Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2023 1:31:18 PM EDT
Hello everyone!

I'm in the proses of getting back into guns and wanted to get into some competitive shooting. I was looking into 3gun but I am unsure about some things.

1) If you can't have a threaded barrel on a handgun in CT how do you add a compensator to it?

2) AR15 seems to be the rifle of choice. So if you have to pin the mag in order to get a pistol grip or use a fin grip (I think that's what its called). Which one is right and why. Or are there other options?

If 3 gun is not an option in CT what is and where would I go to check it out?

Thanks for any and all help given.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Old thread but here are some ideas:
Northeast Shooters is a pretty good resource for all types of competitions.
There are some 2-gun, but most matches are PCC since you can buy
something like a Ruger PC Carbine (with the right stock) legally in CT.
Go to Practiscore and search for matches there by location.
I would start with a club level IDPA or USPSA match.
I shoot IDPA locally at Sprague Rod & Gun (search SRG in Practiscore).
--- 1) If you can't have a threaded barrel on a handgun in CT how do you add a compensator to it?
Comps (any muzzle device) on pistols - not positive but I think they are legal if pinned which can be done by a gunsmith or you by them with a permanent.
--- 2) AR15 seems to be the rifle of choice. So, if you have to pin the mag in order
to get a pistol grip or use a fin grip (I think that's what it’s called). Which one is right and why. Or are there other options?
If you don't already have one Grandfathered/registered you're toast. I think the only option is a non-pistol grip type which pretty much leaves you with a Ruger PCC in CT.
--- If 3 gun is not an option in CT what is and where would I go to check it out?
Like I said, search Practiscore on Northeast Shooters.
SIG Academy in Epping NH runs some 2-gun/PCC 2-guns.
Good luck.
NEShooters
Practiscore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top