Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
December 21st, 2012 is the end of the 5126 year calendar, the date the Mayans believed a religious miracle would occur and an age of enlightenment would follow.

That is only if we can find all 13 crystal skulls. If we are unable to locate all of them by 12/21/2012 then the end will come...

Just to let anyone know the Mayan's calender is far more advanced than that of our own, they were obsessed with time.

I don't believe that everything will be rosy between no and then there will be many horrid events leading up to the actual date, such as the collapse of civilization due to debt and not enough oil.

However we have found I believe 5 of these said skulls.

Really, and what did the Mayans know that we don't? It was rumored in the ancient times that the earth was destroyed by fire every 50 years...problem is, that only happened once about 4000 years ago. The view of the ancients is myopic. Ever read any Velikovsky?

Well for one example they were obsessed with astronamy. They located and basically mapped the black hole that NASA has recently found. So...it make you wonder doesn't it.

Besides, thier prediction isn't really that important with the upcoming depression and oil crises we now face!

Man, what the fuck are you snorting. You got into the Salvia didn't you.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
December 21st, 2012 is the end of the 5126 year calendar, the date the Mayans believed a religious miracle would occur and an age of enlightenment would follow.

That is only if we can find all 13 crystal skulls. If we are unable to locate all of them by 12/21/2012 then the end will come...

Just to let anyone know the Mayan's calender is far more advanced than that of our own, they were obsessed with time.

I don't believe that everything will be rosy between no and then there will be many horrid events leading up to the actual date, such as the collapse of civilization due to debt and not enough oil.

Really, and what did the Mayans know that we don't? It was rumored in the ancient times that the earth was destroyed by fire every 50 years...problem is, that only happened once about 4000 years ago. The view of the ancients is myopic. Ever read any Velikovsky?

Well for one example they were obsessed with astronamy. They located and basically mapped the black hole that NASA has recently found. So...it make you wonder doesn't it.

Besides, thier prediction isn't really that important with the upcoming depression and oil crises we now face!

Not really...all it takes is a bit of research to see that what is happening is the end...
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
This will be an interesting 4 years and 6 months...
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell yes it will. For you guys anyways.

The crash will happen soon, then you've got four years of turmoil and pain..until it all ends...Ahhh.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No crystal skulls have ever been found at an archaeological site.
All of the skulls are fake, showing modern toolmarks.
foxnews story
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:00:30 AM EDT
[#7]
The world's gonna end on 12/21/12? Fours days before Christmas?

So much for getting the latest, greatest Nintendo system that year.

That sucks
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:01:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually, the world ended on 2000 (remember Y2K), Art Bell said it was going to.
This is just a dream.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:44:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That sucks

Are you kidding, think of the money you'll save because you won't have to buy ANYTHING!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Actually, the world ended on 2000 (remember Y2K), Art Bell said it was going to.
This is just a dream.

Now, now be nice to Art Bell! He helped me get through many sleepless nights  Anyhow it was usually his guests that were batshit (at least up until I stopped regularly listening in the late '90s) not to mention Art is pro-gun.

Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:55:52 AM EDT
[#11]
All speculation and BS. NO one can pradict the end of days.
Like most scientific answers and explanations, they are someones opinion, and like assholes we all have one and all stink
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:04:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There's also the Chinese I Ching (pronounced ee ching) that suddenly stops in 2012 as well.  

No it doesn't. It's not a calendar anyhow.

Some nutter mapped the glyphs over an arbitrary date range and it came out to 2012.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:11:02 AM EDT
[#13]
If the world doesn't end in 2012, it WILL DEFINETELY end in 1999.....    
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]
It's possible that the world as we know it will end in November, 2008.
I'll let you know after the polls close on election night...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#15]
The world ends every day for lotsa folks...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sucks

Are you kidding, think of the money you'll save because you won't have to buy ANYTHING!!

Excellent!
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I've heard don't believe it I guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Some good News! at last!

I will only have to pay alimony for 4-years, not the 15 they are arguing for.  

An that loan I had to take out to pay the ex for her half of the house I will not have to pay off.

This is some of the best news I have heard in months.  

Thanks Guys I will start planning accordingly.

Link Posted: 7/13/2008 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#19]
if they're ability to see into the future was so fucking great they'de still be here ...

like the nostrodamus fucktards ...

don't tell me about all his predictions AFTER they occur ...

tell me what the numbers will be for tommorow ... or what the NEXT collamity will be

bunch of idiots with no life trying to find some meaning to it all ...

Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This is the end of the world as we know it...........

Damn, I thought my house was a mess
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The crash will happen soon, then you've got four years of turmoil and pain..until it all ends...Ahhh.

You need some meds man.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#22]
If the Mayans could see the future their calendar would have ended in 1520. Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#23]
The assumption is passing through the gravity plane of our galaxy may cause some adverse global reactions ranging from very little to very bad. Personally, I dont have a damn clue. I know its not the first go round we've made though and the planet is still here so.....
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't take doomsday prophecies seriously from people that thought the Spaniards were half horse half man gods.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is just a dream.

Now, now be nice to Art Bell! He helped me get through many sleepless nights  Anyhow it was usually his guests that were batshit (at least up until I stopped regularly listening in the late '90s) not to mention Art is pro-gun.

Oh, make no mistake, I love Art Bell.
I was commuting long distance in the late 90's leading up to Y2K, and the only worthwhile thing on in the very early morning commute was Art and his cast of kooks.
I thought the remote viewers put the end of the world at 2002!
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really...all it takes is a bit of research to see that what is happening is the end...

Alright so you've done the research. Start posting sources.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yeap...better have fun while you can..

Hookers and blow!!  
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Good thing I have my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator all charged up and ready to rock!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I sure hope not.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I won't believe for 1 minute that the end of the earth is in 2012.
  unless I see it on MS Paint
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.crystalinks.com/mayan.html

This should get you started. Remember the Mayan's said that if we find all thirteen crystal skulls that on 12/21/2012 as new "golden age" will be upon us.

Let me know if you need more "sorces". I am not really suggesting it's the end, but merely I am open minded to it. It is strange how the mayan's along with other civilizations predicted this, not to mention this super computer that predicted 9/11. I call the Computers
"predictions" BS, but who knows.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need some meds man.

Lol. I was being sarcastic, I wasn't serious....Really.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#33]

If the Mayans really had prophetic powers their calendar would have stopped about 500 years ago.

+ 100,000,00

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#34]
If it happens, I hope its proceeded by a massive zombie attack.  If I'm gonna go out, I wanna go out with bang, bang, bang, as fast as I can pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#35]
2012 - End of the world?

Hopefully
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well for one example they were obsessed with astronamyastrology. They located and basically mapped the black hole that NASA has recently found. So...it make you wonder doesn't it.

Astrology is not science, Astronomy is.

Every ancient civilization was obsessed with astrology.  Many people still are today (Zodiac BS).

The Maya did not discover a black hole, they didn't even have telescopes or know how a star works and dies.  Next you will be telling us they calculated the Chandrasekhar limit.  

Their knowledge was on par with the ancient Greeks, who could only note patterns in the movement of "wanderers".  It wasn't until men like Kepler and Newton modeled planetary motion with math that Astronomy came to be.

Some people are trying to say a carved symbol is a black hole and proof the Maya knew about them.  The first "sources" I found on this while searching are aztlan.net and marijuana.com.  You have got to be shitting me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#37]
I learned this in a Ancient Civ class.  Basically, think of the mayan calendar as a stopwatch.  It keeps counting up to 99999, then rolls over back to 00000.  Not the end of the world

*sry didn't look at other responses, too excited to respond!*
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Go watch the movie Apocalypto... and youll be good to go It tells you everything youll need to know
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.crystalinks.com/mayan.html

This should get you started. Remember the Mayan's said that if we find all thirteen crystal skulls that on 12/21/2012 as new "golden age" will be upon us.

Let me know if you need more "sources". I am not really suggesting it's the end, but merely I am open minded to it. It is strange how the mayan's along with other civilizations predicted this, not to mention this super computer that predicted 9/11. I call the Computers
"predictions" BS, but who knows.

"Sources" is exactly how I'd describe what you posted. If you're going to be so epistemologically irresponsible, keep it to yourself.

Learn about Mayan culture, the end of the world, Indiana Jones, and get your future read by my psychic abilities, all in one! Only $150 per hour.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top