Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2022 11:32:17 PM EDT
So here is the dilemma.

All my life I’ve ran my stock 2 notches out, and life was good, my shooting was great.

However, recently I made the decision to run the stock 4 notches out because I noticed it gave me a much better view through my optic. However, when I went to the range and shot with the stock further out, it went terrible. I ran some bill drills and my splits went from .12-.14 to .16-.22, I started getting trigger freeze, and groupings where probably twice as large.

What I’m wondering is if my body will adjust to the new stock length with practice or was yesterday’s performance a sign that 4 notches out will never work out?

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Try it in a few more range sessions before deciding.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 2:41:16 AM EDT
[#2]
What's trigger freeze?
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 3:44:19 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s a pause in my string of fire, like if I shoot 10 shoots it will go like 3 shots pause, 4 shots pause etc.

Also, would a hand stop be more beneficial than a vfg when shooting with stock further out? I’ve noticed practically everyone who shoots with stock further out uses one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Well you can practice more and your body mechanics should adjust for it.  Or you can stick with the if it ain’t broke don’t fix it approach.

Shoot a couple matches knowing you are going to be uncomfortable or slower and see if you adjust.

I would think that FOV would only help in medium range situations similar to using too much zoom on a long range course. You might overtravel a target if you don’t have enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top