Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#1]
JJ Evans!

Every time he goes into his delivery, when he throws that hand down, I always picture JJ Evans shouting DY-NO-MITE!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont get it, buck...
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Get Ubaldo out of there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow! Travis held up and then still made it to third. Reimold is gonna be popular in Balitmore during the Winter Caravan.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
where was britton?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]
They left him in wtf...
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Polly want a fastball?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Rangers vs Jays postseason rematch!  Crazyness!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy Cow !!!

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow! Great game!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Postseason off to a great start...two monsters on the mound tomorrow night; can't wait
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Great game. Sorry 0's fans. At least your team made it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Boom
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Was Britton hurt??? Ubaldo?? Really???
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Boom
View Quote

ALDS rematch time!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Because traveling managers don't use their closers on the road unless they have the lead.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll take it. 
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
ALDS rematch time!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Boom

ALDS rematch time!

That's going to be awesome! They haven't played each other since the Odor punch.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's going to be awesome! They haven't played each other since the Odor punch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boom

ALDS rematch time!

I'm excited.  Should be a good series.

maybe we'll see another boxing match as well
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Dammit, Baltimore. Why did you have to make me right?

The Blue Jays and their shithead fans shouldn't be allowed to win anything. Ever.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ALDS rematch time!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boom

ALDS rematch time!

This is the series we all want to see.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dammit, Baltimore. Why did you have to make me right?

The Blue Jays and their shithead fans shouldn't be allowed to win anything. Ever.
View Quote

I somewhat agree.
Toronto hockey fans are worse, obviously some of them robbed a dying relative of their precious metals and pawned the goods to buy tickets for the game.
It's their MO.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Because traveling managers don't use their closers on the road unless they have the lead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know but you gotta switch it up at this point. Especially when ubaldo is pitching batting practice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Hope the Red Sox win.  Used to be lots of Red Sox fans in Mobile, for some odd reason.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Gibbons is quoting Limbaugh!

When asked about who was criticizing the call to start Stroman he said 'By who? As Rush Limbaugh would say, the uninformed voters?'

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh well.. It sucks bc w/o ubaldo the o's wouldn't have been in this game. I guess the pressure got to him.

Sucks he was put in that position.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Buck is the man but you have to have Britton out there. Jimenez was a terrible call.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Buck is the man but you have to have Britton out there. Jimenez was a terrible call.
View Quote

Big Eddie doesn't think so.

He PARKED that motherfukken pitch !

LOL
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Jim valvano theory survive to play.

One game series all hands on deck throw the book out. Buck erred.

I hope Terry Collins was watching. And that The Viking shut downs the slag Giants.

Who the fuck wants to see the Giants win?

Lets Go Mets!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:36:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:.

Who the fuck wants to see the Giants win?

Lets Go Mets!!
View Quote

I'll take the Giants winning beating the Mets. The Cubs went 4-3 agains the Giants and 2-5 against the Mets. Bring on the Giants!

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I DO remember the Braves fans throwing pretty much all of the garbage in the stadium onto the field over the infield fly rule call in the 2012 WC game. They had to pause the game for like 45 minutes to clean off the field. They were pissed.
View Quote

Because that was a horseshit call.

However that was a little different than trying to peg an outfielder making a catch while the ball was in play.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Texas fan here and glad we get Toronto . Its gonna be good
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'll take it. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take it. 

So, are you a Rangers fan now? I ask because when I was kid, I was Detroit fan, then I moved to Toronto (three years after the Jays were born) and was a Jays fan and now I'm in Florida and a Rays fan. Thing is, I can never really stop rooting for Detroit or Toronto.

Anyway, it worked out pretty good for me, I'm 20 minutes from Detroit's spring training park.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#35]
As a lifelong O's fan that was a huge disappointment.  I can't say I was surprised, though.  I've seen too many games this season that ended in a similar way--an anemic offense coupled with a gopher ball to a batter who should have been walked.  

I really hate that managers put so much emphasis on L/R matchups rather than who has the hot hand.  Why in the hell does anyone leave a pitcher like Ubaldo in there after giving up 2 hits and facing one of the most dangerous hitters in baseball?  Makes no sense.  

O's really need to revamp the team.  The bullpen and defense is awesome, but the all or nothing offense and the starting pitching sucks bigtime.  Ubaldo has to go.  I don't care that he was good towards the end of the season--he is too unreliable and has lost too much off his fastball.  

Even though I can't stand the Jays, I have them picked in my bracket to win it all.  I hope I'm wrong.  They are one of my least favorite teams in baseball.  So, go everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
As a lifelong O's fan that was a huge disappointment.  I can't say I was surprised, though.  I've seen too many games this season that ended in a similar way--an anemic offense coupled with a gopher ball to a batter who should have been walked.  

I really hate that managers put so much emphasis on L/R matchups rather than who has the hot hand.  Why in the hell does anyone leave a pitcher like Ubaldo in there after giving up 2 hits and facing one of the most dangerous hitters in baseball?  Makes no sense.  

O's really need to revamp the team.  The bullpen and defense is awesome, but the all or nothing offense and the starting pitching sucks bigtime.  Ubaldo has to go.  I don't care that he was good towards the end of the season--he is too unreliable and has lost too much off his fastball.  

Even though I can't stand the Jays, I have them picked in my bracket to win it all.  I hope I'm wrong.  They are one of my least favorite teams in baseball.  So, go everyone else.
View Quote

Agree , I was hoping the O's would have beaten the hated Blue Jays but we will take care of the matter .
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So, are you a Rangers fan now? I ask because when I was kid, I was Detroit fan, then I moved to Toronto (three years after the Jays were born) and was a Jays fan and now I'm in Florida and a Rays fan. Thing is, I can never really stop rooting for Detroit or Toronto.

Anyway, it worked out pretty good for me, I'm 20 minutes from Detroit's spring training park.
View Quote

I don't know about being a "fan", other than admiring Nolan Ryan as a kid back in the day. I've never had anything against them, and I live here now, so I'll pull for the home team. 

I was born in Toledo (and my parents grew up there), so we were a Tigers house growing up. As a kid living in California in the mid 80s through the 90s, I was a big Oakland A's fan. Most kids where I lived were (Canseco and McGuire!). I'm sort of indifferent to them now. 

I never cared for Toronto at all. As far as the series starting tomorrow, I'm just happy as shit for the rematch and hope to see another boxing match. 

I'm always going to be a die hard Tribe fan. 
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm hoping the Mess & Gnats go 30 innings tonight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I don't know about being a "fan", other than admiring Nolan Ryan as a kid back in the day. I've never had anything against them, and I live here now, so I'll pull for the home team.

I was born in Toledo (and my parents grew up there), so we were a Tigers house growing up. As a kid living in California in the mid 80s through the 90s, I was a big Oakland A's fan. Most kids where I lived were (Canseco and McGuire!). I'm sort of indifferent to them now.

I never cared for Toronto at all. As far as the series starting tomorrow, I'm just happy as shit for the rematch and hope to see another boxing match.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I suspect that you have a very liberal definition of the term "die hard * fan."
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

i wonder if one of these years angelos will truly open his wallet and get the talent needed to win it all instead of trying to strike lightening in a bottle like they usually try. I do think this team had the talent to win it all, they just needed to find lightening and they didn't.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm hoping the Mess & Gnats go 30 innings tonight.
View Quote

I'll take that!  Worry free baseball for me although it wouldn't bother me to see the Giants get sent home early, that Giants victory in the '14 WS left a bit of a mark and I'm not over it yet.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe?

Did you want to elaborate more? You take baseball threads really seriously. 
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Maybe?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe?

Tell him more about the part where you grew up in a Tigers house and then became a not Tigers fan.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Maybe?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe?

I take baseball seriously.

To me a die hard fan is someone who is in the stands rooting for your team in a season where everyone is speculating that they may break the all time record for most losses, follows every play, every stat, every rumor, through the regular season, through the post season and through the hot stove season. Someone who knows every player and every prospect on your team and on rival teams, someone who would never say a bad word about your own players and never say a nice word about players from other teams. Then again, I am, hands down, the Greatest Tigers Fan of All Time and the Self Appointed Perpetual 26th man on the Tigers 25 man roster. My level of fan greatness die harditude is unrivaled.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I take baseball seriously.

To me a die hard fan is someone who is in the stands rooting for your team in a season where everyone is speculating that they may break the all time record for most losses, follows every play, every stat, every rumor, through the regular season, through the post season and through the hot stove season. Someone who knows every player and every prospect on your team and on rival teams, someone who would never say a bad word about your own players and never say a nice word about players from other teams. Then again, I am, hands down, the Greatest Tigers Fan of All Time and the Self Appointed Perpetual 26th man on the Tigers 25 man roster. My level of fan greatness die harditude is unrivaled.
View Quote

I humbly concede your point. 
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not it all all and certainly not with BS, who's a master at coaxing good things out of his bullpens in unorthodox ways.

CBS Sports dot com had a good analysis on BS's blunder and why it was going to be viewed as a major brain fart, UNLESS, Britton developed a hitch while warming up the three times that he did.

I haven't followed the story today, with a hurricane approaching, so things might have changed a bit.

I just remember the stat line for Ubaldo and the 16 HRs he's given up in ~124 innings.

Ooops.

Chris

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree, but I don't think we need to "revamp the team." They need a good outfielder who can consistently hit for average and bat in the 1 or 2 hole. Markakis was that guy but they let him go, though I still have no idea why. It would be nice to see Bourne stay. Then they need an ace, a real ace that will pitch 200 innings and get 15-20 wins a year.

It will be interesting to see how next season turns out with Wieters and Trumbo both being free agents now.

Quoted:
Agree , I was hoping the O's would have beaten the hated Blue Jays but we will take care of the matter .

I'll be rooting for you guys.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I agree, but I don't think we need to "revamp the team." They need a good outfielder who can consistently hit for average and bat in the 1 or 2 hole. Markakis was that guy but they let him go, though I still have no idea why. It would be nice to see Bourne stay. Then they need an ace, a real ace that will pitch 200 innings and get 15-20 wins a year.

It will be interesting to see how next season turns out with Wieters and Trumbo both being free agents now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bautista is a free agent this year!

Good luck finding a true ace. The free agent market for starting pitching this year is nonexistent.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#49]
So are Encarnacion and Saunders.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So are Encarnacion and Saunders.
View Quote

Who cares?  The real question is whether or not Rougned Odor is going to get popped during his first at bat!  Wonder if any Jays pitchers care for Bautista enough to retaliate?  

Round 2 bitches!  Let's get it on!!!
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top