BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 50
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:19:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"We feel he is no longer in the area,  we are scaling back and refocusing our efforts..."

make him comfortable...and thus reckless.  Put your best woodsman/shooters on teams and just wait him out.  Perhaps plant some seismic stuff.  High altitude FLIR if available at State level or Fed loan...

and wait...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless they really have eyes on, time to scale back, send in three to four man teams for two to three day recons.

Two man unmarked from the drug task force pool for random patrol of common areas or possible sympathizer drops.

Have a QRF in reserve.

"We feel he is no longer in the area,  we are scaling back and refocusing our efforts..."

make him comfortable...and thus reckless.  Put your best woodsman/shooters on teams and just wait him out.  Perhaps plant some seismic stuff.  High altitude FLIR if available at State level or Fed loan...

and wait...

Fuck it carpet bomb the whole place.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:02:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

and wait...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless they really have eyes on, time to scale back, send in three to four man teams for two to three day recons.

Two man unmarked from the drug task force pool for random patrol of common areas or possible sympathizer drops.

Have a QRF in reserve.

and wait...

Having uniformed police in the field is a bad idea. Ralph Bucky Philips ended up shooting a few cops who were hunting for him and killed one of them. Under cover cops sounds like a good idea. Use hunting season as an excuse to have armed people in the woods dressed as hunters.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
How long can he stay out there ?
In Maine the "North Lake Hermit" lived for years uncaught and existed through the rough Maine winters in a tent !
If he is clever and carefull he can easily get food and supplys from camps and cabins.
Hell we have a camp up there only 9 or 10 miles from the search area.
If he robbed our camp he would get cans of soup, canned ham, ramin noodles, spam and so on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are there really enough camps in that area with food to live indefinitely? Plus once the leaves are off the trees it seems like he would be more vulnerable to flir and nightvision ( juts guessing)  

I suppose once deer season starts he can poach without raising suspicion
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In Maine the "North Lake Hermit" lived for years uncaught and existed through the rough Maine winters in a tent !
If he is clever and carefull he can easily get food and supplys from camps and cabins.
If he robbed our camp he would get cans of soup, canned ham, ramin noodles, spam and so on.
Are there really enough camps in that area with food to live indefinitely? Plus once the leaves are off the trees it seems like he would be more vulnerable to flir and nightvision ( juts guessing)  

Yes.

As far as deer season, archery is next week.  Small game has been ongoing.  Plenty of squirrels and rabbits to eat, not to mention the nuts/berries. It is a very survivable area, whether off the land or from hunting cabins/mountain homes.

Along with food, he wont have a problem finding guns and ammo in those same cabins.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes.

As far as deer season, archery is next week.  Small game has been ongoing.  Plenty of squirrels and rabbits to eat, not to mention the nuts/berries. It is a very survivable area, whether off the land or from hunting cabins/mountain homes.

Along with food, he wont have a problem finding guns and ammo in those same cabins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

If he hangs around playing Grizzly Adams for any longer than absolutely necessary then he's not as smart as some have said he is.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Fox is reporting that one of the Troopers may have been having an affair with the wife of Frien and that was the reason for the shootings.

Like I said, I know of several similar incidents and they all involved someone screwing someone they shouldn't have.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2014/09/24/new-twist-in-the-eric-frein-saga-did-law-enforcement-mislead-us/

ETA:  This is confusing because it is being reported that the officer may have been having an affair with Eric Frien's wife OR the wife of his brother.  I have read and heard both accounts.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Cabin break in's happen all the time up there.
Our place in Dingmans Ferry was hit 2 years ago.

Odd thing was nothing valuable was taken.
The only things stolen were.
Cans of Chicken noodle soup.
Toilet paper- yes toilet paper
Fire starters.
Granola bars
and a couple of packages of peanut butter crackers.

Thief could have taken tools, fishing tackle, 22 ammo, TV and DVD player and household stuff but none of that stuff was touched.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Shouldn't be a problem, back on page 25, the Illinois contingent assured us nobody keeps guns in their cabins in PA.    
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fox is reporting that one of the Troopers may have been having an affair with the wife of Frien and that was the reason for the shootings.

Like I said, I know of several similar incidents and they all involved someone screwing someone they shouldn't have.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2014/09/24/new-twist-in-the-eric-frein-saga-did-law-enforcement-mislead-us/

ETA:  This is confusing because it is being reported that the officer may have been having an affair with Eric Frien's wife OR the wife of his brother.  I have read and heard both accounts.
View Quote

Fox isn't reporting an affair, that is some lawyer's blog that is referencing random comments other people are posting on Facebook.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If he hangs around playing Grizzly Adams for any longer than absolutely necessary then he's not as smart as some have said he is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

A person doesn't need to be smart to be a problem. Ralph Philips spent most of his life in prison but still managed to be on the run for months by sticking mostly to the woods. He shot three cops killing one. The manhunt for him ended up killing more people than he did.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Makes sense. Some guy a few pages back who tossed that out as a possible cause for all this deserves some apologies if true.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Fox isn't reporting an affair, that is some lawyer's blog that is referencing random comments other people are posting on Facebook.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

State police confirm Frien's sister-in-law and Alex Douglass were friends, but are denying they were having an affair.  So a connection between the shooter and one vicitm has been confirmed, this wasn't just randomly targeted officers as we were initially led to believe.

'We used thorough investigative techniques and questioned Melissa Frein extensively. She denied it and we do not believe she is being deceptive.'

Kelly (state police spokesman) confirmed that Douglass and Melissa Frein are friends and there is no way to know whether Eric Frein believed that his sister-in-law was involved with the 31-year-old trooper until and unless they manage to arrest him.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2769945/EXCLUSIVE-Did-survivalist-cop-killer-deliberately-target-one-troopers-shot-Police-reveal-quizzed-suspect-s-sister-law-love-triangle-surviving-officer.html

ETA:  Its a sad state of affairs for journalism in this country when once again the British have better articles, then our local and national papers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once deer season hits he's toast.  The Fudd Army will have him before sun-up on opening day.

ETA:  As far as the search, I agree with the poster who said call it off and let him make his own mistakes.  They're not going to find him.  He's going to find them.  They'll know when he opens up on them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Once deer season hits he's toast.  The Fudd Army will have him before sun-up on opening day.

ETA:  As far as the search, I agree with the poster who said call it off and let him make his own mistakes.  They're not going to find him.  He's going to find them.  They'll know when he opens up on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every hunting season is bad enough with guys shooting each other-lets hope the fudd army doesn't get too trigger happy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Could hunting season be suspended, or delayed, within this specific search area until he is captured?

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Could hunting season be suspended, or delayed, within this specific search area until he is captured?

View Quote

The "shoot on sight" order can't possibly end up bad.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Archery opens a week from Saturday so we will find out then.

Coyote, Pocupine, Oppossum, and Skunk is open now, but the woods aren't exactly packed this time of year for those critters.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Atlanta Olympic bomber/abortion clinic bomber Eric Rudolph lived in the mountains of NC for years, breaking in and stealing a few things or stealing crops.
More recently that Utah mountain man has been living on breaking in cabins for years.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would imagine they are going to postpone archery season in at least zone 3D.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

State police confirm Frien's sister-in-law and Alex Douglass were friends, but are denying they were having an affair.  So a connection between the shooter and one vicitm has been confirmed, this wasn't just randomly targeted officers as we were initially led to believe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2769945/EXCLUSIVE-Did-survivalist-cop-killer-deliberately-target-one-troopers-shot-Police-reveal-quizzed-suspect-s-sister-law-love-triangle-surviving-officer.html

ETA:  Its a sad state of affairs for journalism in this country when once again the British have better articles, then our local and national papers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'We used thorough investigative techniques and questioned Melissa Frein extensively. She denied it and we do not believe she is being deceptive.'

Kelly (state police spokesman) confirmed that Douglass and Melissa Frein are friends and there is no way to know whether Eric Frein believed that his sister-in-law was involved with the 31-year-old trooper until and unless they manage to arrest him.  

Yeah, the scuttlebutt at the gym today was Frein was gunning for Alex but only wounded him.

Interesting that the sister and Alex "know" each other.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#24]
This thread needs more MSPaint.

Where will Saturday bring us?

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This thread needs more MSPaint.

Where will Saturday bring us?

http://i.imgur.com/BTMlmtq.jpg
View Quote

Goddamn, are they STILL looking for flight MH370?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Having uniformed police in the field is a bad idea. Ralph Bucky Philips ended up shooting a few cops who were hunting for him and killed one of them. Under cover cops sounds like a good idea. Use hunting season as an excuse to have armed people in the woods dressed as hunters.
View Quote

This sounds like a terrible idea. You'd have jumpy undercover cops blasting hunters right and left.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, the scuttlebutt at the gym today was Frein was gunning for Alex but only wounded him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sister-in-Law, wasn't it?

Amazing coincidence.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
rudolph was also believed to have had help from locals  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atlanta Olympic bomber/abortion clinic bomber Eric Rudolph lived in the mountains of NC for years, breaking in and stealing a few things or stealing crops.
More recently that Utah mountain man has been living on breaking in cabins for years.

Well, no shit. That is common knowledge. It also adds credence to the wonderful diversity of the dindu tribe.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well, no shit. That is common knowledge. It also adds credence to the wonderful diversity of the dindu tribe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Believed to be" does not meet arfcom standards for credible.

Might as well link Alex Jones.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Amazing coincidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amazing coincidence.

Yes, that's quite a connection to the shooter.

I'm surprised it wasn't brought up.

But yeah, let's run with Anti-Government extremist angle That's Gunning for All Cops(tm).  

Meh.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#33]
So the cop knew the sister in law of the suspect. Fascinating stuff. I bet they filled up at the same gas station and had the same cable company too.

Rural community, duh. Everyone knows everyone.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So the cop knew the sister in law of the suspect. Fascinating stuff. I bet they filled up at the same gas station and had the same cable company too.

View Quote

This.  The local town is  what, 1200 people?  Being more or less the same age they probably all went to high school together.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This.  The local town is  what, 1200 people?  Being more or less the same age they probably all went to high school together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To the best of my knowledge, no information has been released to indicate where the trooper was from, or where the sister-in-law was from, or where they went to high school.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Nope, it's not like that here and I think you're gonna find out pretty soon that there is more to this connection of people than you have heard so far.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

To the best of my knowledge, no information has been released to indicate where the trooper was from, or where the sister-in-law was from, or where they went to high school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No information has been released that proves the trooper was fucking the guy's wife or that he was even ever married, but that does not  slow GD down in the slightest. If they want speculate without any  proof or just flat out make up  shit then  so can I.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

^This.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nope, it's not like that here and I think you're gonna find out pretty soon that there is more to this connection of people than you have heard so far.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next Wednesday?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No information has been released that proves the trooper was fucking the guy's wife or that he was even ever married, but that does not  slow GD down in the slightest. If they want speculate without any  proof or just flat out make up  shit then  so can I.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea it's quite the contrary.  The sister in law passed lie detector tests and a investigation that proves she had no affair.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are GD. Keep going.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're going on the above-linked story, not simply making it up. There are allegations that he did, and denials that he didn't. Something like that.

Time will tell.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Shouldn't be a problem, back on page 25, the Illinois contingent assured us nobody keeps guns in their cabins in PA.     http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qo249nFeqjs/U1W4wrjM8QI/AAAAAAAAEUI/p6WuUtSYbPY/s1600/smiley_floorLaugh-2.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

Shouldn't be a problem, back on page 25, the Illinois contingent assured us nobody keeps guns in their cabins in PA.     http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qo249nFeqjs/U1W4wrjM8QI/AAAAAAAAEUI/p6WuUtSYbPY/s1600/smiley_floorLaugh-2.gif
I may be from Ill. but fish and hunt in Wisc.   Nope , will not leave any thing of value up there.  They  go to my wife's aunt's place or her cousins.

Only drove through Penna.   ETA.  never hunted or fished in Pen .

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My in-laws just bought a place in the area Rudolph was hiding. They're friendly with the man who owns the lodge that the ATF used as a base of operations for years. He has some good stories, but suffice it to say Rudolph had lots of local help. It could have been as little as looking the other way, but I suspect there was more to it. I'm guessing the ATF decided not to prosecute half the county.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, and the shooter is still in the area even though cops are looking 50 miles away right?

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#46]
From today's PA State Police news conference:

Frein had a laptop that was recovered and the hard drive searched.  He has been working on this for a couple of years, making searches on how to elude police searches and on backwoods survival.

Frein has been hiding out in caves.  Police have encountered bears while searching for Frein in some caves.

Police searched an abandoned resort/inn and found no signs of Frein being there.

Police revealed that receipts indicate he may have built a bunker, based on construction supplies he has purchased.  And he has stockpiled supplies, presumably at that bunker and other locations.

Police are saying that the troopers shot by Frein had no relationship with Frein's sister-in-law or brother-in-law.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Frein had a laptop that was recovered and the hard drive searched.  He has been working on this for a couple of years, making searches on how to elude police searches and on backwoods survival.

Frein has been hiding out in caves.  Police have encountered bears while searching for Frein in some caves.

Police searched an abandoned resort/inn and found no signs of Frein being there.

Police revealed that receipts indicate he may have built a bunker, based on construction supplies he has purchased.  And he has stockpiled supplies, presumably at that bunker and other locations.

Police are saying that the troopers shot by Frein had no relationship with Frein's sister-in-law or brother-in-law.
View Quote

Correction to one point from the press conference

Police are saying that the troopers shot by Frein had no inappropriate relationship with Frein's sister-in-law or brother-in-law

They did not deny there was any connection.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#49]
The manhunt for the accused cop killer has shifted from combing the
woods to searching an abandoned resort, a place he is known to have
frequented in the past, police said.
"Our teams searched the vacant Inn at Buck Hill Falls -- this property
spans over 4,600 acres and more than 900,000 sq. ft. of multiple
multi-level structures and underground tunnels," said Bivens. "Every
inch of this private vacant resort needed to be cleared."
Authorities are also clearing caves as they find them.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/trooper-tells-accused-cop-killer-eric-frein-find/story?id=25777381

Link 2

http://abcnews.go.com/US/accused-cop-killer-eric-frein-repeatedly-appears-eludes/story?id=25734478

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2771034/Police-hunting-survivalist-cop-killer-search-haunted-hotel-used-MTV-show.html

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure there is. Suspects dad and police chief visited same gun store. Suspects mom and cops daughter had same dentist. That kind of stuff. Because small community.
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top