User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ben:
Goodness gracious some of you don't have enough patience to make it through March Madness, much less wait through the setup and execution of a legal fight.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72384/Form_1_Submitted-2811829.jpg

View Quote

Patience?  I've been waiting since 1990 ( when I turned 21)!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is this a fight?  Founding fathers said The Right to Bear.  Why is one firearm singled out and banned?   Fight on.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
One thing people don't think about… Do you think the manufacturers would actually sell us machine guns if they all of a sudden become legal? I don't think they would. Do you really think FN and their legal team would think it was OK to put some M249's for sale at bass pro shop lol? As soon as some gangbanger got a hold of one of those legally or illegally, they would just ban machine guns all over again. We're having to fight 24/7 just to keep what we have right now much less making machine guns totally legal to buy. And as far as larger weapons like grenades, tanks etc., those manufacturers would never sell those to everyday Americans because of insurance and liability reasons. The insurance they would have to keep to sell some of those weapons would be unbelievable.

In the end, I don't think any of this is going to happen because we don't have a conservative utopia in this country. We can barely keep what we have right now. The stars would have to lineup so perfectly to get rid of the ATF in the NFA, that it's literally impossible. Now, if we get invaded by another country or something crazy like that, maybe we would see things loosen up as far as the second amendment.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By carl1000:
Do you think the manufacturers would actually sell us machine guns if they all of a sudden become legal? I don't think they would. Do you really think FN and their legal team would think it was OK to put some M249's for sale at bass pro shop lol?
View Quote

If you go back to before 1986, apparently Colt wouldn't sell M16's to non-LE and would pull an SOT's Colt dealer status if they did.  But once the guns were sold to LE, there's not much that the manufacturer can do about it if LE later resold the gun to someone else.  I used to have an M16 that was sold to a police department who later resold it.

FN or some other large manufacturers who primarily sell to government agencies might not sell machineguns directly.  But there's soooo many more manufacturers today that it wouldn't be a problem; some would.  You could always form 1 one, anyways.  Of all the things to worry about with legalizing new machineguns for the general public, this is pretty low on the list.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
One thing people don't think about… Do you think the manufacturers would actually sell us machine guns if they all of a sudden become legal? I don't think they would. Do you really think FN and their legal team would think it was OK to put some M249's for sale at bass pro shop lol? As soon as some gangbanger got a hold of one of those legally or illegally, they would just ban machine guns all over again. We're having to fight 24/7 just to keep what we have right now much less making machine guns totally legal to buy. And as far as larger weapons like grenades, tanks etc., those manufacturers would never sell those to everyday Americans because of insurance and liability reasons. The insurance they would have to keep to sell some of those weapons would be unbelievable.

In the end, I don't think any of this is going to happen because we don't have a conservative utopia in this country. We can barely keep what we have right now. The stars would have to lineup so perfectly to get rid of the ATF in the NFA, that it's literally impossible. Now, if we get invaded by another country or something crazy like that, maybe we would see things loosen up as far as the second amendment.
View Quote

*Palmetto State Armory and Fenix Ammunition have entered the chat*
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]
One thing people don't think about  Do you think the manufacturers would actually sell us machine guns if they all of a sudden become legal? I don't think they would. Do you really think FN and their legal team would think it was OK to put some M249's for sale at bass pro shop lol? As soon as some gangbanger got a hold of one of those legally or illegally, they would just ban machine guns all over again. We're having to fight 24/7 just to keep what we have right now much less making machine guns totally legal to buy. And as far as larger weapons like grenades, tanks etc., those manufacturers would never sell those to everyday Americans because of insurance and liability reasons. The insurance they would have to keep to sell some of those weapons would be unbelievable.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
@ben

Bumping this because we all need it to happen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#8]
One thing people don't think about  Do you think the manufacturers would actually sell us machine guns if they all of a sudden become legal? I don't think they would.
View Quote
I sir wish the opportunity to find out.

One thing I have found out about companies is they like money. I bet one will take mine, and if not... I will buy some shop tools and make my own piece by piece. (shrugs)
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top