Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks like Stan is maybe doubting the Russian defector's motives, by her saying "exactly what they want to hear.  People love being told they are right."

View Quote
Good point!  I had the same thought about her being too perfect, but I didn't connect the dots with what Stan said.  I wonder if she's just there to distract them from the Americans. Every minute they spend baby-sitting her is a minute they aren't investigating.

What about the other agent hitting on Martha?  Where is that going?  We see Philip and Martha having some problems already (children).  I briefly considered that Philip and Martha could adopt a kid and Philip could give the adopted kid, instead of Paige, to the center... but Philip isn't real, so that probably wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think that was Stan's statement in response to the other agent's inquiry as to exactly what he had to do to get the 88ers to trust him and let him in the group.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like Stan is maybe doubting the Russian defector's motives, by her saying "exactly what they want to hear.  People love being told they are right."

The Jennings son makes an appearance this episode.  Nice touch with him having a sexy photo of mrs. Beaman.

Elizabeth's ass also makes another welcome appearance.

No doubt this show ends it's run with the FBI busting the Jennings, but it's the slow chess match that makes the shows interesting.

I think that was Stan's statement in response to the other agent's inquiry as to exactly what he had to do to get the 88ers to trust him and let him in the group.

Yes, it was Stan that said that, but I think he was applying (thinking about what he just said to the other agent about his undercover work)it to the Defector while she was talking on the talk show.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good point!  I had the same thought about her being too perfect, but I didn't connect the dots with what Stan said.  I wonder if she's just there to distract them from the Americans. Every minute they spend baby-sitting her is a minute they aren't investigating.  

What about the other agent hitting on Martha?  Where is that going?  We see Philip and Martha having some problems already (children).  I briefly considered that Philip and Martha could adopt a kid and Philip could give the adopted kid, instead of Paige, to the center... but Philip isn't real, so that probably wouldn't work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other agent hitting on Martha could be the way the FBI finds out about Phillip.  He finds out Martha is married(either she comes right out and tells him or maybe he follows her).  

I wonder what is going to happen with the agent that Elizabeth is training.  The show is setting something up with him.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it will end with Phillip turning on the wife so he has a chance at a normal life with the kids. She seems to be hard core indoctrinated and he seems to like his cushy American way of life.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think it will end with Phillip turning on the wife so he has a chance at a normal life with the kids. She seems to be hard core indoctrinated and he seems to like his cushy American way of life.
View Quote

I hope so.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I hope so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope so.

Or maybe they both get killed off and the kids are taken in by "relatives" to become the next generation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the cia is already watching and following them.  How else can you explain the chase?   They had no other reason to be tracking them.  I will also throw out there that it is possible that Phillip is al ready a double agent, but not sure about that.  It could be the other reason that the cia was tracking them.  I could be completely wrong, but those are my ideas.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think the cia is already watching and following them.  How else can you explain the chase?   They had no other reason to be tracking them.  I will also throw out there that it is possible that Phillip is al ready a double agent, but not sure about that.  It could be the other reason that the cia was tracking them.  I could be completely wrong, but those are my ideas.  
View Quote

I was thinking that too......they may have been watching the open house (which in itself could have been a setup to draw in illegals) and followed anyone who matched the description.

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh come on guys.  Think.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
stan's finally getting suspicious .

great sountrack
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

great sountrack
View Quote

Yup.

Elizabeth was very clear about her plans for Paige.  Hilarious how Paige played mom and dad.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup.

Elizabeth was very clear about her plans for Paige.  Hilarious how Paige played mom and dad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

great sountrack

Yup.

smooooooth
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:10:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I missed something tonight, why did Beeman go back to the restaurant and trash the bathroom ? Did he plant a microphone in there to listen to the broad he was there with or something ?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:13:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I missed something tonight, why did Beeman go back to the restaurant and trash the bathroom ? Did he plant a microphone in there to listen to the broad he was there with or something ?
View Quote

my impression was that he was suspicious of the "defector" and went to check for a drop or any indication she isn't what she claims to be
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:18:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok, I got that Stan is clearly suspicious of the defector and went back to the Diner to look for a drop in the bathroom.  I also got Elizabeth's confession that she has full intentions on recruiting Paige.

But what was the deal with the Kimberley girl and the black woman AA sponsor?  I see they're hitting those two hard to befriend them.  But what's the point that I missed?  Looking for new allies/resources?  Trying to recruit them?  Don't get what either has to offer, other than being compromised individuals who are easy to sway.....but for what?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:22:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe Phillip is trying to recruit this young girl, who's the same age as his daughter roughly, so they dont end up recruiting their daughter....
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ok, I got that Stan is clearly suspicious of the defector and went back to the Diner to look for a drop in the bathroom.  I also got Elizabeth's confession that she has full intentions on recruiting Paige.
But what was the deal with the Kimberley girl and the black woman AA sponsor?  I see they're hitting those two hard to befriend them.  But what's the point that I missed?  Looking for new allies/resources?  Trying to recruit them?  Don't get what either has to offer, other than being compromised individuals who are easy to sway.....but for what?
View Quote

I think they are going to try and use the young girl as a tool against one of the people in/ near the CIA's Afghan Group.  Remember the guy's open house?  And the CIA/ FBI almost caught them as they were trying to stay within radio range when he was driving?  She's the babysitter they caught talking to him about how she likes older men as they were listening to him the next night or whatever.

IIRC the AA sponsor works at Northrop, and Elizabeth is working an angle there.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:37:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Maybe Phillip is trying to recruit this young girl, who's the same age as his daughter roughly, so they don't end up recruiting their daughter....
View Quote

her father works for the cia is what i got from the previews for next week.  my guess is that her similarities to paige are going to complicate philip's plans.  i'm not sure if he's trying to screw her, or what their exact angle is, other than to some way compromise her and use that for leverage to compromise her father.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:40:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think they are going to try and use the young girl as a tool against one of the people in/ near the CIA's Afghan Group.  Remember the guy's open house?  And the CIA/ FBI almost caught them as they were trying to stay within radio range when he was driving?  She's the babysitter they caught talking to him about how she likes older men as they were listening to him the next night or whatever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhhh ok.  Forgot all about the open house and the rest of that.  See, one week intermissions between episodes, throws me all off.  Thanks for filling me back in.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:40:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

still looking for information on stealth tech is my guess.  northrop grumman built the b-2.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:47:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Also, looks like Nina may be cultivating a special friendship with her cellmate in order to get some info and have her sentence reduced.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Also, looks like Nina may be cultivating a special friendship with her cellmate in order to get some info and have her sentence reduced.
View Quote

I'm totally down for that "special friendship".
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not so sure her cellmate is who she's supposed to be.  I kind of felt like Nina was screwing herself when she started speaking the truth.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Lotta wheels in motion, guys...
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 2:35:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm not so sure her cellmate is who she's supposed to be.  I kind of felt like Nina was screwing herself when she started speaking the truth.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I thought. Maybe trickery to get Nina to admit her crimes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought Nina already admitted her crimes?  Isn't that what she got sent "home" for?

I think it's a just a writing ploy to keep her in the show.  She'll redeem herself and get sent back to America and interject herself back in Stans life.  Possibly to keep him quiet after he finds out info on illegals in America.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ.  She's 17 now (15 when she filmed Season 2).  Put it back in your pants you perv.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great show. And looking at Holly Taylor is a bonus.

Jesus Christ.  She's 17 now (15 when she filmed Season 2).  Put it back in your pants you perv.

So what you're telling me is... she's almost legal now!
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think it's a just a writing ploy to keep her in the show.  She'll redeem herself and get sent back to America and interject herself back in Stans life.  Possibly to keep him quiet after he finds out info on illegals in America.
View Quote

Stan is going to get the Russian defector he's guarding sent back in exchange for Nina.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Stan is going to get the Russian defector he's guarding sent back in exchange for Nina.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

whether she really is a spy or not, apparently
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#30]
@ philip's flashbacks
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking that as well.
Elizabeth is one coldhearted bitch.  Dropped that car on the Northrop dude like it was hot.
Phillip on the other hand, is having issues of conscience regarding Paige and Kimberly (the babysitter).  Considering his response to the dude sketching on Paige in the first season, I'm wondering if his conscience or the mission will win that little internal battle.  Watching him work a 15 y/o is distasteful, even at this early stage - I really hope FX doesn't actually go there.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Never mind. Just saw the answer I needed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:18:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I turned away from tonight's episode for just a moment and I came back just as Elizabeth dropped the car on someone. Who got squashed?
View Quote

Dude that worked for Northrop.  Made an opening so Elizabeth's new potential asset could get approved for transfer to the closer factory.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I turned away from tonight's episode for just a moment and I came back just as Elizabeth dropped the car on someone. Who got squashed?
View Quote

Northrop worker.  As if by chance, that opened up a job position closer to her AA sponsor/friend.

ETA: beat by 8 seconds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:14:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Elizabeth is one coldhearted bitch.  Dropped that car on the Northrop dude like it was hot.

Phillip on the other hand, is having issues of conscience regarding Paige and Kimberly (the babysitter).  Considering his response to the dude sketching on Paige in the first season, I'm wondering if his conscience or the mission will win that little internal battle.  Watching him work a 15 y/o is distasteful, even at this early stage - I really hope FX doesn't actually go there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think it's really fucking with him.  he's using her for information on bettering his relationship with paige and it's adding to the difficulty
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I was kind of shocked Philip admitted to pretending with Elizabeth... reminded me of Beeman admitting to cheating on his wife with (and being in love with) Nina.  But did that even phase Elizabeth?  Probably not.  She did seem awfully curious though, both about Kimberly and Martha.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#37]
i think she sees martha as a bigger threat than the others.  she seemed pretty pissed when he married her, especially since he did it with elizabeth's jewelery.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:55:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Elizabeth is as cold as ice, goddamn.

And just to keep count, this makes three shows this week that've gone guy-on-guy gay: Black Sails, TWD, and now The Americans. No hate, just keeping a tally.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And just to keep count, this makes three shows this week that've gone guy-on-guy gay: Black Sails, TWD, and now The Americans. No hate, just keeping a tally.
View Quote

Yeah, but the guy-on-guy gay on The Americans was shown to be a very bad experience for Philip.  It would make since that they would need training for that given their line of work.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Yeah, but the guy-on-guy gay on The Americans was shown to be a very bad experience for Philip.  It would make since that they would need training for that given their line of work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah true, just say'n.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah true, just say'n.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah true, just say'n.

At least they didn't actually show it.  They have my permission to show some more girl on girl action featuring Elizabeth anytime.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

At least they didn't actually show it.  They have my permission to show some more girl on girl action featuring Elizabeth anytime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah true, just say'n.

agreed
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like the actress that plays Elizabeth got the mole on her lip removed. She doesn't have that mole on her upper lip like she did in previous seasons

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:36:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Decent episode but the preview for next week looks like a lot is about to happen
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Praying or nailing a 15 year old?  It is a hard choice.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#46]
and now elizabeth's a combination of disappointed and pleased all at once
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, it looks like things may be getting "interesting" for the illegals.

Phillip is being pressured to get intimate with the baby sitter, and he's trying to find a way to stay close without the sex with a 15 y/o thing.  Enter religion as a prop to stall for time.

Elizabeth is beginning to attempt to broach the fact that Paige doesn't know her parents using the "civil disobedience" and "greater good" angles and trying to tie that in to her church-related protest activities.

Curious as to whether or not Phillips first son will be used a leverage against him at some point.  And if the illegals will be tasked to do some dirty work in a manner to make it attributable to the South African intelligence dude they just discovered.

Preview alludes to some things going sideways.
edit - Dagnabit - you guys type faster than I hunt and peck.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#48]
damn.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Why does it seem like Gabriel is intentionally causing a rift between Phillip and Elizabeth?  He knows Elizabeth is uncomfortable with Phillip sleeping with his targets, and he doesn't talk highly of Phillip to Elizabeth during their private meetings.  Then when he meets with Phillip, he's pushing him to do more frequent tape swaps.  Which he knows is going to require, while telling Phillip that he needs to, start sleeping with Kimberly.  Then when he talked to Elizabeth during their last private meeting, he kept speaking highly of her new trainee.  Even referred to the kid as, "your friend."

Not sure if this was instigated by Elizabeth confiding in Gabriel about Phillip's apprehension with indoctrinating Paige into 'The Center' or what, but it just seems like he's now gone sour on the two and is intentionally causing hardship to create a divide between them.  

I could see this progressing to later seasons as Phillip becoming Russian Enemy #1 and fighting back as a defector, or even just as a lone wolf.  Either way, I'm just getting this vibe from Gabriel that he's trying to break them up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:12:56 AM EDT
[#50]
The pussified Stan storyline is getting old. He needs to get back to chasing spies.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top