Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2024 2:41:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: v188]

The MG has already been transferred to the SOT.  He wanted me to use silencer kiosk instead of eForms.

1.  How long is the wait from Silencer shop to get it back to me to "approve or certify", I don't recall the phrase.  I know the SOT hasn't uploaded from eForms to silencer shop yet.  

2.  After I get the initial notification from Silencer shop then I need to call my sot and finish the process?

Basically how long is the wait to contact my SOT and certify?

I don't think the kiosk is an improvement over eForms.  Probably won't use it again. Lots of fans, I'm ok with that, I'd just like to control the process.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#1]
1. About a week.
2. Dealer gets notification when you do and should reach out to you the same/next day.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ditch-Tiger:
1. About a week.
2. Dealer gets notification when you do and should reach out to you the same/next day.
View Quote
Your results may very.

I purchased a can that was instock on March first, signed documents on the third, and today is the 22nd. The can has not shipped to my dealer and the status still shows preparing to submit form four. My dealer says they have to wait for silencer shop.

This is the first can I've ever purchased directly from silencer shop, so far I'm not impressed. I'm used to waiting 8-18 months. This is the first nfa submission I thought I might get back quickly, and silencer shop is dragging their feet. If I'd done a paper submission and snail mailed it all, I would be ahead of this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:25:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shultz] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
Your results may very.

I purchased a can that was instock on March first, signed documents on the third, and today is the 22nd. The can has not shipped to my dealer and the status still shows preparing to submit form four. My dealer says they have to wait for silencer shop.

This is the first can I've ever purchased directly from silencer shop, so far I'm not impressed. I'm used to waiting 8-18 months. This is the first nfa submission I thought I might get back quickly, and silencer shop is dragging their feet. If I'd done a paper submission and snail mailed it all, I would be ahead of this.
View Quote
I don't think the bold part is correct. I'm not far behind you timeline wise. The issue is still the ATF dragging its feet...
F3 approvals are anywhere from days to weeks with some running a month or longer, typical ATF fuckery. SS cannot proceed with transferring the can to your dealer without an approved F3 and your dealer is correct, they can't proceed with the F4 transfer to you until they have the can in hand for certification.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top