Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 3:00:38 PM EDT
I'm still on the quest of getting a suppressor and I found a YHM T2 for $399.99 and I'm wondering if its still worth it in 2024? Or is the T3 a better option? This will be my first suppressor and I want a dedicated 5.56 can.

I have looked at the YHM T3 and the AB Warthog 5.56. All of these cans fit into my budget with the tax stamp.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the T3 is a better option I have the K K-RB the T2 and friends with the Turbo.

Great cans for the money and the T3 has noticeably less blow back and sounds great
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No experience with either, but from what I’ve heard, go with the T3. I’d also add the OCL Polonium K to your short list.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
T2 isn't a bad can and if it's at a price you like and you are ready to buy now. It won't be your last can.

It might require you to tune your guns a little if they are overgassed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
T2 is a nice can. $400 is pretty dang cheap these days. T3's are going for $550 ish. get a YHM gas block or BRT tube and the gas won't be bad.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
i was looking at these, not quite as cheap but close and look like a good design

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/ecco-machine/silencers/223-caliber/ecco-machine-five-by-five/
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I don’t know about the T2 but my original turbo is a great can. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone. I'm really thinking about ordering one. I may try and make an offer on it and see if they take it.

Is the T2 discontinued?

I think some of the videos that I have watched said the sound isn't much different between the T2 and T3. The gas isn't that different either if rifle is tuned right.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:
Thanks everyone. I'm really thinking about ordering one. I may try and make an offer on it and see if they take it.

Is the T2 discontinued?

I think some of the videos that I have watched said the sound isn't much different between the T2 and T3. The gas isn't that different either if rifle is tuned right.
View Quote

Don't do it, get the T3 (or something else lower back pressure) instead. You'll appreciate less back pressure more than a technical muzzle dB reduction.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DDS87:

Don't do it, get the T3 (or something else lower back pressure) instead. You'll appreciate less back pressure more than a technical muzzle dB reduction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is the T2 discontinued?

I like the price point of the T2 and it will allow me to get into a suppressor that fits my budget but I am also looking at the T3 and AB Warthog 5.56.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Generally speaking, then newer the version, the better the design inside. The T3 will come with a QD muzzle device, so you can swap it around on other rifles by getting more muzzle devices if you are so inclined. The Warthog is direct thread but HUB compatible. My first can was a YHM, so I have a few of their mounts. I put a YHM HUB adapter on my Warthog so I can use it on a few other rifles.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#11]
You can get a T3 for like $100 more and it’s a superior suppressor IMO. They don’t sound much different but the reduction in blowback is significant and quite noticeable.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#12]

I like the price point of the T2 and it will allow me to get into a suppressor that fits my budget but I am also looking at the T3 and AB Warthog 5.56.
View Quote

You'll very likely spend more money trying to tune the gas down. IMO it would be worth it to wait and save a little bit for something better on something you'll likely have to your name/trust for a lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#13]

You'll very likely spend more money trying to tune the gas down. IMO it would be worth it to wait and save a little bit for something better on something you'll likely have to your name/trust for a lifetime.
View Quote
$20 for a YHM suppressor gas block and worst case he drills it a little bigger for unsuppressed use, assuming a .750 gas journal.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
$20 for a YHM suppressor gas block and worst case he drills it a little bigger for unsuppressed use, assuming a .750 gas journal.
View Quote

Nice, handy kit for a low price of admission.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:40:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#15]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
View Quote

I really don’t know/understand why more people aren’t using the YHM suppressor gas blocks.
It’s the only true, bomb proof way to tune gas. I have one drilled to .062” on my 11.5” BCM and it runs incredibly smooth with my T3.
Adjustable blocks are generally trash unless you pay for the ridiculously expensive ones. Gas tubes are ok I guess, but have to be changed eventually because the port hole opens up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:

I really don’t know/understand why more people aren’t using the YHM suppressor gas blocks.
It’s the only true, bomb proof way to tune gas. I have one drilled to .062” on my 11.5” BCM and it runs incredibly smooth with my T3.
Adjustable blocks are generally trash unless you pay for the ridiculously expensive ones. Gas tubes are ok I guess, but have to be changed eventually because the port hole opens up.
View Quote

BRT tubes actually hold up to erosion pretty damn well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#17]
I suspect that the T2 will still be gassier than the T3, even after choking the port down. Doesn’t mean that the T2 is bad, or that the T3 won’t also benefit from tuning.

As far as the BRT gas tubes wearing out, I’d challenge anyone here to produce evidence that they’ve done so. They seem to last as long as silencers, and longer than barrels in some cases. The YHM block is very appealing, though. I’ve been meaning to try one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
I suspect that the T2 will still be gassier than the T3, even after choking the port down. Doesn’t mean that the T2 is bad, or that the T3 won’t also benefit from tuning.

As far as the BRT gas tubes wearing out, I’d challenge anyone here to produce evidence that they’ve done so. They seem to last as long as silencers, and longer than barrels in some cases. The YHM block is very appealing, though. I’ve been meaning to try one.
View Quote

Weird. Their own website says they last about 10K rounds. Not forever. And that’s certainly nowhere near the life of a suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

View Quote

All I have to go buy is their own website which states 10K rounds. I’m sure that’s fine for most. But the gas block is not only more cost effective, it’s going to take much more than 10k rounds to erode to the point that it’s significantly increasing gas flow vs a thin tube.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:12:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#20]

Weird. Their own website says they last about 10K rounds. Not forever. And that’s certainly nowhere near the life of a suppressor.
View Quote
They originally said “at least” 5k because that’s as far as they had tested them at the time of release. “At least” meaning greater than or equal to. They changed it to 10k after people such as myself informed them that we’d crossed the 5-digit mark, disassembled and inspected, replaced barrel, and then stopped counting. They don’t mean that it drops dead at 10k, its just a reasonable prediction of “at least”. And it’s $5k worth of ammo that 99% will never surpass.

FWIW, most of mine are carbine-length SBRs with high-moderate backpressure silencers, so near-worst case scenario. Using an early version of it, I was able to turn a 5.56 silencer’s blast baffle nearly into a 6.5 one, with obvious wear to others. I think the second baffle was worn enough to fit a .243win bullet, IIRC.

They don’t seem to exhibit a wear problem, though I’m sure they eventually open up slowly. After the barrel’s throat is pushed forward quite a bit and your blast baffle and second and third baffles show obvious erosion. I’m not saying that it can’t happen, just that I haven’t seen reason to believe that it’s a real issue.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#21]

All I have to go buy is their own website which states 10K rounds. I’m sure that’s fine for most. But the gas block is not only more cost effective, it’s going to take much more than 10k rounds to erode to the point that it’s significantly increasing gas flow vs a thin tube.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The BRT tube really shines in instances where guys feel comfortable  swapping tubes but maybe not necessarily gas blocks. It's pretty much an easy button that works.

~$55 for a minimum of~$5k effectiveness is cheap admission.

The YHM blocks are even cheaper (and will likely outlast the tube, as you stated) but a bit more entailed regarding replacement. Not that swapping out a GB is difficult for many.

I haven't seen any reports regarding round counts/port erosion of the blocks this far. I've got one sitting in a parts box waiting,  someday I'll get around to trying it out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#22]

The BRT tube really shines in instances where guys feel comfortable  swapping tubes but maybe not necessarily gas blocks. It's pretty much an easy button that works.

~$55 for a minimum of~$5k effectiveness is cheap admission.

The YHM blocks are even cheaper (and will likely outlast the tube, as you stated) but a bit more entailed regarding replacement. Not that swapping out a GB is difficult for many.

I haven't seen any reports regarding round counts/port erosion of the blocks this far. I've got one sitting in a parts box waiting,  someday I'll get around to trying it out.
View Quote

Or if you have a .625 gas journal since YHM only makes it in a .750. That's the case with my 11.5" Spike's CHF pencil barrel. Oh, and my Geissele 12.5" with their bombproof gas block install...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Heck i still love my original turbo.
Top Top