ilovethisthread.jpg
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ilovethisthread.jpg
View Quote

+1

It's fun watching all the safety violators pontificate on why they are special, instead of stepping back & saying, "Yup, it's easy & smart to put the safety on & no reason to take it off unless/until you are ready to fire."  Course I'm of the USMC breed that always kept my safety on (see the previously posted USMC weapons conditions for the M-16 family), turned in his rifle butt first, bolt open, on SAFE to the armory, and never had to use a clearing barrel.  I guess it just comes easier to some of us than others.

I can't wait until we get to the spring science.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I see in Arfcom the safest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation dropping hammers, weapons left on fire; slaves to the mystery of how springs work. Fictional movies lines have us saying shit like, "this is my safety", while holding up our fat fingers. We're the middle children of history, man. No proper weapons handling. We have no common sense safety. No understanding of science. Our greatest obstacle is reading... our houses are our clearing barrels. We've all been raised on archaic weapons handling procedures and believe that one day we'd all be operators, and tactical firearms instructors. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good God, stop acting like a child.

It's so blindingly obvious to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that there are times when you must disengage the safety outside of shooting- like with a Glock (stupid design anyway really, but that's not the point), cleaning, dry fire etc.

That said, if there isn't a good reason to disengage it, DON'T. And if you do have to, you better be putting other precautions in to place.

That's no changing the argument. It's not making the scope of the OP dynamic. It's common fucking sense man.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you risk mitigate, bro?

Well, you do by using a safety.  But do you understand the concept why you're doing it?

Interesting choice of words, outside the scope of OP.  I see that when it is convenient for your argument, the specific scope of the OP is important.  When it isn't convenient for your argument, it isn't.

Anyways, it's pointless to argue when a rifle is in someone's hands or not, because the scope of the OP is dynamic to suit your purposes.  I'll just say I agree, check clear & engage your safety whenever you pick up your rifle.  

It's so blindingly obvious to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that there are times when you must disengage the safety outside of shooting- like with a Glock (stupid design anyway really, but that's not the point), cleaning, dry fire etc.

That said, if there isn't a good reason to disengage it, DON'T. And if you do have to, you better be putting other precautions in to place.

That's no changing the argument. It's not making the scope of the OP dynamic. It's common fucking sense man.

Who are acting like children?

This is supposedly a serious thread...  Gross!  Violator!  Sounds more like a school yard.  

It's on the ground or floor
It's in your hands
It's in your hands.

It's ok to infer when it supports OP's argument
It's not ok to infer when it doesn't support OP's argument.
Semantics matter, the vast majority of the higher educated world knows that.

And if you have to, you better put other precautions in place...  Like lock the action open.

Your message, if you actually give a shit about it, would probably reach more people if you climbed down.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Violators gonna violate.  "Is an ar-15 on safe safe?"  Not if it's immortalized as off safe for the world to see they hypocrisy of.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your message, if you actually give a shit about it, would probably reach more people if you climbed down.
View Quote

No.

First people must feel shame for their disgusting habits. Coddling people doesn't help them, it makes them weaker.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is supposedly a serious thread...  Gross!  Violator!  Sounds more like a school yard.  

It's in your hands
It's in your hands.

And if you have to, you better put other precautions in place...  Like lock the action open.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/MilcUCW0Os4/maxresdefault.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you do by using a safety.  But do you understand the concept why you're doing it?

Interesting choice of words, outside the scope of OP.  I see that when it is convenient for your argument, the specific scope of the OP is important.  When it isn't convenient for your argument, it isn't.

Anyways, it's pointless to argue when a rifle is in someone's hands or not, because the scope of the OP is dynamic to suit your purposes.  I'll just say I agree, check clear & engage your safety whenever you pick up your rifle.  

It's in your hands
It's in your hands.

You're not very good at twisting arguments...you do it, but it's so obvious it doesn't work.

The message is simply this: use the safety unless you have an exceptionally good reason not to, and have other precautions in place.

It's as simple as that.

Yet you keep bringing up non-issues like dry firing and disassembling a Glock which really has no place in the discussion except to say "yes you must disengage the safety to do those things, therefore do it VERY carefully"

It's not rocket science. Use your safety.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Violators gonna violate.  "Is an ar-15 on safe safe?"  Not if it's immortalized as off safe for the world to see they hypocrisy of.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/383/18558644653_81375efefb_o.jpg

View Quote

You dry fire, you make damn sure you check for an empty chamber, empty magazine and additionally there is no ammunition or loaded magazines anywhere near you.  Check clear again and dry fire at some target in a safe direction.

Glad you used my picture, if you zoom in you'll see the bolt is locked back.  Assuming it is loaded despite knowing I checked clear , it's also pointed in a safe direction.

Or are you all saying the act of turning a safety lever is more dangerous than pulling a trigger?  Only 1 thing has to go wrong pulling the trigger on an empty gun.  Multiple things have to go wrong flipping a safety switch on an empty rifle lying on the floor with the action locked open.

Risk mitigation.

I get your message about being safer and using a safety switch, I do.  But you all are being over the top ridiculous about it.  That's where your message is getting lost.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're not very good at twisting arguments...you do it, but it's so obvious it doesn't work.

The message is simply this: use the safety unless you have an exceptionally good reason not to, and have other precautions in place.

It's as simple as that.

Yet you keep bringing up non-issues like dry firing and disassembling a Glock which really has no place in the discussion except to say "yes you must disengage the safety to do those things, therefore do it VERY carefully"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's in your hands
It's in your hands.

It's as simple as that.

Just stop.  I posted without attacking whatsoever.  The inconsistencies pointed out are factual and also not attacking.

And I mentioned the precautions taken as you have graciously mentioned.

And we agree, you pick up a rifle, check clear and follow the four rules.

I've been pointing out to use the safety but never to trust it.  Could you settle down for one minute to acknowledge that simple fact for the benefit of anyone still reading this thread?

You're just trolling at this point.  Uncle.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh for fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh for fuck's sake.
View Quote

Agreed.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Lets sticky this thread
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agreed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh for fuck's sake.

Agreed.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think he's parodying what you were stating earlier.
You argued things that are rules are best practices. He's going with that mindset, and parodying what you're saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Originally Posted By Gator

I think he's parodying what you were stating earlier.
Quoted:

I've been in too many near tragedies because of a safety (excuse given).  I'm merely trying to hammer home rule 1, "treating a gun as if it were loaded." means you fucking assume there is no safety on the thing.

IN NO FUCKING PLACE ON RULE 1 of referenced rules does it say "flip the safety on."  You're not violating what isn't written.

Best practices are not the same as rules.

You argued things that are rules are best practices. He's going with that mindset, and parodying what you're saying.
What Madcap's saying with that is that, at a match, those are rules because they're enforceable.  Violate them, and there's someone there to do so and DQ/eject you.  In the non competition/range world, there's no enforcement.  Rules without the teeth of enforcement ARE guidelines, and in this case, ones to be taken very seriously.  But no one ejects you or DQs you from life for being cavalier with them (although safety violators may end up rather permanently ejecting himself or a poor bystander from life by being so careless).

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I get your message about being safer and using a safety switch, I do.  But you all are being over the top ridiculous about it.  That's where your message is getting lost.
View Quote

Well to be honest 44,000 views don't happen in nice polite threads about engaging the safety.

You got your self all bowed up and kept things going thereby showing how silly it is to allow your ego into any discussion of safety.

That helped by showing how silly it is to base your safety on how it effects your ego. Congratulation?

Any  time you are more worried about the TONE of the message than the CONTENT of the message should be a blunt indicator that you need to slow your roll and reassess priorites.

The message is not "getting lost", look at the poll.

Safety violators are in a big minority and will go the way of those that used to see no problem with finger on the trigger picts.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Throughout this thread, people have stated that the way I deliver my truths is offensive, and if I want to reach more people I should try a different approach.

Tell me how. I want safe and professional weapons handling to be adopted by all of Arfcom.

What is the best method for delivering science and facts, to an audience that is so stupid, so reckless, that their very actions defy common sense and logic?

We're talking about folks who pull the trigger to ensure there isn't a round in the chamber, as if there is no other way to ensure it is clear. These creatures, who stink of mildew and crotch sweat, have no idea how springs work.

Of course facts and science are going to offend these cretins.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well to be honest 44,000 views don't happen in nice polite threads about engaging the safety.

You got your self all bowed up and kept things going thereby showing how silly it is to allow your ego into any discussion of safety.

That helped by showing how silly it is to base your safety on how it effects your ego. Congratulation?

Any  time you are more worried about the TONE of the message than the CONTENT of the message should be a blunt indicator that you need to slow your roll and reassess priorites.

Safety violators are in a big minority and will go the way of those that used to see no problem with finger on the trigger picts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only 5 people out of 110 have changed from hammer down storage to locked with safety on. Not some huge indicator of "change". Nor is a 19 vote difference some kind of landslide.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Question: If ISIS attacks me this 4th of July, and I shoot them down, is it a safety violation if I have my weapon on 'fire' mode?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Question: If ISIS attacks me this 4th of July, and I shoot them down, is it a safety violation if I have my weapon on 'fire' mode?
View Quote
Since the world is made safer by the removal of ISIS, I would say it's a net safety increase.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmm...

Do you intend to shoot?
Are you pointing your weapon at something you intend to shoot?

I'd say the answer is pretty self-explanatory.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Throughout this thread, people have stated that the way I deliver my truths is offensive, and if I want to reach more people I should try a different approach.

Tell me how. I want safe and professional weapons handling to be adopted by all of Arfcom.

What is the best method for delivering science and facts, to an audience that is so stupid, so reckless, that their very actions defy common sense and logic?

We're talking about folks who pull the trigger to ensure there isn't a round in the chamber, as if there is no other way to ensure it is clear. These creatures, who stink of mildew and crotch sweat, have no idea how springs work.

Of course facts and science are going to offend these cretins.
View Quote

For starters, there are some that you just can't reach.  You know, the mouth breathers that make you think perhaps the freedom to own firearms isn't such a good idea.
You might actually reach a few, and they take it to heart - until the next American Idol is on.  

Some shaming is good.

When it goes over the top, to the point of getting simply silly, it just starts sounding stupid - and the message is lost.  Hence lots of questions about dry firing, Glocks, guns without safeties.  They know you break those rules at times, and there are times where they can be done safely with the proper precautions.  Then, even those with only a moderate number of brain cells to rub together write you off as a hypocrite.  How many, especially younger folks, don't respect police officers for handing out speeding tickets because they see the same ones flying down the street to go grab some donuts.  Then all respect is lost.

Videos are great.  More visceral.  All but the most gory stuff shouldn't be filtered (age appropriate of course).  They can really nail home the permanent consequences of carelessness or complacency.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Only 5 people out of 110 have changed from hammer down storage to locked with safety on. Not some huge indicator of "change". Nor is a 19 vote difference some kind of landslide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL and a Hard LOL.

5  admitted changing and if you think the "I don't know springs" guys are not use the safety voters  you are daft.

So 1 out of 3 still like hammer down and treating the world like their clearing barrel. Pretty much the definition of landslide.

Heck even at 19 out of 110 is a 17 point lead that if we were electing a president would be more than a landslide and into bloodbath regions.

Still wondering where the Glock safety is? Hint, you disengage it right before you get to the trigger.

Still mum on why you would hand a young child a loaded AR????

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Gun off safe with magazine and its pointed at me! Oh its ok its not an AR.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gun off safe with magazine and its pointed at me! Oh its ok its not an AR.

http://home.comcast.net/~sfischer397/pictures/stonercrb2.jpg  
View Quote

Yet you are still a safety violator. Congratulations????
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

LOL and a Hard LOL.

5  admitted changing and if you think the "I don't know springs" guys are not use the safety voters  you are daft.

So 1 out of 3 still like hammer down and treating the world like their clearing barrel. Pretty much the definition of landslide.

Heck even at 19 out of 110 is a 17 point lead that if we were electing a president would be more than a landslide and into bloodbath regions.

Still wondering where the Glock safety is? Hint, you disengage it right before you get to the trigger.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL and a Hard LOL.

Lol ok boss.

I had a large piece typed up bashing you but that's not my style. So I'm assuming your vision isn't very good or your attention to detail is poor, either way I already gave you an answer you just failed to grasp it.

And your Glock safety argument is fucking clown shoes

Like serious fucking clown shoes ... Are 13? Is that your edgy response? I just assumed you were an adult?

But let me know when you have something original. I got a couple of nerf guns, want pictures of those too
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lol ok boss.

I had a large piece typed up bashing you but that's not my style. So I'm assuming your vision isn't very good or your attention to detail is poor, either way I already gave you an answer you just failed to grasp it.

Like serious fucking clown shoes ...

But let me know when you have something original. I got a couple of nerf guns, want pictures of those too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL and a Hard LOL.

Lol ok boss.

Not so interested in nerf but you might just post a reason for putting a LOADED AR  in a childs hands. That one has my interest piqued.

Go ahead and lay out the bashing. I have already shown I can keep my ego out of the discussion and if I am wrong I will go above and beyond to keep the discussion on point and will admit my shortcomings post haste.

I am here for the learning and if I am off base you need lay it out and I will correct my bad unsafe behavior in very short order.

Now if on on the other hand you are bowing up a bit because you posted a stupid pict with a very young child  holding an loaded AR I might be inclined to gig you just a bit about it because Safety Shaming seem so much more effective.

Ball is in your court. Check your roll.

ETA:

This is what a kid who knows about safety looks like.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Lol ok boss.

Like serious fucking clown shoes ... Are 13? Is that your edgy response? I just assumed you were an adult?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol ok boss.

I'll see your kid with an AR, and raise you a kid behind a crew served weapon (on safe)

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'll see your kid with an AR, and raise you a kid behind a crew served weapon (on safe)

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/IMG_0297_zps5d10eb48.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol ok boss.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/IMG_0297_zps5d10eb48.jpg

Sweet!

I just checked it, you know cuz it's propped up in the living room and it's on full auto...

I'll never learn

ETA: but why is his fingers on the trigger

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:39:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Another kid who understands that engaging the safety is simply safer. Of course she knows that ARs with the safety off kill stuff.

She took that safety off when killin time came.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not so interested in nerf but you might just post a reason for putting a LOADED AR  in a childs hands. That one has my interest piqued.

Go ahead and lay out the bashing. I have already shown I can keep my ego out of the discussion and if I am wrong I will go above and beyond to keep the discussion on point and will admit my shortcomings post haste.

I am here for the learning and if I am off base you need lay it out and I will correct my bad unsafe behavior in very short order.

Now if on on the other hand you are bowing up a bit because you posted a stupid pict with a very young child  holding an loaded AR I might be inclined to gig you just a bit about it because Safety Shaming seem so much more effective.

ETA:

<a href="http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/GreybullPrecision/media/Turkeys%202014/DSC01111_zps107f0590.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/Turkeys%202014/DSC01111_zps107f0590.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol ok boss.

ETA:

<a href="http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/GreybullPrecision/media/Turkeys%202014/DSC01111_zps107f0590.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/Turkeys%202014/DSC01111_zps107f0590.jpg</a>

Sorry but the Glock safety side note was just stupid. You can look back at my previous post regarding professional weapons handling specifically with video it was in reference to.

Difference is details. I notice them. I see the detail of that AR in your photo and the details on Shades M60 and my AR...

Details man, details.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:02:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Weapon on safe when not intending to pull the trigger, so simple a child can do it!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sorry but the Glock safety side note was just stupid. You can look back at my previous post regarding professional weapons handling specifically with video it was in reference to.

Difference is details. I notice them. I see the detail of that AR in your photo and the details on Shades M60 and my AR...

Fact is you got trolled, and you believed it. Details man, details.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol ok boss.

ETA:

LOLs and again HARD LOLS.

Trolled??? WTF??

Here are kids who know about safety and killin things.

ARs off safe mean death.

Details means that all ARs are loaded. Treat them as such and don't put them in a young child hands, especially with the safety on on fire.

Cripes the only thing worse than laying your LOADED AR on the deck with the safety off is to put it in the hand of a young child with the safety off. Do you think rule #2 means much to a 3 year old????? Madness!!!!

Engage your safety, Billy, do it for the children (yours). REALLY.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Trolled??? WTF??

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/2014%20Whitetails/20141124_092304_zpsj3qwubpf.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/2014%20Whitetails/20141123_092050_zpswbznvpf2.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/Turkeys%202014/DSC00307_zps9ac3b0d7.jpg

ARs off safe mean death.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/Ar-15/DSC00772_zpsfb32c252.jpg

Details means that all ARs are loaded. Treat them as such and don't put them in a young child hands, especially with the safety on on fire.

Cripes the only thing worse than laying your LOADED AR on the deck with the safety off is to put it in the hand of a young child with the safety off. Do you think rule #2 means much to a 3 year old????? Madness!!!!

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/2014%20Elk/DSC01285_zpsadlpqj6d.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol ok boss.

ETA:

Trolled??? WTF??

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/2014%20Whitetails/20141124_092304_zpsj3qwubpf.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/2014%20Whitetails/20141123_092050_zpswbznvpf2.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/Turkeys%202014/DSC00307_zps9ac3b0d7.jpg

ARs off safe mean death.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/Ar-15/DSC00772_zpsfb32c252.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/2014%20Elk/DSC01285_zpsadlpqj6d.jpg

Maybe Billy shouldn't have painted the "flash hider" along with the rest of the "AR", then you might understand your folly.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#34]
John burns you are cracking me up. You must have not read anything I posted until I called out your ridiculous Glock post.

Keep them coming killer!

I don't know if it was on safe, might have been? Don't really care, something about electricity and motors.... Ah who cares! You really seem passionate about this, good for you

This is too funny.

That "AR" is still on full auto, unattended in my living room... Think I might go pick up an M60, I think I saw an SVD as well to go with it, perhaps a PSG 1 as well? But yeah, you keep at it!

Spread the word!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:22:40 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

John burns you are cracking me up. You must have not read anything I posted until I called out your ridiculous Glock post.

Keep them coming killer!

I don't know if it was on safe, might have been? Don't really care, something about electricity and motors.... Ah who cares! You really seem passionate about this, good for you

This is too funny.

That "AR" is still on full auto, unattended in my living room... Think I might go pick up an M60, I think I saw an SVD as well to go with it, perhaps a PSG 1 as well? But yeah, you keep at it!

Spread the word!

View Quote
Two of my four Dragunovs fire the same 6mm ammunition as  your pictured "AR" and my "M60".  The other two shoot 7.62x54R.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:23:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe Billy shouldn't have painted the "flash hider" along with the rest of the "AR", then you might understand your folly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol ok boss.

ETA:

Trolled??? WTF??

ARs off safe mean death.

Shut your mouth Shade ! I've been dropping little clues in every post

He is super passionate
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:27:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Two of my four Dragunovs fire the same 6mm ammunition as  your pictured "AR" and my "M60".  The other two shoot 7.62x54R.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep them coming killer!

This is too funny.

Spread the word!

Dude, you actually got 2 Dragunovs!?!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:30:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep them coming killer!

This is too funny.

Spread the word!

TIGR and SVD

Both on safe.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep them coming killer!

This is too funny.

Spread the word!

TIGR and SVD

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/2011-05-23_20-20-07_577.jpg

Both on safe.

that's sexy
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:45:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol ok boss.

ETA:

Trolled??? WTF??

ARs off safe mean death.

I am a million miles from folly here. Billy's bull schit post is not even remotely the point. He can't even figure out how the Glock safety works.
Engage the Safety, Pal, it is safer.

If one needs to carefully scrutinize a photo then the safety violation is already there. Safety is not a gotcha deal.

Plain and clear. That is how it is done and this guy gets it. That lung blood in the snow is not Photoshopped. Those elk died.

If you want to post picts of Toy Guns in a safety discussion then take your knocks like a good little silly bitch.The Big Boys are talkin and you need to pipe down and keep quiet if you can't play with grownup stuff.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:50:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I am a million miles from folly here. Billy's bull schit post is not even remotely the point. He can't even figure out how the Glock safety works.

If one needs to carefully scrutinize a photo then the safety violation is already there. Safety is not a gotcha deal.

Plain and clear. That is how it is done and this guy gets it. That lung blood in the snow is not Photoshopped. Those elk died.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/2014%20Elk/DSC01295_zpspuzxmf7q.jpg

If you want to post picts of Toy Guns in a safety discussion then take your knocks like a good little silly bitch.The Big Boys are talkin and you need to pipe down and keep quiet if you can't play with grownup stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/GreybullPrecision/2014%20Elk/DSC01295_zpspuzxmf7q.jpg

Dude, I get that you've got a hardon for OP Pelosi, and you're trying to emulate his mannerisms, but

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dude, I get that you've got a hardon for OP Pelosi, and you're trying to emulate his mannerisms, but  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well Pelosi was hot in her day but I sort of have a hard on for safety in this thread.

Kind of comes from see what happens when the AR comes off safe.

How about you go ahead and hang a picture of what you have seen die under a AR off safe?????

Engage your Safety, you don't want to blow your brains out or blow your guts out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:37:39 AM EDT
[#43]
This does not ever happen when the safety is engaged.

Engage  your safety unless you intend on killin.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When it goes over the top, to the point of getting simply silly, it just starts sounding stupid - and the message is lost.  Hence lots of questions about dry firing, Glocks, guns without safeties.  They know you break those rules at times, and there are times where they can be done safely with the proper precautions.  Then, even those with only a moderate number of brain cells to rub together write you off as a hypocrite.  How many, especially younger folks, don't respect police officers for handing out speeding tickets because they see the same ones flying down the street to go grab some donuts.  Then all respect is lost.
View Quote

The whole Glock argument is a typical "gotcha" type response. The fact that you have to drop the striker to disassemble a Glock has no bearing on whether or not keeping an AR with a magazine inserted on fire is a safe and professional practice.

Same with the dry firing argument. To claim there are instances where you technically violate a safety rule for training purposes, makes it acceptable to violate safety rules in all other instances, is a false conclusion.

In regards to losing respect, I don't need people to respect me. I am right.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:03:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He is super passionate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARs off safe mean death.

He is super passionate

I don't need clues Billy Boy.

Post your reasons for the picture. Want to play the "it's unloaded or it's not even a real gun" then accept to scorn and ridicule when the grownups are talkin.

Big Boys use real guns and play with big boys rules.

You play with toy guns and want to get in the game. It does not work.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:37:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The whole Glock argument is a typical "gotcha" type response. The fact that you have to drop the striker to disassemble a Glock has no bearing on whether or not keeping an AR with a magazine inserted on fire is a safe and professional practice.

Same with the dry firing argument. To claim there are instances where you technically violate a safety rule for training purposes, makes it acceptable to violate safety rules in all other instances, is a false conclusion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, the Glock and Dryfire argument do fit within the framework of the rules of safety, as both run the risk of there being a live round in the gun. Therefore its imperative to treat them as if there is a possibility of discharge and all that is entailed with that (Because weapons must always be treated as loaded!).

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Use your safety, Billy. You'll have a WHALE of a time explaining your ND to the cops!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:42:21 AM EDT
[#48]
I appreciate all of the science the OP has dropped ITT

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:52:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I appreciate all of the science the OP has dropped ITT
View Quote

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:06:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I see in Arfcom the safest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation dropping hammers, weapons left on fire; slaves to the mystery of how springs work. Fictional movies lines have us saying shit like, "this is my safety", while holding up our fat fingers. We're the middle children of history, man. No proper weapons handling. We have no common sense safety. No understanding of science. Our greatest obstacle is reading... our houses are our clearing barrels. We've all been raised on archaic weapons handling procedures and believe that one day we'd all be operators, and tactical firearms instructors. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
View Quote

I love you.
Page / 102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top