Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2024 9:45:20 AM EDT
With all these fast approvals I feel like I need to buy something but I sort of feel like I have all my bases covered.

Currently have:
22 can - DA Mask
Dedicated heavy use 556 - RC2
556 for clone/precision - OCM5
300 blk/7.62 Nato - DA Nomad 30
Pistol/PCC - DA Wolfman

The only thing I could think of would be a dedicated pistol can for up to 45 ACP but I barely shoot anything more than 9mm in handguns, only 45s are 1911s which I have no interest in suppressing. Anything I’m missing?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m almost finished getting dedicated cans for every gun I have that’s shot suppressed 75%+ of the time.  Maybe go that route?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:55:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fmkenner] [#2]
I'm at the same place you are.
I have
Rex Mod X 338
Rex Mod X 308
Surge X 308
Polonium 556
Obsidian 9
Oculus 22

I realize I don't have any lite weight cans. I'm at my dealer now picking up a few that just got approved and looking at lite weight cans. Maybe in the Ti flavor.

ETA: Just bought a Scythe Ti black.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
The Wolfman is awesome (I have 2) but a bit thicc for a handgun. What about the new Spectre 9? Not a lot in the wild at the moment but it might be worth keeping an eye on. I have an Omega 9k but still might snag one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Lightweight Ti can for hunting or whatever.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm behind. I've only a few
45 Osprey
AAC SDN-6 that I'm taking out of storage now that mounts and service is available
SOCOM762

I'm waiting on my Obsidian 9 and MOD9 to get released.
The Obsidian is going to live on my MPX with a tri-lug mostly
I'm also waiting on the SOCOM556-RC2 to come back in stock, the price point for the RC3 doesn't do it for me

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I’d grab a pistol can, a 9mm one. Get a 45 can later if you ever change your mind and want to suppress 45s.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:35:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
View Quote

This

It’s a brutal game, I’m now hanging out with systems that are 18-22oz looking at all these Scythe and Explorr and Lux guys with jealous eyes
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

This

It’s a brutal game, I’m now hanging out with systems that are 18-22oz looking at all these Scythe and Explorr and Lux guys with jealous eyes
View Quote

I wish I paid more attention to weight when I first started down this road.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:

This

Truth… I was young and dumb when I started buying cans and I’m currently 0/3 on being happy with my suppressor purchases. Although ECCO Machine did an excellent job on making 2/3 at least somewhat useable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:14:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#11]
I was considering a .45 suppressor also but the same as you figured I’d never shoot .45 except out of 1911 pistols so I didn’t give it another thought.
Until, I decided I needed a .45 ACP  PCC in my life and then jumped on a Rugged Obsidian 45.
Just sent the ATF Form 4 yesterday, hopefully I win the fast approval lottery since hopefully I’ll have my CMMG Dissent .45 by the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#12]
One rimfire can doesn't seem like enough.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#13]
With the quick F4 processing times I felt like I needed to get something before the wait times normalize back to 1 year waits.  

I have all my calibers covered from .22 x3, 9mm (pistol and PCC cans), .45, 5.56 and .30 cal. But I shoot my .22s and PCCs more often and figured I’d get another .22 or 9mm can. Something unique like an integrated barrel and suppressor but all the ones I was interested in were OOS.

On an impulse, I ended up buying a B&T RBS SQD Compact for no reason other than I’ve wanted to try out B&T suppressors.  Did I need another 9mm suppressor?  No, but I wanted one.

My advice is suppress everything and if you don’t have a can to cover them. Then buy one if it’s in your means.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmm, if it were me....

22 cal - Rugged Mustang. Light is right.
556 - Griffin Explorr. Light is right. Eco flow is a go. Do you need hard use? Seriously here, not "But but SHTF and aliens"
30 cal - Scythe Ti. Light is...See a pattern? Or a Explorr 30 because eco flow is...Well, you know.
Pistol - Fly9 or Ecco TLX. Light...Oh fergetit!

If you went Fly45 you also open up all the fun big bore shit too....44 mag, 45 cal, 45-70 etc.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Originally Posted By spot-remover:
View Quote

Sounds like this is what you need.
Also, pretty much exactly what I need.

Shooting 22s with multiple people, some supressed, some heathens, is not quite as fun as everyone being supressed.
I always need at least 1 more rimfire can.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
YHM R9 for .35 cal
Then you need to buy a .35 cal gun.

Agree on more rimfire and a light 762 can.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:03:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

Sounds like this is what you need.
Also, pretty much exactly what I need.

Shooting 22s with multiple people, some supressed, some heathens, is not quite as fun as everyone being supressed.
I always need at least 1 more rimfire can.
View Quote

I keep telling people this. It is also the reason I have 4, .22 cans.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By spot-remover:
View Quote

+1, rimfire cans are the ones i use the most. I have only 1 currently but have 2 more in progress
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I think a better question is, “Who has the suppressor I want in stock?”
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#20]

This

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This

End state of the rifle is more important than pure weight, IMO.

Neutral or stock heavy rifles get heavier cans to bring the weight where I like it, muzzle heavier rifles get light cans to keep from getting too muzzle heavy.

It's good to have choices.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By elmidgeto:

End state of the rifle is more important than pure weight, IMO.

Neutral or stock heavy rifles get heavier cans to bring the weight where I like it, muzzle heavier rifles get light cans to keep from getting too muzzle heavy.

It's good to have choices.
View Quote

Excellent point!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Light weight rimfire can
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:22:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaFish] [#23]
Originally Posted By beruitUSMC0351:
With all these fast approvals I feel like I need to buy something but I sort of feel like I have all my bases covered.

Currently have:
22 can - DA Mask
Dedicated heavy use 556 - RC2
556 for clone/precision - OCM5
300 blk/7.62 Nato - DA Nomad 30
Pistol/PCC - DA Wolfman

The only thing I could think of would be a dedicated pistol can for up to 45 ACP but I barely shoot anything more than 9mm in handguns, only 45s are 1911s which I have no interest in suppressing. Anything I’m missing?
View Quote

One is none and two is one, or something like that.   You need to double up on what you have.  I mean god forbid what happens if you get a baffle strike in one of your cans?  

Looking at your lineup, you weakest point is your .30 cal cans for 7.62 (wolfman does nice on .300 BLK)   So I really think you need another one of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top