BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 42
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why write a response? A picture is worth 1000 words.

http://i.imgur.com/ul4COAn.jpg

View Quote

I dont get it? whats wrong with the picture
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of precision uppers are tuned for high quality ammo. Use low power and they won't cycle. Open the gas ports and use higher power ammo and it over cycles. I guess that's bad for a precision upper.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

LOL - you may be onto something. "But it runs fine in my bolt gun"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i got 1:22 in, the gun is short cycling on PMC.

that guy is a fuck tard. way back when I was running ARs I had this really reliable SP1 upper. it ran damn near anything including wolf....but not pmc. short cycled like a mofo. i ran it over the chrono. 2750 fps from a 20 inch barrel and 55 grn bullet. WAY THE FUCK UNDER LOADED.

I don't need to watch anymore. fuckwit boy needs to buy atleast semi decent ammo and PMC isn't it.

LOL - you may be onto something. "But it runs fine in my bolt gun"

for reference the wolf was 2950-3000, and umc was 3060-3080 fyi.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
No complaints.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I probably won't read a 5 paragraph rebuttal anymore than I'd watch the 45 minute video.  

I think the best rebuttal would be, "Oops, we'll do better next time".
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Nutnfancy is a douche of the highest order. He praises products over and over again that he sells, while being dismissive of competitor products. I honestly can't believe anyone is stupid enough to listen to his shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
In on this...waiting for a mushroom cloud response of Dillo Dust.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i got 1:22 in, the gun is short cycling on PMC.

that guy is a fuck tard. way back when I was running ARs I had this really reliable SP1 upper. it ran damn near anything including wolf....but not pmc. short cycled like a mofo. i ran it over the chrono. 2750 fps from a 20 inch barrel and 55 grn bullet. WAY THE FUCK UNDER LOADED.

I don't need to watch anymore. fuckwit boy needs to buy atleast semi decent ammo and PMC isn't it.
View Quote

Agreed (with the PMC statement, I have watched the dude's videos -maybe 2- for about 30 seconds). Before MI allowed SBR's I had AR pistols, long story short PMC ran like sh*t on 16" rifles but would not cycle the shorter barrel pistols.Even tried the M855 PMC and had the similar problems. Had no problems with federal or IMI in either M855 or M193.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Installed exactly the way that would cause the rifle to be under gassed.

View Quote

Please explain part in red.
View Quote

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Some barrels are designed with the barrel set up to take a handgaurd cap, so if you install a gas block without one you have to set it forward the same amount of space the handgaurd cap would take up.
[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Some barrels are designed to have the gas block right up on the shoulder, Larue's picture shows that it is designed this way.

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Nutnfancy has his gas block set with the space, this would cause the gas block hole to not be fully over the port, which would cause under gassing.

Larue spacing:
http://www.laruetactical.com/sites/default/files/p1012353.jpg

Nutn spacing:

View Quote

I appreciate your point. but is the gas hole in the gas block not big enough to handle some tolerance slack?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've heard the name, but know almost nothing about him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the story?

This guy is a youtube gun reviewer and did a vid on Larue products? I've never watched his vids, does he just do negative stuff?

What were his complaints? I don't have time to watch a video plus I don't care to give him hits.

You can NOT have been here almost as long as I have, with that post count, and NOT know who Nutnfancy is. It is not possible.

I've heard the name, but know almost nothing about him.

Nutnfancy is like the Mr. Rogers of the gun world.  Hes reminds me of one of those guys who has a huge toy train set up complete with landscaping in his basement.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#12]
blah, div tables.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#13]
In!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I appreciate your point. but is the gas hole in the gas block not big enough to handle some tolerance slack?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some barrels are designed with the barrel set up to take a handgaurd cap, so if you install a gas block without one you have to set it forward the same amount of space the handgaurd cap would take up.

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Some barrels are designed to have the gas block right up on the shoulder, Larue's picture shows that it is designed this way.

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Nutnfancy has his gas block set with the space, this would cause the gas block hole to not be fully over the port, which would cause under gassing.

Larue spacing:

Nutn spacing:

[div]

[div]Tolerance slack? On a gas port and gas block interface?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Tagscribe
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Its a PRI front flip up he is using, I use the same ones.

I indexed the gas block off the index hole on the bottom of the barrel, PRI bottom has a "sight hole" in its mount and the SS barrel has the index spot drilled into it to correspond to the gas hole on the other side. I have this for 5 years now and its a tack driver and has never been under gassed.

Now,, i have no idea of Larue barrels have this indexing spot on the bottom or not, if they DONT, then i can see how he couldnt/wouldnt/didnt line it up properly. If it has the index hole, then I would hope he used it to line everything up. I cant say.

So based on that one picture, its not conclusive of the shooter putting the it on wrong.

Same kinda gap

Bottom indexing hole

For the record; Ive never heard of this NutFancy guy before
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some barrels are designed with the barrel set up to take a handgaurd cap, so if you install a gas block without one you have to set it forward the same amount of space the handgaurd cap would take up.

Some barrels are designed to have the gas block right up on the shoulder, Larue's picture shows that it is designed this way.

Nutnfancy has his gas block set with the space, this would cause the gas block hole to not be fully over the port, which would cause under gassing.

Larue spacing:

Nutn spacing:

Hmmm. If you can diagnose it in a few minutes from a picture, on the internet, why can't trained, experienced armorers pick that up in the shop? As you have shown, if somebody has experience, they should have picked up on it right away.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't believe that's a LaRue gas block,

To give you an idea of what's going on here, imagine someone buys a BMW, thinks it's shifting funny and then yanks out the factory transmission and replaces it with one he found in a junkyard. Then when it doesn't work he complains that it's broken.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why write a response? A picture is worth 1000 words.

I dont get it? whats wrong with the picture

I don't believe that's a LaRue gas block,

To give you an idea of what's going on here, imagine someone buys a BMW, thinks it's shifting funny and then yanks out the factory transmission and replaces it with one he found in a junkyard. Then when it doesn't work he complains that it's broken.

its not. the only gasblock larue lists on their site is the lt202 low profile gasblock. dipshit installed a 3rd party gas block.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#22]
You sons a bitches , I tied up my whole fucking Saturday waiting on pics in an onion thread ! Now this !

I ain't gonna get shit done this weekend you bastards

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I stopped watching the video when he said PMC was "good" ammo.  PMC is what I run when I want to practice FTF and FTE drills.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Some barrels are designed with the barrel set up to take a handgaurd cap, so if you install a gas block without one you have to set it forward the same amount of space the handgaurd cap would take up.

Larue spacing:

Nutn spacing:

Hmmm. If you can diagnose it in a few minutes from a picture, on the internet, why can't trained, experienced armorers pick that up in the shop? As you have shown, if somebody has experience, they should have picked up on it right away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larue spacing:

Nutn spacing:

Apparently you didn't watch the video or read the other thread....

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I probably won't read a 5 paragraph rebuttal anymore than I'd watch the 45 minute video.  

I think the best rebuttal would be, "Oops, we'll do better next time".
View Quote

Best rebuttal " I repaired the damage he did himself, but he continued trying improve on it, he didn't. I won't repair someone else's work anymore than I would expect colt to repair something I built because it looks like a colt."
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I stopped watching the video when he said PMC was "good" ammo.  PMC is what I run when I want to practice FTF and FTE drills.
View Quote

I have never had problems with PMC ammo.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never even had problems with Wolf.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't have a LaRue upper. But friends that do love them.

Send me a upper and I will do a 1 hour review in costume for rebuttal, in HD of course.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I stopped watching the video when he said PMC was "good" ammo. PMC is what I run when I want to practice FTF and FTE drills.

Funny thing is I've never had a problem with wolf.  PMC is garbage.  Every time I run it....doesn't matter if its the Noveske, LMT or my shit stick...the DPMS, I have problems.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larue spacing:

Nutn spacing:

Haven't read any other thread on the topic and only watched the first third of the video.

My point still stands.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#34]
In for this. Was gonna place an order this weeken but will wait and see
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They did, the return form states he had it misaligned, he then rages about how it wasn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did, the return form states he had it misaligned, he then rages about how it wasn't.

and from what I understand he switched out the gas block again after that.

He even says in the video that Larue should state that you can't use other gas blocks on their rifles.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, look at it like this. The shooter doesnt want to admit he is a dumbass and a vendor isnt going to own up to a mistake (if there had been one)

It does sound lke the shooter was monkeying around with the gas blocks, it doesnt take much to get them off center.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhh, I stand corrected.

I will watch the rest of the video now ( like I should have before commenting)

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol. Never used the stuff myself.

Txl
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#42]
dude can own and operate a top notch machine shop with some really nice equipment and kick out some nice product of his design

iPad kicks his ass..

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Is Nutn a member here? Pit thread?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larue spacing:

Nutn spacing:

Die trying your barrel is set up to have  that space, a LARUE barrel is NOT
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not really.

ESPECIALLY when using underpowered ammo.

Its basically like he shrank his gas port.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

ESPECIALLY when using underpowered ammo.

Its basically like he shrank his gas port.

Point is, if you buy a 1200 dollar upper, only use premium ammo and don't attempt to modify anything? Oh, and be sure to change your buffer and spring if it don't work right.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Built my first AR and it runs like a raped ape (after I unfucked the hammer spring).

I build rifles better than LaRue?? Who'd a thunk it.

I would have shot it stock and then if there was trouble talked to mfgr. Then shot it stock more.

If problem persisted send it back. Definately not painted, changed parts, send back, change more parts and then bitch about it for ten minutes in a forty minute video.

Mfgrs want to figure out what went wrong more than the customer.

He just thinks he knows more than he does. Hear almost every problem guessed in the opening 5mins?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

used to be a long time ago

hasnt been around in a while..  long long while..
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#49]
In to watch this shindig. And for those badass .gifs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya I checked about a half hour ago, he hasn't logged in since 2012, only has 15 posts, and hasn't replied to a thread since 09.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top