Site Notices
Page / 42
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i got 1:22 in, the gun is short cycling on PMC.
that guy is a fuck tard. way back when I was running ARs I had this really reliable SP1 upper. it ran damn near anything including wolf....but not pmc. short cycled like a mofo. i ran it over the chrono. 2750 fps from a 20 inch barrel and 55 grn bullet. WAY THE FUCK UNDER LOADED.

I don't need to watch anymore. fuckwit boy needs to buy atleast semi decent ammo and PMC isn't it.
View Quote

Disagree completely on PMC.

PMC is decent ammo. It's not top grade by any means, but it's definitely better than Wolf...Not even close.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
is Nuts still a member here? can you reply?
View Quote

He's too busy making vids for his 500,000 subscribers?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All you people hung up on gas block alignment are forgetting that nutnfancy used compressed air on the gas block installs.

http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/bread-toast.jpeg#geekosystem
View Quote

except that doesn't mean shit. the port isn't completely blocked. only partly. using compressed air only gets you in the ball park for alignment. it doesn't mean its aligned completely.

the correct coruse to determine what the issue with the rifle is fire the same ammo in another rifle does it function yes or no and if another rifle is not available use a chrono this will tell you if the ammo is in spec. if its clocking below 2950 in a 20 inch barrel its out of spec on the ammo. if the ammo is in spec, then swap the bolt and carrier, if that doesn't work try the buffer, after that its a gas block/gas port issue.

its trouble shooting 101.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

PMC is decent ammo. It's not top grade by any means, but it's definitely better than Wolf...Not even close.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that guy is a fuck tard. way back when I was running ARs I had this really reliable SP1 upper. it ran damn near anything including wolf....but not pmc. short cycled like a mofo. i ran it over the chrono. 2750 fps from a 20 inch barrel and 55 grn bullet. WAY THE FUCK UNDER LOADED.

I don't need to watch anymore. fuckwit boy needs to buy atleast semi decent ammo and PMC isn't it.

it might be now but 10 years ago it was under loaded out of spec trash.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It ain't a rep, it's Mark LaRue himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh god, a safe thread, by non other than the Larue Arfcom Rep.

You better deliver OP!

It ain't a rep, it's Mark LaRue himself.

Shit, thought it was a crony sent by Mark to further the goals of the Larueminati.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You should respond with a 44 minute video
View Quote

20 - 30 seconds max with intro and ending video.

The entire response is

NUTS
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]
He said it worked fine after it came back from LaRue till he took it out in the cold.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I love LaRue, but why do they support/sell Troy products?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#11]
for the record I have no dog in this. I'm an AK shooter and not fanboi of any AR15 maker.

my dog in this is the truth.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Sorry, wrong thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
for the record I have no dog in this. I'm an AK shooter and not fanboi of any AR15 maker.

View Quote

Well at least that makes 3 of us
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Tagged for the gangbang.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Who the hell is nothing fancy anyways? And why should I care about him?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sorry, wrong thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Even worse, the vendor had to make a whole new thread to not respond, instead of just posting in the original one.

The nut guy isnt the only one saying;  "Look at me, Look at me"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So to sum up this nutnfancy guy says Larue upper sucks and Larue resonds with a non response.  That about it?

Even worse, the vendor had to make a whole new thread to not respond, instead of just posting in the original one.

The nut guy isnt the only one saying;  "Look at me, Look at me"

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Is it wrong that I really want video of this guy ordering in a restaurant? Probably sears his steaks in a microwave and then takes them back to the grocery store too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Exactly, I own all of one Larue product (34mm RMR mount) and a mountain of his competitors stuff which I prefer.

Its just that nonsense like Nutn is spouting must be refuted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, I own all of one Larue product (34mm RMR mount) and a mountain of his competitors stuff which I prefer.

actually I probably should state magpul is giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling about that new Zhukov extended hand guard they just announced. I've been wanting something like that for like 5 years. totally buying it as soon as its available.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Actually, if they wanted honest reviews, send items to the non-fan boyz.

I offered this up a couple years ago and never got taken up on it.

Its easy to get adda boys from a fan base, it seems if you get one from a non kool aid drinker, it would carry more weight. Convert the nay sayers. lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark,

If you would like an active duty tier 2.5 operator to objectively review any of your products, I would be more than willing to do so.  Just send it to me and I'll make it happen.

Its easy to get adda boys from a fan base, it seems if you get one from a non kool aid drinker, it would carry more weight. Convert the nay sayers. lol.

Huh. I guess I'm out. I posted something about the circle jerk wolf pack and got all sorts of hate IMs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Day 1
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I watched the entire video
and nutn said he had sent it back like 2 times, last time was the complete rifle too

and something about having changed the gas block a few times so what you saw in the video was probably a new block
didnt he say this was a 8 year repair so probably wont see video of how it was originally as that was too long ago

even if whatever he did was wrong, why wasnt that figured out when it was sent in

to me seems like all they did was look at it, shoot a few rounds and mail back
if it was ammo related well who knows im sure nutn has shot enough over time to figure out what works with what

I didnt see the video as that big of a deal I doubt it will ruin any sales
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I've never done anything with any gas block.
Can someone explain to me why this is so complicated?
Two holes need to be in alignment.  
One is on the barrel.
One is inside the gas block.
The gas block has an easy to use alignment mark on the bottom.  
Can you not just measure shit?
Why is there any need for compressed gas?
What am I missing from this equation?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You are the antithesis of an unbiased reviewer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark,
 If you would like an active duty tier 2.5 operator to objectively review any of your products, I would be more than willing to do so.  Just send it to me and I'll make it happen.

Actually you would be surprised. I could absolutely give an honest review and comparison against my SS 18" upper. I actually would expect it to do better than mine, but you never know. And that would be my point, no funny business, just straight up shooting.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
actually I probably should state magpul is giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling about that new Zhukov extended hand guard they just announced. I've been wanting something like that for like 5 years. totally buying it as soon as its available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh, it makes you remove the handguard retainer and AK barrel work sucks.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I watched the entire video

and nutn said he had sent it back like 2 times, last time was the complete rifle too

and something about having changed the gas block a few times so what you saw in the video was probably a new block

didnt he say this was a 8 year repair so probably wont see video of how it was originally as that was too long ago

even if whatever he did was wrong, why wasnt that figured out when it was sent in

to me seems like all they did was look at it, shoot a few rounds and mail back

if it was ammo related well who knows im sure nutn has shot enough over time to figure out what works with what

I didnt see the video as that big of a deal I doubt it will ruin any sales
View Quote

If Larue did shoot their own "Specialty/High Grade" ammo, I kinda find that tidbit to drive me nuts.

If you are gonna tote your platform as Numero Uno, feed shitty ammo through it and then claim you have a Numero Uno rifle. High grade ammo will not have a place in my stockpile unless I really want to nail something at long distances. I find myself stocking up on Steel case and I'm gonna go get some Privi too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

AKs are gross dude, we should probably argue that for the 1000th time instead of no one listening to us about gas block alignment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AKs are gross dude, we should probably argue that for the 1000th time instead of no one listening to us about gas block alignment.
What if you installed a Zukov handguard and then didn't install the AK gas block aligned right? Twisted piston syndrome.

ETA: More than likely it would just carry on and eat itself eventually requiring you to replace the entire rifle.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Huh. I guess I'm out. I posted something about the circle jerk wolf pack and got all sorts of hate IMs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark,

LoL..Nothing yet, but wouldnt surprise me, its pretty sad how some grown men will act. A good product is a good product, they certainly arent giving them out for free, so I dont get it. but whatever floats their boats.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dremel and a cut off wheel. problem solved.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted: Meh, it makes you remove the handguard retainer and AK barrel work sucks.

That's just wrong dude. Effective and efficient, but wrong.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#37]

let's do this
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Don't make me go digging for your piles of LaRue-hate moments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark,

Actually you would be surprised. I could absolutely give an honest review and comparison against my SS 18" upper. I actually would expect it to do better than mine, but you never know. And that would be my point, no funny business, just straight up shooting.

Don't make me go digging for your piles of LaRue-hate moments.

I never said I hated the product,, never used it or owned it.

often wondered what a $1200 upper can do that my built one cant.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What if you installed a Zukov handguard and then didn't install the AK gas block aligned right? Twisted piston syndrome.

ETA: More than likely it would just carry on and eat itself eventually requiring you to replace the entire rifle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why would need to remove the gas block to remove the retainer? thats like saying you need to remove the gas block on an AR to remove the delta ring and spring. You'd need too. dremel the bitch(s) off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Response thread lacks response.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I shot 120 rounds a while back, no issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I stopped watching the video when he said PMC was "good" ammo.  PMC is what I run when I want to practice FTF and FTE drills.

I shot 120 rounds a while back, no issues.

What a large sample
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PMC bronze has been known to be on the light side.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
WTF Mark, nobody gives a shit what  nutnfucky thinks we just wanna watch you stomp his guts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

this^^
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This
WTF Mark, nobody gives a shit what  nutnfucky thinks we just wanna watch you stomp his guts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Yep.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. PMC and Wolf are not even in the same league. I've shot plenty of PMC with good results. It's a solid mid-tier ammo.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#49]
If a rifle cannot shoot PMC, the rifle is fucked.

nutfancy still fucked up the Stealth upper regardless of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#50]
In for this one too.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top