Quoted:

People in this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone still wanna claim he doesn't have the gay?

who they hell didnt know he was a closet homo from the 1st episode ?

People in this thread.

Really? Everyone knows. HBO requires a Gay character in every series that has a heart of gold.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1751554__True_Detective__Season_2_______OFFICIAL_THREAD_______.html&page=7#i54340972
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Person in mask last night

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Who the Hell Is Stan on 'True Detective'?

Well, if you’re worried that you missed something, you can stop worrying. Stan is no one. Stan was basically henchman #4 in Frank’s crew. He was played by Ronnie Gene Blevins. He had two scenes. In the first episode, he was in a flashback scene (barely), standing behind Vince Vaugh’s Frank (he’s the one in the middle).

In the second episode, he pepper sprayed a bookie in the eyes on Frank’s behalf.
View Quote

Notice the eyes?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Really? Everyone knows. HBO requires a Gay character in every series that has a heart of gold.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1751554__True_Detective__Season_2_______OFFICIAL_THREAD_______.html&page=7#i54340972
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone still wanna claim he doesn't have the gay?

who they hell didnt know he was a closet homo from the 1st episode ?

People in this thread.

People pointed out he was gay pages before that.

And yet, for some reason, some were reluctant to believe it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Read the link above your post, its addressed
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Solved:

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#8]
To be fair, there's also pics of the mayor with Biden, Clinton, and someone who looks like Michael Chertoff? Maybe?  So I don't think it's necessarily a Republican bash.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
To be fair, there's also pics of the mayor with Biden, Clinton, and someone who looks like Michael Chertoff? Maybe?  So I don't think it's necessarily a Republican bash.
View Quote

HAH.  You can say that all you want, but the Bush picture is bigger and more focused than the others, such that it grabs your attention.  It was a totally obvious statement, with the inclusion of the others just a frail defense against such claims.  Totally obvious the first time you see it, but deniable on slow-motion review.

Pretty clever, to be honest.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm digging S2 more and more after every episode.

I was really disappointed at Frank's reaction to his lady waiting up for him. Show me dem tittays!

The rubber buckshot thing bothers me - why bother? The killer (or presumed killer - the driver of the Cadillac with the raven mask) is waiting at the house - whether he was sent there knowing Ray would show up or was just camped out waiting for anyone to show up doesn't matter - and he follows the first person to enter the house and shoots them with non-lethal ammo?  Why would you do that? Why wouldn't you just kill that person, take the hard drive and GTFO? At that point, it's a job well done. Set fire to the house, set fire to the car outside (or near the house of a recently unemployed driver if you want a patsy) and go your merry way. Unless the shooter knew who Ray was and intentionally didn't want him dead. This leads me back to the mayor, as Frank seemed genuinely unaware of the setup.

The mayor of Vinci was definitely in on the freaky sex cult stuff along with the City Manager. That dude is old school mob, whereas Frank is a first generation gangster and a bit of an amateur at that. Dude is in way over his head and doesn't even know it yet. His pecker knows it though, and I think his wife might now too.

Brokeback Iraq is headed for a world of pain. I can't see any resolution to his storyline that ends well.

Ani is going to find out that Daddy is part of the freaky sex cult along with Caspar and the Mayor, possibly at the head of the whole thing.

Ray's dream and the premonition of his death - if it comes to fruition - seems like some pretty blunt foreshadowing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]

To be fair, isn't that Bubba Clinton in the first pic?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

the last three episodes of the first season of true detective were rubbish. Especially when the fat bastard killer starts doing Shakespeare or some shit.  The whole labyrinthian final showdown was utterly retarded.

I  can only hope there is no silly bullshit in this season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm enjoying this season but it hasn't sucked me in like the first. I feel like the acting is just as good as last season.

What made the first season so compelling was:

1. The Louisana backwoods bayou setting
2. The hints of supernatural elements
3. The split timeline

Corrupt politicians in a California city just doesn't have the same mystique.

Fortunately, this season isn't even halfway through so they've still got a chance to not completely butt fuck the ending like they did last season.

the last three episodes of the first season of true detective were rubbish. Especially when the fat bastard killer starts doing Shakespeare or some shit.  The whole labyrinthian final showdown was utterly retarded.

my problem with season 1 was that there was no reference at the end to the obvious decades-long conspiracy involving that religious boy's school.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

my problem with season 1 was that there was no reference at the end to the obvious decades-long conspiracy involving that religious boy's school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm enjoying this season but it hasn't sucked me in like the first. I feel like the acting is just as good as last season.

3. The split timeline

Fortunately, this season isn't even halfway through so they've still got a chance to not completely butt fuck the ending like they did last season.

There were a LOT of red herrings and sidelines that really had nothing to do with the resolution.  Some of the theories were better and more interesting than the final result.  Michelle Monaghan's father ended up not having anything to do with it.  The whole Mogadishu storyline really didn't have any bearing either (even though it was awesome!).  

Basically, it was a modernized Maltese Falcon (which may explain the black birds).
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rubber buckshot.
View Quote

This has me really scratching my head.

Why would ANYONE carry a shot gun loaded with rubber buckshot back to a murder scene?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Show tunes from tonight...

Conway Twitty - The Rose
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO59ITNCxzk
View Quote

He had a pretty good set of pipes on him,  I was surprised not being a country music fan.

I'm enjoying season 2 so far.   The first season with Woody and MM is just impossible to top IMO.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Interesting.

I think it would be cool even if a subtle way to tie each one of the series together.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interesting.

I think it would be cool even if a subtle way to tie each one of the series together.

Both seasons have animal masked bad guys so IMO I was thinking there was some sort of connection there right out the gate.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been giving it my best, but I guess I'm going to join the group saying "this sucks"

I'll keep watching.  But it's shit.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

All of the characters are interesting and well-acted.

View Quote

I have a policy about not ripping on actors unless they really earned it.

Vince Vaughn is shit in this show.

Shit.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Both seasons have animal masked bad guys so IMO I was thinking there was some sort of connection there right out the gate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

I'm starting to think that seasons 1 and 2 might not be as unrelated as they'd have us believe. The first season had the Tuttle video of 5 men in animal masks raping and murdering the Fontenot girl. Season 2 has a pervert's sex dungeon house with a running video camera and 5 animal masks hanging on the wall.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Missed the office but got the one at the house.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Shit.

View Quote
But boy can he raise that one eyebrow every other sentence. You're not giving the man enough credit, he overacts the shit out of each scene. I mean, I sit there and every time he talks I have to think to myself "wow, he's really acting a lot right now". It's like 3x the acting per shot than "good" actors who only act just enough to make you forget they're acting. With those guys, you actually think they're the character, but Vince makes sure you're both aware he is a character and an actual actor attempting to play that character. You get 2 people for the price of one. That's an amazing deal.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Can we start a new, secret thread to discuss the show and leave this "official" thread for everyone that wants to show up and say how shitty it is compared to S1?

I like this season.  I usually don't like Colin Farrell, but i've enjoyed his burnt out, downward spiraling cop.  He certainly doesn't fuck around, as shown with the bully's dad!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. The split timeline

It was never meant to be fully resolved. I'm actually kind of disappointed at the end as well, insofar as Matthew suddenly losing his nihilism which is what made the show. Also him running through a labyrinth and around a house that should have had booby-traps. The green paint was loose as hell too as far as figuring out the killer. I think the Yellow King was much like the Dread Pirate Robert, each generation takes on that role. They abuse not only their own children but other victims.

Anyways... I would have liked to see season 2 as a continuance of season 1 instead of a fairly neat "wrap up."
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of the characters are interesting and well-acted.

Shit.

What, you don't feel threatened by Vince as the big bad guy? He's a shitty actor, period.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm starting to think that seasons 1 and 2 might not be as unrelated as they'd have us believe. The first season had the Tuttle video of 5 men in animal masks raping and murdering the Fontenot girl. Season 2 has a pervert's sex dungeon house with a running video camera and 5 animal masks hanging on the wall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.

If the two seasons have related themes are we going to get some hot naked chicks along the lines of Alexandra Daddario and Lili Simmons from season 1?

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If the two seasons have related themes are we going to get some hot naked chicks along the lines of Alexandra Daddario and Lili Simmons from season 1?

View Quote

No actress could top her tits though, so another +1 for season 1
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

We didn't get any nudity from Lili, just some dirty talk about how she wanted it in the ass. Alexandra's tits were amazing though...
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Six weeks ago I would have said she has the nicest HBO tits I've ever seen.

Now I'd have to give that crown to:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_142/1468098_Sexy_Women_of__Game_of_Thrones_.html&page=13#i53758558

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_142/1468098_Sexy_Women_of__Game_of_Thrones_.html&page=13#i53758558

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You trippin.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You trippin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You trippin.

You know nothing, triburst1.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:16:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
We didn't get any nudity from Lili, just some dirty talk about how she wanted it in the ass. Alexandra's tits were amazing though...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You are right; I was confusing this with Lili's part in Banshee where she is naked in half her scenes.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:30:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I probably said the same thing during that episode, but was reminded of Alexandra's.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I probably said the same thing during that episode, but was reminded of Alexandra's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What made the scene even better was that the clothes she wore made it look like she didn't have anything really special up top.  Then when she popped her tits out...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#35]
I laughed until I cried at the dream sequence with that guys pelvic thrusting lip sinked rendition of the Conway Twitty tune.

I mean I nearly puked laughing.

That was fucking hysterical.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#36]
The show is losing my interest. As said above, I just don't care who killed Caspere, and VV isn't likable enough for me to care what Caspere did with his 5 mil.

The closeted CHiP needs to just be gay already, his way-over-the-top worry about it is making my eyes roll so hard they're about to fall out. He had a gay 3 days with another dude. He needs to accept that he did it, cowboy up, and move on.

Girl cop is tough. I get it. The high school bullshit in the precinct is unnecessary to the plot.

Seems like Velcoro is the only character I like. Farrell is showing his chops as a veteran actor who plays a character that is burning out hard and trying to keep it together to get the job done while dealing with the possible loss of his son who he KNOWS isn't his, but loves him anyway. His relationship with his dad is junk and through it all seems to be the only one of the three who is doing real police work.

Why is there such a fight about who solves this case? The state and/or county have got to know that the City of Vinci is run by dirty rats and any investigation done by VPD will be suspect.

Yes, I know there is an evil cult at work here with lots of bread crumbs to follow. I simply cannot give a fuck about it. The director is not made me emotionally invested at any level, and having to build the backgrounds of 4 main characters over an 8 episode season stagnates the plot something fierce.

The bottom line is, I just wanna see Velcoro save his relationship with the child he wants as his son. Everything else is background noise.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The show is losing my interest. As said above, I just don't care who killed Caspere, and VV isn't likable enough for me to care what Caspere did with his 5 mil.

The closeted CHiP needs to just be gay already, his way-over-the-top worry about it is making my eyes roll so hard they're about to fall out. He had a gay 3 days with another dude. He needs to accept that he did it, cowboy up, and move on.

Girl cop is tough. I get it. The high school bullshit in the precinct is unnecessary to the plot.

Seems like Velcoro is the only character I like. Farrell is showing his chops as a veteran actor who plays a character that is burning out hard and trying to keep it together to get the job done while dealing with the possible loss of his son who he KNOWS isn't his, but loves him anyway. His relationship with his dad is junk and through it all seems to be the only one of the three who is doing real police work.

Why is there such a fight about who solves this case? The state and/or county have got to know that the City of Vinci is run by dirty rats and any investigation done by VPD will be suspect.

Yes, I know there is an evil cult at work here with lots of bread crumbs to follow. I simply cannot give a fuck about it. The director is not made me emotionally invested at any level, and having to build the backgrounds of 4 main characters over an 8 episode season stagnates the plot something fierce.

The bottom line is, I just wanna see Velcoro save his relationship with the child he wants as his son. Everything else is background noise.
View Quote

agree with most of your points.  I knew this season wasn't going to live up to season 1, but its not even remotely close.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Brokeback Mountain cop could easily have been eliminated from the show and you wouldn't miss a thing.  

I think it's telling (for me, anyway) that after three episodes I still don't know the characters names.

Vince isn't selling me on his character either.

I'm liking Colin and Rachel though.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can we start a new, secret thread to discuss the show and leave this "official" thread for everyone that wants to show up and say how shitty it is compared to S1?

I like this season.  I usually don't like Colin Farrell, but i've enjoyed his burnt out, downward spiraling cop.  He certainly doesn't fuck around, as shown with the bully's dad!
View Quote

Me also.  why don't you start it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Velcoro is doomed IMHO.  He is a good man driven to evil.  There must be an atonement for such a man.  I think he will find a way to die nobly in the end.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

Wait, what? Lili was nude in her episode. Just like in Banshee. She has nice tits, way better than Alexandra's flap jacks
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Wait, what? Lili was nude in her episode. Just like in Banshee. She has nice tits, way better than Alexandra's flap jacks
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?  

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

WTF?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?  

Dude is obviously delusional. Lili was never nude in true detective and Alexandra has perfect tits.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't hotlink

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1737453_True_Detective__Season_2.html&page=2&anc=54467883#i54467883
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I feel the same way about Colin Farrell, he's nailing it. Good season so far.

season 1 Is a huge benchmark to beat, I am not thinking of this season compared to last season, just enjoying the show.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Id rather have seen Billy Bob Thornton in Vince Vaughn's character.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Velcorro is the most tragic of all of them, and I feel the same way. The kid is all he's got. He knows 100% who he is unlike the CHiP, and Ripley wannabe. He knows he's earned whatever he's got coming. It's still sad and depressing though.

Side note: Farrell's acting was good enough during that bar scene with Vaughn that I thought Velvorro was so enraged he might pull a gun or something on this mob boss. Vince Vaughn's character pussed out at the wolf stare first, and glanced at his second over at the bar.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Velcorro is the most tragic of all of them, and I feel the same way. The kid is all he's got. He knows 100% who he is unlike the CHiP, and Ripley wannabe. He knows he's earned whatever he's got coming. It's still sad and depressing though.

Side note: Farrell's acting was good enough during that bar scene with Vaughn that I thought Velvorro was so enraged he might pull a gun or something on this mob boss. Vince Vaughn's character pussed out at the wolf stare first, and glanced at his second over at the bar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, as stated above by another poster, the only character name we know is Velcoro. For everyone else, it's "Gay CHiP" or "Girl Cop" or "VV/Vince Vaughan's Character".  We aren't committed to them enough to even know their names.

Shit, we know Caspere's name, and he's a dead mofo with not a single line in the whole show.

I really want to like it, and I need something to pass the time until Walking Dead and GOT comes back on.

At least we have HUMVNS now and Fear The Walking Dead coming up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Dude is obviously delusional. Lili was never nude in true detective and Alexandra has perfect tits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?  

Not to beat a dead horse; but I just went back and confirmed that those, including me, who said Lili was never nude in TD are incorrect.

I just watched a quick clip of her topless riding Woody from episode 6; I'm ashamed I second guessed that she wasn't nude in some way in TD when she most certainly was. I doubt Woody will forget that scene.

Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top