Brah, CQB and SPR with 11" barrel just by swapping the mag
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stoned a moose at 1100 meters with one shot. Obviously it was a Grendel

You misspelled ".300blk subsonic", good sir.

Brah, CQB and SPR with 11" barrel just by swapping the mag

It was a 10mm
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:03:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:04:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding.

Am I in before the nancy boys?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow what a shot!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Outstanding.

View Quote

This thread is doing pretty well so far.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]
That was great.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Very interested in what caliber & bullet he was using.  Fucking dropped that big-ass moose RFN. That guy has skills.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Very interested in what caliber & bullet he was using.  Fucking dropped that big-ass moose RFN. That guy has skills.
View Quote

At that range, only a few I could think of. 338-378, 338 Lapua, I know some folks even use 50's for really long range moose shots.  Regardless of caliber, that was a perfect shot.  Moose are tough as hell, it's (at least in my experience) kinda rare to see them DRT like that. Wobble, raise a leg, run, yeah, but planted like that? Just wow.

Personally I've never even one dropped outside 200 though. But huge terrain difference.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Outstanding.

Ah you murdered that cute fluffy little moose....   why didn't you just go out and pet him?

(other 2 mooses are like....   wut?)
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]
He fucking pole axed that big bastard.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#11]
 damn that is awesome
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The optic too, love to see what he used.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Not sure what he was using for a cam and zoom, but that doesn't even look close to 1100 meters.
He was pretty casual about hitting that shot.  Regardless, good shoot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fantastic shot

I'm not sure I would expose MY kid to that sort of thing that early, particularly carving up a corpse,  but credit to him for involving his kids.  And that shot is just incredible
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ah you murdered that cute fluffy little moose....   why didn't you just go out and pet him?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Outstanding.

One had figured out what happened.

"Dave's down, I'm outta here!!"

The other two weren't as aware.

"Didja' hear something, eh?"

"No, but Dave did. Look at him duck, the big baby.."

"Uhh.... Dave?"
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not sure what he was using for a cam and zoom, but that doesn't even look close to 1100 meters.
He was pretty casual about hitting that shot.  Regardless, good shoot.
View Quote

I have to retract my statement, I re watched the video and did not see the zoom out
the first time I watched it.  Apparently, the man has some bucks tied up in optics.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
cool wood powered boat
View Quote

Steam launch
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn. Not so sure how ethical that far of a shot is but he made it ethically.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#19]
That was awesome. One hell of a shot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah; I'm more curious about the glass too. Whatever it was good shooting and he really put that boy down!

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I suspect he's been shooting that lane before.  That's about the only way to hunt big game while babysitting

I generally avoid rutting males, but I suppose it can be made edible.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Good shooting, must took alot of practice especially with the kid there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Watch again, you can see the water mist  when the bullet spines him right in front of the rear quarters...taking away control of the rear legs....just like dropping a tree.....
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#24]
ost
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#25]
SIT... good boy
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn good shooting.  Nice to be over water like that.  Looks like there wasn't much wind call to make.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Dude was stone cold.  Not his first rodeo
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Not bad for a bag milker
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#29]
"Moose must die." - Boris.

At the Siege of Petersburg, a Confederate bullet killed two mules at 1/2 mile's distance.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice shot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Judy chop!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Impressive
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dude was stone cold.  Not his first rodeo
View Quote

This, guy is/was squared away.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was positively chuffed to find this term listed as a verb in the dictionary. Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Watch again, you can see the water mist  when the bullet spines him right in front of the rear quarters...taking away control of the rear legs....just like dropping a tree.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think he intended for that placement or it was just luck?

That shot was 3-4 feet away from a proper placement and if it hadn't hit the spine, the animal would have walked off with a gut shot.

I'll be "that guy". It was luck that he hit the spine. You can't target that small of a target at those distances.

Two seconds is a long time for an animal to decide to move. Now, I'd say he probably knows the movements and habits of moose much better than I. But, they are still unpredictable and two seconds is a long time.

Unless he was starving, IMHO, that's what we call  a "pot shot". Shooting in hopes you'll get lucky.

It's not that much different than a guy I know who brags about shooting a deer at 200 yards with a shotgun and hit it "Right in the eye".  

I've no doubt the guy had his shit together. The more you practice and better equipment you have, the luckier you get.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That shot was 3-4 feet away from a proper placement and if it hadn't hit the spine, the animal would have walked off with a gut shot.

I'll be "that guy". It was luck that he hit the spine. You can't target that small of a target at those distances.

Two seconds is a long time for an animal to decide to move. Now, I'd say he probably knows the movements and habits of moose much better than I. But, they are still unpredictable and two seconds is a long time.

Unless he was starving, IMHO, that's what we call  a "pot shot". Shooting in hopes you'll get lucky.

It's not that much different than a guy I know who brags about shooting a deer at 200 yards with a shotgun and hit it "Right in the eye".  

I've no doubt the guy had his shit together. The more you practice and better equipment you have, the luckier you get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your not pulling a 1100 meter 1 shot slaying on a moose doing a fucking pot shot. Yes your being that guy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Fantastic shot

I'm not sure I would expose MY kid to that sort of thing that early, particularly carving up a corpse,  but credit to him for involving his kids.  And that shot is just incredible
View Quote

Sir that right there is why this nation is being filled with a bunch of pussies!    Get your kids out there and let them get their hands dirty!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Impressive.  It would be interesting know what rifle, optics, and ammo he used.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Is moose good?
View Quote
It's the best damn thing walking on four hooves.

Shot mine last year with a SW629 with 240gr Hornady XTP at 30yards.  He ran 30 more yards and fell over dead, double lung shot.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1793991_Got_my_Once_in_a_lifetime_Idaho_Bull_moose__UPDATED_pics_of_bullet_on_pg4.html

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Your not pulling a 1100 meter 1 shot slaying on a moose doing a fucking pot shot. Yes your being that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shot was 4 feet right of where it should be. That shot wasn't a "slaying". The moose laid there until he got there to put another in the vitals.

You saw one vid of one shot. How many has he missed?

He obviously has the gun and optics capable. And I said, the more you practice the luckier you get.

But, that was a pot shot because he got lucky that it hit the spine and anchored the animal.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Where was the kid while he was taking the shot?  Where's the kid's ear pro?  I sure hope he wasn't alone with his kid wandering around while he's lining up the shot.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Where was the kid while he was taking the shot?  Where's the kid's ear pro?  I sure hope he wasn't alone with his kid wandering around while he's lining up the shot.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I'd be more worried about the munchkin wandering around all the meat laid out on the beach in what is presumably bear country.

Bears have been known to come towards the sound of a shot, too.

It could be that they aren't much of an issue in that locale, though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The shot was 4 feet right of where it should be. That shot wasn't a "slaying". The moose laid there until he got there to put another in the vitals.

He obviously has the gun and optics capable. And I said, the more you practice the luckier you get.

But, that was a pot shot because he got lucky that it hit the spine and anchored the animal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many shots has anyone missed? I've missed plenty of shots in my life. Are you saying people shouldn't take a shot unless their 100% it's going to be a 1 shot instant kill? While I'm completely for 1 shot kills reality says that's probably not going to happen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Died trying to get a little pussy.

Ain't no 'ho worth that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Not at all. I've missed and had my share of bad hits. I do try to take only shots with a high probability of one and done. Very rarely instant but I'll settle for quick, at least.

Even done some "longer range" shots.

The 2 second flight time alone would keep me from taking that shot unless it was a necessity. Just mho.

It was obviously a hell of a shot. Im just saying it was risky and unethical as evidenced by the luck of the spine hit being the deciding factor.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with you.  He was not aiming for the spine, which would be a ridiculous aiming point for a 50 yard shot, let alone a 1000+ yard shot.  He missed his intended target and lucked out with that clean drop.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Is moose good?
View Quote

If I remember correctly, you spent some time in AK.  I would have figured you had some time on shore.

You never tried it?  Not even jerky at the airport flying in/out?  Yes, it's good.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#50]
So was the OP the shooter, or did he just find the video on Youtube?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top