Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2023 1:53:00 PM EDT

where are the best places to get black powder (for a cannon) nowadays?   seems like its harder to come across now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue collar is shipping hazmat now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:54:08 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.addictedtoblackpowder.com/

This is where I get all of my real black from. He is close by so I drive there. But he does ship
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Powder Valley is now advertising GOEX in stock 1F-4F.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Back Creek Gun Shop near Winchester, VA has GOEX, Schuetzen and Swiss in all graduations.  They cater to the N-SSA so if you're shooting the big guns, they'll have you covered.  GOEX Cannon grade is $25/lb.  They do ship.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hudsonite:
Back Creek Gun Shop near Winchester, VA has GOEX, Schuetzen and Swiss in all graduations.  They cater to the N-SSA so if you're shooting the big guns, they'll have you covered.  GOEX Cannon grade is $25/lb.  They do ship.
View Quote

Good to know! I expected cannon grade to be impossible to get for a while so I've been hesitant to crack into my last ten pounds of it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

This they do bulk at a cheapier rate why i like them instead..
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cviss:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cviss:

Shame they can't ship bulk powder.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 4:22:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cviss] [#10]
what i meant is that all will ship 1lb cans but

blackpowderva.com

is the cheapiest at 24.00 a lb if you purchase 25 lbs..

next is

grafs.

$26.85 a lb for 25lbs

pv is 27.99 lbs

plus shipping...

the last time i purchased 25lbs of powder was in 1994 took me until now to use it all up but 2 cans of 4fg..

I hunted pheasant with 12ga sxs cva bp and 50cal hawken for deer. over that time period..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top