of threads on Arfcom about hammer springs wearing out to the number of threads about having an ND.

Then divide by 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then divide by 1.

I can't say I'd ever thought of it that way.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I pick up my AR right now it has an empty chamber, full magazine, BCG forward, hammer dropped, and the safety is off.

How else does one store an AR with a full magazine and an empty chamber?
View Quote

You know you can store it with an empty chamber, hammer back, safety on as well, correct?
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When the gun is hot I use the safety.

When in truck and home mode it is as I described above.

ETA: Empty chamber, full magazine, BCG forward, hammer dropped, and the safety is off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man- I'll try again -  for science.

What reL reason do you have for not using the safety.

Not feels...but real data proving that not using that tiny lever is bad.

I'm dying holding my breath.

When the gun is hot I use the safety.

When in truck and home mode it is as I described above.

ETA: Empty chamber, full magazine, BCG forward, hammer dropped, and the safety is off.

Treat all firearms as though they are loaded. You aren't doing it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That makes sense.

I not trying to be sarcastic, and I know all about the "those who have and those who will club," but I have not had an ND with the hammer down and the safety off.

However, I will start doing it with the hammer back, safety on, and an empty chamber.

PS: The safety is always on when the gun is hot or I am done shooting with a live chamber and a partially loaded magazine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#18]
So nice to see another person who came to the light.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Due to recent developments, the thread must go on.

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Due to recent developments, the thread must go on.
http://s10.postimg.org/51d5rsw09/nan36.jpg
View Quote
It's like it just got in lol
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#21]
When you're in the business of teaching stupid people how to properly handle their weapons, here on Arfcom business is good.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#22]
It lives!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It lives!
View Quote

A member quietly IM'd me thanking me for showing him the light, as he felt it had recently prevented him from possibly having an ND.

He was obviously a physically fit, mentally capable, good smelling person, because he read the thread and made the logical decision to stop leaving his AR on fire, and stopped needlessly pulling the trigger.

We must continue to teach Arfcom about professional weapons handling. Our very safety may depend on it.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#24]
While the vocal minority squawk and peacock selfishly looking for attention by promoting safety violations, I feel good that people who have an open mind and understand logic are able to learn from the thread and prevent mishap.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#25]
What about dry-fire practice mister_H? How do you feel about that? Do you never dryfire and just will away bad trigger disipline? And as for snap caps, they cost more than live ammo around here. It's like $5 for a box of 10 snap caps. Not to mention there was a case around here where a man thought he had snap-caps in his firearm, and had a negligent discharge. Please tell me how professionals such as yourself proceed with dry-firing safely.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:38:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What about dry-fire practice mister_H? How do you feel about that? Do you never dryfire and just will away bad trigger disipline? And as for snap caps, they cost more than live ammo around here. It's like $5 for a box of 10 snap caps. Not to mention there was a case around here where a man thought he had snap-caps in his firearm, and had a negligent discharge. Please tell me how professionals such as yourself proceed with dry-firing safely.
View Quote

When dry firing use the same precautions as you would wet firing.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:55:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You're welcome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're welcome.

Another gotcha question filled with bad logic and false dichotomies conceived only to be aborted by safety science!

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You're welcome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're welcome.

I see what you did there, and I appreciate the humor, however I think you'd agree when I say safety science is no joking matter!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:25:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I see what you did there, and I appreciate the humor, however I think you'd agree when I say safety science is no joking matter!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're welcome.

What humor? What about his response did you think was a joke?

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:38:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're welcome.

Wet firing. As we all should know that firing a weapon filled with water, or some type of liquid could lead to over pressure and a very unsafe firearm.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:01:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Wet firing. As we all should know that firing a weapon filled with water, or some type of liquid could lead to over pressure and a very unsafe firearm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're welcome.

Well, what is the proper way to fire a weapon that has been filled with liquid then? What is the safety protocol in that situation?

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/Pmv8aQKO6k0
View Quote

where

in

the

FUCK

did you find that?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#33]
don't end up like this guy, keep your selector on safe

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

where

in

the

FUCK

did you find that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/Pmv8aQKO6k0

where

in

the

FUCK

did you find that?

It found me, but it is basically the artistic representation of spreading safety science.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
don't end up like this guy, keep your selector on safe

http://cdn2.mommyish.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/juggalo-with-baby-and-PBR.jpg
View Quote

Scientifically speaking, Juggalos are a step above safety violators and people who don't understand how springs work.

In order to improve themselves, they should strive to be more like Juggalos as the next logical step in hierarchical progression.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm glad to see this thread come back. it's an arfcom treasure. this thread is a priceless essential piece of ARFCOMs creed. If the site had a national archives. This thread would be it's central focus. A magna carta of safety if you will.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#37]
[b]

People who store their ARs hammer down, don't understand how springs work.
View Quote

People who store their AR's with the hammer down are emulating one of two behaviors:

1.  they store their pistols decocked, so the rifle is done the same way
2.  they are used to following competition rules such as USPSA, where the hammer is down on an empty chamber when the weapon is cleared and safe

Only the military uses the condition of empty mag/chamber/cocked/safety-on.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

People who store their AR's with the hammer down are emulating one of two behaviors:

2.  they are used to following competition rules such as USPSA, where the hammer is down on an empty chamber when the weapon is cleared and safe

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]

Wat
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]

I don't play gun games, can you explain how attempting to fire a pistol or rifle is part of clearing it and making it safe?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't play gun games, can you explain how attempting to fire a pistol or rifle is part of clearing it and making it safe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]

In gun games you are at a range, pointing the pistol in a safe direction (down-range).  You are firing the pistol as part of clearing it because no one else at the range trusts you to have cleared it properly.  It has no applicability to clearing your own firearms in a safe manner.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In gun games you are at a range, pointing the pistol in a safe direction (down-range).  You are firing the pistol as part of clearing it because no one else at the range trusts you to have cleared it properly.  It has no applicability to clearing your own firearms in a safe manner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, now I remember.

There was a member here that had 4 NDs to his name utilizing that method. Seems legit.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Let's bring this back:

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Let's bring this back:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2n695hz.jpg
View Quote

Science fact.

It's common sense safety that we can all agree on.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, what is the proper way to fire a weapon that has been filled with liquid then? What is the safety protocol in that situation?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trick question, you don't fire a weapon that's been filled with water.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, you do. There is an established protocol for it, and a series of steps that allows it to be done safely.

It's no trick question, it's just beyond your skill level at this point.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You know you can store it with an empty chamber, hammer back, safety on as well, correct?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I pick up my AR right now it has an empty chamber, full magazine, BCG forward, hammer dropped, and the safety is off.

If you don't have a chamber flag in it as well, you clearly don't give a fuck about safety.

Thread is retarded.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you don't have a chamber flag in it as well, you clearly don't give a fuck about safety.

Thread is retarded.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thread is retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thread is retarded.

I'm sorry that you think treating every weapon as if it were loaded is retarded.  Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite you or your loved ones.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Thread is retarded.
View Quote
Chamber flags are for people who don't treat every weapon as if they were loaded, or to monitor groups of people who can't be trusted to treat every weapon as if they were loaded.

Try again.
Page / 102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top