Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be in for a Colt or a Bushmaster.  Why aren't we buying this PFC the BEST?!

Just because it happens to coincide with a "group buy"?[V]
View Quote

WTF??  What's wrong with a Cav Arms rifle???  Some think Armalite is the best.  [red]If YOU want to do something with another brand/type or whatever, FEEL FREE. Perhaps you'll have guys lining up behind you to contribute. SteyrAUG came up with this idea, it's his "baby" and if you don't wish to participate, fine. Pissing in the soup however is discouraged--strongly.[/red]
View Quote

Thats true, I'd include Armalite also. Thanks.
View Quote

Don't forget the last part--it's true too.  You're welcome.
View Quote

I didn't forget the last part.  I don't mess around with toughguys![:)]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be in for a Colt or a Bushmaster.  Why aren't we buying this PFC the BEST?!

Just because it happens to coincide with a "group buy"?[V]
View Quote

WTF??  What's wrong with a Cav Arms rifle???  Some think Armalite is the best.
View Quote

Thats true, I'd include Armalite also. Thanks.
View Quote

OK, the ONLY reason I'm trying to make it coincide with the Group Buy is logistical reasons. Call me a selfish bastard but group buys can be long, complicated and time consuming. I'm trying to minimize the additional work on my end.

Also, the group buy coinciding is NOT monetarily motivated. The Cav 15 for Jessica will be at "cost." But I'm not telling you what that is. Shawn knows at that is all the confirmation I feel I will need.

ALSO, I'm kicking in $100 out of my pocket toward the rifle. No mention of who paid how much will be mentioned though.

BUT, everyone who contributes will be encouraged to include a card, which will be forwarded to Jessica with the rifle, on the assumption this goes through.

IN ADDITION, I gave 5 very good reasons why I CHOSE the Cav 15. You are not obligated in any way, shape or form to participate.

By all means, feel free to coordinate your own gift purchase of a Bushmaster, Colt or Armalite.
Link Posted: 4/6/2003 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
People just gotta bitch about something.

Put me down for $20 if this goes thru.
Link Posted: 4/6/2003 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
If this is really happening then I'm in for a $20.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2003 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will Cav Arms make the stock shorter? Why does'nt Cav Arms offer lowers with standard A2, A1 length stocks anyway?
View Quote

All of our CAV-15 MKII receivers will have A1 length stocks.  The current line of CAV-15 receivers is being discontiued.  The new ones should be suitable for smaller statured shooters, such as Pvt. Lynch.
View Quote

Thats Great!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 1:23:23 AM EDT
[#10]
If we're going to do this, we need to figure out a "Plan B" in case she is too messed up in the head to ever want to pick up another firearm as long as she lives...Many anti's are born because they were shot or know someone who was...

I don't know how much I can afford, but I'll keep checking this thread to see when or if it goes through..But, I'll be in for something...

Link Posted: 4/7/2003 2:45:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I am 2.5 hrs from Palestine, WV,...

... I could be a meeting place to get the rifle to her... (?) [We're not just gonna MAIL it to her, are we?!]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Im in
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#13]
With any extra money left over, see if you can also get a Beta-C for her since she ran out of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I think it's a good idea.  If some folks don't want to get on board or want to do something different, that's fine too.  I recommend a highly visible post if the response from her/her family is positive.  If she is receptive to the idea I'll make a contribution (don't know how much right now- I've got kids to feed too!).  
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm in for $20 also if it is a go. For anyone else interested I hear that Clint Black is starting a charity for the fallen troops.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Steyr, I can only do $20 man, but I am in. Please let me know when to send the funds. Will you accept paypal for this when the time comes??? As always, thanks for your efforts.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#18]
The rifle is only $700? Enough people have offered to contribute to get her a small arsenal by now! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in.  Those troops should have never been anywhere near a combat zone without long arms.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm in for $20.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Steyr,
IM me with your contact info (email addy or phone #).

I may have something to add to the deal.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#23]
[strike]I'm in for USD 25.[/strike]

Me and Jennifer are in for USD 25.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey I'm in for cash if this works out. I want to hear her story, I think if she ran out of ammo shooting those camel humping bastards then this is the least we can do as a showing of our gratitude. All of our troops are heroes to me, This is a chance to show one of them a special thanks for serving our country. Are you planning on any special engraving on the rifle?

I live about 2.5 hours from her in central West Virginia. I know of a local dealer who would most likely be very honored to help get this to her. Can he do the transfer at her house? I sure would be honored to help out. That would be awesome to salute her and give her a big hug. NOBODY deserves more respect than our troops! (Well, maybe the drill Instructors! KIDDING!)[headbang]
I've been to Elizabeth working on a bridge (just a couple miles north). Palestine is definately a small town.

By the way welcome my brother to this site (COZMD)[banana] he is stuck in communist Maryland, But when he comes home to West-By-God-Virginia we get out the Barrett and the Armalites and have some fun! [sniper]

Later,  COZ
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I sent a email to what was purportedly Jessica Lynch's address. I guess we'll see what comes back.

COZ if you know a local "good guy" FFL who is local enough to handle the transfer I'd be glad to give him the duty.

I'm also considering standardizing the donations at $15.00. People here are pretty patriotic and as a result inclined to dig deep for something like this. But if we keep the cap low, more people can participate.

In addition to the donation itself, I think it would be cool for everyone to include a "best wishes" card, all of which will be shipped with the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Steyr,

Thanks.
View Quote

Your inbox is full and your email isn't available.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#27]
So whats the latest idea for an inscription for the rifle?

I was thinking maybe something like:

[b]ser # PFC Jessica Lynch 1000
cal. 5.56 NATO
Semper Fidelis[/b]

and the selector could say: [b]SAFE[/b] and [b]MOLON LABE![/b]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steyr,

Thanks.
View Quote

Your inbox is full and your email isn't available.
View Quote

Doh!

Okay, IM should be good to go now.

FWIW, your IM was full too, or I'd have contacted you that way.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#29]
This is a great idea. Count me in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I have it on good authority that the email addy provided is correct.

Now just to wait and see.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would you like me to give you the phone # and mail addy?
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#32]
i'll donate 100 dollars to this. i'm in. email me at [email protected]. mind if I send cash? =]

Although I vote we get her a bushmaster instead. Bushmaster's are rolls royce of ar15s. =]
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i'll donate 100 dollars to this. i'm in. email me at [email protected]. mind if I send cash? =]

Although I vote we get her a bushmaster instead. Bushmaster's are rolls royce of ar15s. =]
View Quote

Thanks for your generosity.

But please note that the donations per memeber will be capped to allow more to particiapte and that the rifle chosen was not a Bushmaster for many previously cited reasons.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Would you like me to give you the phone # and mail addy?
View Quote

Not just yet. But do you know them?
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not just yet. But do you know them?
View Quote

Nope, I dont know them. But like I said, I would like to be one of the presenters of this gift(since I dont live far from her family) if it is possible.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I can provide a couple of as new 20 round mags if it would be of more help than cash since there does not seem to be a lack of cash donations..........cash or mags, whichever is the most needed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#37]

I'd be proud to offer up $20 for this.

Let me know how and when you need the cash.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 7:08:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Can I get here number in exchange for my donation ;o) I am in for 20 pm me with details and addy.

Thanks Ropes
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Steyer, I think the local FFL would do this he handles all of the transfers at the "Friends of the NRA" Dinner every year. I seen him win back an $800 rifle that he had donated and turn around and hand it to the Auctioneer who auctioned it off. He also goes to Camp Perry to shoot matches. He is a straight up good guy.

COZ
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#43]
May I suggest that we NOT cap donations. Use the money that comes in to provide a full and proper outfit, so that all she needs to do to shoot it is take it to the range, load it up and get to work.

1. Buy the rifle
2. put it in a decent hardsided case
3. provide an AR15.com soft case for it
4. 10 thirty round USGI mags
5. 5 twenty round USGI mags
6. 1 case of xm193 ammunition (more if funds allow)
7. Otis tactical cleaning kit with lots of patches, 5.56mm bore brushes and a couple chamber brushes plus cleaning solvents
8. Proper tactical sling
9. Shooting glasses
10. Hearing protection
11. Decent toolbox to hold all the accessories in an organized fashion.

Any money left over is presented as a check.

This way, the more people who donate, the more complete a kit she gets.

If she doesn't want the rifle, give her a check for the whole amount.

BTW, I'm in for 25.00

Link Posted: 4/8/2003 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got a email reply that the addy I have is correct. And I was provided with their physical address.

I replied that all we would now need is confirmation that she would accept the rifle. Obviously that might take a while.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Word has it, when she was rescued, they told her, "We are US soldiers and we are here to rescue you."  She grinned and said, "Yah I'm a US soldier too!"   I'll bet she would enjoy the rifle and would enjoy even more the fact that we all thought to present it to her.  Frankly, I think it shows respect.

Shawn made a very good point when he mentioned the true market value of this rifle once she touches it.  I say give her the rifle, not money.  Plus, she might not need money for too much longer, not if she gets a decent agent (have you seen this chick?  guarantee you, she will be hosting a reality TV show before the year is out.)  

As far as publicity is concerned, I'm not advocating that we brag but I do think a little bit of publicity for CavArms might be fair.  

I'm in, [email protected].  

PS--Her father, in an interview, mentioned that she wore her combat boots under her prom dress.  That says it all, doesn't it?  Don't be too quick to assume that she doesn't want pink....
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
[b][red][size=4]Nobody cares if you are against it or why. This isn't the thread for that kind of stuff. If we want to do it we will. If you don't want to do it start another thread. O.K.?[/size=4][/red][/b]
View Quote
I suggest you re-read the title of the thread, see the cute little question marks?  That implies a question and gives all who respond a right to an opinion.  Now I feel much better, how about you?[;)]
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#47]
No comment either way at this time I have read to many conflicting stories about her supposedly POW Status.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 12:28:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b][red][size=4]Nobody cares if you are against it or why. This isn't the thread for that kind of stuff. If we want to do it we will. If you don't want to do it start another thread. O.K.?[/size=4][/red][/b]
View Quote
I suggest you re-read the title of the thread, see the cute little question marks?  That implies a question and gives all who respond a right to an opinion.  Now I feel much better, how about you?[;)]
View Quote

Confederate I agree with you 100% SteyrAUG is asking for everyone's opinion, not a donation only.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No comment either way at this time I have read to many conflicting stories about her supposedly POW Status.
View Quote

You must be talking about her supposed POW status as reported by the likes of Delta Uniform.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 6:57:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So whats the latest idea for an inscription for the rifle?

I was thinking maybe something like:

[b]ser # PFC Jessica Lynch 1000
cal. 5.56 NATO
[red]Semper Fidelis[/red][/b]

and the selector could say: [b]SAFE[/b] and [b]MOLON LABE![/b]
View Quote

seeing how she is in the army and not the marines I somehow find this inappropriate.

Seeing how she kicked ass all by herself somthing with a ring like "army of one" would be better.
Page / 6
Top Top