Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2024 5:27:11 AM EDT
Hi,

I'm looking to get a shot timer. I've been looking at the CED 7000 and the PACT Club Timer III.
I want a loud buzzer, and something that is going to hold up. Is there something else out there better? Maybe I should buy something like SG Shot Timer or Kestrel?
Anyone have either?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m using a pocket pro ii and love it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:
I’m using a pocket pro ii and love it.
View Quote

Can pocket pro pick up dry fire?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one of the SG Go timers recently. Half the price of their higher end model, but with quite a few features, including the ability to pic up dry fire. $150, but not waterproof. This isn't super important to me, as I'm not going to be using it to run matches or shoot in the rain for time. But something to consider nonetheless. Their belt attachment is pretty solid, but I did end up dremeling off the tab that kept poking me in the stomach when I bent over. Battery life is beyond ridiculous. Lasts effectively forever and charges over USB C.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Young_Un:
I got one of the SG Go timers recently. Half the price of their higher end model, but with quite a few features, including the ability to pic up dry fire. $150, but not waterproof. This isn't super important to me, as I'm not going to be using it to run matches or shoot in the rain for time. But something to consider nonetheless. Their belt attachment is pretty solid, but I did end up dremeling off the tab that kept poking me in the stomach when I bent over. Battery life is beyond ridiculous. Lasts effectively forever and charges over USB C.
View Quote

Its a good for Dry fire? They write on the manufacturer's official website that it should work well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking to get a shot timer. I've been looking at the CED 7000 and the PACT Club Timer III.
I want a loud buzzer, and something that is going to hold up. Is there something else out there better?
Maybe I should buy something like SG Shot Timer or Kestrel?
The SG Timer GO is a fantastic shot timer that offers great value for money, SG Shot Timer with U-Grip more expensive, but looks great, Kestrel Built like a tank, five year warranty and upgrades, made in the USA.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a CED7000, not a big fan. I plan to get the SG timer. Everything I have seen its leaps and bounds ahead of the others on features.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]
We use the Kestrels. They are reliable and the screens are really visible. Simple to use.

Kestrel Shot Timer
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
What is a good basic time for someone just getting started? I'm looking for something that will give me a random start beep and will tell me the lapse time of my last shot.

Also wonder how well these work on a range with other folks shooting. Will it know 'my'last shot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top