Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2024 1:05:21 PM EDT
Just got a Vortex Venom. What are preferred set ups when zeroing in the red dot. I don’t know, what I don’t know. Any insight is appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I would probably use a 25 yard zero. I do closer with irons but the dot sits a bit higher.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I zero at 15 yards using one of those in-barrel laser pointers and dial it in at the range.
The danger is in zeroing the dot to compensate for your bad shooting habits.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kokodude: I zero at 15 yards using one of those in-barrel laser pointers and dial it in at the range.
The danger is in zeroing the dot to compensate for your bad shooting habits.
View Quote

When you improve just rezero.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I hit the indoor range and shot groups at various distances.  Then I adjusted until I had the farther groups where I wanted them and the closer ones weren’t too far off elevation wise. For me that ended up being a 20yd zero.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top