Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

stevieG is out injured (hamstring) for at least another week or two.
balotelli took his life into his own hands by pulling the ball away from henderson for the PK; if he missed that PK he would have been run out of Liverpool with a tin can tied to his tail.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/disrespectful-mario-balotelli-liverpool-fcs-8687693

ar-jedi

http://giant.gfycat.com/CleanRectangularFeline.gif

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Liverpool 1-0 over Besiktas.  Substitute Balotelli converts a PK with Gerrard left off squad.

stevieG is out injured (hamstring) for at least another week or two.
balotelli took his life into his own hands by pulling the ball away from henderson for the PK; if he missed that PK he would have been run out of Liverpool with a tin can tied to his tail.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/disrespectful-mario-balotelli-liverpool-fcs-8687693

ar-jedi

http://giant.gfycat.com/CleanRectangularFeline.gif

Nice move by Phil
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Come on Burnley!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Come on Burnley!
View Quote
Chelsea wasn't their usual crisp self today and Matic blew his top when his leg was almost broken.

Something is wrong with Fabregas.

This is City's window to close the gap.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
He's lucky his cleats weren't planted or it would have broken his leg.  Fuck the FA.  Fuck Atkinson.  Fuck Barnes.   We're just lucky its three matches and not six months or more.

https://t.co/aaTsaCR4oY
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#5]
The Gunners quietly slip into third place.  They stay there with a Southhampton tie or loss.   They almost blew it, though, when they started thinking ahead to their CL match with Monaco. Mark Clattenberg was nearly as bad as Atkinson.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#6]
One word from the Spurs today: Luck. The passing was off, touch was poor and they really didn't deserve to level it.

Have to give it to the Hammers. The constant pressure really put Spurs off their game, and I almost thought they waited too long to get back into it.

Kane was experiencing gravity especially more than usual at the end. There was contact, but it was a bit soft. Happy with a draw.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Long term deal for Continhuo is paying off again
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

So close to Top 4....

Being knocked out of Europa League was a good thing.  Now can concentrate on Top 4 finish and the FA cup instead.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So close to Top 4....

Being knocked out of Europa League was a good thing.  Now can concentrate on Top 4 finish and the FA cup instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So close to Top 4....

I assume this is what the top of the table is supposed to look like?  Those 5, just the order changes.

At least since the middle east money had a caviar, four star daydream and bought City.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Goal for the Blues
View Quote
JT.  Hero.  Legend.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Diego Diego Diego Diego
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
One down, two to go.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#15]
A "lesser" trophy, but satisfying nonetheless.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#16]
#WembleyIsBlue
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes even a dipper win makes us smile today.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Step by step . . . .

oh and Matic is back for PSG
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Never walk alone.

Still loved my experience with the Ac Milan v Liverpool game at Bank of America I went to.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Bring it on
View Quote
The Blues sure aren't scoring as prolifically as they were to start the season.

They worry me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They worry me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bring it on

They worry me.

The Cesc to Costa line has run dry these last few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bring it on

They worry me.

Might be because defenses have finally figured out they shouldn't leave Costa completely umarked any more.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#27]
ManU 1 - Arsenal 2 in the FA Cup.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#28]

taking a break from the EPL for a moment...  

i had a chance to watch Barca dismantle Rayo 6:1 and what is simply incredible is how small Messi's "cubicle" is on the field, and what he accomplishes with so much attention and so little space.  it's so easy to say "well, park 2 or 3 guys on him for 90 minutes and shut him down" but he uses that approach against the other team.  it causes an immense defensive structural problem and frees up space and time for other players.  in the real world that would be a bad thing but in Barca world (Neymar, Suarez, Xavi, etc) it is a death sentence.  and meanwhile, once he does get free he simply does not miss.  his third goal is a thing of beauty, he feints the goalkeeper so well that it makes you wonder what happened and the subsequent tap in is simple.  correct, Rayo is a mid-table La Liga outfit and not made of sterner defensive stuff, but Messi made this game look like a training exercise.  every instance of "ok he's out of time and space" results in him dragging the ball out of and away from a melee of defenders and creating something out of it.

having seen Maradona in his prime, and heard the inevitable comparisons to Pele, Messi is for me the best player ever.  the funny thing is he looks about as dangerous the frickin' local paperboy.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Messi related:  He had 392 goals for Barca (when this infographic was created 3 days ago).

Every other player on the team has combined for 391.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bring it on

They worry me.

http://www.espnfc.us/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2340727/fabregas-and-chelsea-search-for-all-conquering-early-season-form

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Cahill!

Hold on, Blues! Hold on!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#38]
As good as Shakhtar has been and their unfortunate circumstances keeping them from playing at their home stadium, there, in my mind, was no way they were moving forward against Bayern. It's gonna be tough, but if they can score like they have been all year, they certainly have a shot at the title again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#41]
So 11 days ago.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Is that Jose doing his Stevie G imitation ?

and

Thank You Burnley!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Burnley did it!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#44]
On 36', 1-1.

Chelsea getting carved up.  Ugly, ugly game for the Blues so far.  Very lucky to be even at this point.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Nice of Liverpool to play AND win on my day off.

Pivotal match next week.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nice of Liverpool to play AND win on my day off.

Pivotal match next week.
View Quote

Top 4 and CL next season are entirely within reach.

I'm optimistic.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Monaco 0  Arsenal 2 -  Gunners eliminated on away goals.

Barcelona 1  Man City 0 - Barca win 3-1 aggregate and match result could easily have been 4-0 or 5-0. Aguero's poor PK saved.

Whoduh thunk Everton would be last man standing in European competition?

3/19 1800 ETA: ...oh well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Barcelona 1  Man City 0 - Barca win 3-1 aggregate and match result could easily have been 4-0 or 5-0. Aguero's poor PK saved.

View Quote

That Man City game was really a poor showing for them.  They lost their composure right after the goal.  

Nasri probably should have been shown red instead of yellow for that Neymar foul.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That Man City game was really a poor showing for them.  They lost their composure right after the goal.  
Nasri probably should have been shown red instead of yellow for that Neymar foul.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are you guys watching CL games?  Is it a Fox channel, or some Internet coverage?  Fox Sports 1, which I get, showed a replay of the first Barca/MC game...that first half was some of the most beautiful soccer I've ever seen.  I need more.  Help me out...
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How are you guys watching CL games?  Is it a Fox channel, or some Internet coverage?  Fox Sports 1, which I get, showed a replay of the first Barca/MC game...that first half was some of the most beautiful soccer I've ever seen.  I need more.  Help me out...
View Quote

Ch. 150/397 on DISH (FOX Sports) gave me both CL matches yesterday and the Everton match today.

Not a big Joe Hart fan, but I should have mentioned that his 10 saves yesterday saved the Citizens from humiliation.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top