BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats an OLD wound.  NOT FRESH.  Not muzzle damage as someone said.

By muzzle damage, I mean that the sheer size of the wound seemed to indicate that there was a lot of muzzle blast damage.

No, the reason the size is large is because they chopped away all the dead and damaged tissue.   There are no powder burns or any burn injury evident in that wound.  Also contact wound leave black residue and he has none.   You can actually see some sutures in the second PIC.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY: pdynak

i just love the loaded chamber indicator on my XD.

now i think i love it more then i will ever know.

such a simple devise, more guns need this.

Come on dude! Dont forget those other three things you were born with. Your two eyes and your brain.
ASSUME ALL GUNS ARE LOADED. NEVER DEPEND AN A "FAILSAFE LOADED DEVICE" ON A GUN AS THE PRIMARY INDICATOR!
You are new here, we will let you slide for now. Just listen and learn.

just because im new  to this site doesnt mean i dont know my guns.  i know all the rules of gun safety.  i still clear any of my guns before i handle them, regardless of the status of the loaded chamber indicator.  those 3 guys that shot their own hand all seemed to have lots of firearms experience, you think if it had a simple loaded chamber indiactor they would be ok today?  maybe, maybe not.  any safety device in the world means nothing if the person holding the gun is careless
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
do XD's require you to pull the trigger to disassemble like glocks do?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
That ain't no .45, evvybuddy knows that even a hand hit wif a .45 will kill ya drt.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yes.

the loaded chamber indicator definetly reasures me that it is empty

however, im not sure how the accidental discharge happened.  on my xd you must first lock the slide open, then flip the slide release button, then close the slide, then pull the trigger

i would assume unless there was a loaded magazine in the gun that the gun would be empty when you first lock the slide back.

is the glock dissasembly different?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, thats a nasty wound.

Yak.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Ouch +1000
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought only Glocks could do that?????

Stupid Glock haters!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea..Kinda puts a crimp on the ole Garand Thumb deal....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#10]
That sucks.
Max
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#11]
a lot of people have ND's with glocks huh?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Gun ranges and gun shops should hang those pics on their wall as a grim reminder.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hollowpoint or ball round? If that was done by a ball round then I'd hate to see what a hollowpoint round would do!

check out the 2 guys on GunZone with the hand wounds. one is a member here and he did it with a black talon .45 and someone else did a 40.
45 ND
.40 ND

Look at that .40 exit wound!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i just love the loaded chamber indicator on my XD.

now i think i love it more then i will ever know.

such a simple devise, more guns need this.

The indicator on my CZ 97B was awesome, a small rob came up the tinyiest bit, you could feel it in the dark. More guns should deffinatly have them.

Who is rob, and why did you "feel it in the dark"?  j/k
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#15]
That is worst than "having a bad day at the office"
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I wonder if he was using the coveted Extreme Shock round.hr

Nope, it was Blended Metal Technology.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PPPFFFFTHTHTTTTTTTT

Duct tape will clear that right up.

and JB Weld... like fucking new!!!

+1
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]
How do you pull a trigger while the muzzle is pointed at your own flesh?

That's why I ALWAYS keep my 1911 cocked and locked. You don't have to guess whether or not it will blow a hole in your hand if you pull the trigger.

You simply take the round out of the chamber when you are ready to service the weapon. When you are through servicing the weapon drop the slide on a freshly loaded mag and lift the safety, just like God and John Moses intended.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Stupid Glock haters!

What makes you think it wasn't a Glock?  The .45 ND US Marshals photo spread was a Glock.

Why are all these people putting their hand in front of the muzzle when the clear/take down their weapons.
Serious question.   Is it being taught that way, or it it just a bad habit that they fell into?

Any ND is bad, but it's worse when your hand is in front of the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stupid Glock haters!

What makes you think it wasn't a Glock?  The .45 ND US Marshals photo spread was a Glock.

if your talking about the Gunzone .45 ND the guy is NOT a US Marshal. Internet BS mutated that story.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Why do I keep seeing so many pics like this? How hard is it to not shoot yourself in the hand?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes.

the loaded chamber indicator definetly reasures me that it is empty

however, im not sure how the accidental discharge happened.  on my xd you must first lock the slide open, then flip the slide release button, then close the slide, then pull the trigger

i would assume unless there was a loaded magazine in the gun that the gun would be empty when you first lock the slide back.

is the glock dissasembly different?

Glock's do not require you to lock the slide back before pulling the trigger.  At least w/ the XD we know it's unloaded if we follow the directions:

1.  drop the magazine
2.  lock the slide back (this will eject any round in the chamber)
3.  flip up the takedown lever
4.  release the slide
5.  pull the trigger to release the striker
6.  remove the slide.

Now, if you are dumb enough to leave the magazine in the gun, then you will chamber another round and blow out your television when you pull the trigger (don't ask me how I know this)...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Okay who volunteers to do that with a 9mm now so we can finally settle this arguement?

LOL!  You first!  I'll lend you my 9.    
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#25]
That wound looks like it has been treated w/  the VAC system (vacuum assisted closure) - that pink/red stuff in new granulation tissue, and the VAC stimulates pretty rapid growth to fill the area (it's much faster than the old wet-to-dry dressings).  The granular/mesh pattern is due to the tissue being pulled into the sponge dressing of the VAC.   It could be days-weeks old, depending on how extensive the original wound was.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#26]
What it looks like is that he tried to pull (err push) the slide back using his left hand on the front strap and somewhere along the line he blasted his hand.

I know there aren't any burn marks, but it may have been cleaned up and the image may have been taken a week or so after the incident.

It sure is a lot of damage however it happened.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#27]
That wasnt a .45. Chuck Norris spit at him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
That wont buff out.

+1
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I GOT F***ING LUCK

poor bastard
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I GOT F***ING LUCK

poor bastard

+1
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Do you want some Tylenol?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Tylenol won't help....trust me.
<----------
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
<----------

I heard Lyrica works
Percocet helps take the edge off but morphine is best
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<----------

i heard Lyrica works

Big 'ole +1....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top