Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2014 12:36:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SgtDoubleTap]
Hey everybody I'm new to Colorado and have just recently learned of 3-gun competition.  I served in the Marine Corps as an infantryman quite some time back and have been an avid hunter since I was old enough to be the dog, I guess that means I wasn't a hunter for awhile haha.  A buddy of mine from the Marine Corps recently told me about the 3-gun and let's just say I'm now looking to get a rifle so I can begin the run.  I already have a good shotgun and 1911 so now I'm looking to build an A2 clone, since I have many years experience carrying it around and know it quite well.  I've found some information out there showing 3-gun competition dates, is it alright to show up and spectate until I get my rifle?  I guess you can say I want to start as a "just for fun" competitor but am pretty sure that mode will change pretty quickly haha.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section but I couldn't find anywhere to do an introduction.  I've also been a member of AR15.com since 2005 but took a couple of years off while I was living in Hawaii and not able to play.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 12:13:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Punkface] [#1]
What part of CO are you in? You actually just missed a "just for fun" 3 gun style competition up at the Pawnee Sportsmans Center on Sunday. There were a couple of people that came to spectate and hang out. They enjoyed watching and learning the courses.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Thornton. That doesn't really surprise me, that kinda seems to be my luck. Definitely gonna start watching the forums and being active so as to not miss the next one
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#3]
All things 3 gun in CO. The Weld Co 3G monthly match will start back up next month hopefully.

http://www.ecouspsa.com/schedule.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top