Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 89
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sold my bitcoin for 517 FRNs in 2014. I should have put it back in when it was in the 200s could have gotten two bitcoins.... but I switched phones and never put coinbase back on it and forgot about it.

Now I'm kicking myself. So this doesn't happen again, I want to start buying some every month.

Anybody got an idea if I would be better off buying some LTC or just sticking with BTC? I'm trying to get up to date but it seems like a ton has changed, especially with Alts since I was looking into it last.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
This does not answer any of my questions thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
so what is a good buy right now if I wanted to gamble a bit?
eth? ripple?
i got coinbase setup so i can buy eth, but what service to buy ripple?
a bit new to this stuff
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so what is a good buy right now if I wanted to gamble a bit?
eth? ripple?
i got coinbase setup so i can buy eth, but what service to buy ripple?
a bit new to this stuff
View Quote
What to buy......obviously get both. If you have coinbase eth is no issue. If you want ripple you need to use an exchange to put it in a walet of your choosig.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sold my bitcoin for 517 FRNs in 2014. I should have put it back in when it was in the 200s could have gotten two bitcoins.... but I switched phones and never put coinbase back on it and forgot about it.

Now I'm kicking myself. So this doesn't happen again, I want to start buying some every month.

Anybody got an idea if I would be better off buying some LTC or just sticking with BTC? I'm trying to get up to date but it seems like a ton has changed, especially with Alts since I was looking into it last.
View Quote
LTC just went from 4 to 36 to 24 in about two weeks...  Lots of volatility, not sure it's a good time to buy.  I have quite a bit, but I'm just holding it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LTC just went from 4 to 36 to 24 in about two weeks...  Lots of volatility, not sure it's a good time to buy.  I have quite a bit, but I'm just holding it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since the time of your post, LTC is now getting even closer to $20.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even surprising.

I had a thought to sell at 38 or whatever the peak was (that's close to where it peaked a couple of years ago), but I'm not really holding it to sell for profit right now.  I'm looking long game -- I think now that it's on coinbase it will be more mainstream as time goes on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I believe in the arfcom rule of investment:

By the time it appears on this site. It's too late.
View Quote
Bitcoin appeared on this site like 6 years ago...

KStanton was posting about it long before it was worth anything meaningful.

EDIT:  Lol, just found an archived thread from 2013 where people were talking about how big of a ripoff and scam it was at $100 per each.  Gonna collapse any day now...
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

EDIT:  Lol, just found an archived thread from 2013 where people were talking about how big of a ripoff and scam it was at $100 per each.  Gonna collapse any day now...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe in the arfcom rule of investment:

By the time it appears on this site. It's too late.

kstanton left the site sitting on about 12 million bucks, give or take.  No idea how much he finally sold out at, but he was in the process of selling it all and retiring to a life of luxury when he did.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

kstanton left the site sitting on about 12 million bucks, give or take.  No idea how much he finally sold out at, but he was in the process of selling it all and retiring to a life of luxury when he did.
View Quote
hoo lee shit
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

hoo lee shit
View Quote
Given the drastic spike in btc prices during the week or two after kstanton's post I think he cashed out at closer to 36 million.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Given the drastic spike in btc prices during the week or two after kstanton's post I think he cashed out at closer to 36 million.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hoo lee shit
I think he already had contracts on it, so he may not have been able to take advantage of that spike -- but even if not he made enough money to retire comfortably on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Like it or not, blockchain is the future.
View Quote
My pile of ETH wants to believe.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My pile of ETH wants to believe.
View Quote
I got in on ETH sub $20
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

you didn't fucking invest wisely, you got lucky, just like the degenerate gamblers at vegas that "wins" every one in a while.

You guessed correctly, thats it. If you would have lost 10K you sure as shit wouldn't be posing about it now would you.

"investing in bitcoin" is dumber than "investing in gold"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

you didn't fucking invest wisely, you got lucky, just like the degenerate gamblers at vegas that "wins" every one in a while.

You guessed correctly, thats it. If you would have lost 10K you sure as shit wouldn't be posing about it now would you.

This guy is fucking salty. Lol.

Quoted:

I got in on ETH sub $20
I don't have a ton, but my avg is also well under 20.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got in on ETH sub $20
I'll probably get in around $100
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Do we have a cryptocurrency thread? Is there an official one somewhere?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Do all of these site where you open an account require identity documents to comply with FATCA?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Do all of these site where you open an account require identity documents to comply with FATCA?
View Quote
Yep.

localbitcoins.com is the best way to acquire BTC without federal reporting.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote
I'm really more concerned with privacy than Federal reporting.  I don't fuck around on my taxes.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm really more concerned with privacy than Federal reporting.  I don't fuck around on my taxes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

In my opinion, you can trust both Coinbase and Circle about as much as you can trust PayPal.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#23]
If you're in crypto and you don't know who this guy is, then you're doing it wrong:

Union Square's Wilson on VC Market
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Please update thread title to 'Bitcoin surpasses $1900US'.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Please update thread title to 'Bitcoin surpasses $1900US'.
View Quote
Yeah, I was looking a few minutes ago and saw $1898, figured $1900 was happening soon.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Good news, but guys, don't bet the farm on this speculating in Bitcoin.

It is simply the first widely accepted entrant in the world of digital currency.  It is far from perfect, and has both technical and regulatory issues that the powers-that-be can't accept.

World governments and the banking industry have not counterpunched yet.  Do NOT think they won't.

As this plays out, the distributed peer-to-peer direct nature will continue to be desirable for some.  But not for all, most of whom just want convenience and low fees. For those people, a "better" option is coming.  Here's a bit of an e-mail I just got from ITU.  Read it and think about what will happen to Bitcoin as these government-based digital currencies are rolled out.  (For those who don't know ITU, it's a UN agency with nation-states as its primary members (corporations and other orgs have a kind of second-class membership.)

Subject: New ITU-T Focus Group Digital Currency including Digital Fiat Currency

We are pleased to invite you to join the work of the new ITU-T Focus Group
on Digital Currency including Digital Fiat Currency (FG DFC). This
Focus Group aims to build a bridge between
ITU’s technical expertise and the requirements of financial-services
stakeholders interested in implementing secure digital fiat currency.

Our objectives

The Focus Group will seek input from a diverse selection of stakeholders to
develop a ‘reference architecture’ describing the components and
dynamics of the ecosystem to support digital
fiat currency. The group will investigate technical platforms capable
of providing the security necessary to prevent the counterfeiting of
digital fiat currency, in addition describing demands on network
infrastructure and functionality.  Analyzing the features
and characteristics of digital fiat currency platforms, the group will
explore how digital fiat currency could assist in overcoming the
interoperability challenges associated with closed-loop payment systems.
The Focus Group will be chaired by David Wen, Chief
Scientist of eCurrency.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Spoken like a true Bitcoin maximalist.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two reasons why I'm not in the Etherium camp.

The first is that the creator, Vitalik Buterin, is what Arfcom would consider the classic Autist. He's the most intelligent developer I've ever seen, bar none, but his ability to grow the community around Etherium that it needs to succeed is lacking. I don't trust that he won't make a terrible decision because it makes sense technically but damages the coin's reputation.

The second is that Etherium's central purpose - encoding contracts using formal logic - is something that I think some people believe they want, but no one actually wants. Consider that a judge's job is often about the intent of the parties and determining if one of them is acting in bad faith. With an Etherium contract, intent is irrelevant. If you write a contract with buggy logic (and no code can be written that is free of bugs), you're betting every penny you put behind the contract that it cannot be exploited. That's terrifying.
Spoken like a true Bitcoin maximalist.  
His points are valid.  These competing projects are definitely at the stage where individual personalities can make or break them.  And the point about smart contracts and the inevitability of bugs is an interesting one, and one that many people can understand.

Not to mention governance structures.  No government regulator is going to allow a seal of approval on a cryptocurrency architecture where it's possible for a fork to drain value from a 401K account.  Period.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
His points are valid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
His points are valid.
Actually, they're not.  They're the typical, regurgitated anti-"choose your coin" (in this case ETH) FUD talking points.

Quoted:
And the point about smart contracts and the inevitability of bugs is an interesting one, and one that many people can understand.
Not that interesting at all.  Trillions of $$$ are routinely transmitted around the world running on centralized software that is every bit as capable of being "buggy".

Quoted:
Not to mention governance structures.  No government regulator is going to allow a seal of approval on a cryptocurrency architecture where it's possible for a fork to drain value from a 401K account.  Period.
None of these peer-to-peer, decentralized, trustless systems are meant to be 401K replacements.

They will however force the birthing of a new economy.  Bitcoin was supposed to be dead how many times by now?  Here it is pushing new highs.

The same narrative and FUD is now routinely pushed by BTC maximalists about ETH.  Here it is pushing new highs.

Soon there will be something else...pushing new highs.

Like I said before, we're literally at the dawning of a new technological revolution.  Many people will fight it and resist it to their own detriment.  Others will wed themselves ideologically to their "chosen" coin (in most cases BTC right now), again to their own detriment.

Others will intelligently seek out and identify projects of opportunity and potential value and they will be rewarded accordingly.  Just like those who did the same during the onset of the internet.

Lastly, BTC dominance has cratered through the 50% mark and not likely to come back ever again.  This is the one time where I'm actually confident in saying, "it's different this time".

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-19/bitcoin-soars-above-1950-despite-losing-crypto-dominance
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Actually, they're not.  They're the typical, regurgitated anti-"choose your coin" (in this case ETH) FUD talking points.

Not that interesting at all.  Trillions of $$ are routinely transmitted around the world running on centralized software that is every bit as capable of being "buggy".

None of these peer-to-peer, decentralized, trustless systems are meant to be 401K replacements.

They will however force the birthing of a new economy.  Bitcoin was supposed to be dead how many times by now?  Here it is pushing new highs.

The same narrative and FUD is now routinely pushed by BTC maximalists about ETH.  Here it is pushing new highs.

Like I said before, we're literally at the dawning of a new technological revolution.  Many people will fight it and resist it to their own detriment.  Others will wed themselves ideologically to their "chosen" coin (in most cases BTC right now), again to their own detriment.

Others will intelligently seek out and identify projects of opportunity and potential value and they will be rewarded accordingly.  Just like those who did the same during the onset of the internet.

Lastly, BTC dominance has cratered through the 50% mark and not likely to come back ever again.  This is the one time where I'm actually confident in saying, "it's different this time".

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-19/bitcoin-soars-above-1950-despite-losing-crypto-dominance
View Quote
No, actually they are, and when you dismiss some issues that are obvious, you run the risk of coming across as someone who, for whatever reason, wants to pump Ethereum rabidly like a penny-stock shill on an investment message board.     Don't.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not that interesting at all.  Trillions of $$ are routinely transmitted around the world running on centralized software that is every bit as capable of being "buggy".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His points are valid.

Quoted:
And the point about smart contracts and the inevitability of bugs is an interesting one, and one that many people can understand.

Quoted:

It's hard to "regurgitate" something I've been saying since the very birth of these coins. I get that there are people out there saying things like this in order to serve their own interests, but I've not done that. I was asked my opinion and I gave it.

Yes, Bitcoin is <50% of the total crypto market right now. I agree that it's extremely unlikely to ever regain a commanding dominance - but what I'm seeing is that crypto in general is gaining against USD. To me, that indicates that more people are becoming interested in the concept, and that's a good thing. What I don't see is any clear leader in the crowd of altcoins out there with the exception of Ethereum, in which I don't have faith for the reasons I previous stated.

There are fortunes that will be made (and lost) in cryptocoins in the coming years. I had my shot at making my fortune with Bitcoin, and while I didn't make "life-changing" money out of it, I did well enough.

FWIW, I still have a ton of altcoins from when I was playing with them, back when Cryptsy was new. I got in touch with the people behind that exchange and they scared the shit out of me; I pulled ~2 BTC (at the time) worth of various altcoins out of the exchange and just sat on it. I have no idea what they're worth right now; I'll check in a year or two.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#31]
So what is everyone's thoughts on litecoin.  I have some ETH, and am contemplating buying more of that vs some litecoin.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Also, I have been researching some altcoins, and noticed some have upper caps on the number that can be found, and some do not.  So some are inflationary in nature, and some are not?  Wouldn't the ones that are not inflationary have an advantage in long term price?  Or am I totally off?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also, I have been researching some altcoins, and noticed some have upper caps on the number that can be found, and some do not.  So some are inflationary in nature, and some are not?  Wouldn't the ones that are not inflationary have an advantage in long term price?  Or am I totally off?
View Quote
I wouldn't touch an altcoin without a hard cap on the number in existence.

One of the primary draws to bct (and many crypto coins in general) is that they are deflationary in nature.  Every time someone loses their BTC password, their coin(s) are lost forever.  This increases the value of the coins that are left.

IMO, anything without a hard cap is going to zero, you don't even get the reassurance of a government requiring people to accept it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No, actually they are, and when you dismiss some issues that are obvious, you run the risk of coming across as someone who, for whatever reason, wants to pump Ethereum rabidly like a penny-stock shill on an investment message board.     Don't.
View Quote
That's quite a stretch.

I only mentioned ETH twice in my previous reply because SimonPhoto's earlier commentary about ETH.  I hold a variety of crypto right now, including BTC.

You seem to be pretty defensive about ETH. Not sure why.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Deflationary, not Inflationary.  But yeah, the big draw of BTC for speculators is that it's method of scaling up to handle more value is to deflate by design.

Back in 2010, 10,000 BTC was the price for a Pizza.  Now it's like 0.01 BTC.

Also, that really happened.  That poor son of a bitch paid $19.5 Million for a pizza in 2017 dollars.  The thread still exists here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

It's painful to even think about it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Deflationary, not Inflationary.  But yeah, the big draw of BTC for speculators is that it's method of scaling up to handle more value is to deflate by design.

Also, that really happened.  That poor son of a bitch paid $19.5 Million for a pizza in 2017 dollars.  The thread still exists here:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen that story.  Fuck  

Does ETH have a hard cap or no?

Also, does anyone ever think there will be a "stock split" type of event with these currencies?  Make it smaller denominations for transactions?  Stocks do it for psycological reasons (people have a higher tendency to buy if the price per share is $20-$100).
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't matter, because whenever the developer doesn't like how it works he just hard forks it and makes it something different, and for some reason the community follows him.

ETH should have been destroyed when they did that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It doesn't matter, because whenever the developer doesn't like how it works he just hard forks it and makes it something different, and for some reason the community follows him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did they do with ETH?  I'm fairly new to all of this.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's quite a stretch.   

I only mentioned ETH twice in my previous reply because SimonPhoto's earlier commentary about ETH.  I hold a variety of crypto right now, including BTC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's quite a stretch.   

Your apparent enthusiasm for Ethereum stretches beyond the current thread -- see  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1993243_Bitcoin---Should-I-cash-out-.html.  That's fine; everybody has a favorite contender for something, I guess.

Defensive about Ethereum?  Nope.  If anything, I would hate to see people who can barely spell Bitcoin or Ethereum or Ripple or Sexcoin or whatever putting money in thinking it's a can't lose investment.  It's speculation, and I shared some of the other issues that will affect  future value and acceptance of these decentralized cryptocurrencies, which should be a factor for anyone thinking about putting in a toe.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-why-ethereums-hard-fork-will-cause-problems-coming-year/
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Your apparent enthusiasm for Ethereum stretches beyond the current thread -- see  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1993243_Bitcoin---Should-I-cash-out-.html.  That's fine; everybody has a favorite contender for something, I guess.

Defensive about Ethereum?  Nope.  If anything, I would hate to see people who can barely spell Bitcoin or Ethereum or Ripple or Sexcoin or whatever putting money in thinking it's a can't lose investment.  It's speculation, and I shared some of the other issues that will affect  future value and acceptance of these decentralized cryptocurrencies, which should be a factor for anyone thinking about putting in a toe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's quite a stretch.   

So which would you look at now and why?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-why-ethereums-hard-fork-will-cause-problems-coming-year/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn.  My enthusiasm just took a hit.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETH is a shitcoin run by people who have no business anywhere near something like it.

Why in the fuck coinbase bought in I cannot fathom.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

ETH is a shitcoin run by people who have no business anywhere near something like it.

View Quote
Which crypto currencies do you like?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of them, really.  I have some LTC.  There are some good concepts out there, but poor execution in most of them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An excerpt:  "Soft forks and hard forks are becoming an accepted way of life for blockchains, and that is dangerous. . . . All parties have a right to know beforehand how issues will be resolved.  Future blockchains need built-in governance systems."

The forking/governance issues discussed in that article exist for Ethereum, but also for Bitcoin and any others built atop permissionless blockchains.  The current model will not fly with governments and regulators looking at digital currencies (and related tech such as blockchain for application in other areas).  I can't put it any more plainly than that.

It's one thing for Linus Torvalds to start throwing hissy fits and shitting on Linux kernel developers.  Oooh, an Open Source project bogs down, news at 10! 
But when you get into the realm of financial transactions and value on the scale on which this is being implemented ... there's a different standard of reliability and control that gets applied.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
An excerpt:  "Soft forks and hard forks are becoming an accepted way of life for blockchains, and that is dangerous. . . . All parties have a right to know beforehand how issues will be resolved.  Future blockchains need built-in governance systems."

The forking/governance issues discussed in that article exist for Ethereum, but also for Bitcoin and any others built atop permissionless blockchains.  The current model will not fly with governments and regulators looking at digital currencies (and related tech such as blockchain for application in other areas).  I can't put it any more plainly than that.

It's one thing for Linus Torvalds to start throwing hissy fits and shitting on Linux kernel developers.  Oooh, an Open Source project bogs down, news at 10! 
But when you get into the realm of financial transactions and value on the scale on which this is being implemented ... there's a different standard of reliability and control that gets applied.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

ETH started as a premine, which is the canonical mark of a shitcoin.  

Then instead of absorbing the losses when the dev's errors got him robbed, he simply forced a hard fork to get the money back -- retroactively -- which as far as I know has never been done before.  There are so many issues with how this was done.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Also, does anyone ever think there will be a "stock split" type of event with these currencies?  Make it smaller denominations for transactions?  Stocks do it for psycological reasons (people have a higher tendency to buy if the price per share is $20-$100).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No stock split needed for BTC.  It's smallest unit is something like 0.00000001 BTC.

One mBTC is $1.95 per each right now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So which would you look at now and why?
View Quote
That's an awkward question for me, for reasons I'm not going to get into.  Sorry about that.

The current discussions related to forking, control, governance, are still up in the air and it is not clear which way things will turn.  Each project has the potential to shoot its foot off.
Government interest in developing digital currency alternatives that they control is visible to the public now.
Those two things indicate, to me, some caution.  Again, this ain't no sure thing.  It's speculation, and a lot of the new money entering is relatively uninformed.  Are they breathless tulip-bulb buyers, or people buying Microsoft in its first week of trading?  Buying without understanding is just the same as buying a penny stock based on a glowing report from AnonymousUser33424 ... Are ya feelin' lucky?

If I wanted a piece of this emerging area -- and I've said this before --  I would be looking hard at the blockchain concept itself, decoupled from cryptocurrency.  At startups, or at publicly traded companies whose move into blockchain was significant enough it would affect their bottom line.  For example, a little googling will show that pharma as an industry is definitely going to be a player in this space.  Will there be centralized services companies?  So how will the deployment/service area there get factored out, who will benefit, and what services will they be providing? 

Or, there are innovative uses exploding into existence almost constantly now.  Blockchain is one of the more disruptive technologies I've seen in a while.  (The analogy I've been using is the development of spreadsheet software:  massive usefulness was detected and it transformed business.) That permissioned/permissionless thing is going to be a pivot point where application domains go one way or the other based on which setup gives them the feature set they want for their application domain.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I knew ol' Josh would show up in here with his Ethereum butthurt.  It's okay Josh, you can still make money.  But instead you'll continuing holding on to those bags of LTC.  LOL

You want to stalk about a shitcoin now?  Let's talk about LTC.  Charlie Lee (you do know how he is, right?!) is one of the biggest pump 'n dumpers there is.

The fact that he works for Coinbase and Coinbase actually listed that piece of crap is just shameful.  Can you say conflict of interest?
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top